|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Maggie May excerpt begins with a male character meeting an _____ woman in a bar in London.
2. In the essay "All My Friends are Hermits", Bangs describes wanting to have sex with a woman in _______.
(a) A hot tub.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An airport.
(d) A primitive setting.
3. Bangs suggests that when the title of greatness is conferred on a band it lasts _______.
(a) As long as the band is popular.
(b) As long as the music is listened to.
(c) A couple of years at most.
4. The couple returns to the man's apartment and they have ______.
(a) Passionate sex.
(b) Wine by the fire.
5. In his article about Elvis, Bangs describes his experience of telling ______ men about Elvis' death and their lack of care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs asserts that Reed's music is about ______, which Reed denies. They also get into an argument about stimulants.
2. Bangs states that Laughner's doctors told him to quit using drugs but he continued to use to imitate ______.
3. The woman is frustrated with her relationship situation and comes up with all of the following ideas to fix it except _______.
4. Bangs believes that the album "Metal Machine Music" is the ultimate evolution of using _______.
5. The excerpt from "Maggie May" is a fictional piece that was inspired by the song written by ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about Hell's music that disturbs Bangs, according to the way he writes about the music?
2. What does Bangs say about Elvis' place in the music history at the end of his piece about him?
3. Why does Bangs consider Lou Reed to be a hero of his, according to his writings?
4. What does the woman begin to realize about the man as their relationship continues on?
5. What do the man and the woman realize about themselves and about the things they share in common?
6. Why is it difficult for Bangs to see Elvis as a tragic character in the music world?
7. What does the woman decide she wants to do when she runs into her ex-lover later on?
8. Why does Bangs want to have sex with death all around him, according to one of his essays?
9. What does Bangs conclude about the performances of Pop when he sees the show at the beginning of this chapter?
10. What does Reed have to say about Iggy Pop when he is first being interviewed by Bangs in this section?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)