|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the next new pill that Elizabeth must try?
2. Who is Rhoda Koenig?
(a) Elizabeth's flatmate after Manuel.
(b) A book critic for the New York magazine.
(c) Manuel's ex-girlfriend.
(d) Elizabeth's new boss.
3. Which one of these are not a worry Elizabeth faces with Dr. Sterling?
(a) That she shares her stories with her husband each night.
(b) That she isn't entertaining enough.
(c) That her abstaining from self-destruction has made her boring
(d) That she is being ignored.
4. What does Dr. Sterling talk about with Elizabeth's father?
(a) Elizabeth's depression.
(d) Better parenting skills.
5. Who does Elizabeth call after getting off the phone with her mother?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her roommate Alden.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend Stone.
6. Which of these is NOT a way that Elizabeth cracked up while in Dallas?
(a) She walks into work at three in the afternoon.
(b) She returns personal phone calls while at work all day.
(c) She regularly has drug overdoses.
(d) She is tearing through a number of new boyfriends each week.
7. How much money does Elizabeth's mother give her as she is leaving?
8. "Instead of being Depressed Girl, I'm _______ Girl."
9. What does Elizabeth really want her friends to bring her while at Stillman?
(a) A new journal.
(b) A bottle of liquor.
(c) The daily newspaper.
(d) Cosmopolitan magazine.
10. To whom does Elizabeth lose her virginity?
(a) Noah, her friend from Harvard with whom she often takes Ectasy.
(b) The drummer from the Butthole Surfers.
(c) A recent Yale graduate she met at the Rolling Stone College Journalism Award luncheon.
(d) A young, good-looking guy she spent hours talking to one night -- but never got his name.
11. What is the only way Elizabeth sleeps after leaving Rafe each weekend?
(a) By sneaking her roommate's Halcion pills.
(b) By talking to him on the phone until she falls asleep.
(c) By drinking herself into a stupor.
(d) By returning back to see him again.
12. What makes him very different from Rafe?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He hates her depressive episodes.
(c) He is at her house all the time.
(d) He is obsessed with her.
13. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
14. What is one of the excuses Elizabeth does NOT use with Dr. Sterling to account for the accidental blowjob?
(a) The Mellaril.
(b) The time change.
(c) She's a narcoleptic.
(d) She's an alcoholic.
15. What are Elizabeth's main symptoms in Stillman?
(a) Anxiety and agitation.
(b) Depression and alcoholism.
(c) Suicidal thoughts and hallucinations.
(d) Drug and alcohol addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a book that Elizabeth is taking with her?
2. What do her friends suggest she read instead in order to be happy to be alive?
3. Where in Texas does she move to?
4. Who calls who?
5. What does Barnaby offer Elizabeth when she arrives?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)