|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruby chasing Elizabeth with?
(a) An unloaded gun.
(b) An unsheathed pocketknife.
(c) A stereo system.
(d) A fake sword.
2. How old is Elizabeth when her parents get divorced?
3. Where does Elizabeth go after Ruby catches her?
(a) To a hotel room for the night.
(b) Straight to the library to hide in a cubicle.
(c) The Mental Health facilities at the University Hospital.
(d) Back to New York to see her mother.
4. What makes Elizabeth's move to Harvard ominous?
(a) Their car breaks down.
(b) It's raining.
(c) They lose record of where Elizabeth should live.
(d) She and her mother get lost.
5. Why are Elizabeth's parents suddenly talking again when she is in the eighth grade?
(a) They are arguing about a financial investment.
(b) They have decided to try their relationship again.
(c) They have to decide what to do with her.
(d) Her mother wants more alimony.
6. What is the name of the doctor whom Elizabeth sees in Stillman?
(a) Dr. Ruby Peters.
(b) Dr. Noah Winters.
(c) Dr. Robert Elivast.
(d) Dr. Hannah Saltenstahl.
7. What does Elizabeth not plan to do after she finds more coke?
(a) Find a copy of Gray's Anatomy and memorize it.
(b) Write an epic Marxist-feminist essay on the Bible.
(c) Write her memoir about tonight's events.
(d) Call a number of people once she gets the nerve.
8. What is the mental health facility called at Harvard?
(a) King Infirmary.
(b) Stillman Infirmary.
(c) Einstein Laboratories.
9. How does Elizabeth describe her depression when she is at Harvard?
(a) A black diamond.
(b) A black cloud.
(c) A black wave.
(d) A dying sunflower.
10. What does Elizabeth think is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for her?
(a) Dr. King gets her bills paid without needing her involvement.
(b) Dr. King gets her a private room in the infirmary.
(c) Dr. King agrees to let her skip a semester of classes.
(d) Dr. King agrees to not contact her parents.
11. What quote does Elizabeth use to describe how depression hits her?
(a) "Gradually and then suddenly."
(b) "It hits you like an out of control racecar."
(c) "It just happened out of the blue."
(d) "You wake up one day a different person."
12. On what holiday does Elizabeth gets chased by her current best friend?
(b) Day of the Dead.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
13. What is the name of Elizabeth's friend at camp that she tries to explain her depression to?
14. What designer makes the dress that Elizabeth purchases to fit in?
(a) Giorgio Armani.
(c) Ralph Lauren.
(d) Betsey Johnson.
15. Where do Elizabeth and her mother move to?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) The Upper West Side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth convinced she will have because of taking Prozac?
2. What is written on the card Elizabeth receives from her friend?
3. How does Mr. Grubman, the strange science teacher, dress?
4. What is Elizabeth's new favorite drug while in Harvard?
5. Where does Elizabeth end up when the coke wears off?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)