|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick Clark tells Bangs that he will be around for a long time precisely because he promotes ______ music.
2. Bangs asserts that "the Guess Who is God" in his essay "The Guess Who: Live at the _____".
(a) Madison Square Garden.
3. Rock crowds had become convinced that bands were supposed to be objects of ______.
(b) Sexual fantasy.
4. Bangs suggests that _____ is a dangerous thing because it makes people vulnerable to the universal pain of life.
5. In his write up of the song _____, Bangs fantasizes about the lead singer, Reg Presley, living out the lyrics.
(c) I Just Sing.
(d) Wild Thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs describes the fact that Iggy Pop transitioned from an imitation of______ on the last album to a more refined and unique form.
2. In the essay "Screwing the System With Dick Clark", Bangs describes his meeting with Dick Clark, host of _______.
3. The band known as the Troggs derived their name from the word ______ which means "cavemen".
4. Bangs argues that _____ 's antics helped to break down the wall between the musician and the listener.
5. Van Morrison's second album was released in _____ and Bangs reports that it became a source of hope for him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bangs believe the song "Wild Thing" causes the listeners to do, or to at least consider doing in their lives?
2. From whom does Kraftwerk say that they take their inspiration, according to their conversation with Bangs?
3. What does Bangs believe to be the meaning of the song "Give It To Me" by The Troggs?
4. What does Clark believe about the trend of glam rock when it is discussed with Bangs?
5. What is the observation that Bangs makes about the rock bands of the time and how they were seen by crowds?
6. What does Bangs believe is the reason why The Guess Who are so popular and so effective with their audience?
7. What are the reactions that Lester Bangs has in reaction to the album he buys from the band, Count Five?
8. Why does Bangs recommend the album "White Witch", even though it's difficult to tell whether he is being serious or not in this essay?
9. What does Bang argue is the recipe for making rock and roll good again, according to his essay?
10. What is the assessment of "Fun House" that Bangs makes after listening to the album the first and the second time?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)