|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Elizabeth's cousin who she will later learn has the same kind of mental illness?
2. What is Elizabeth convinced she will have because of taking Prozac?
(a) A lowered sex drive.
(b) Heightened sensations.
(c) Inoperable brain cancer.
3. Where do Elizabeth and her mother cruise to after she and her boyfriend break up?
(b) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Caribbean.
4. On what holiday does Elizabeth gets chased by her current best friend?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Day of the Dead.
(c) New Year's Day.
5. What does Elizabeth not plan to do after she finds more coke?
(a) Find a copy of Gray's Anatomy and memorize it.
(b) Call a number of people once she gets the nerve.
(c) Write her memoir about tonight's events.
(d) Write an epic Marxist-feminist essay on the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which actress does Elizabeth say she wants to be like?
2. Why does Elizabeth have to leave the party in the beginning?
3. What does Elizabeth's mother attribute her recent changes to?
4. What did Elizabeth's mother go to Cornell to become?
5. What quote does Elizabeth use to describe how depression hits her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth finally become resigned to?
2. Why does Elizabeth want Sam?
3. What does Elizabeth do instead of go to school each morning?
4. Why do Elizabeth and Jethro decide to take some cocaine?
5. What prompts Elizabeth to call her father in the first place?
6. How does Elizabeth feel while describing her family situation to therapists in relation to her depression?
7. Why does Elizabeth love taking Ecstasy?
8. How does Elizabeth end up on the bathroom floor covered in black chiffon sobbing?
9. What does Elizabeth dream after her father disappears?
10. What is the Catch-22-like situation that Elizabeth finds herself in?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)