|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth's mother treat her?
(a) Like a deranged lunatic.
(b) Like a normal kid.
(c) Like a drug addict.
(d) Like she's not even there.
2. What is Elizabeth's new favorite drug while in Harvard?
3. Where does Elizabeth end up when the coke wears off?
(a) Pounding on the door of her ex-boyfriend's apartment.
(b) On the fire escape landing, refusing to come inside.
(c) On the bathroom floor covered in black chiffon.
(d) Sitting under a cold shower, screaming and crying.
4. How does Elizabeth react to her mother's outrage?
(a) She wonders who died and left her in charge.
(b) She hangs up on her.
(c) She packs her bags to go on a cross-country road trip.
(d) She calls her father and says she's living with him for awhile.
5. What makes Elizabeth's move to Harvard ominous?
(a) It's raining.
(b) They lose record of where Elizabeth should live.
(c) She and her mother get lost.
(d) Their car breaks down.
6. Where does Elizabeth's mom go for three weeks when Elizabeth is three years old?
(a) To California.
(b) To the Caribbean.
(c) To Poland.
(d) To Israel.
7. Where does Elizabeth's father move to after disappearing from New York?
8. What does Elizabeth not plan to do after she finds more coke?
(a) Write her memoir about tonight's events.
(b) Call a number of people once she gets the nerve.
(c) Find a copy of Gray's Anatomy and memorize it.
(d) Write an epic Marxist-feminist essay on the Bible.
9. How old is Elizabeth when her parents get divorced?
10. What did Elizabeth's mother go to Cornell to become?
(a) An architect.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A marine biologist.
(d) A reverend.
11. Where do Elizabeth and her mother cruise to after she and her boyfriend break up?
(a) The Caribbean.
(b) The Mediterranean.
12. How does Mr. Grubman, the strange science teacher, dress?
(a) Like a hobo.
(b) Like a beatnik.
(c) Like a superhero.
(d) Like a prepster.
13. What is the biggest advantage to seeing Dr. Isaac?
(a) He gets her away from her mother for a little while.
(b) He gives her drugs.
(c) He lets her skip school by writing her a doctor's note.
(d) Elizabeth can leave school early; she hates school.
14. How many therapists has Elizabeth had at the time of the writing?
15. What is Paris's reaction to Elizabeth rant about what it feels like to be depressed?
(a) She walks away and tells their counselor.
(b) She tells her she's being selfish and ignores her for the rest of the time at camp.
(c) She puts her arms around her and hugs her.
(d) She yells that she's crazy and runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What designer makes the dress that Elizabeth purchases to fit in?
2. Why does Elizabeth think she tried her first overdose?
3. What improves Elizabeth's relationship with her mother that five years of therapy could not accomplish?
4. What advice does Elizabeth's dad tell her before he disappears without a trace?
5. Which soap opera does Elizabeth watch constantly while at her aunt's house?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)