|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Elizabeth after Rafe breaks up with her?
(a) His roommate.
(b) A random man she starts talking to in the coffee shop.
(c) His new girlfriend.
(d) Her mother drives to Brown to save her.
2. Which fairy tale does her new apartment remind Elizabeth of?
(a) Snow White.
(b) The Ugly Duckling.
(c) Red Riding Hood.
(d) The Princess and the Pea.
3. Which drug does Dr. Sterling put Elizabeth on next due to her mental state?
4. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
(a) The Jeffersons.
(b) Green Acres.
(c) Mr. Ed.
(d) Mary Tyler Moore.
5. What has really happened to Elizabeth?
(a) Her roomate is making fun of her depression.
(b) Her roomate is lying dead next to her from a gunshot wound.
(c) She is having a miscarriage.
(d) She tried to commit suicide in her sleep.
6. What is Elizabeth studying at Harvard?
(a) Creative Writing.
(c) Comparative Literature.
7. Which of these is NOT a way that Elizabeth cracked up while in Dallas?
(a) She regularly has drug overdoses.
(b) She returns personal phone calls while at work all day.
(c) She is tearing through a number of new boyfriends each week.
(d) She walks into work at three in the afternoon.
8. Which television show wants her to come on as a guest?
(a) Jerry Springer.
(c) Sally Jesse Raphael.
(d) Phil Donahue.
9. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
(a) Sid will always find Nancy.
(b) Clyde will always find his Bonnie.
(c) Samson will always fall for Delilah.
(d) F. Scott will always recognize his Zelda.
10. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
(d) Atypical depression.
11. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
(a) Work a summer job as an arts reporter for the Dallas Morning News.
(b) Write a novel about her mental health problems.
(c) Find local bands for a recording agency.
(d) Work as a writer for Rolling Stone.
12. To whom does Elizabeth lose her virginity?
(a) The drummer from the Butthole Surfers.
(b) Noah, her friend from Harvard with whom she often takes Ectasy.
(c) A young, good-looking guy she spent hours talking to one night -- but never got his name.
(d) A recent Yale graduate she met at the Rolling Stone College Journalism Award luncheon.
13. People taking MAOIs cannot eat which of the following foods?
14. What book is Elizabeth reading when she is in the infirmary?
(a) Margaret Atwood's Surfacing.
(b) Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar.
(c) Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man and The Sea.
(d) Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own.
15. Where in Texas does she move to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barnaby offer Elizabeth when she arrives?
2. Where does Rafe plan to return after his graduation?
3. What has clearly been a failure for Dr. Sterling?
4. What job does Elizabeth take at night while in Harvard?
5. Who does Elizabeth call to take her to her birthday party where her mother is?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)