|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a way that Elizabeth cracked up while in Dallas?
(a) She is tearing through a number of new boyfriends each week.
(b) She regularly has drug overdoses.
(c) She returns personal phone calls while at work all day.
(d) She walks into work at three in the afternoon.
2. What is Elizabeth studying at Harvard?
(a) Creative Writing.
(c) Comparative Literature.
3. "And the thing about my mom is that she's totally nuts, but she's very _________."
4. What other movie does Elizabeth cry at continuously when she is younger?
(a) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
(b) On Golden Pond.
(c) The Natural.
5. Elizabeth says she comes from a family of:
6. What is Elizabeth biggest problem with Prozac initially?
(a) She has to take so many at a time.
(b) She is a guinea pig and no one knows what will happen.
(c) She hates all of the side effects like weight gain.
(d) It takes time to kick in.
7. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
(a) Mary Tyler Moore.
(b) The Jeffersons.
(c) Mr. Ed.
(d) Green Acres.
8. Where is she dropped off after the break up?
(a) The airport.
(b) Their mutual friend Jim's apartment.
(c) The bus station.
(d) A rental car agency.
9. "Everything I touch, I ruin. I'm ______________."
(b) The queen of ruining everything I know.
(c) Midas in reverse.
(d) A walking disaster.
10. How much time passes before Elizabeth and Rafe talk again?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
11. Why does Elizabeth agree to go to Stillman again?
(a) Dr. Sterling has ordered it.
(b) She has a crush on a guy there.
(c) She's too tired to do anything else.
(d) She thinks it's the only place that makes her happy.
12. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
(c) Atypical depression.
13. Which section of London does Manuel live?
14. Who does she call, telling him/her that she is going straight to his/her apartment and needs a decent dinner because she cannot take care of herself?
15. Who calls who?
(a) Elizabeth calls Rafe.
(b) Their mutual friend Jim calls Elizabeth on behalf of Rafe
(c) Rafe calls Elizabeth.
(d) Elizabeth's friend Ruby calls Rafe to convince him to call Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Elizabeth's mother give her as she is leaving?
2. Who wrote "Love is not a victory march / It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah."
3. Who is Debi Thomas?
4. What does Elizabeth NOT compare madness to?
5. Which television show wants her to come on as a guest?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)