|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Elizabeth a renewed sense of hope?
(a) Rafe comes back to her.
(b) She thinks Stillman is her future home for good.
(c) She can look up her disease in a book.
(d) Her parents reconcile.
2. Which one of these are not a worry Elizabeth faces with Dr. Sterling?
(a) That she isn't entertaining enough.
(b) That her abstaining from self-destruction has made her boring
(c) That she shares her stories with her husband each night.
(d) That she is being ignored.
3. Who calls who?
(a) Elizabeth calls Rafe.
(b) Elizabeth's friend Ruby calls Rafe to convince him to call Elizabeth.
(c) Rafe calls Elizabeth.
(d) Their mutual friend Jim calls Elizabeth on behalf of Rafe
4. "Instead of being Depressed Girl, I'm _______ Girl."
5. To whom does Elizabeth lose her virginity?
(a) A recent Yale graduate she met at the Rolling Stone College Journalism Award luncheon.
(b) A young, good-looking guy she spent hours talking to one night -- but never got his name.
(c) Noah, her friend from Harvard with whom she often takes Ectasy.
(d) The drummer from the Butthole Surfers.
6. Who does she call while surrounded in blood?
(a) Her cousin Pamela.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend Stone.
(d) Her father.
7. Which character does Elizabeth envy sexually?
(a) The Meg Ryan character in When Harry Met Sally.
(b) The Julia Roberts character in Pretty Woman.
(c) The Kelly McGillis character in Top Gun.
(d) The Kim Basinger character in 9 1/2 Weeks.
8. Elizabeth believes that Rafe relishes being her personal __________.
9. How much money does Elizabeth's mother give her as she is leaving?
10. What is Rafe's profession?
(a) He is a student.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He is a playwright.
11. What does Elizabeth think stops her from being perfectly happy in Dallas?
(a) The lack of a counterculture.
(b) The silicone brothers and sisters everywhere.
(c) Not having a car.
(d) Being so far away from her mother.
12. Archer is so flawlessly handsome that he actually seems ______________.
13. Which one of these things does Elizabeth NOT swear off while in Cambridge?
(d) Bad influences.
14. What is one of the excuses Elizabeth does NOT use with Dr. Sterling to account for the accidental blowjob?
(a) She's a narcoleptic.
(b) She's an alcoholic.
(c) The Mellaril.
(d) The time change.
15. What does Barnaby offer Elizabeth when she arrives?
(a) A Pepsi.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) Orange juice.
(d) A hit of acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samantha's ex-boyfriend?
2. Who does she call, telling him/her that she is going straight to his/her apartment and needs a decent dinner because she cannot take care of herself?
3. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
4. What concert does Elizabeth miss because she suddenly feels sick?
5. How does Elizabeth chose her doctor since she cannot have Dr. Saltenstahl?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)