|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening acts for David Bowie's concert included such names as Ava Cherrt and _______.
(a) Luther Vandross.
(b) Art Tatum.
(c) Herbie Hancock.
(d) Stevie Wonder.
2. Although the essay begins by talking about the _______, the narrator changes the subject to a group called Count Five.
(b) Led Zeppelin.
(d) Rolling Stones.
3. Bangs hears the album ______ at a dinner party and it leads to him and others harassing people at a Masons function.
(b) Station to Station.
4. Bangs asserts that "the Guess Who is God" in his essay "The Guess Who: Live at the _____".
(c) Madison Square Garden.
5. Bangs was at first offended by the Guess Who's most famous song "______ Woman" but then realized that their willingness to offend the audience is what made them great.
6. The essay "Johnny Ray's Better _______" is a review of a David Bowie concert.
7. Bangs had written earlier about the Troggs and suggested that they were a ______ band.
8. The article "My Night of Ecstasy With the J. Geils Band" talks about Bangs and the staff of ______ trying to figure out how to cover the J. Geils show.
(b) The Cream.
(c) The Rolling Stone.
(d) Heavy Metal.
9. Bangs argues that "Keep the Faith" could be used to make people immune from _____ torture and brainwashing.
10. Dick Clark tells Bangs that he will be around for a long time precisely because he promotes ______ music.
11. In reviewing Barry White's new album, Bangs states that White has found yet another way to sing about _____.
(a) The Earth.
12. Clark believes that _____ rock, which Bangs refers to as fag-rock, is mostly just to shock people.
13. Bangs states that "Station to Station" is ______ 's finest album yet because even if the lyrics are pretentious, the guitar is amazing.
(b) Luther Vandross.
(c) David Bowie.
(d) Barry White.
14. _______ claims that they are one of the first truly German bands since World War II.
15. When the confrontation escalates, Bangs is arrested by a tenant in the building and charged with _____.
(c) Drunk and Disorderly conduct.
(d) Breaking and Entering.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the interview with J. Geils, the band invites Bangs to write ______ as they play an encore.
2. Van Morrison's second album was released in _____ and Bangs reports that it became a source of hope for him.
3. Bangs shows his distaste for Bowie's concert by comparing it to a ______ show with black people for props.
4. When Bangs takes the instrument home with him and attempts to play it, a dispute with ______ erupts.
5. Bangs describes another band, _____, that was able to step into using a freestyle approach partly due to the fact that barely knew how to play their instruments.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)