|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slaying the Children, Burying the Dead, Signs of Life Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs suggests that once groups reach stardom they begin to treat their fans with ______.
2. Critic Jon Landau dismisses Bangs for his reviews and for his magazine _______ for giving similar albums positive reviews.
(a) Astral Weeks.
(c) Rolling Stone.
(d) L.A. Blues.
3. Bangs suggests that "Metal Machine Music" has curative properties and may be useful in treating ______.
4. The narrator begins the story by talking about how great the music was in the year ______, particularly the Yardbirds.
5. Reed tells Bangs that there are ______ that can be used as a weapon and some of them are on his latest album.
Short Answer Questions
1. The song _______ is listed on the first half of the Stooges second album which Bangs describes as the better half of the album.
2. In reviewing Barry White's new album, Bangs states that White has found yet another way to sing about _____.
3. In the essay "How to Succeed at _______ Without Really Trying", Bangs claims that he is not still fighting with Lou Reed.
4. The second essay in the book is a review of Van Morrison's second album called _______.
5. Bangs concludes his review of Barry White by comparing White's songs to ______.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)