|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has clearly been a failure for Dr. Sterling?
(a) Permitting her to go to London.
(b) Not institutionalizing Elizabeth.
(c) All of her treatment ideas with Elizabeth.
(d) The Mellaril experiment.
2. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
(a) Work as a writer for Rolling Stone.
(b) Work a summer job as an arts reporter for the Dallas Morning News.
(c) Write a novel about her mental health problems.
(d) Find local bands for a recording agency.
3. What does Barnaby offer Elizabeth when she arrives?
(a) Orange juice.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A hit of acid.
(d) A Pepsi.
4. "And the thing about my mom is that she's totally nuts, but she's very _________."
5. Where does Elizabeth travel to straight after breaking up with her boyfriend?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes before Elizabeth and Rafe talk again?
2. Archer is so flawlessly handsome that he actually seems ______________.
3. Who does Elizabeth date after Rafe?
4. Which character does Elizabeth envy sexually?
5. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sterling think that Elizabeth must continue to do while at Stillman Infirmary?
2. How does Elizabeth react to her miscarriage afterwards?
3. Elizabeth cries over a movie when she is younger. What is the movie? Why does she cry after this movie? What is her mother's reaction? Is her mother's interpretation correct? Why or why not?
4. What does Elizabeth believe one of the terrible fallacies of contemporary psychotherapy is?
5. Describe the apartment that Elizabeth moves into after her stay in Dallas.
6. What does Elizabeth find ironic about her decision to find a new psychologist?
7. How do the doctors react when Elizabeth is brought into the hospital covered in blood?
8. How do Manuel and Elizabeth finally get together?
9. Why does Dr. Sterling give Elizabeth Xanax instead of an antidepressant, which she believes is more appropriate for her issues?
10. Elizabeth is finally diagnosed with atypical depression. Describe what this disease is.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)