|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth immediately think when she wakes up in blood.
(a) That it is a joke.
(b) That someone has killed her.
(c) That it is paint.
(d) That she is dying.
2. How does Elizabeth describe her life in Cambridge?
(a) A hospital stay in a new country.
(b) Calm and uneventful.
(c) Boring and dull.
(d) Too exciting for her to tackle her depression.
3. Where does Rafe she needs to go while in London?
(a) To the Continent.
(b) To the Louvre.
(c) To Big Ben.
(d) To Paris for a month.
4. What is one of the excuses Elizabeth does NOT use with Dr. Sterling to account for the accidental blowjob?
(a) The Mellaril.
(b) She's a narcoleptic.
(c) The time change.
(d) She's an alcoholic.
5. What is Elizabeth biggest problem with Prozac initially?
(a) She hates all of the side effects like weight gain.
(b) She has to take so many at a time.
(c) It takes time to kick in.
(d) She is a guinea pig and no one knows what will happen.
6. Which one of these things does Elizabeth NOT swear off while in Cambridge?
(d) Bad influences.
7. Which of these is NOT a book that Elizabeth is taking with her?
(a) Freud's "Totem and Taboo."
(b) Milan Kundera's "The Book of Laughter and Forgetting."
(c) Homer's "Odyssey."
(d) Derrida's "Margins of Philosophy."
8. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
9. Which character does Elizabeth envy sexually?
(a) The Kelly McGillis character in Top Gun.
(b) The Kim Basinger character in 9 1/2 Weeks.
(c) The Julia Roberts character in Pretty Woman.
(d) The Meg Ryan character in When Harry Met Sally.
10. What is the name of Samantha's ex-boyfriend?
11. What is the only way Elizabeth sleeps after leaving Rafe each weekend?
(a) By sneaking her roommate's Halcion pills.
(b) By talking to him on the phone until she falls asleep.
(c) By returning back to see him again.
(d) By drinking herself into a stupor.
12. "Instead of being Depressed Girl, I'm _______ Girl."
13. What happens to Elizabeth's mother?
(a) She is robbed.
(b) She has a drug overdose.
(c) She's in a bad car accident.
(d) She loses her job.
14. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
(a) Weight gain.
(b) Blurred vision.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
15. "Drinking in _______ was a lot more fun than it had ever been anywhere else, although I couldn't say why."
(a) Texas bars.
(b) My boyfriend's house.
(d) The office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth call to take her to her birthday party where her mother is?
2. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
3. Who is Rhoda Koenig?
4. What does Elizabeth say madness is really like?
5. Which section of London does Manuel live?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)