Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs asserts that almost every band that is thought of as _______ was originally criticized for being terrible musicians.
2. Bangs states that Laughner's doctors told him to quit using drugs but he continued to use to imitate ______.
3. In his article about Elvis, Bangs describes his experience of telling ______ men about Elvis' death and their lack of care.
4. Bangs describes a fantasy about eating ______ out of Elvis Presley's dead body, or part of the body to become Elvis himself.
5. According to Hell, the ability of a person to remake himself is the message of the song ______.
Bangs discusses himself and his life as well, as though it connected to the music lifestyle.
Part 1: Do you think it's self-indulgent to talk about oneself as a writer?
Part 2: Why do you think Bangs decides to share some personal information about himself?
Part 3: Do you think readers would respect Bangs more if he shared less of himself and of his life?
Bangs is quick to point out that much of the music of the time period is a reaction to the world around the musicians.
Part 1: Why do you think musicians chose to react to the world around them?
Part 2: How do you think music is influenced by society? And vice versa?
Part 3: Do you think that music should be impacted by society? Why or why not?
In the beginning, Bangs writes from the perspective of an older man who is explaining rock and roll to children.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to consider alternative histories?
Part 2: How do you think that the opening section is right? How is it wrong?
Part 3: Do you think that an alternative history is just as valid as the real history?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)