|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slaying the Children, Burying the Dead, Signs of Life Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs is using a deception because none of these other Count Five albums existed, and he was comparing himself to a ______ critic.
(a) Rolling Stone.
(c) L.A. Blues.
(d) Astral Weeks.
2. Bangs himself died of drug related causes about _____ years after the essay about Laughner was written.
3. The band known as the Troggs derived their name from the word ______ which means "cavemen".
4. In "Of Pop and Pies and Fun", Bangs defends the band that is known as the _______, in particular front man Iggy Pop.
(a) The Black Crows.
(b) The Stooges.
(c) The Yardbirds.
(d) The Animals.
5. The narrator begins the story by talking about how great the music was in the year ______, particularly the Yardbirds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs suggests that "Metal Machine Music" has curative properties and may be useful in treating ______.
2. Once on tour with The Clash, Bangs gets into a food fight and gets his hair set on fire by _______.
3. After the concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Bangs decides that the other attendees were ______.
4. In his article, Bangs contends that Elvis' main contribution to rock and roll music was his ______.
5. Bangs hears the album ______ at a dinner party and it leads to him and others harassing people at a Masons function.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)