|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roxana end up penniless when she quit her job?
(a) The bank no longer deals with black women.
(b) She can't remember her account number.
(c) Someone stole her money.
(d) The bank with her money folded.
2. What college does Tom go to?
3. Why do some people continue to put up with Tom while he is nasty to them?
(a) His uncle is important.
(b) His aunt is well liked.
(c) He has money.
(d) He is a good fighter.
4. What does Tom do that disappoints Judge Driscoll?
(a) Steals some money.
(b) Quits college.
(c) Strikes a slave.
(d) Hits his aunt.
5. Why do Tom's aunts treat him the way they do?
(a) They fear him.
(b) They feel sorry for his loss.
(c) They don't know about his stealing.
(d) They don't have children.
6. Who takes the people visiting Aunt Patsy on a tour of the town?
(b) Judge Driscoll.
(d) Widow Cooper.
7. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the people coming to stay with Aunt Patsy?
8. Where do Tom and Roxana meet when she comes back to Dawson's Landing?
(a) The haunted house.
(b) The church.
(c) The cotton fields.
(d) The graveyard.
9. Who becomes close friends with the people visiting Aunt Patsy?
(b) Sheriff Wilson.
(d) David Wilson.
10. What is David Wilson's occupation?
11. Why was Percy's slave put in charge of raising his son?
(a) He knew she would care well for him.
(b) His wife had died.
(c) His wife was sick.
(d) He was afraid to get attached to the child.
12. How does the Tom feel about the person who likes to protect him?
(a) He doesn't know him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He doesn't care.
13. What does the Tom need protection from?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
14. Where has Roxana been living since she got back to Dawson's Landing?
(a) The boat docks.
(b) The church.
(c) The old planting shed.
(d) The haunted house.
15. What does Roxana call her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilson spend time learning about while he is out of work?
2. Where are the people from who come to stay with Aunt Patsy?
3. What makes Aunt Patsy something of a celebrity in the area?
4. What is the name of Percy's slave?
5. What does Percy's slave name her baby?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)