|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs concludes that Iggy Pop's performances are the most ______ things he has seen and also the most terrifying.
2. During their interview, Hell describes to Bangs the importance of self-hatred and ______ in music.
3. Bangs believes that ______ are the only band in their genre with strong convictions about making a better world.
(a) The Fray.
(b) The Clash.
(c) The Sex Pistols.
4. Guralinick tries to justify Phillips' switch to almost entirely ______ musicians after recording Elvis Presley.
5. The couple returns to the man's apartment and they have ______.
(a) Wine by the fire.
(b) Passionate sex.
6. The woman in the Maggie May story goes to the bar the next day looking _______ because she has no money.
(a) For a meal.
(b) For work.
(c) For a handout.
(d) To prostitute herself.
7. Bangs states in "All My Friends are Hermits" that he wants to have sex with this woman surrounded by ______.
(a) The jungle.
8. Bangs suggests that in America, ______ was often one of the only things that ever united the races.
9. Bangs discusses Lou Reed's new album called "Metal Machine Music", which is all ______ music.
10. Bangs reviewed the group Sham 69, a British punk band whose fans were known to be ______.
11. After an initial fight, the couple meet again on the street and the young man asks the woman to ______.
(a) A picnic.
(b) A quiet dinner in his apartment.
(c) A movie.
(d) A restuarant.
12. The woman is frustrated with her relationship situation and comes up with all of the following ideas to fix it except _______.
(a) Killing herself.
(b) Killing him.
(c) Talking to him.
13. Bangs begins his interview with Lou Reed by having an argument with him even though he is Bangs' ______.
14. Bangs suggests that when the title of greatness is conferred on a band it lasts _______.
(a) As long as the band is popular.
(b) A couple of years at most.
(c) As long as the music is listened to.
15. Bangs reviewed a recent performance of Iggy Pop at the Palladium and suggested that his physical performance hints at his ______.
(b) Martial arts training.
(d) Acrobatic skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part of the woman's tactics to get the young man to leave includes ______.
2. In the essay "How to Succeed at _______ Without Really Trying", Bangs claims that he is not still fighting with Lou Reed.
3. In the essay "The White Noise Supremacists", Bangs tackles the subject of ______ in punk music.
4. In an excerpt from his review of Peter Guralinick's book, Bangs focused on Sam Phillips, the owner of _______.
5. Reed tells Bangs that there are ______ that can be used as a weapon and some of them are on his latest album.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)