|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clark believes that the current generation are very ______ despite their claims towards originality.
2. Lester Bangs refers to Count Five's album ______ as being their grungiest, and describes the reaction of other critics.
(a) Carburetor Dung.
(b) Physical Graffiti.
(c) Psychotic Reaction.
3. Bangs concludes his review of Barry White by comparing White's songs to ______.
4. Bangs writes the latter half of his interview with Slade in an imitation of a _______ cockney accent.
5. Bangs shows his distaste for Bowie's concert by comparing it to a ______ show with black people for props.
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the confrontation escalates, Bangs is arrested by a tenant in the building and charged with _____.
2. The opening acts for David Bowie's concert included such names as Ava Cherrt and _______.
3. Although the essay begins by talking about the _______, the narrator changes the subject to a group called Count Five.
4. Bangs then reviews James Taylor's album called "_____ Man Dog" and surprisingly defends the album.
5. The Yardbirds were a British Band that launched the musical careers of all of the following guitarists except ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reactions that Lester Bangs has in reaction to the album he buys from the band, Count Five?
2. Why does Bangs speak so highly of the Van Morrison album, "Astral Weeks," in his essay?
3. What does Jon Landau do in response to the way that Lester Bangs writes about music, according to the essay?
4. What does Bangs have to say about the album "Keep the Faith," even though he liked the band's first album?
5. From whom does Kraftwerk say that they take their inspiration, according to their conversation with Bangs?
6. What does Bangs believe is the reason why The Guess Who are so popular and so effective with their audience?
7. What is the assessment of "Fun House" that Bangs makes after listening to the album the first and the second time?
8. What does Bangs believe to be the meaning of the song "Give It To Me" by The Troggs?
9. What is the opinion that Bangs and Clark seem to share when they are talking in an interview together?
10. What does the J. Geils Band invite Bangs to do when he is trying to cover their concert?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)