|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Elizabeth take at night while in Harvard?
(a) Working job security two nights a week.
(b) Waiting tables two nights a week.
(c) Playing DJ to a local small club.
(d) Writing music reviews for the Harvard newspaper.
2. What is Elizabeth biggest problem with Prozac initially?
(a) She hates all of the side effects like weight gain.
(b) She is a guinea pig and no one knows what will happen.
(c) It takes time to kick in.
(d) She has to take so many at a time.
3. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
(a) Mary Tyler Moore.
(b) Mr. Ed.
(c) The Jeffersons.
(d) Green Acres.
4. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
(d) Atypical depression.
5. Which one of these things does Elizabeth NOT swear off while in Cambridge?
(c) Bad influences.
6. Who does Elizabeth call to take her to her birthday party where her mother is?
(a) Pamela, her cousin.
(b) Sara, her neighbor.
(c) Bruce, her cousin.
(d) Matt, her boss.
7. Which television show wants her to come on as a guest?
(a) Sally Jesse Raphael.
(b) Phil Donahue.
(d) Jerry Springer.
8. Who does she call, telling him/her that she is going straight to his/her apartment and needs a decent dinner because she cannot take care of herself?
9. Where is she dropped off after the break up?
(a) Their mutual friend Jim's apartment.
(b) The airport.
(c) The bus station.
(d) A rental car agency.
10. Who does Dr. Sterling contact with Elizabeth's permission?
(a) Pamela, her cousin.
(b) Her first psychologist.
(d) Her father.
11. Which of these is NOT a book that Elizabeth is taking with her?
(a) Freud's "Totem and Taboo."
(b) Derrida's "Margins of Philosophy."
(c) Milan Kundera's "The Book of Laughter and Forgetting."
(d) Homer's "Odyssey."
12. What is Rafe's profession?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a playwright.
13. Where does Elizabeth travel to straight after breaking up with her boyfriend?
(d) New York.
14. Who does Elizabeth date after Rafe?
(d) No one.
15. Archer is so flawlessly handsome that he actually seems ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Elizabeth move to Texas?
2. What makes him very different from Rafe?
3. Who calls who?
4. What does Elizabeth refuse to do now?
5. What does Elizabeth think stops her from being perfectly happy in Dallas?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)