|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's mom say she wants to do when she finds the pills in the drawer?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Make her take a pregnancy test.
(c) Put her in a mental hospital.
(d) Throw Elizabeth out.
2. How does Elizabeth react to her mother's outrage?
(a) She hangs up on her.
(b) She packs her bags to go on a cross-country road trip.
(c) She wonders who died and left her in charge.
(d) She calls her father and says she's living with him for awhile.
3. When Elizabeth is on the floor of the bathroom, what illegal drug is she currently on?
4. What designer makes the dress that Elizabeth purchases to fit in?
(a) Betsey Johnson.
(c) Giorgio Armani.
(d) Ralph Lauren.
5. Elizabeth's dad disappears at the end of her _______ year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Elizabeth while she is at her aunt's house?
2. Who or what starts to give Elizabeth her first feelings of pleasure in a long time?
3. What does Elizabeth's mom find when she puts a ruler away that she's found?
4. Which college did Elizabeth's mother attend?
5. How does Elizabeth's mother see Oliver North?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth want Sam?
2. What does Elizabeth consider her father's first and last act of paternal authority?
3. What makes Dr. Saltenstahl different from many of Elizabeth's other psychologists?
4. Why does Elizabeth wish she had a real ailment or drug addiction instead of depression?
5. What is Graves' disease?
6. Describe the guys that Elizabeth and her friends take up with?
7. Why does Zachary break up with Elizabeth?
8. How does Elizabeth compensate for her parents' constant arguing?
9. What does Elizabeth dream after her father disappears?
10. How does Elizabeth feel while describing her family situation to therapists in relation to her depression?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)