|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fairy tale does her new apartment remind Elizabeth of?
(a) Red Riding Hood.
(b) The Princess and the Pea.
(c) The Ugly Duckling.
(d) Snow White.
2. Who calls who?
(a) Rafe calls Elizabeth.
(b) Elizabeth's friend Ruby calls Rafe to convince him to call Elizabeth.
(c) Elizabeth calls Rafe.
(d) Their mutual friend Jim calls Elizabeth on behalf of Rafe
3. According to Elizabeth, her roommate Samantha is a certain kind of "fucked up" -- what is her ailment?
(a) She cares too much about fashion.
(b) She only dates rich men.
(c) She cries all the time.
(d) She is a Woman with a Purpose.
4. What are Elizabeth's main symptoms in Stillman?
(a) Depression and alcoholism.
(b) Suicidal thoughts and hallucinations.
(c) Drug and alcohol addiction.
(d) Anxiety and agitation.
5. Which drug does Dr. Sterling give her for her anxiety while at Stillman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rafe plan to return after his graduation?
2. Where does Elizabeth travel to straight after breaking up with her boyfriend?
3. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
4. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
5. What does Elizabeth really want her friends to bring her while at Stillman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Elizabeth's first conversation with Rafe on the phone. Why does she say she's calling him? Why do they continue talking?
2. Why is Archer the perfect person for Elizabeth to visit after a breakup?
3. Why does Dr. Sterling give Elizabeth Xanax instead of an antidepressant, which she believes is more appropriate for her issues?
4. Why is Elizabeth's mother disappointed in her when she comes to visit her in Dallas?
5. Why does Elizabeth say she carries a lot of stuff with her at all times?
6. What does Elizabeth's Space, Time and Motion class become symbolic of?
7. What does Elizabeth's mom tell her that makes her disease become a reality to her?
8. How does Elizabeth react to her miscarriage afterwards?
9. Elizabeth starts to cry continuously with Rafe. While talking with Dr. Sterling, what do they decide the reason for this is?
10. Elizabeth is finally diagnosed with atypical depression. Describe what this disease is.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)