|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slaying the Children, Burying the Dead, Signs of Life Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator agonizes over buying Count Five's record _____ because it is mediocre but he eventually comes to love it.
(a) Carburetor Dung.
(c) Psychotic Reaction.
(d) Physical Graffiti.
2. Bangs praises the song ______ because he believes it reflects a democratic sexual relationship where the man is concerned with giving the woman an orgasm.
(a) Give it to Me.
(b) I Just Sing.
(c) Wild Thing.
(d) T.V. Eye.
3. Bangs comes to like the song ______, which he first had dismissed as so much noise.
(a) Rolling Stone.
(b) L.A. Blues.
(c) Fun House.
(d) T.V. Eye.
4. Bangs asserts that "the Guess Who is God" in his essay "The Guess Who: Live at the _____".
(b) Madison Square Garden.
5. Bangs argues that in order to make rock and roll good again, musicians have to stop trying to respect ______ styles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs believes that the album "Metal Machine Music" is the ultimate evolution of using _______.
2. Bangs concludes the essay by suggesting that ______ are making jokes to their listeners that play off all of their darkest fears and fantasies.
3. Once on tour with The Clash, Bangs gets into a food fight and gets his hair set on fire by _______.
4. Bangs bemoans the turn popular music took towards _______ and politics in the late '60s, preferring instead the earlier sounds of the decade.
5. ______ is the singer of the Velvet Underground, the band that Bangs suggested was able to use a free style method.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)