|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs asserts that almost every band that is thought of as _______ was originally criticized for being terrible musicians.
2. Bangs states that Laughner's doctors told him to quit using drugs but he continued to use to imitate ______.
3. In his article about Elvis, Bangs describes his experience of telling ______ men about Elvis' death and their lack of care.
4. Bangs describes a fantasy about eating ______ out of Elvis Presley's dead body, or part of the body to become Elvis himself.
5. According to Hell, the ability of a person to remake himself is the message of the song ______.
Essay Topic 1
Reed and Bangs are insulting each other when they are first talking to each other the interview they have in the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the two men decide to insult each other when they are talking?
Part 2: Do you think it's good form to insult another person you are interviewing?
Part 3: How do you think Bangs should have treated Reed in that particular interview?
Essay Topic 2
Bangs dismisses Chicago because, while he hates the music, he knows it will be popular to the general public.
Part 1: Do you think that all popular bands are unable to create good music?
Part 2: Why do you think popularity is so offensive to Bangs in his viewpoint?
Part 3: How do you think you would review a band that is popular but that was not suited to your tastes?
Essay Topic 3
Bangs seems to be irreverent in much of his writing, deciding to use different voices for different topics.
Part 1: Why do you think Bangs uses different voices in different columns?
Part 2: Do you think it's better to have a consistent voice or to have different voices?
Part 3: How do you think you would speak if you were writing a music column versus a traditional column?
This section contains 1,582 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)