|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. 1976 saw the advent of _____ rock and people starting buying albums again.
2. Bangs rejects the idea that punk is _____ because some bands used symbols like swastikas. He felt that it was mainly for shock value.
3. Bangs describes an incident in ______ during a Stooges concert where Iggy Pop was beaten up by a biker.
(c) New York.
4. Bangs suggests that Reed's latest album was inspired by _______, which Bangs jokes could solve all the worlds problems.
5. In the essay "How to Succeed at _______ Without Really Trying", Bangs claims that he is not still fighting with Lou Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the essay "Notes on Pil's Metal Box", Bangs wonders if Johnny ______'s music is just juvenile nastiness.
2. In the essay "All My Friends are Hermits", Bangs describes wanting to have sex with a woman in _______.
3. The woman is frustrated with her relationship situation and comes up with all of the following ideas to fix it except _______.
4. Bangs describes a fantasy about eating ______ out of Elvis Presley's dead body, or part of the body to become Elvis himself.
5. The woman in the Maggie May story goes to the bar the next day looking _______ because she has no money.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bangs conclude about the performances of Pop when he sees the show at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does Bangs tell readers to read when they decide they want to read something?
3. What does Bangs do in order to go see the Tangerine Dream laser show at Avery Fisher Hall in New York?
4. Why does Bangs want to have sex with death all around him, according to one of his essays?
5. What does the woman begin to realize about the man as their relationship continues on?
6. What does Reed have to say about Iggy Pop when he is first being interviewed by Bangs in this section?
7. What does Bangs say about Elvis' place in the music history at the end of his piece about him?
8. Why is it difficult for Bangs to see Elvis as a tragic character in the music world?
9. What does Bangs note about any band which is now considered to be great in the eyes of the culture?
10. What does Bangs believe about the music of Bob Seger when he reviews his album?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)