|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs believes that the Godz third album ________ is a complete descent into acid-rock cliches.
(a) The Third Eye.
(b) The Final Testament.
(c) The Third Testament.
(d) The Old Testament.
2. The worst examples of bands that treat their fans poorly Bangs refers to as ______, with James Taylor as the lead person in the group.
3. Bangs suggests that once groups reach stardom they begin to treat their fans with ______.
4. Bangs hears the album ______ at a dinner party and it leads to him and others harassing people at a Masons function.
(c) Station to Station.
5. Van Morrison's second album was released in _____ and Bangs reports that it became a source of hope for him.
6. Bangs begins the essay "Do the Godz Speak Esperanto" by discussing ______ records which he believes is the most underground record label in the country.
7. Other critics said of Iggy Pop and the band that the stage show was juvenile and they were musically ______.
8. In "Chicago at Carnegie Hall, Volumes I,II, III, & IV", Bangs mocks the album as being better as pieces of _____ than a work of music.
(a) Scrap metal.
9. The ______ seize the television stations and play all manner of different content, and one station in LA tries to play every movie ever made.
10. Bangs asserts that "the Guess Who is God" in his essay "The Guess Who: Live at the _____".
(d) Madison Square Garden.
11. Bangs considers horror movies to be the equivalent of ______ movies and writes a fake L.A. times article detailing an uprising against the television stations.
(c) Rock and Roll.
12. Bangs begins the essay "John Coltrane Lives" by describing a recent practice session with his band and discovering a _______ in the apartment, reminding him of Coltrane.
13. Bangs purchases a record by _______ and he says it is so bad that "it gets stars for lousiness".
(a) The Godz.
(b) The Heroz.
(c) The Legendz.
(d) The Starz.
14. The narrator of the story Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung is a ______ year old man explaining rock and roll history to his grandchildren.
15. In the article "Jethro Tull in ______" Bangs describes how the band has managed to become popular without the benefit of a radio single.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs had written earlier about the Troggs and suggested that they were a ______ band.
2. Bangs writes the latter half of his interview with Slade in an imitation of a _______ cockney accent.
3. The old man tells his grandchildren that by the end of the 1960s, the Yardbirds had transformed into the band ______.
4. Bangs argues that "Keep the Faith" could be used to make people immune from _____ torture and brainwashing.
5. When Bangs takes the instrument home with him and attempts to play it, a dispute with ______ erupts.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)