Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs asserts that almost every band that is thought of as _______ was originally criticized for being terrible musicians.
2. Bangs states that Laughner's doctors told him to quit using drugs but he continued to use to imitate ______.
3. In his article about Elvis, Bangs describes his experience of telling ______ men about Elvis' death and their lack of care.
4. Bangs describes a fantasy about eating ______ out of Elvis Presley's dead body, or part of the body to become Elvis himself.
5. According to Hell, the ability of a person to remake himself is the message of the song ______.
Bangs is a music critic, someone who is paid to talk about his opinions about music, which sometimes are stilted and unbalanced.
Part 1: Do you think a music critic should try to be more balanced in their writing?
Part 2: Do you agree with most of Bangs' ideas about music?
Part 3: How do you think a music critic is able to criticize music without letting their own tastes get in the way? Is this possible?
Bangs describes feeling more powerful as a result of the most masculine album that Reed makes in "Metal Machine Music."
Part 1: Why do you think powerful and masculine are two words that are associated with each other?
Part 2: Do you think that women singers can be powerful? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a song can be made more powerful for the audience?
Bangs writes about the Clash as they were one of the first bands who really wanted to make a difference in the world.
Part 1: Do you think that the Clash actually wanted to make a difference in the world?
Part 2: How do you think Bangs really feels about the music of the Clash?
Part 3: What are your opinions of the Clash based on what you've read in the book?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)