|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most prominent man in the town?
(a) Major Wilstead.
(b) Judge Driscoll.
(c) Sherriff Thompson.
(d) Dr. Wilson.
2. What makes Aunt Patsy something of a celebrity in the area?
(a) She sings a beautiful ballad.
(b) She houses some travelers.
(c) She is a witness in a crime.
(d) She suffers a terrible loss.
3. How is Roxana treated by Percy's son as he grows up?
(a) He is haughty and disdainful towards her.
(b) He plays nasty tricks on her.
(c) He ignores that she exists.
(d) He treats her with kindness and affection.
4. What is the name of the aunt of Tom not married to Judge Driscoll?
(a) Aunt Pratt.
(b) Aunt Pert.
(c) Aunt Parley.
(d) Aunt Pearson.
5. Who sees a woman in Tom's room one morning?
(b) Judge Cooper.
(d) David Wilson.
6. Which of the following town members belongs to the elite Society that the Judge is involved in?
(a) David Wilson.
(b) Judge Cooper.
(c) Sergeant Miller.
(d) Sheriff Wilson.
7. How many slaves come forward with information of who committed the crime?
8. What does Wilson like to do with the babies every few months?
(a) Play pretend with them.
(b) Collect hair samples.
(c) Take blood samples.
(d) Take their fingerprints.
9. What does Percy's slave name her baby?
(c) Van Gogh.
10. How long does Roxana work on the steamboat?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 6 years.
11. How much money does Tom give Roxana when she finds him?
12. Who takes the people visiting Aunt Patsy on a tour of the town?
(c) Judge Driscoll.
(d) Widow Cooper.
13. How does Tom grow up to be?
(a) Quiet and meek.
(b) Spoiled and selfish.
(c) Kind and unintelligent.
(d) Happy and content.
14. Where is Tom supposed to be when a woman is seen in his bedroom?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) St. Louis.
15. What does Roxana decide to do after changing her mind about what to do about her worries?
(a) Kill the baby.
(b) Sell the baby.
(c) Switch the babies.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people do to cure their curiosity when Aunt Patsy has some visitors?
2. What killed most of the most prominent man in town's nieces and nephews?
3. What does Aunt Patsy do to make extra money?
4. How much gambling debt has Tom incurred when he meets Roxana?
5. Why is Roxana cleared of the crime that the Percy slaves were accused of?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)