|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth think stops her from being perfectly happy in Dallas?
(a) Not having a car.
(b) Being so far away from her mother.
(c) The lack of a counterculture.
(d) The silicone brothers and sisters everywhere.
2. How does Elizabeth chose her doctor since she cannot have Dr. Saltenstahl?
(a) She is set up specifically for Harvard students only.
(b) Her mother has found a specialist for her.
(c) She gets a consultation with a number of practitioners.
(d) Dr. Saltenstahl recommends her.
3. Who does Elizabeth call after getting off the phone with her mother?
(b) Her ex-boyfriend Stone.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her roommate Alden.
4. What does Elizabeth really want her friends to bring her while at Stillman?
(a) The daily newspaper.
(b) A new journal.
(c) A bottle of liquor.
(d) Cosmopolitan magazine.
5. "Everything I touch, I ruin. I'm ______________."
(a) A walking disaster.
(b) Midas in reverse.
(d) The queen of ruining everything I know.
6. Where does Rafe plan to return after his graduation?
(a) New York.
7. What is Elizabeth studying at Harvard?
(a) Comparative Literature.
(c) Creative Writing.
8. How does Elizabeth describe her life in Cambridge?
(a) Too exciting for her to tackle her depression.
(b) Calm and uneventful.
(c) A hospital stay in a new country.
(d) Boring and dull.
9. Which drug does Dr. Sterling give her for her anxiety while at Stillman?
10. Elizabeth says she comes from a family of:
11. What is the name of the next new pill that Elizabeth must try?
12. How does Elizabeth describe Rafe's mother?
(a) A high-maintenance hysteric.
(b) A screaming angry woman.
(c) An incredibly beautiful woman.
(d) A natural caretaker.
13. Which of these is NOT a way that Elizabeth cracked up while in Dallas?
(a) She returns personal phone calls while at work all day.
(b) She walks into work at three in the afternoon.
(c) She is tearing through a number of new boyfriends each week.
(d) She regularly has drug overdoses.
14. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
(b) Blurred vision.
(c) Weight gain.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
15. What does Dr. Sterling talk about with Elizabeth's father?
(b) Better parenting skills.
(c) Elizabeth's depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes him very different from Rafe?
2. Which one of these are not a worry Elizabeth faces with Dr. Sterling?
3. What has clearly been a failure for Dr. Sterling?
4. Which section of London does Manuel live?
5. Which drug does Dr. Sterling put Elizabeth on next due to her mental state?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)