|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elizabeth convinced she will have because of taking Prozac?
(a) Heightened sensations.
(c) A lowered sex drive.
(d) Inoperable brain cancer.
2. What does Elizabeth realize while Ruby is chasing her?
(a) She left her dorm room unlocked.
(b) She forgot to take lithium.
(c) This is insanity.
(d) She is missing history class.
3. Why does Elizabeth's dad have so many lawyers?
(a) He doesn't pay their bills and they fire him.
(b) He thinks all of them are idiots.
(c) No lawyer think he has a legitimate case.
(d) They are all friends with Elizabeth's mom.
4. What does Elizabeth call Dr. Ira's office?
(a) the Fifth Avenue Crack House.
(b) High Times.
(d) the Best Place for Drugs and Advice.
5. Elizabeth asks if depression is _________
(a) worth it?
(b) in her head?
(c) a joke?
(d) animal, vegetable or mineral?
6. What does Elizabeth think every time she thinks about her father?
(a) I want to kill you.
(b) I want a new life.
(c) I want to live with you.
(d) I want to do drugs.
7. What improves Elizabeth's relationship with her mother that five years of therapy could not accomplish?
(a) Her improved grades.
(b) Her new boyfriend.
(c) Her new haircut.
(d) Her mother's new boyfriend.
8. What quote does Elizabeth use to describe how depression hits her?
(a) "It hits you like an out of control racecar."
(b) "Gradually and then suddenly."
(c) "It just happened out of the blue."
(d) "You wake up one day a different person."
9. What did Elizabeth's mother go to Cornell to become?
(a) A reverend.
(b) A marine biologist.
(c) An engineer.
(d) An architect.
10. Which book does Elizabeth call a "trippy epic full of Sirens and Lotus-Eaters"?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Illiad.
(c) The Jabberwoky.
(d) Alice in Wonderland.
11. Why can Elizabeth not see Dr. Saltenstahl?
(a) She doesn't believe Elizabeth is sick enough to need her services.
(b) Elizabeth wants someone to give her drugs and Dr. Saltenstahl will not give her any.
(c) She doesn't believe Elizabeth can pay her bills on time.
(d) Dr. Saltenstahl is overbooked at Harvard and her private practice.
12. What does Elizabeth's mom say she wants to do when she finds the pills in the drawer?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Throw Elizabeth out.
(c) Make her take a pregnancy test.
(d) Put her in a mental hospital.
13. Where does Elizabeth hang out the entire time she is at summer camp?
(a) In the kitchen with the cooks.
(b) The end of the dock.
(c) The director's office.
(d) The locker room at the pool.
14. Where does Elizabeth's father move to after disappearing from New York?
15. What is the biggest advantage to seeing Dr. Isaac?
(a) He gets her away from her mother for a little while.
(b) He lets her skip school by writing her a doctor's note.
(c) He gives her drugs.
(d) Elizabeth can leave school early; she hates school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elizabeth and her mother move to?
2. Where does Elizabeth get mugged?
3. How does Elizabeth feel about going to see Dr. Isaac twice a week?
4. What does Elizabeth have to give up in order to be "shipped to camp" that summer?
5. Which of these things does Elizabeth NOT wish to be instead of depression?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)