|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blowing It Up, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Of Pop and Pies and Fun", Bangs defends the band that is known as the _______, in particular front man Iggy Pop.
(a) The Yardbirds.
(b) The Black Crows.
(c) The Stooges.
(d) The Animals.
2. Bangs praises the song ______ because he believes it reflects a democratic sexual relationship where the man is concerned with giving the woman an orgasm.
(a) Wild Thing.
(b) I Just Sing.
(c) Give it to Me.
(d) T.V. Eye.
3. The narrator of the story Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung is a ______ year old man explaining rock and roll history to his grandchildren.
4. Bangs claims that Count Five released a total of ______ albums and goes on to explain the merits of each.
5. ______ is the singer of the Velvet Underground, the band that Bangs suggested was able to use a free style method.
(a) Mick Jagger.
(b) Bob Dylan.
(c) Iggy Pop.
(d) Lou Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator agonizes over buying Count Five's record _____ because it is mediocre but he eventually comes to love it.
2. Bangs argues that _____ 's antics helped to break down the wall between the musician and the listener.
3. Bangs also claims that the Troggs got their name from a group of ______ youth who were living in caves at the time of the band's formation.
4. The essay "James Taylor Marked for Death" begins with a discussion about the British band called ______.
5. Bangs felt that the Baby Boomer generation was ______, believing their every act was of great importance.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)