|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth meet when she arrives in London?
(a) Barnaby Spring, a recent Harvard graduate.
(b) Samantha, her roommate in Harvard.
(c) Her cousin Pamela.
2. Who does Dr. Sterling contact with Elizabeth's permission?
(a) Pamela, her cousin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her first psychologist.
3. Who does Elizabeth say is a mannequin with a few human functions?
(c) Dr. Sterling.
(d) Her father.
4. Archer is so flawlessly handsome that he actually seems ______________.
5. Who does Elizabeth date after Rafe?
(d) No one.
6. Which drug does Dr. Sterling put Elizabeth on next due to her mental state?
7. What does Dr. Sterling talk about with Elizabeth's father?
(b) Better parenting skills.
(c) Elizabeth's depression.
8. How does Elizabeth describe her life in Cambridge?
(a) Too exciting for her to tackle her depression.
(b) Boring and dull.
(c) A hospital stay in a new country.
(d) Calm and uneventful.
9. What do her friends suggest she read instead in order to be happy to be alive?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson's Self-Reliance.
(b) Henry David Thoreau's Walden.
(c) Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass.
(d) Herman Melville's Moby Dick.
10. Where is she dropped off after the break up?
(a) A rental car agency.
(b) Their mutual friend Jim's apartment.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The airport.
11. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
(a) Write a novel about her mental health problems.
(b) Work as a writer for Rolling Stone.
(c) Work a summer job as an arts reporter for the Dallas Morning News.
(d) Find local bands for a recording agency.
12. What has clearly been a failure for Dr. Sterling?
(a) Permitting her to go to London.
(b) All of her treatment ideas with Elizabeth.
(c) Not institutionalizing Elizabeth.
(d) The Mellaril experiment.
13. Which television show wants her to come on as a guest?
(b) Phil Donahue.
(c) Jerry Springer.
(d) Sally Jesse Raphael.
14. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
(b) Atypical depression.
15. According to Elizabeth, her roommate Samantha is a certain kind of "fucked up" -- what is her ailment?
(a) She only dates rich men.
(b) She is a Woman with a Purpose.
(c) She cries all the time.
(d) She cares too much about fashion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the world simultaneously when Elizabeth wakes up in blood?
2. Which one of these things does Elizabeth NOT swear off while in Cambridge?
3. What other movie does Elizabeth cry at continuously when she is younger?
4. Which one of these are not a worry Elizabeth faces with Dr. Sterling?
5. What is the name of the next new pill that Elizabeth must try?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)