|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth think stops her from being perfectly happy in Dallas?
(a) The lack of a counterculture.
(b) Being so far away from her mother.
(c) Not having a car.
(d) The silicone brothers and sisters everywhere.
2. What does Stone suggest is happening to her?
(a) She's cut herself shaving.
(b) It's her roomate's idea of a joke.
(c) She's imagining things.
(d) She's having her period.
3. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
(a) Find local bands for a recording agency.
(b) Write a novel about her mental health problems.
(c) Work a summer job as an arts reporter for the Dallas Morning News.
(d) Work as a writer for Rolling Stone.
4. Where does Elizabeth travel to straight after breaking up with her boyfriend?
(b) New York.
5. Who does she call, telling him/her that she is going straight to his/her apartment and needs a decent dinner because she cannot take care of herself?
6. "Drinking in _______ was a lot more fun than it had ever been anywhere else, although I couldn't say why."
(a) The office.
(c) My boyfriend's house.
(d) Texas bars.
7. Which drug does Dr. Sterling put Elizabeth on next due to her mental state?
8. How does Elizabeth chose her doctor since she cannot have Dr. Saltenstahl?
(a) Dr. Saltenstahl recommends her.
(b) She gets a consultation with a number of practitioners.
(c) She is set up specifically for Harvard students only.
(d) Her mother has found a specialist for her.
9. What does Elizabeth refuse to do now?
(a) Take any more of her drugs.
(b) Talk with anyone.
(c) Go to class.
(d) Get better.
10. Who does she call while surrounded in blood?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousin Pamela.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend Stone.
11. How does Elizabeth describe Rafe's mother?
(a) A high-maintenance hysteric.
(b) A natural caretaker.
(c) An incredibly beautiful woman.
(d) A screaming angry woman.
12. What does Dr. Sterling talk about with Elizabeth's father?
(a) Elizabeth's depression.
(b) Better parenting skills.
13. Which of these is NOT a way that Elizabeth cracked up while in Dallas?
(a) She regularly has drug overdoses.
(b) She walks into work at three in the afternoon.
(c) She is tearing through a number of new boyfriends each week.
(d) She returns personal phone calls while at work all day.
14. Who takes care of Elizabeth after Rafe breaks up with her?
(a) His roommate.
(b) Her mother drives to Brown to save her.
(c) His new girlfriend.
(d) A random man she starts talking to in the coffee shop.
15. What is Elizabeth biggest problem with Prozac initially?
(a) She hates all of the side effects like weight gain.
(b) It takes time to kick in.
(c) She is a guinea pig and no one knows what will happen.
(d) She has to take so many at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do her friends suggest she read instead in order to be happy to be alive?
2. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
3. Which section of London does Manuel live?
4. Who is Debi Thomas?
5. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)