|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes him very different from Rafe?
(a) He hates her depressive episodes.
(b) He is at her house all the time.
(c) He is an orphan.
(d) He is obsessed with her.
2. How does Elizabeth get food poisoning?
(a) Fried fish sandwich at the Tate Gallery.
(b) The clam sandwich at the Tate Gallery.
(c) Quiche at the Tate Gallery.
(d) Raw oysters at the Tate Gallery.
3. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
(a) Samson will always fall for Delilah.
(b) Clyde will always find his Bonnie.
(c) Sid will always find Nancy.
(d) F. Scott will always recognize his Zelda.
4. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
(a) The Jeffersons.
(b) Green Acres.
(c) Mr. Ed.
(d) Mary Tyler Moore.
5. What is Elizabeth studying at Harvard?
(b) Creative Writing.
(d) Comparative Literature.
6. Who does Elizabeth date after Rafe?
(c) No one.
7. Who calls who?
(a) Their mutual friend Jim calls Elizabeth on behalf of Rafe
(b) Rafe calls Elizabeth.
(c) Elizabeth's friend Ruby calls Rafe to convince him to call Elizabeth.
(d) Elizabeth calls Rafe.
8. What job does Elizabeth take at night while in Harvard?
(a) Playing DJ to a local small club.
(b) Working job security two nights a week.
(c) Writing music reviews for the Harvard newspaper.
(d) Waiting tables two nights a week.
9. What does Elizabeth really want her friends to bring her while at Stillman?
(a) The daily newspaper.
(b) A bottle of liquor.
(c) A new journal.
(d) Cosmopolitan magazine.
10. What book is Elizabeth reading when she is in the infirmary?
(a) Margaret Atwood's Surfacing.
(b) Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar.
(c) Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man and The Sea.
(d) Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own.
11. What other movie does Elizabeth cry at continuously when she is younger?
(b) On Golden Pond.
(c) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
(d) The Natural.
12. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
(a) Weight gain.
(c) Blurred vision.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
13. Who wrote "Love is not a victory march / It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah."
(a) Bruce Springsteen.
(b) Edith Wharton.
(c) Leonard Cohen.
(d) Elizabeth Wurtzel.
14. "Everything I touch, I ruin. I'm ______________."
(b) A walking disaster.
(c) The queen of ruining everything I know.
(d) Midas in reverse.
15. "Instead of being Depressed Girl, I'm _______ Girl."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way Elizabeth sleeps after leaving Rafe each weekend?
2. What does Elizabeth think stops her from being perfectly happy in Dallas?
3. What do her friends suggest she read instead in order to be happy to be alive?
4. Which of these is NOT a book that Elizabeth is taking with her?
5. Who is Rhoda Koenig?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)