|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blowing It Up, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Yardbirds were a British Band that launched the musical careers of all of the following guitarists except ______.
(a) Jeff Beck.
(b) Jimmy Page.
(c) Neil Young.
(d) Eric Clapton.
2. Bangs suggests that the song called ______ by the Troggs is about a countdown towards sexual penetration.
(a) I Just Sing.
(b) Wild Thing.
3. Critic Jon Landau dismisses Bangs for his reviews and for his magazine _______ for giving similar albums positive reviews.
(a) L.A. Blues.
(c) Rolling Stone.
(d) Astral Weeks.
4. Bangs suggests that _____ is a dangerous thing because it makes people vulnerable to the universal pain of life.
5. The band known as the Troggs derived their name from the word ______ which means "cavemen".
Short Answer Questions
1. Bands describes some of his adolescent ______ exploits as a form of tribute to the power of the Troggs' music.
2. Bangs felt that the Baby Boomer generation was ______, believing their every act was of great importance.
3. Bangs also claims that the Troggs got their name from a group of ______ youth who were living in caves at the time of the band's formation.
4. Bangs describes the fact that Iggy Pop transitioned from an imitation of______ on the last album to a more refined and unique form.
5. The narrator agonizes over buying Count Five's record _____ because it is mediocre but he eventually comes to love it.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)