|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Unpublishable Part Two and Untitled.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The way the woman finally is able to get rid of him is ______ and making him famous.
(a) Getting him to become an actor.
(b) Getting him to open his own bar.
(c) Getting him art lessons.
(d) Getting him into a rock band.
2. The excerpt from "Maggie May" is a fictional piece that was inspired by the song written by ______.
(a) Rod Stewart.
(b) John Lennon.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Eric Clapton.
3. In an excerpt from "The Scorn Papers", Bangs takes issue with The Village Eye, which credited Richard Hell and John Holmstrom with the invention of ______.
4. The essay "Johnny Ray's Better _______" is a review of a David Bowie concert.
5. Bangs argues that "Keep the Faith" could be used to make people immune from _____ torture and brainwashing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the article "Where Were You When Elvis Died", Bangs likens Elvis to ______ because of his secrecy.
2. In his essay on New Year's Eve, Bangs recounts the last ______ that he has experienced.
3. The band known as the Troggs derived their name from the word ______ which means "cavemen".
4. Bangs concludes the essay by suggesting that ______ are making jokes to their listeners that play off all of their darkest fears and fantasies.
5. In his essay about the death of Peter Laughner, Bangs describes his friendship with Peter, who was a rock musician and a ______.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)