|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Protagoras say he was the best for teaching young men?
2. What was the rival city to Athens?
3. What was confusing about Protagoras's speech about virtue?
(a) The words were too obscure.
(b) It was contradictory.
(c) It had too many unrelated elements.
(d) He cited strange sources.
4. Who said Simonides thought noble men were bad?
5. Which of the following was something Protagoras did NOT teach in his course?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates say Hippocrates is letting be molded?
2. Why did so many men want to become sophists?
3. What did Socrates compare men to after Protagoras said there are some good things and some bad things for man?
4. How did Socrates say the rival city to Athens showed their superiority?
5. Why did Socrates agree to meet with Protagoras?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Protagoras say many sons of leaders were not great leaders?
2. What did Socrates do when he was questioned by Protagoras?
3. What did Protagoras do to change the tone of the dialogue?
4. Why did the men try to set up a mediator?
5. How did Protagoras say his educational plan differed from other sophist's plans?
6. Why did Socrates not think Protagoras's educational plan would work?
7. Why did Socrates say he did not think Protagoras could teach virtue?
8. What was Socrates' big talent during the dialogue?
9. What did Hippocrates hope to learn from Protagoras?
10. How did Protagoras say he would teach boys virtue?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)