|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Unpublishable Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his essay about the death of Peter Laughner, Bangs describes his friendship with Peter, who was a rock musician and a ______.
2. Bangs reviewed the group Sham 69, a British punk band whose fans were known to be ______.
3. Lester Bangs compares listening to amazing albums like those produced by Count Five as being similar to a first ______.
(a) Bike ride.
(c) Time using drugs.
4. Bangs suggests that once groups reach stardom they begin to treat their fans with ______.
5. Dick Clark tells Bangs that he will be around for a long time precisely because he promotes ______ music.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the essay "Let Us Now Praise Famous Death Dwarves", Bangs lists ways that ______ is unique, including the fact that he is willing to interview with Bangs again.
2. Bangs describes a fantasy about eating ______ out of Elvis Presley's dead body, or part of the body to become Elvis himself.
3. Bangs asserts that the live music sounds similar to the studio music except there are long and pointless ______.
4. In one of the fragments, Bangs writes to convince himself that he is not yet old at the age of _______.
5. The narrator agonizes over buying Count Five's record _____ because it is mediocre but he eventually comes to love it.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)