|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs describes "Lost Highway" as being marked by a certain cultural ______, especially when it comes to race.
2. Bangs suggests that "Metal Machine Music" could also be used as a deterrent for _______.
(b) Stray dogs.
3. Bangs tells Reed during their interview that "Metal Machine Music" is authentic and calls it a _______ career move.
4. The essay "The Greatest Album Ever Made" is a list of _______ different reasons Bangs likes "Metal Machine Music".
(d) One hundered.
5. Reed tells Bangs that there are ______ that can be used as a weapon and some of them are on his latest album.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs describes punk as being music that is about renouncing ______ and being different.
2. In his article, Bangs contends that Elvis' main contribution to rock and roll music was his ______.
3. In his review of Peter Guralinick's book, Bangs suggests that all the characters in the book were destroyed by their ______.
4. Bangs suggests that "Metal Machine Music" has curative properties and may be useful in treating ______.
5. Once on tour with The Clash, Bangs gets into a food fight and gets his hair set on fire by _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bangs tell readers to read when they decide they want to read something?
2. What does the woman begin to realize about the man as their relationship continues on?
3. What does Bangs believe about the music of Bob Seger when he reviews his album?
4. Why does Bangs believe Richard Hell's style of punk rock is necessary in the world?
5. What happens when a person buys the fictitious Rolling Stones album that Bangs describes in this section?
6. Why is it difficult for Bangs to see Elvis as a tragic character in the music world?
7. What does Bangs do in order to go see the Tangerine Dream laser show at Avery Fisher Hall in New York?
8. What does Bangs reveal that he and his friends hate doing, when he is writing in the first part of this section?
9. What does Bangs say is the most important ways in which Lou Reed is unique?
10. What is the opinion Bangs has of Reed when the interview is over versus when they first started?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)