|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rafe she needs to go while in London?
(a) To the Louvre.
(b) To the Continent.
(c) To Big Ben.
(d) To Paris for a month.
2. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
(d) Atypical depression.
3. Who is Rhoda Koenig?
(a) Elizabeth's new boss.
(b) Manuel's ex-girlfriend.
(c) A book critic for the New York magazine.
(d) Elizabeth's flatmate after Manuel.
4. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
(a) Weight gain.
(c) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) Blurred vision.
5. "And the thing about my mom is that she's totally nuts, but she's very _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these things does Elizabeth NOT swear off while in Cambridge?
2. How much time passes before Elizabeth and Rafe talk again?
3. What were the only good thing about Sundays for Elizabeth when she lived on campus?
4. Who does Elizabeth say is a mannequin with a few human functions?
5. Elizabeth says she comes from a family of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's mother think Elizabeth should do to get better? What does Dr. Sterling suggest instead and why?
2. What about the Dallas music industry surprises Elizabeth when she arrives?
3. Why is Elizabeth's mother disappointed in her when she comes to visit her in Dallas?
4. What does Elizabeth find ironic about her decision to find a new psychologist?
5. Why does Dr. Sterling give Elizabeth Mellaril, the antipsychotic known to help schizophrenics?
6. What happens as soon as Elizabeth lands in Gatwick?
7. How does Elizabeth react to her miscarriage afterwards?
8. Describe Elizabeth's first conversation with Rafe on the phone. Why does she say she's calling him? Why do they continue talking?
9. Elizabeth starts to cry continuously with Rafe. While talking with Dr. Sterling, what do they decide the reason for this is?
10. What does Dr. Sterling think that Elizabeth must continue to do while at Stillman Infirmary?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)