|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slaying the Children, Burying the Dead, Signs of Life Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick Clark tells Bangs that he will be around for a long time precisely because he promotes ______ music.
2. The narrator agonizes over buying Count Five's record _____ because it is mediocre but he eventually comes to love it.
(a) Psychotic Reaction.
(b) Carburetor Dung.
(c) Physical Graffiti.
3. In his essay about the death of Peter Laughner, Bangs describes his friendship with Peter, who was a rock musician and a ______.
4. Bands describes some of his adolescent ______ exploits as a form of tribute to the power of the Troggs' music.
5. Bangs was at first offended by the Guess Who's most famous song "______ Woman" but then realized that their willingness to offend the audience is what made them great.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other critics said of Iggy Pop and the band that the stage show was juvenile and they were musically ______.
2. In his article, Bangs contends that Elvis' main contribution to rock and roll music was his ______.
3. During the interview with Lou Reed, Bangs suggests that _______ imitates Lou Reed.
4. Bangs suggests that once groups reach stardom they begin to treat their fans with ______.
5. Clark believes that the current generation are very ______ despite their claims towards originality.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)