|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Unpublishable Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs then reviews James Taylor's album called "_____ Man Dog" and surprisingly defends the album.
2. Bangs describes an incident in ______ during a Stooges concert where Iggy Pop was beaten up by a biker.
(a) New York.
3. Bangs shows his distaste for Bowie's concert by comparing it to a ______ show with black people for props.
(b) New York.
4. The opening acts for David Bowie's concert included such names as Ava Cherrt and _______.
(a) Luther Vandross.
(b) Art Tatum.
(c) Stevie Wonder.
(d) Herbie Hancock.
5. Bangs states in "All My Friends are Hermits" that he wants to have sex with this woman surrounded by ______.
(c) The jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs describes another band, _____, that was able to step into using a freestyle approach partly due to the fact that barely knew how to play their instruments.
2. Bangs purchases a record by _______ and he says it is so bad that "it gets stars for lousiness".
3. Bangs had written earlier about the Troggs and suggested that they were a ______ band.
4. Bangs concludes the essay by suggesting that ______ are making jokes to their listeners that play off all of their darkest fears and fantasies.
5. The narrator of the story Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung is a ______ year old man explaining rock and roll history to his grandchildren.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)