|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Tom need protection from?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. How does the Tom feel about the person who likes to protect him?
(a) He doesn't know him.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He loves him.
3. Why does Roxana get all dressed up when she gets worried?
(a) She wants to die looking nice.
(b) She doesn't want to be recognized.
(c) She wants to show her baby she cares.
(d) She wants to appear to be a white woman.
4. Why was Percy's slave put in charge of raising his son?
(a) He was afraid to get attached to the child.
(b) He knew she would care well for him.
(c) His wife was sick.
(d) His wife had died.
5. What does Roxana worry about after the trial for the slaves involved in the theft?
(a) Being sold down river.
(b) Her son being sold down river.
(c) Watching her son get bad treatment.
(d) Being separated from her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percy's slave name her baby?
2. What does Roxana call her son?
3. Why does Roxana's baby not look like a slave?
4. What does Tom say after his life has been saved?
5. What word does Twain use to describe the town in this book?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)