|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth convinced she will have because of taking Prozac?
(a) A lowered sex drive.
(b) Inoperable brain cancer.
(d) Heightened sensations.
2. What is the name of Elizabeth's cousin who she will later learn has the same kind of mental illness?
3. Elizabeth's dad disappears at the end of her _______ year.
4. Where does Elizabeth's mom go for three weeks when Elizabeth is three years old?
(a) To the Caribbean.
(b) To Poland.
(c) To Israel.
(d) To California.
5. What is the name of Elizabeth's friend at camp that she tries to explain her depression to?
6. Which actress does Elizabeth say she wants to be like?
(a) Goldie Hawn.
(b) Winona Ryder.
(c) Ali MacGraw.
(d) Julia Roberts.
7. Why does Elizabeth think she tried her first overdose?
(a) To kill herself.
(b) To see what it was like to be the center of attention for once.
(c) To avoid being like all of the other people she knows.
(d) To get her mind off her mind; to stop being her for a bit.
8. On what holiday does Elizabeth gets chased by her current best friend?
(a) Day of the Dead.
(b) New Year's Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
9. What does Elizabeth think every time she thinks about her father?
(a) I want to do drugs.
(b) I want to live with you.
(c) I want a new life.
(d) I want to kill you.
10. What is the name of the doctor whom Elizabeth sees in Stillman?
(a) Dr. Noah Winters.
(b) Dr. Ruby Peters.
(c) Dr. Robert Elivast.
(d) Dr. Hannah Saltenstahl.
11. Where does Elizabeth get mugged?
(a) On the bus to school.
(b) At McDonald's.
(c) Walking to the subway.
(d) At school.
12. What does Elizabeth not plan to do after she finds more coke?
(a) Call a number of people once she gets the nerve.
(b) Write an epic Marxist-feminist essay on the Bible.
(c) Write her memoir about tonight's events.
(d) Find a copy of Gray's Anatomy and memorize it.
13. What disease does Elizabeth fear the lithium will give her?
(a) Graves' disease.
(b) Lou Gehrig's disease.
(c) Hodgkins disease.
14. What was Elizabeth born in the middle of?
(b) The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
(c) The Summer of Love.
(d) A Volkswagon bus.
15. Which one of these is NOT something Dr. Isaac says to Elizabeth?
(a) You are too young to feel all of this misery.
(b) You have a split foundation.
(c) You are a fragmented person.
(d) You're very precocious and sensible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth's mom find when she puts a ruler away that she's found?
2. Which of these things does Elizabeth NOT wish to be instead of depression?
3. What does Elizabeth's mother attribute her recent changes to?
4. When Elizabeth calls her father this time, what topic does she bring up right away?
5. What quote does Elizabeth use to describe how depression hits her?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)