|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs states in "All My Friends are Hermits" that he wants to have sex with this woman surrounded by ______.
(c) The jungle.
2. In the essay "How to Succeed at _______ Without Really Trying", Bangs claims that he is not still fighting with Lou Reed.
3. The woman comes to realize at some point that she feels more like a ______ than a lover in their relationship.
4. In his article, Bangs contends that Elvis' main contribution to rock and roll music was his ______.
(a) Sexual energy.
(b) Use of blues music.
(c) Southern style.
(d) Sense of rhythm.
5. Bangs rejects the idea that punk is _____ because some bands used symbols like swastikas. He felt that it was mainly for shock value.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the essay "Let Us Now Praise Famous Death Dwarves", Bangs lists ways that ______ is unique, including the fact that he is willing to interview with Bangs again.
2. Reed tells Bangs that there are ______ that can be used as a weapon and some of them are on his latest album.
3. Bangs describes punk as being music that is about renouncing ______ and being different.
4. Bangs suggests that in America, ______ was often one of the only things that ever united the races.
5. Bangs asserts that Reed's music is about ______, which Reed denies. They also get into an argument about stimulants.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Bangs to see Elvis as a tragic character in the music world?
2. What does Bangs do in order to go see the Tangerine Dream laser show at Avery Fisher Hall in New York?
3. Why does Hell believe that self-hatred is important, according to the way that Bangs writes about him?
4. What are the opinions of the Lou Reed album, "How to Succeed in Torture Without Really Trying," including Bangs' opinion?
5. What does Bangs conclude about the performances of Pop when he sees the show at the beginning of this chapter?
6. What does the woman decide she wants to do when she runs into her ex-lover later on?
7. Why does Bangs believe Richard Hell's style of punk rock is necessary in the world?
8. What does Bangs note about any band which is now considered to be great in the eyes of the culture?
9. What does Bangs believe hints to Pop's isolation in the music world when he is reviewing a show?
10. Why does Bangs consider Lou Reed to be a hero of his, according to his writings?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)