|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rafe's profession?
(a) He is a student.
(b) He is a playwright.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a writer.
2. How does Elizabeth get food poisoning?
(a) Quiche at the Tate Gallery.
(b) Raw oysters at the Tate Gallery.
(c) Fried fish sandwich at the Tate Gallery.
(d) The clam sandwich at the Tate Gallery.
3. What is Elizabeth biggest problem with Prozac initially?
(a) She has to take so many at a time.
(b) She is a guinea pig and no one knows what will happen.
(c) It takes time to kick in.
(d) She hates all of the side effects like weight gain.
4. Which one of these are not a worry Elizabeth faces with Dr. Sterling?
(a) That she isn't entertaining enough.
(b) That she shares her stories with her husband each night.
(c) That she is being ignored.
(d) That her abstaining from self-destruction has made her boring
5. What happens in the world simultaneously when Elizabeth wakes up in blood?
(a) The World Trade Center is bombed.
(b) Iranian hostages hijack an American plane.
(c) The stock market crashes 508 points.
(d) Kurt Cobain from Nirvana kills himself.
6. Which of these is NOT a way that Elizabeth cracked up while in Dallas?
(a) She returns personal phone calls while at work all day.
(b) She is tearing through a number of new boyfriends each week.
(c) She walks into work at three in the afternoon.
(d) She regularly has drug overdoses.
7. Who does she call, telling him/her that she is going straight to his/her apartment and needs a decent dinner because she cannot take care of herself?
8. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
(a) Work a summer job as an arts reporter for the Dallas Morning News.
(b) Write a novel about her mental health problems.
(c) Work as a writer for Rolling Stone.
(d) Find local bands for a recording agency.
9. People taking MAOIs cannot eat which of the following foods?
10. Which television show wants her to come on as a guest?
(a) Sally Jesse Raphael.
(b) Phil Donahue.
(c) Jerry Springer.
11. How much time passes before Elizabeth and Rafe talk again?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
12. Who calls who?
(a) Their mutual friend Jim calls Elizabeth on behalf of Rafe
(b) Elizabeth calls Rafe.
(c) Rafe calls Elizabeth.
(d) Elizabeth's friend Ruby calls Rafe to convince him to call Elizabeth.
13. Who does she call while surrounded in blood?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her cousin Pamela.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend Stone.
14. Where in Texas does she move to?
15. What does Elizabeth immediately think when she wakes up in blood.
(a) That it is a joke.
(b) That it is paint.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That someone has killed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these is not a form of speed that Elizabeth craves?
2. What is the only way Elizabeth sleeps after leaving Rafe each weekend?
3. Where does Rafe she needs to go while in London?
4. What is one of the excuses Elizabeth does NOT use with Dr. Sterling to account for the accidental blowjob?
5. What has clearly been a failure for Dr. Sterling?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)