|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blowing It Up, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs spends almost half of the review of the album talking about the song ______, which Bangs believes is about a transsexual man.
(a) T.V. Eye.
(b) Velvet Underground.
(c) Astral Weeks.
(d) Madame George.
2. The Yardbirds were a British Band that launched the musical careers of all of the following guitarists except ______.
(a) Neil Young.
(b) Jeff Beck.
(c) Jimmy Page.
(d) Eric Clapton.
3. Bangs describes another band, _____, that was able to step into using a freestyle approach partly due to the fact that barely knew how to play their instruments.
(a) The Stooges.
(b) Question Mark.
(c) The Mysterians.
(d) The Velvet Underground.
4. Bangs describes the fact that Iggy Pop transitioned from an imitation of______ on the last album to a more refined and unique form.
(a) Mick Jagger.
(b) Robert Plant.
(c) Paul McCartney.
(d) Lou Reed.
5. Rock crowds had become convinced that bands were supposed to be objects of ______.
(b) Sexual fantasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs purchases a record by _______ and he says it is so bad that "it gets stars for lousiness".
2. Bangs admires the Troggs for making innocent _____ songs as well as incredibly sexual music.
3. In the second section of the essay, Bangs suggests that some bands turned from simplistic rock into arty bands, including all of the following except ______.
4. ______ is the singer of the Velvet Underground, the band that Bangs suggested was able to use a free style method.
5. In Bangs' review of the Stooges second album, he talks about the "relentlessly driving" _____, which is in the first half of the album.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)