|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Tom feel about the person who likes to protect him?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He doesn't know him.
2. How many people come to stay with Aunt Patsy?
3. Who comes to stay with Aunt Patsy?
(a) Some twin brothers.
(b) Some cousins.
(c) Her nephews.
(d) Two singers.
4. What does Percy threaten to do if the slaves do not admit who committed the crime?
(a) Sell them to a plantation.
(b) Put them on a steam boat.
(c) Sell them down river.
(d) Put them in prison.
5. What does Roxana decide to do after changing her mind about what to do about her worries?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill the baby.
(c) Switch the babies.
(d) Sell the baby.
6. What is Aunt Patsy called by the town people?
(a) Miss Patty.
(c) Widow Cooper.
(d) Widow Patsy.
7. Why is Wilson unable to get good clients in the new town?
(a) He is half black.
(b) They think he is dumb.
(c) He is a stranger.
(d) They are uncomfortable around him.
8. How is Roxana treated by Tom as he grows up?
(a) He plays nasty tricks on her.
(b) He treats her with kindness and affection.
(c) He is haughty and disdainful towards her.
(d) He ignores that she exists.
9. What does Wilson spend time learning about while he is out of work?
(a) Land levelling.
(d) Law statistics.
10. What happens to Roxana when Percy dies?
(a) She is sold Down River.
(b) She is sold to a steam boat manager.
(c) She is traded at auction.
(d) She is given her freedom.
11. Why do some people continue to put up with Tom while he is nasty to them?
(a) His aunt is well liked.
(b) His uncle is important.
(c) He has money.
(d) He is a good fighter.
12. What does Roxana worry about after the trial for the slaves involved in the theft?
(a) Being sold down river.
(b) Being separated from her son.
(c) Watching her son get bad treatment.
(d) Her son being sold down river.
13. Who is the slave boy sold to?
(a) A steam boat manager.
(c) David Wilson.
(d) Judge Driscoll.
14. Where are the people from who come to stay with Aunt Patsy?
15. What fraction is Roxana black?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roxana first choose to do when she gets worried after the trial for the slaves involved in the theft?
2. What is the name of the most prominent man in town's only surviving nephew?
3. How does Tom get high debts?
4. What makes Aunt Patsy something of a celebrity in the area?
5. What is David Wilson's occupation?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)