|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blowing It Up, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs feels that Morrison has a unique talent to take a simple phrase and repeat it until it becomes something ______.
2. Bangs spends almost half of the review of the album talking about the song ______, which Bangs believes is about a transsexual man.
(a) Velvet Underground.
(b) Madame George.
(c) T.V. Eye.
(d) Astral Weeks.
3. Bangs describes the fact that Iggy Pop transitioned from an imitation of______ on the last album to a more refined and unique form.
(a) Paul McCartney.
(b) Lou Reed.
(c) Robert Plant.
(d) Mick Jagger.
4. Bangs praises the song ______ because he believes it reflects a democratic sexual relationship where the man is concerned with giving the woman an orgasm.
(a) Give it to Me.
(b) T.V. Eye.
(c) I Just Sing.
(d) Wild Thing.
5. The second essay in the book is a review of Van Morrison's second album called _______.
(a) Madame George.
(b) Astral Weeks.
(c) Velvet Underground.
(d) T.V. Eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs bemoans the turn popular music took towards _______ and politics in the late '60s, preferring instead the earlier sounds of the decade.
2. In Bangs' review of the Stooges second album, he talks about the "relentlessly driving" _____, which is in the first half of the album.
3. Other critics said of Iggy Pop and the band that the stage show was juvenile and they were musically ______.
4. Critic Jon Landau dismisses Bangs for his reviews and for his magazine _______ for giving similar albums positive reviews.
5. Bands describes some of his adolescent ______ exploits as a form of tribute to the power of the Troggs' music.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)