|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a piece of virtue according to Protagoras?
2. Who was asked about the difference between becoming and being?
3. What did Simonides write?
4. Why did Protagoras say evil men should be punished?
(a) To protect others.
(b) To please the gods.
(c) To promote virtue.
(d) To show authority.
5. What kind of education did Hippocrates want?
(a) Liberal arts.
6. What did Protagoras say the animals received at the creation?
7. How did Socrates say the rival city to Athens showed their superiority?
(a) By being brief and to the point.
(b) By caring for their own people.
(c) By securing their borders.
(d) By starting wars.
8. What did Protagoras say an evil man would always admit to being?
9. What frustrated Socrates most when talking to Protagoras?
(a) He broke everything into pieces.
(b) He gave long speeches.
(c) He did not listen to opposition.
(d) He stood while speaking.
10. What did Protagoras say he was the best for teaching young men?
11. What poet did Protagoras say was really a dophist?
(c) All of these.
12. What did Protagoras want his students to become after studying with him?
13. What did Protagoras say all men should share with others?
(a) Their knowledge.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Their opinions.
(d) Their ideas.
14. How did Socrates feel about sophists?
(a) He feared them.
(b) He hated them.
(c) He respected them.
(d) He avoided them.
15. Who wanted to study with Protagoras?
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefit did Protagoras say wealthy men had over poor men?
2. What did Hippocrates NOT care about in his education?
3. In what city did Socrates live?
4. Whom did Simonides criticize?
5. What was unacceptable to Socrates in Protagoras's speech?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)