|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's mom find when she puts a ruler away that she's found?
(b) Bottles of alcohol.
(c) Illegal drugs.
(d) Ortho-Novum birth control pills.
2. Who or what starts to give Elizabeth her first feelings of pleasure in a long time?
(a) Abel, her friend's older brother.
(b) The ride on the subway train in the middle of the night.
(c) Bruce Springsteen.
(d) The cocktail of drugs she's taking.
3. Which of these is NOT a way that Elizabeth imagines dying?
(a) Go overboard like Natalie Wood.
(b) Drown deliberately like Virginia Woolf.
(c) Like Sylvia Plath with her head in the oven.
(d) In a swimming pool like the opening shot of Sunset Boulevard.
4. Which one of these family members did not have problems with their mental health?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. How does Elizabeth feel about going to see Dr. Isaac twice a week?
(a) She hates and resents it.
(b) She likes it fine.
(c) She sneaks out and goes somewhere else instead.
(d) She doesn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elizabeth and her mother cruise to after she and her boyfriend break up?
2. What did Elizabeth's mother go to Cornell to become?
3. Where does Elizabeth cut herself during lunch?
4. Where does Elizabeth get mugged?
5. What makes Elizabeth's move to Harvard ominous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zachary break up with Elizabeth?
2. Why do Elizabeth and Jethro decide to take some cocaine?
3. Why does Elizabeth want Sam?
4. What is Graves' disease?
5. How does Elizabeth end up on the bathroom floor covered in black chiffon sobbing?
6. Why does Elizabeth think that how her mother treated her was the perfect solution?
7. What does Elizabeth finally become resigned to?
8. How does Elizabeth feel while describing her family situation to therapists in relation to her depression?
9. What prompts Elizabeth to call her father in the first place?
10. How does physical contact with Abel make Elizabeth feel?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)