|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his writing, Bangs fantasizes about murdering ______ because he is so self-absorbed.
(a) Reg Presley.
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) James Taylor.
(d) Elvis Presley.
2. Critic Jon Landau dismisses Bangs for his reviews and for his magazine _______ for giving similar albums positive reviews.
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) Astral Weeks.
(c) L.A. Blues.
3. Bangs argues that "Keep the Faith" could be used to make people immune from _____ torture and brainwashing.
4. Dick Clark tells Bangs that he will be around for a long time precisely because he promotes ______ music.
5. Bangs claims that Count Five released a total of ______ albums and goes on to explain the merits of each.
6. Although the essay begins by talking about the _______, the narrator changes the subject to a group called Count Five.
(c) Led Zeppelin.
(d) Rolling Stones.
7. Bands describes some of his adolescent ______ exploits as a form of tribute to the power of the Troggs' music.
8. Bangs felt that the Baby Boomer generation was ______, believing their every act was of great importance.
9. Bangs finds the lyrics on Jethro Tull's new album "Thick as a _____" to be self -righteous.
10. The narrator of the story Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung is a ______ year old man explaining rock and roll history to his grandchildren.
11. Bangs had written earlier about the Troggs and suggested that they were a ______ band.
12. The second essay in the book is a review of Van Morrison's second album called _______.
(a) Velvet Underground.
(b) T.V. Eye.
(c) Astral Weeks.
(d) Madame George.
13. When Bangs takes the instrument home with him and attempts to play it, a dispute with ______ erupts.
(a) John Coltrane.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) The landlady.
14. The essay titled "____ Witch" recommends the album because the band are all sexually frustrated "dorks".
15. Bangs suggested that rock bands had become pretentious and therefore deserved to get pied in the face like ______.
(a) Eric Clapton.
(b) Alice Cooper.
(c) Iggy Pop.
(d) Jimmy Page.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs suggests that _____ is a dangerous thing because it makes people vulnerable to the universal pain of life.
2. _______ claims that they are one of the first truly German bands since World War II.
3. In "Black _____ Arkansas: Keep the Faith", Bangs admits that he like the band's album when he first heard it.
4. Bangs goes on to review the second album that the Stooges put out called _____ . Bangs admits that the first time he heard the album it sounded like nothing but noise.
5. Bangs bemoans the turn popular music took towards _______ and politics in the late '60s, preferring instead the earlier sounds of the decade.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)