|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
(c) Atypical depression.
2. "And the thing about my mom is that she's totally nuts, but she's very _________."
3. According to Elizabeth, her roommate Samantha is a certain kind of "fucked up" -- what is her ailment?
(a) She cries all the time.
(b) She cares too much about fashion.
(c) She only dates rich men.
(d) She is a Woman with a Purpose.
4. What is the name of Samantha's ex-boyfriend?
5. What do her friends suggest she read instead in order to be happy to be alive?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson's Self-Reliance.
(b) Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass.
(c) Herman Melville's Moby Dick.
(d) Henry David Thoreau's Walden.
6. Why does Elizabeth agree to go to Stillman again?
(a) Dr. Sterling has ordered it.
(b) She thinks it's the only place that makes her happy.
(c) She has a crush on a guy there.
(d) She's too tired to do anything else.
7. What other movie does Elizabeth cry at continuously when she is younger?
(a) The Natural.
(b) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
(d) On Golden Pond.
8. Which one of these is not a form of speed that Elizabeth craves?
9. What does Barnaby offer Elizabeth when she arrives?
(a) A hit of acid.
(b) A Pepsi.
(c) Orange juice.
(d) A cigarette.
10. Archer is so flawlessly handsome that he actually seems ______________.
11. How does Elizabeth get food poisoning?
(a) Fried fish sandwich at the Tate Gallery.
(b) Raw oysters at the Tate Gallery.
(c) The clam sandwich at the Tate Gallery.
(d) Quiche at the Tate Gallery.
12. Which fairy tale does her new apartment remind Elizabeth of?
(a) Red Riding Hood.
(b) Snow White.
(c) The Ugly Duckling.
(d) The Princess and the Pea.
13. What does Elizabeth immediately think when she wakes up in blood.
(a) That it is a joke.
(b) That someone has killed her.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That it is paint.
14. Who wrote "Love is not a victory march / It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah."
(a) Bruce Springsteen.
(b) Elizabeth Wurtzel.
(c) Leonard Cohen.
(d) Edith Wharton.
15. What is Rafe's profession?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a playwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous band does Elizabeth interview while in Deep Ellum.
2. What happens to Elizabeth's mother?
3. What is Elizabeth studying at Harvard?
4. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
5. What is one of the excuses Elizabeth does NOT use with Dr. Sterling to account for the accidental blowjob?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)