|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, line 95-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hippocrates tell Socrates when he stopped by the house late at night?
(a) He needed a new change.
(b) Plato was looking for him.
(c) The police were looking for him.
(d) Protagoras was coming.
2. What did Pindar call knowledge?
3. What did Socrates want Protagoras to define in his speech?
4. Why did Socrates say he could not teach virtue?
(a) He could not define it.
(b) He had never tried.
(c) He was too busy.
(d) He did not possess it.
5. What major element did Socrates use in his argument against Protagoras?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what did Socrates say virtue would have to be a variety?
2. What did Protagoras say made some men wrongly confident?
3. What did Socrates think men could actually learn from sophists?
4. What did Socrates' theory of learning give people the courage to do?
5. What did Prodicus say gave him true praise?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)