|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor whom Elizabeth sees in Stillman?
(a) Dr. Noah Winters.
(b) Dr. Ruby Peters.
(c) Dr. Hannah Saltenstahl.
(d) Dr. Robert Elivast.
2. Where does Elizabeth get mugged?
(a) At McDonald's.
(b) At school.
(c) On the bus to school.
(d) Walking to the subway.
3. What does Elizabeth say Harvard is full of?
(c) Nut cases.
4. Why can Elizabeth not see Dr. Saltenstahl?
(a) She doesn't believe Elizabeth can pay her bills on time.
(b) She doesn't believe Elizabeth is sick enough to need her services.
(c) Dr. Saltenstahl is overbooked at Harvard and her private practice.
(d) Elizabeth wants someone to give her drugs and Dr. Saltenstahl will not give her any.
5. Why does Elizabeth's dad have so many lawyers?
(a) They are all friends with Elizabeth's mom.
(b) No lawyer think he has a legitimate case.
(c) He doesn't pay their bills and they fire him.
(d) He thinks all of them are idiots.
6. What designer makes the dress that Elizabeth purchases to fit in?
(a) Ralph Lauren.
(c) Betsey Johnson.
(d) Giorgio Armani.
7. How does Elizabeth feel about going to see Dr. Isaac twice a week?
(a) She likes it fine.
(b) She hates and resents it.
(c) She sneaks out and goes somewhere else instead.
(d) She doesn't care.
8. What does Elizabeth not plan to do after she finds more coke?
(a) Call a number of people once she gets the nerve.
(b) Find a copy of Gray's Anatomy and memorize it.
(c) Write her memoir about tonight's events.
(d) Write an epic Marxist-feminist essay on the Bible.
9. Elizabeth asks if depression is _________
(a) worth it?
(b) animal, vegetable or mineral?
(c) a joke?
(d) in her head?
10. Where do Elizabeth and her mother cruise to after she and her boyfriend break up?
(c) The Caribbean.
(d) The Mediterranean.
11. What does Elizabeth think is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for her?
(a) Dr. King agrees to let her skip a semester of classes.
(b) Dr. King agrees to not contact her parents.
(c) Dr. King gets her a private room in the infirmary.
(d) Dr. King gets her bills paid without needing her involvement.
12. Where do Elizabeth and her mother move to?
(a) The Upper West Side.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) The Bronx.
13. What does Elizabeth's mother attribute her recent changes to?
(a) Her mother's new marriage.
(b) Menstrual blood.
(c) Her new sibling.
(d) Her father leaving.
14. What is the name of Elizabeth's friend at camp that she tries to explain her depression to?
15. Which college did Elizabeth's mother attend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What improves Elizabeth's relationship with her mother that five years of therapy could not accomplish?
2. What does Elizabeth have to give up in order to be "shipped to camp" that summer?
3. What floor does Elizabeth live on in her Harvard dorm room?
4. How does Elizabeth describe her depression when she is at Harvard?
5. Which of these is NOT a way that Elizabeth imagines dying?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)