|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slaying the Children, Burying the Dead, Signs of Life Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bangs rejects the idea that punk is _____ because some bands used symbols like swastikas. He felt that it was mainly for shock value.
2. In his essay, Bangs accuses Seger of ______ because his music is not much different than others.
(c) Selling out.
3. Bangs suggests that the song ______ forced listeners to go out and live life instead of just being passive.
(a) Give it to me.
(b) Wild Thing.
(c) T.V. Eye.
(d) I Just Sing.
4. Bangs shows his distaste for Bowie's concert by comparing it to a ______ show with black people for props.
(d) New York.
5. Dick Clark tells Bangs that he will be around for a long time precisely because he promotes ______ music.
Short Answer Questions
1. The worst examples of bands that treat their fans poorly Bangs refers to as ______, with James Taylor as the lead person in the group.
2. Bangs recounted an incident in which he referred to a band as _______ in front of a black couple.
3. Bangs admires the Troggs for making innocent _____ songs as well as incredibly sexual music.
4. According to Hell, the ability of a person to remake himself is the message of the song ______.
5. Ivan Julian, the rhythm guitar player for the _______ is one of the few black musicians in the punk scene.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)