|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs tells Reed during their interview that "Metal Machine Music" is authentic and calls it a _______ career move.
2. Bangs describes punk as being music that is about renouncing ______ and being different.
3. In an excerpt from "The Scorn Papers", Bangs takes issue with The Village Eye, which credited Richard Hell and John Holmstrom with the invention of ______.
4. In his essay "Fragments, 1976-1982", Bangs writes about the fact that he and his friends hate ______.
5. Bangs suggests that he likes the album Metal Box because it expresses the _____ that Bangs feels.
Essay Topic 1
Bangs seems to think that music and rock and roll should not be revered for being technically great.
Part 1: Does music have to be done well in order to be enjoyable?
Part 2: How do you think music is hindered by the structure of notes and time keeping?
Part 3: Why do you think Bangs believes music should be free to experiment?
Essay Topic 2
Reed and Bangs are insulting each other when they are first talking to each other the interview they have in the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the two men decide to insult each other when they are talking?
Part 2: Do you think it's good form to insult another person you are interviewing?
Part 3: How do you think Bangs should have treated Reed in that particular interview?
Essay Topic 3
In his writing, Bangs seems to have explanations for band names, which seem to be a little preposterous.
Part 1: Do you think you can believe everything that Bangs is saying?
Part 2: How do you think Bangs comes up with the answers that he shares with his readers?
Part 3: Why do you think Bangs feels the need to explain the band names and meanings?
This section contains 1,572 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)