|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs believes that Laughner bought into a rock culture that celebrates ______, and Bangs subsequently denounces that culture.
2. In the essay "The White Noise Supremacists", Bangs tackles the subject of ______ in punk music.
3. Bangs begins his interview with Lou Reed by having an argument with him even though he is Bangs' ______.
4. Bangs describes a fantasy about eating ______ out of Elvis Presley's dead body, or part of the body to become Elvis himself.
(a) Marijuana brownies.
5. Bangs states that Laughner's doctors told him to quit using drugs but he continued to use to imitate ______.
(b) David Bowie.
(c) Lou Reed.
(d) Iggy Pop.
6. In the essay "All My Friends are Hermits", Bangs describes wanting to have sex with a woman in _______.
(a) A hot tub.
(b) A primitive setting.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) An airport.
7. After an initial fight, the couple meet again on the street and the young man asks the woman to ______.
(a) A restuarant.
(b) A quiet dinner in his apartment.
(c) A movie.
(d) A picnic.
8. "Growing Up True is Hard to Do" is a review of Bob Seger's album ______.
(a) Stranger in Town.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) L.A. Blues.
(d) Blank Generation.
9. In "New Year's Eve", Bangs asserts that the holiday raises expectations for the future to an unreasonable level and the night is overall ______.
10. Bangs concludes that Iggy Pop's performances are the most ______ things he has seen and also the most terrifying.
11. The woman in the Maggie May story goes to the bar the next day looking _______ because she has no money.
(a) For a handout.
(b) To prostitute herself.
(c) For work.
(d) For a meal.
12. Bangs states that on the previous New Year's Eve he met _____ different women and did not have sex with any of them.
13. Bangs describes punk as being music that is about renouncing ______ and being different.
14. Bangs concludes the article suggesting that everyone likes Lou Reed's ______ music.
15. The woman is frustrated with her relationship situation and comes up with all of the following ideas to fix it except _______.
(a) Killing him.
(b) Talking to him.
(c) Killing herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his essay on Sham 69, Bangs attempts to emulate their style in his writing and ends every sentence with _______.
2. Once on tour with The Clash, Bangs gets into a food fight and gets his hair set on fire by _______.
3. The second excerpt reiterates Bangs feelings that rock and roll's greatness does not come from the ______ of the bands.
4. Guralinick tries to justify Phillips' switch to almost entirely ______ musicians after recording Elvis Presley.
5. In the essay "How to Succeed at _______ Without Really Trying", Bangs claims that he is not still fighting with Lou Reed.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)