|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
2. What is the name of the next new pill that Elizabeth must try?
3. Who does Elizabeth say is a mannequin with a few human functions?
(b) Dr. Sterling.
(c) Her father.
4. What gives Elizabeth a renewed sense of hope?
(a) She thinks Stillman is her future home for good.
(b) Rafe comes back to her.
(c) She can look up her disease in a book.
(d) Her parents reconcile.
5. Which one of these is not a form of speed that Elizabeth craves?
6. What book is Elizabeth reading when she is in the infirmary?
(a) Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man and The Sea.
(b) Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar.
(c) Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own.
(d) Margaret Atwood's Surfacing.
7. Who takes care of Elizabeth after Rafe breaks up with her?
(a) A random man she starts talking to in the coffee shop.
(b) Her mother drives to Brown to save her.
(c) His new girlfriend.
(d) His roommate.
8. Where is she dropped off after the break up?
(a) The airport.
(b) The bus station.
(c) Their mutual friend Jim's apartment.
(d) A rental car agency.
9. Who does Dr. Sterling contact with Elizabeth's permission?
(a) Her father.
(c) Pamela, her cousin.
(d) Her first psychologist.
10. What does Stone suggest is happening to her?
(a) She's cut herself shaving.
(b) She's having her period.
(c) It's her roomate's idea of a joke.
(d) She's imagining things.
11. What does Elizabeth say madness is really like?
(a) Pure dullness, tedium straight up.
(b) A wild roller coaster with no end in sight.
(c) A long road to nowhere in particular.
(d) Gorgeous, celebral craziness.
12. Which fairy tale does her new apartment remind Elizabeth of?
(a) Red Riding Hood.
(b) The Princess and the Pea.
(c) The Ugly Duckling.
(d) Snow White.
13. What concert does Elizabeth miss because she suddenly feels sick?
(a) Butthole Surfers.
(b) Pink Floyd.
(c) Grateful Dead.
14. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
(a) Find local bands for a recording agency.
(b) Work a summer job as an arts reporter for the Dallas Morning News.
(c) Write a novel about her mental health problems.
(d) Work as a writer for Rolling Stone.
15. What does Dr. Sterling talk about with Elizabeth's father?
(c) Elizabeth's depression.
(d) Better parenting skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manuel say that Elizabeth must see before leaving London?
2. Where does Elizabeth travel to straight after breaking up with her boyfriend?
3. Which one of these things does Elizabeth NOT swear off while in Cambridge?
4. Where does Rafe she needs to go while in London?
5. What has clearly been a failure for Dr. Sterling?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)