|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these are not a worry Elizabeth faces with Dr. Sterling?
(a) That she shares her stories with her husband each night.
(b) That she is being ignored.
(c) That her abstaining from self-destruction has made her boring
(d) That she isn't entertaining enough.
2. Which of these is NOT a way that Elizabeth cracked up while in Dallas?
(a) She walks into work at three in the afternoon.
(b) She returns personal phone calls while at work all day.
(c) She regularly has drug overdoses.
(d) She is tearing through a number of new boyfriends each week.
3. What has clearly been a failure for Dr. Sterling?
(a) Permitting her to go to London.
(b) Not institutionalizing Elizabeth.
(c) All of her treatment ideas with Elizabeth.
(d) The Mellaril experiment.
4. What concert does Elizabeth miss because she suddenly feels sick?
(a) Butthole Surfers.
(c) Grateful Dead.
(d) Pink Floyd.
5. Who does she call, telling him/her that she is going straight to his/her apartment and needs a decent dinner because she cannot take care of herself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
2. "Everything I touch, I ruin. I'm ______________."
3. Which fairy tale does her new apartment remind Elizabeth of?
4. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
5. What famous band does Elizabeth interview while in Deep Ellum.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's mom tell her that makes her disease become a reality to her?
2. How do the doctors react when Elizabeth is brought into the hospital covered in blood?
3. Why does Dr. Sterling give Elizabeth Xanax instead of an antidepressant, which she believes is more appropriate for her issues?
4. Elizabeth starts to cry continuously with Rafe. While talking with Dr. Sterling, what do they decide the reason for this is?
5. What does Dr. Sterling think that Elizabeth must continue to do while at Stillman Infirmary?
6. What about the Dallas music industry surprises Elizabeth when she arrives?
7. Describe Elizabeth's first conversation with Rafe on the phone. Why does she say she's calling him? Why do they continue talking?
8. Elizabeth says there are two types of dysfunctional families. What are they?
9. Why does Dr. Sterling give Elizabeth Mellaril, the antipsychotic known to help schizophrenics?
10. What does Barnaby expect because he shows her around town and picks her up from the airport?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)