|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Unpublishable Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Critic Jon Landau dismisses Bangs for his reviews and for his magazine _______ for giving similar albums positive reviews.
(a) Astral Weeks.
(b) L.A. Blues.
(c) Rolling Stone.
2. Rock crowds had become convinced that bands were supposed to be objects of ______.
(c) Sexual fantasy.
3. During the interview with Lou Reed, Bangs suggests that _______ imitates Lou Reed.
(a) David Bowie.
(b) Iggy Pop.
(d) Luther Vandross.
4. In the essay "Screwing the System With Dick Clark", Bangs describes his meeting with Dick Clark, host of _______.
(a) American Groovestand.
(b) Dick Van Dyke Show.
(c) The Tonight Show.
(d) American Bandstand.
5. Lester Bangs refers to Count Five's album ______ as being their grungiest, and describes the reaction of other critics.
(a) Physical Graffiti.
(b) Carburetor Dung.
(c) Psychotic Reaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bangs felt that the Baby Boomer generation was ______, believing their every act was of great importance.
2. At the conclusion of the interview, Bangs decides that he has changed his opinion of Reed and that he is a _______.
3. Bangs suggests that once groups reach stardom they begin to treat their fans with ______.
4. In his essay on New Year's Eve, Bangs recounts the last ______ that he has experienced.
5. Bangs tells Reed during their interview that "Metal Machine Music" is authentic and calls it a _______ career move.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)