|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blowing It Up, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs suggests that the genre of rock and roll is naturally ______ and thus musical illiteracy is consistent with rock and roll.
2. The old man also tells his grandchildren that _____ was assassinated at a show in 1973 - two years after the article was written.
(a) Jimmy Page
(b) Eric Clapton.
(c) Jimmy Hendrix.
(d) Jeff Beck.
3. Bangs admires the Troggs for making innocent _____ songs as well as incredibly sexual music.
4. Rock crowds had become convinced that bands were supposed to be objects of ______.
(c) Sexual fantasy.
5. Other critics said of Iggy Pop and the band that the stage show was juvenile and they were musically ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The worst examples of bands that treat their fans poorly Bangs refers to as ______, with James Taylor as the lead person in the group.
2. Bangs suggests that _____ is a dangerous thing because it makes people vulnerable to the universal pain of life.
3. Bangs spends almost half of the review of the album talking about the song ______, which Bangs believes is about a transsexual man.
4. Bangs goes on to review the second album that the Stooges put out called _____ . Bangs admits that the first time he heard the album it sounded like nothing but noise.
5. Bangs suggests that once groups reach stardom they begin to treat their fans with ______.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)