|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
2. How does Elizabeth chose her doctor since she cannot have Dr. Saltenstahl?
(a) She gets a consultation with a number of practitioners.
(b) Her mother has found a specialist for her.
(c) Dr. Saltenstahl recommends her.
(d) She is set up specifically for Harvard students only.
3. What does Elizabeth NOT compare madness to?
(a) A whirlpool in the Pacific.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) the fiery hot tempers of Latin America.
(d) Tennessee Williams.
4. How does Elizabeth describe Rafe's mother?
(a) A screaming angry woman.
(b) An incredibly beautiful woman.
(c) A natural caretaker.
(d) A high-maintenance hysteric.
5. What is the name of Samantha's ex-boyfriend?
6. What has clearly been a failure for Dr. Sterling?
(a) The Mellaril experiment.
(b) Permitting her to go to London.
(c) Not institutionalizing Elizabeth.
(d) All of her treatment ideas with Elizabeth.
7. Where is she dropped off after the break up?
(a) A rental car agency.
(b) The bus station.
(c) Their mutual friend Jim's apartment.
(d) The airport.
8. What do her friends suggest she read instead in order to be happy to be alive?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson's Self-Reliance.
(b) Herman Melville's Moby Dick.
(c) Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass.
(d) Henry David Thoreau's Walden.
9. What does Elizabeth say madness is really like?
(a) Gorgeous, celebral craziness.
(b) Pure dullness, tedium straight up.
(c) A long road to nowhere in particular.
(d) A wild roller coaster with no end in sight.
10. Who calls who?
(a) Elizabeth calls Rafe.
(b) Rafe calls Elizabeth.
(c) Elizabeth's friend Ruby calls Rafe to convince him to call Elizabeth.
(d) Their mutual friend Jim calls Elizabeth on behalf of Rafe
11. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
(a) F. Scott will always recognize his Zelda.
(b) Sid will always find Nancy.
(c) Samson will always fall for Delilah.
(d) Clyde will always find his Bonnie.
12. Elizabeth believes that Rafe relishes being her personal __________.
13. What happens to Elizabeth's mother?
(a) She loses her job.
(b) She is robbed.
(c) She's in a bad car accident.
(d) She has a drug overdose.
14. "Instead of being Depressed Girl, I'm _______ Girl."
15. What does Elizabeth refuse to do now?
(a) Get better.
(b) Take any more of her drugs.
(c) Go to class.
(d) Talk with anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which drug does Dr. Sterling put Elizabeth on next due to her mental state?
2. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
3. Who is Debi Thomas?
4. Who is Rhoda Koenig?
5. "And the thing about my mom is that she's totally nuts, but she's very _________."
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)