|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates say brave men were always ready to do?
2. What did Socrates think men could actually learn from sophists?
3. What did Socrates say caused courage in men?
4. Who ended the dialogue between Protagoras and Socrates?
5. Why did Socrates say Meno did not understand acquiring things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Socrates do with Meno to try to discover what virtue was?
2. How did Meno try to define virtue?
3. About what did Anytus warn Socrates?
4. What did Socrates say happened when we learned new things?
5. What did Socrates think made one courageous?
6. What did Socrates say men should compare to choose the right thing to do?
7. What was the first thing Meno asked Socrates?
8. Why did Socrates say he was honored to be speaking with Protagoras?
9. What did Anytus say about people who went to sophists for learning?
10. What point did Protagoras try to make about pleasure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Protagoras used a very detailed analogy to present his idea on virtue. What was this analogy, what did it mean, and how did the people hearing this analogy respond to it?
Essay Topic 2
What did Socrates think the role of the Gods were in daily life, and how did this shape his life?
Essay Topic 3
What was a sophist, and how did Socrates feel about them? How did this general idea of sophists shape the direction of the discussion in this book?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)