|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slaying the Children, Burying the Dead, Signs of Life Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his essay about the death of Peter Laughner, Bangs describes his friendship with Peter, who was a rock musician and a ______.
2. The narrator begins the story by talking about how great the music was in the year ______, particularly the Yardbirds.
3. In the second section of the essay, Bangs suggests that some bands turned from simplistic rock into arty bands, including all of the following except ______.
(a) Led Zeppelin.
(b) The Mysterians.
(c) The Yardbirds.
(d) Question Mark.
4. Bangs concludes the article suggesting that everyone likes Lou Reed's ______ music.
5. Rock crowds had become convinced that bands were supposed to be objects of ______.
(b) Sexual fantasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs suggests that Reed's latest album was inspired by _______, which Bangs jokes could solve all the worlds problems.
2. The second essay in the book is a review of Van Morrison's second album called _______.
3. The essay "Johnny Ray's Better _______" is a review of a David Bowie concert.
4. Reed tells Bangs that there are ______ that can be used as a weapon and some of them are on his latest album.
5. In "Black _____ Arkansas: Keep the Faith", Bangs admits that he like the band's album when he first heard it.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)