|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Elizabeth take at night while in Harvard?
(a) Working job security two nights a week.
(b) Waiting tables two nights a week.
(c) Playing DJ to a local small club.
(d) Writing music reviews for the Harvard newspaper.
2. What were the only good thing about Sundays for Elizabeth when she lived on campus?
(a) Brunch at the mess hall.
(b) Cocoa Krispies.
(c) Pancakes in the cafeteria.
(d) Sleeping and catching up on homework.
3. Who calls who?
(a) Elizabeth calls Rafe.
(b) Their mutual friend Jim calls Elizabeth on behalf of Rafe
(c) Rafe calls Elizabeth.
(d) Elizabeth's friend Ruby calls Rafe to convince him to call Elizabeth.
4. What happens in the world simultaneously when Elizabeth wakes up in blood?
(a) The stock market crashes 508 points.
(b) Iranian hostages hijack an American plane.
(c) Kurt Cobain from Nirvana kills himself.
(d) The World Trade Center is bombed.
5. What is the only way Elizabeth sleeps after leaving Rafe each weekend?
(a) By returning back to see him again.
(b) By sneaking her roommate's Halcion pills.
(c) By drinking herself into a stupor.
(d) By talking to him on the phone until she falls asleep.
6. What is Rafe's profession?
(a) He is a playwright.
(b) He is an actor.
(c) He is a student.
(d) He is a writer.
7. What does Dr. Sterling talk about with Elizabeth's father?
(c) Elizabeth's depression.
(d) Better parenting skills.
8. What reruns does Elizabeth watch late at night?
(a) Green Acres.
(b) The Jeffersons.
(c) Mr. Ed.
(d) Mary Tyler Moore.
9. Where does Elizabeth travel to straight after breaking up with her boyfriend?
(c) New York.
10. Who does Elizabeth say is a mannequin with a few human functions?
(c) Her father.
(d) Dr. Sterling.
11. Who does Elizabeth date after Rafe?
(c) No one.
12. Which drug does Dr. Sterling put Elizabeth on next due to her mental state?
13. Where does Rafe she needs to go while in London?
(a) To Big Ben.
(b) To the Continent.
(c) To Paris for a month.
(d) To the Louvre.
14. What is one of the excuses Elizabeth does NOT use with Dr. Sterling to account for the accidental blowjob?
(a) The Mellaril.
(b) The time change.
(c) She's an alcoholic.
(d) She's a narcoleptic.
15. What do her friends suggest she read instead in order to be happy to be alive?
(a) Herman Melville's Moby Dick.
(b) Henry David Thoreau's Walden.
(c) Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass.
(d) Ralph Waldo Emerson's Self-Reliance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has really happened to Elizabeth?
2. What is Elizabeth studying at Harvard?
3. What is the name of Samantha's ex-boyfriend?
4. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
5. How does Elizabeth describe her life in Cambridge?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)