|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's mother attribute her recent changes to?
2. Which actress does Elizabeth say she wants to be like?
3. Where does Elizabeth go after Ruby catches her?
4. Where do Elizabeth and her mother move to?
5. Which one of these drugs is not part of Elizabeth's usual cocktail to fight depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth finally become resigned to?
2. Why does Elizabeth say that she never had to worry about a crash landing?
3. How does Elizabeth feel while describing her family situation to therapists in relation to her depression?
4. Why does Elizabeth think that how her mother treated her was the perfect solution?
5. Why does Zachary break up with Elizabeth?
6. At the beginning of the party, what happens to Elizabeth's cat?
7. What does Elizabeth do instead of go to school each morning?
8. Why does Elizabeth wish she had a real ailment or drug addiction instead of depression?
9. Why do Elizabeth and Jethro decide to take some cocaine?
10. Why does Elizabeth want Sam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Elizabeth after the Prozac kicks in. What are her moods like? What is so conscious of all the time?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe Wurtzel's parents' divorce played a role in her depression? Do you think she would have been depressed if they had stayed together? Did their treatment of each other affect her and consequently her depression during her adolescent years? How so? Use specific examples to demonstrate how you believe the divorce did or did not affect her mental health.
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth and her mother have a conversation after Elizabeth returns home to take care of her mother after she is attacked. What is the conversation about and what do you think its impact is for Elizabeth?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)