|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frustrated Socrates most when talking to Protagoras?
(a) He broke everything into pieces.
(b) He did not listen to opposition.
(c) He stood while speaking.
(d) He gave long speeches.
2. How did Socrates say the rival city to Athens showed their superiority?
(a) By securing their borders.
(b) By starting wars.
(c) By being brief and to the point.
(d) By caring for their own people.
3. Which of the following did Socrates refuse to believe could be taught?
4. To what did Socrates compare sophist words?
5. What did Protagoras say being a sophist can be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Protagoras say statesmen made to teach virtue?
2. What were fables used to teach boys?
3. Who was asked about the difference between becoming and being?
4. What did Protagoras have to do to be allowed to answer questions again?
5. Why did Socrates say the rival city to Athens was so great?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frustrated Socrates when he was speaking with Protagoras?
2. Why was Socrates so hesitant to support Hippocrates in studying with Protagoras?
3. Why did a man slam a door in Socrates' face?
4. How did Protagoras think men got their wisdom?
5. What was Protagoras's big talent during the dialogue?
6. Why did Socrates not think Protagoras's educational plan would work?
7. How did Protagoras say men learned virtue?
8. What made Protagoras angry, and how did he respond to this?
9. What did Protagoras say about evil men?
10. Whom did Simonides criticize in his poem?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)