|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Elizabeth a renewed sense of hope?
(a) She can look up her disease in a book.
(b) Rafe comes back to her.
(c) Her parents reconcile.
(d) She thinks Stillman is her future home for good.
2. How does Elizabeth describe Rafe's mother?
(a) A natural caretaker.
(b) A high-maintenance hysteric.
(c) An incredibly beautiful woman.
(d) A screaming angry woman.
3. Who calls who?
(a) Elizabeth calls Rafe.
(b) Their mutual friend Jim calls Elizabeth on behalf of Rafe
(c) Elizabeth's friend Ruby calls Rafe to convince him to call Elizabeth.
(d) Rafe calls Elizabeth.
4. Which drug does Dr. Sterling give her for her anxiety while at Stillman?
5. Which one of these is not a form of speed that Elizabeth craves?
6. What does Elizabeth NOT compare madness to?
(a) the fiery hot tempers of Latin America.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) A whirlpool in the Pacific.
7. Which drug does Dr. Sterling put Elizabeth on next due to her mental state?
8. What is Rafe's profession?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a playwright.
(d) He is a student.
9. What makes him very different from Rafe?
(a) He is at her house all the time.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He is obsessed with her.
(d) He hates her depressive episodes.
10. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
(a) The Jeffersons.
(b) Mr. Ed.
(c) Green Acres.
(d) Mary Tyler Moore.
11. What does Elizabeth immediately think when she wakes up in blood.
(a) That she is dying.
(b) That someone has killed her.
(c) That it is a joke.
(d) That it is paint.
12. Who wrote "Love is not a victory march / It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah."
(a) Bruce Springsteen.
(b) Edith Wharton.
(c) Elizabeth Wurtzel.
(d) Leonard Cohen.
13. What year does Elizabeth move to Texas?
14. What is the name of the next new pill that Elizabeth must try?
15. Who does Elizabeth say is a mannequin with a few human functions?
(a) Her father.
(c) Dr. Sterling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes before Elizabeth and Rafe talk again?
2. People taking MAOIs cannot eat which of the following foods?
3. What are Elizabeth's main symptoms in Stillman?
4. Who does Elizabeth meet when she arrives in London?
5. What does Elizabeth really want her friends to bring her while at Stillman?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)