Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs asserts that almost every band that is thought of as _______ was originally criticized for being terrible musicians.
2. Bangs states that Laughner's doctors told him to quit using drugs but he continued to use to imitate ______.
3. In his article about Elvis, Bangs describes his experience of telling ______ men about Elvis' death and their lack of care.
4. Bangs describes a fantasy about eating ______ out of Elvis Presley's dead body, or part of the body to become Elvis himself.
5. According to Hell, the ability of a person to remake himself is the message of the song ______.
Essay Topic 1
Bangs seems to think that music and rock and roll should not be revered for being technically great.
Part 1: Does music have to be done well in order to be enjoyable?
Part 2: How do you think music is hindered by the structure of notes and time keeping?
Part 3: Why do you think Bangs believes music should be free to experiment?
Essay Topic 2
Dick Clark is a surprising figure in this story, sounding as though he doesn't agree with pop music, even though he seems to celebrate it.
Part 1: How do you think Bangs feels about Clark before and after their meeting?
Part 2: Why do you think Clark points out that music is not original?
Part 3: Why do you think popular culture tends to enjoy the same sort of music over and over?
Essay Topic 3
Bangs describes feeling more powerful as a result of the most masculine album that Reed makes in "Metal Machine Music."
Part 1: Why do you think powerful and masculine are two words that are associated with each other?
Part 2: Do you think that women singers can be powerful? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a song can be made more powerful for the audience?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)