|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates often do when he wanted to learn new things?
2. What did Socrates teach to a person while talking with Meno?
3. How did Meno know Gorgias?
4. How did the third party in the discussion between Socrates and Meno feel about the people who taught virtue?
5. How many parts of virtue did Protagoras say there were?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Socrates feel about poetry?
2. How did Socrates define shape?
3. Why did Socrates say men liked to be entertained by singers and dancers?
4. What did Socrates say about immediate pleasures?
5. Why did Socrates say cowards did not fight in battles?
6. What did Meno compare his conversation to Socrates with, and why?
7. What did Protagoras feel ashamed about after Socrates' statements about poetry?
8. What was ironic about Socrates bringing up a poem from Pindar?
9. What did Socrates do with Meno to try to discover what virtue was?
10. Why did Socrates compare men to bees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the mythological stories related in these dialogues, and what did they add to the discussions?
Essay Topic 2
What did Socrates think the role of the Gods were in daily life, and how did this shape his life?
Essay Topic 3
What are the four sources of inspiration, according to Socrates, and what are some key examples of each of these?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)