|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Archer is so flawlessly handsome that he actually seems ______________.
2. "Drinking in _______ was a lot more fun than it had ever been anywhere else, although I couldn't say why."
(a) Texas bars.
(b) The office.
(c) My boyfriend's house.
3. What happens in the world simultaneously when Elizabeth wakes up in blood?
(a) The World Trade Center is bombed.
(b) Kurt Cobain from Nirvana kills himself.
(c) Iranian hostages hijack an American plane.
(d) The stock market crashes 508 points.
4. How does Elizabeth describe Rafe's mother?
(a) A natural caretaker.
(b) A screaming angry woman.
(c) A high-maintenance hysteric.
(d) An incredibly beautiful woman.
5. Which one of these is not a form of speed that Elizabeth craves?
6. What famous band does Elizabeth interview while in Deep Ellum.
(a) The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
(c) The Rolling Stones.
(d) The Butthole Surfers.
7. What makes him very different from Rafe?
(a) He hates her depressive episodes.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He is at her house all the time.
(d) He is obsessed with her.
8. What is Elizabeth biggest problem with Prozac initially?
(a) It takes time to kick in.
(b) She is a guinea pig and no one knows what will happen.
(c) She hates all of the side effects like weight gain.
(d) She has to take so many at a time.
9. Who does Elizabeth meet when she arrives in London?
(a) Her cousin Pamela.
(b) Barnaby Spring, a recent Harvard graduate.
(d) Samantha, her roommate in Harvard.
10. What does Elizabeth say madness is really like?
(a) A long road to nowhere in particular.
(b) Gorgeous, celebral craziness.
(c) A wild roller coaster with no end in sight.
(d) Pure dullness, tedium straight up.
11. "Instead of being Depressed Girl, I'm _______ Girl."
12. How much money does Elizabeth's mother give her as she is leaving?
13. What are Elizabeth's main symptoms in Stillman?
(a) Depression and alcoholism.
(b) Anxiety and agitation.
(c) Suicidal thoughts and hallucinations.
(d) Drug and alcohol addiction.
14. Which of these is NOT a book that Elizabeth is taking with her?
(a) Milan Kundera's "The Book of Laughter and Forgetting."
(b) Derrida's "Margins of Philosophy."
(c) Freud's "Totem and Taboo."
(d) Homer's "Odyssey."
15. What were the only good thing about Sundays for Elizabeth when she lived on campus?
(a) Pancakes in the cafeteria.
(b) Sleeping and catching up on homework.
(c) Brunch at the mess hall.
(d) Cocoa Krispies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
2. Elizabeth says she comes from a family of:
3. How does Elizabeth chose her doctor since she cannot have Dr. Saltenstahl?
4. What is the name of Samantha's ex-boyfriend?
5. Who does she call while surrounded in blood?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)