|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick Clark tells Bangs that he will be around for a long time precisely because he promotes ______ music.
2. According to Bangs, groups should have resisted the urge to become arty and developed the free style used by _____ musicians.
3. One group that Bangs felt did use a more freestyle approach was ________, but they were among the few.
(a) The Mysterians.
(b) Led Zeppelin.
(c) Question Mark.
(d) The Velvet Underground.
4. The narrator begins the story by talking about how great the music was in the year ______, particularly the Yardbirds.
5. Van Morrison's second album was released in _____ and Bangs reports that it became a source of hope for him.
6. The song _______ is listed on the first half of the Stooges second album which Bangs describes as the better half of the album.
(a) T.V. Eye.
(b) Velvet Underground.
(c) Carburetor Dung.
(d) L.A. Blues.
7. The ______ seize the television stations and play all manner of different content, and one station in LA tries to play every movie ever made.
8. In reviewing Barry White's new album, Bangs states that White has found yet another way to sing about _____.
(a) The Earth.
9. Bangs admires the Troggs for making innocent _____ songs as well as incredibly sexual music.
10. Bangs argues that in order to make rock and roll good again, musicians have to stop trying to respect ______ styles.
11. Bangs claims that Count Five released a total of ______ albums and goes on to explain the merits of each.
12. In writing about the value of old horror movies, Bangs suggests that _____ is just a restriction mean to keep people from enjoying themselves.
(c) Good Taste.
13. Bangs suggests that _____ is a dangerous thing because it makes people vulnerable to the universal pain of life.
14. In "Of Pop and Pies and Fun", Bangs defends the band that is known as the _______, in particular front man Iggy Pop.
(a) The Black Crows.
(b) The Stooges.
(c) The Animals.
(d) The Yardbirds.
15. When Bangs takes the instrument home with him and attempts to play it, a dispute with ______ erupts.
(a) John Coltrane.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The landlady.
(d) His girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs reviews a concert he attended by Barrie White and states that he came away from the performance _______.
2. Bangs begins the essay "Do the Godz Speak Esperanto" by discussing ______ records which he believes is the most underground record label in the country.
3. Bangs felt that the Baby Boomer generation was ______, believing their every act was of great importance.
4. In Bangs' review of the Stooges second album, he talks about the "relentlessly driving" _____, which is in the first half of the album.
5. Bangs shows his distaste for Bowie's concert by comparing it to a ______ show with black people for props.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)