|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's mom say she wants to do when she finds the pills in the drawer?
(a) Make her take a pregnancy test.
(b) Put her in a mental hospital.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Throw Elizabeth out.
2. How does Mr. Grubman, the strange science teacher, dress?
(a) Like a beatnik.
(b) Like a superhero.
(c) Like a hobo.
(d) Like a prepster.
3. How does Elizabeth's mother treat her?
(a) Like a normal kid.
(b) Like a deranged lunatic.
(c) Like a drug addict.
(d) Like she's not even there.
4. Where do Elizabeth and her mother cruise to after she and her boyfriend break up?
(a) The Caribbean.
(c) The Mediterranean.
5. What floor does Elizabeth live on in her Harvard dorm room?
(a) The fifth floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The tenth floor.
(d) The sixth floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book does Elizabeth call a "trippy epic full of Sirens and Lotus-Eaters"?
2. How does Elizabeth describe her depression?
3. Where does Elizabeth cut herself during lunch?
4. What is the name of Elizabeth's new boyfriend after her father leaves?
5. Which one of these things is not one of the things that drives someone to depression, according to Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth consider her father's first and last act of paternal authority?
2. Describe the mood of Elizabeth and her mother on their way to Harvard.
3. How does Elizabeth feel while describing her family situation to therapists in relation to her depression?
4. Why do Elizabeth and Jethro decide to take some cocaine?
5. How does physical contact with Abel make Elizabeth feel?
6. Why does Elizabeth start to cut herself?
7. Describe the guys that Elizabeth and her friends take up with?
8. How does Elizabeth compensate for her parents' constant arguing?
9. What does Elizabeth finally become resigned to?
10. What are some of the things that Elizabeth and her father do together before he leaves?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)