|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth chose her doctor since she cannot have Dr. Saltenstahl?
(a) Dr. Saltenstahl recommends her.
(b) She gets a consultation with a number of practitioners.
(c) Her mother has found a specialist for her.
(d) She is set up specifically for Harvard students only.
2. Which one of these is NOT a couple that Elizabeth mentions always falling for one another?
(a) F. Scott will always recognize his Zelda.
(b) Clyde will always find his Bonnie.
(c) Samson will always fall for Delilah.
(d) Sid will always find Nancy.
3. What gives Elizabeth a renewed sense of hope?
(a) Rafe comes back to her.
(b) She thinks Stillman is her future home for good.
(c) She can look up her disease in a book.
(d) Her parents reconcile.
4. Which one of these are not a worry Elizabeth faces with Dr. Sterling?
(a) That her abstaining from self-destruction has made her boring
(b) That she isn't entertaining enough.
(c) That she shares her stories with her husband each night.
(d) That she is being ignored.
5. What has really happened to Elizabeth?
(a) She tried to commit suicide in her sleep.
(b) Her roomate is lying dead next to her from a gunshot wound.
(c) She is having a miscarriage.
(d) Her roomate is making fun of her depression.
6. Which of these is NOT a side effect associated with drugs created to treat depression?
(a) Blurred vision.
(b) Weight gain.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
7. How much time passes before Elizabeth and Rafe talk again?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two days.
8. Elizabeth believes that Rafe relishes being her personal __________.
9. "Everything I touch, I ruin. I'm ______________."
(b) Midas in reverse.
(c) The queen of ruining everything I know.
(d) A walking disaster.
10. Which drug does Dr. Sterling put Elizabeth on next due to her mental state?
11. What does Stone suggest is happening to her?
(a) She's cut herself shaving.
(b) She's imagining things.
(c) She's having her period.
(d) It's her roomate's idea of a joke.
12. What does Elizabeth NOT compare madness to?
(a) A whirlpool in the Pacific.
(b) the fiery hot tempers of Latin America.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) William Faulkner.
13. Who takes care of Elizabeth after Rafe breaks up with her?
(a) His roommate.
(b) His new girlfriend.
(c) A random man she starts talking to in the coffee shop.
(d) Her mother drives to Brown to save her.
14. Where doe Elizabeth live after Dallas?
15. Where does Elizabeth travel to straight after breaking up with her boyfriend?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Elizabeth move to Texas?
2. Where does Rafe she needs to go while in London?
3. Who does Elizabeth call after getting off the phone with her mother?
4. Who calls who?
5. What does Elizabeth move to Texas to do?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)