|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blowing It Up, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs purchases a record by _______ and he says it is so bad that "it gets stars for lousiness".
(a) The Godz.
(b) The Heroz.
(c) The Starz.
(d) The Legendz.
2. One group that Bangs felt did use a more freestyle approach was ________, but they were among the few.
(a) Led Zeppelin.
(b) Question Mark.
(c) The Velvet Underground.
(d) The Mysterians.
3. The narrator agonizes over buying Count Five's record _____ because it is mediocre but he eventually comes to love it.
(a) Physical Graffiti.
(c) Psychotic Reaction.
(d) Carburetor Dung.
4. The narrator of the story Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung is a ______ year old man explaining rock and roll history to his grandchildren.
5. Bangs argues that in order to make rock and roll good again, musicians have to stop trying to respect ______ styles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The band known as the Troggs derived their name from the word ______ which means "cavemen".
2. Although the essay begins by talking about the _______, the narrator changes the subject to a group called Count Five.
3. Bangs begins the essay "Do the Godz Speak Esperanto" by discussing ______ records which he believes is the most underground record label in the country.
4. The narrator begins the story by talking about how great the music was in the year ______, particularly the Yardbirds.
5. Bands describes some of his adolescent ______ exploits as a form of tribute to the power of the Troggs' music.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)