|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs described ______ as a supernatural force in his ability to be a rebel without becoming an outcast.
(a) James Dean.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Sam Phillips.
(d) Peter Guralinick.
2. Part of the woman's tactics to get the young man to leave includes ______.
(a) Having sex in public at the bar.
(b) Calling the police on him.
(c) Spitting on him.
(d) Having group sex with the hell's angels.
3. Bangs states that on the previous New Year's Eve he met _____ different women and did not have sex with any of them.
4. Reed tells Bangs that there are ______ that can be used as a weapon and some of them are on his latest album.
5. Bangs enjoys Hell's music, but he is profoundly disturbed by the sense of ______ that he detects in his music and personality.
6. Bangs reviewed the group Sham 69, a British punk band whose fans were known to be ______.
7. Bangs concludes by stating that Lou Reed once did him a favor by saying that he had been a good writer but now was a ______.
8. In the essay "The White Noise Supremacists", Bangs tackles the subject of ______ in punk music.
9. In his review of Peter Guralinick's book, Bangs suggests that all the characters in the book were destroyed by their ______.
(a) Drug problems.
(b) Alcohol problems.
(c) Addiction to sex.
10. In the essay "Let Us Now Praise Famous Death Dwarves", Bangs lists ways that ______ is unique, including the fact that he is willing to interview with Bangs again.
(a) Lou Reed.
(b) David Bowie.
(c) Luther Vandross.
(d) Iggy Pop.
11. Bangs himself died of drug related causes about _____ years after the essay about Laughner was written.
12. In the essay "All My Friends are Hermits", Bangs describes wanting to have sex with a woman in _______.
(a) A primitive setting.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An airport.
(d) A hot tub.
13. Bangs suggests that in America, ______ was often one of the only things that ever united the races.
14. Bangs describes the experience of the couple as being ______.
15. Bangs states in "All My Friends are Hermits" that he wants to have sex with this woman surrounded by ______.
(a) The jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his final excerpt, Bangs rehashes his disputes with ______, lead singer from the Velvet Underground.
2. During his essay on Sham 69, Bangs attempts to emulate their style in his writing and ends every sentence with _______.
3. Bangs describes an incident in ______ during a Stooges concert where Iggy Pop was beaten up by a biker.
4. Guralinick tries to justify Phillips' switch to almost entirely ______ musicians after recording Elvis Presley.
5. At the conclusion of the interview, Bangs decides that he has changed his opinion of Reed and that he is a _______.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)