|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs believes that ______ are the only band in their genre with strong convictions about making a better world.
(a) The Fray.
(b) The Clash.
(d) The Sex Pistols.
2. During the interview with Lou Reed, Bangs suggests that _______ imitates Lou Reed.
(b) David Bowie.
(c) Iggy Pop.
(d) Luther Vandross.
3. The excerpt from "Maggie May" is a fictional piece that was inspired by the song written by ______.
(a) Rod Stewart.
(b) John Lennon.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Eric Clapton.
4. Bangs suggests that "Metal Machine Music" could also be used as a deterrent for _______.
(a) Stray dogs.
5. Part of the woman's tactics to get the young man to leave includes ______.
(a) Having group sex with the hell's angels.
(b) Calling the police on him.
(c) Spitting on him.
(d) Having sex in public at the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first excerpt from "Untitled Notes", Bangs purchases a non-existent _______ album called "Sucking It in the Seventies".
2. Bangs discusses Lou Reed's new album called "Metal Machine Music", which is all ______ music.
3. In the essay "All My Friends are Hermits", Bangs describes wanting to have sex with a woman in _______.
4. In his essay, Bangs accuses Seger of ______ because his music is not much different than others.
5. 1976 saw the advent of _____ rock and people starting buying albums again.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bangs believe that Elvis was able to be a rebel without being an outcast?
2. What does Bangs tell readers to read when they decide they want to read something?
3. What does Bangs say is the most important ways in which Lou Reed is unique?
4. Why does Bangs consider Lou Reed to be a hero of his, according to his writings?
5. What are the opinions of the Lou Reed album, "How to Succeed in Torture Without Really Trying," including Bangs' opinion?
6. What does Bangs do in order to go see the Tangerine Dream laser show at Avery Fisher Hall in New York?
7. What does Bangs say about Elvis' place in the music history at the end of his piece about him?
8. Why does Bangs think it is pointless to get bogged down in who created a musical style?
9. Why is Bangs surprised by the amount of racism that is present in punk rock and in punk rock music?
10. What does Bangs reveal that he and his friends hate doing, when he is writing in the first part of this section?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)