|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frustrated Socrates most when talking to Protagoras?
(a) He stood while speaking.
(b) He gave long speeches.
(c) He broke everything into pieces.
(d) He did not listen to opposition.
2. What is the one thing everything has according to Socrates?
(a) A use.
(b) An opposite.
(c) A definition.
(d) A place.
3. What did Socrates say could never be taught?
4. What kind of speeches was Protagoras good at giving?
(a) Rhetorical speeches.
(b) Memorized speeches.
(c) Symbolic speeches.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
5. As what did Protagoras say he could teach people to be better?
(a) Being soldiers.
(b) Being men.
(c) Being students.
(d) Being citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates want Protagoras to define in his speech?
2. What made Protagoras upset when speaking to Socrates?
3. Whose sons did Protagoras say never learned virtue?
4. What was the main question Socrates asked Hippocrates when he came by the house late at night?
5. What did Protagoras say boys should learn while learning to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Socrates respond when a door was slammed in his face?
2. Why did Socrates not think Protagoras's educational plan would work?
3. Why did Protagoras say it was important to punish evil men?
4. What did Prodicus say was the difference between being a good man and becoming a good man?
5. Whom did Simonides criticize in his poem?
6. What made Protagoras angry, and how did he respond to this?
7. What was Socrates' big talent during the dialogue?
8. Why did the men try to set up a mediator?
9. How did Protagoras say men learned virtue?
10. What did Protagoras say about evil men?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)