|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Lines 317-324.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do families say sophists take away from them?
(a) Their beliefs.
(b) Their youth.
(c) Their unity.
(d) Their values.
2. What did Socrates warn Hippocrates about when he came to the house late at night?
(a) Taking on words as truth too easily.
(b) Offending the wrong people.
(c) Being too eager to learn.
(d) Losing his family and friends.
3. What did Socrates say Hippocrates is letting be molded?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) His body.
(c) His mind.
(d) His soul.
4. What kind of education did Hippocrates want?
(b) Liberal arts.
5. To what did Socrates compare sophist words?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Socrates had for Protagoras?
2. What did Hippocrates tell Socrates when he stopped by the house late at night?
3. What did Socrates say was not a teachable craft?
4. Which of the following did Socrates refuse to believe could be taught?
5. Why did a porter slam a door in Socrates' face?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)