Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs asserts that almost every band that is thought of as _______ was originally criticized for being terrible musicians.
2. Bangs states that Laughner's doctors told him to quit using drugs but he continued to use to imitate ______.
3. In his article about Elvis, Bangs describes his experience of telling ______ men about Elvis' death and their lack of care.
4. Bangs describes a fantasy about eating ______ out of Elvis Presley's dead body, or part of the body to become Elvis himself.
5. According to Hell, the ability of a person to remake himself is the message of the song ______.
Joe Strummer says that he actually wants to know when he's not being as good in concerts.
Part 1: Do you think most performers want to hear whether they are good in a performance?
Part 2: How do you think a performer from today's music scene might react if someone told them they were off one night?
Part 3: Do you appreciate honesty over being told you are good, even when you're not?
Bangs believes that a free style of music is much more effective than a more arty style, like Led Zeppelin.
Part 1: How would you characterize the music of Led Zeppelin?
Part 2: Do you think that free music is better than music which is more structured?
Part 3: Why do you think Bangs is more forgiving to free music?
In the beginning, Bangs writes from the perspective of an older man who is explaining rock and roll to children.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important to consider alternative histories?
Part 2: How do you think that the opening section is right? How is it wrong?
Part 3: Do you think that an alternative history is just as valid as the real history?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)