|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Elizabeth's mother?
(a) She has a drug overdose.
(b) She's in a bad car accident.
(c) She loses her job.
(d) She is robbed.
2. Who does Dr. Sterling contact with Elizabeth's permission?
(a) Her first psychologist.
(b) Her father.
(d) Pamela, her cousin.
3. "Drinking in _______ was a lot more fun than it had ever been anywhere else, although I couldn't say why."
(b) The office.
(c) My boyfriend's house.
(d) Texas bars.
4. Who does Elizabeth say is a mannequin with a few human functions?
(a) Dr. Sterling.
(c) Her father.
5. What makes him very different from Rafe?
(a) He is at her house all the time.
(b) He hates her depressive episodes.
(c) He is obsessed with her.
(d) He is an orphan.
6. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
(a) Samson will always fall for Delilah.
(b) Sid will always find Nancy.
(c) Clyde will always find his Bonnie.
(d) F. Scott will always recognize his Zelda.
7. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
(b) Weight gain.
(c) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) Blurred vision.
8. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
9. To whom does Elizabeth lose her virginity?
(a) A recent Yale graduate she met at the Rolling Stone College Journalism Award luncheon.
(b) The drummer from the Butthole Surfers.
(c) Noah, her friend from Harvard with whom she often takes Ectasy.
(d) A young, good-looking guy she spent hours talking to one night -- but never got his name.
10. What does Elizabeth really want her friends to bring her while at Stillman?
(a) The daily newspaper.
(b) A bottle of liquor.
(c) A new journal.
(d) Cosmopolitan magazine.
11. What is Elizabeth biggest problem with Prozac initially?
(a) She is a guinea pig and no one knows what will happen.
(b) She hates all of the side effects like weight gain.
(c) It takes time to kick in.
(d) She has to take so many at a time.
12. Which one of these things does Elizabeth NOT swear off while in Cambridge?
(b) Bad influences.
13. Archer is so flawlessly handsome that he actually seems ______________.
14. What does Elizabeth think stops her from being perfectly happy in Dallas?
(a) The lack of a counterculture.
(b) The silicone brothers and sisters everywhere.
(c) Not having a car.
(d) Being so far away from her mother.
15. How does Elizabeth describe Rafe's mother?
(a) A high-maintenance hysteric.
(b) An incredibly beautiful woman.
(c) A natural caretaker.
(d) A screaming angry woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
2. What does Stone suggest is happening to her?
3. What famous band does Elizabeth interview while in Deep Ellum.
4. What year does Elizabeth move to Texas?
5. What does Elizabeth immediately think when she wakes up in blood.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)