|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth meet when she arrives in London?
(a) Samantha, her roommate in Harvard.
(b) Barnaby Spring, a recent Harvard graduate.
(d) Her cousin Pamela.
2. How does Elizabeth chose her doctor since she cannot have Dr. Saltenstahl?
(a) She is set up specifically for Harvard students only.
(b) Dr. Saltenstahl recommends her.
(c) She gets a consultation with a number of practitioners.
(d) Her mother has found a specialist for her.
3. How does Elizabeth get food poisoning?
(a) The clam sandwich at the Tate Gallery.
(b) Quiche at the Tate Gallery.
(c) Fried fish sandwich at the Tate Gallery.
(d) Raw oysters at the Tate Gallery.
4. What does Stone suggest is happening to her?
(a) She's cut herself shaving.
(b) She's imagining things.
(c) It's her roomate's idea of a joke.
(d) She's having her period.
5. What is Elizabeth's diagnosis?
(a) Atypical depression.
6. Who does Elizabeth call after getting off the phone with her mother?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend Stone.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her roommate Alden.
7. What does Elizabeth refuse to do now?
(a) Talk with anyone.
(b) Take any more of her drugs.
(c) Go to class.
(d) Get better.
8. Which section of London does Manuel live?
9. What happens to Elizabeth's mother?
(a) She loses her job.
(b) She has a drug overdose.
(c) She's in a bad car accident.
(d) She is robbed.
10. "Everything I touch, I ruin. I'm ______________."
(a) A walking disaster.
(b) Midas in reverse.
(c) The queen of ruining everything I know.
11. Where is she dropped off after the break up?
(a) Their mutual friend Jim's apartment.
(b) The airport.
(c) A rental car agency.
(d) The bus station.
12. Who takes care of Elizabeth after Rafe breaks up with her?
(a) Her mother drives to Brown to save her.
(b) His new girlfriend.
(c) His roommate.
(d) A random man she starts talking to in the coffee shop.
13. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
(a) Work a summer job as an arts reporter for the Dallas Morning News.
(b) Work as a writer for Rolling Stone.
(c) Find local bands for a recording agency.
(d) Write a novel about her mental health problems.
14. What gives Elizabeth a renewed sense of hope?
(a) She thinks Stillman is her future home for good.
(b) She can look up her disease in a book.
(c) Rafe comes back to her.
(d) Her parents reconcile.
15. People taking MAOIs cannot eat which of the following foods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has clearly been a failure for Dr. Sterling?
2. How much money does Elizabeth's mother give her as she is leaving?
3. Which one of these are not a worry Elizabeth faces with Dr. Sterling?
4. What were the only good thing about Sundays for Elizabeth when she lived on campus?
5. How does Elizabeth describe Rafe's mother?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)