Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs asserts that almost every band that is thought of as _______ was originally criticized for being terrible musicians.
2. Bangs states that Laughner's doctors told him to quit using drugs but he continued to use to imitate ______.
3. In his article about Elvis, Bangs describes his experience of telling ______ men about Elvis' death and their lack of care.
4. Bangs describes a fantasy about eating ______ out of Elvis Presley's dead body, or part of the body to become Elvis himself.
5. According to Hell, the ability of a person to remake himself is the message of the song ______.
Essay Topic 1
Bangs dismisses Chicago because, while he hates the music, he knows it will be popular to the general public.
Part 1: Do you think that all popular bands are unable to create good music?
Part 2: Why do you think popularity is so offensive to Bangs in his viewpoint?
Part 3: How do you think you would review a band that is popular but that was not suited to your tastes?
Essay Topic 2
The interpretation of song lyrics can be tricky and dependent on the person who does the translating.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible to definitively state that a song means one thing?
Part 2: Do you think you are objective when it comes to the interpretation of song lyrics?
Part 3: How do you think a person could be positive about the meaning of a song?
Essay Topic 3
From the outside, it might look like Bangs is more of a music snob than he appears to be, only favoring indie rock.
Part 1: Why do you think Bangs prefers indie rock bands?
Part 2: Why do you think Bangs tends to be repulsed by popular music and popular bands?
Part 3: Do you think there is a 'true' music form that should be listened to over others?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)