|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hal think has written the proof?
2. What does Robert love about bookstores in September?
(a) The smell of coffee that wafts outside.
(b) He loves how empty the bookstores are.
(c) He loves how precisely and quickly students find the books they are looking for.
(d) He loves watching the students browsing throughout an afternoon.
3. When does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The day before Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) The day of Act 1, Scene 1.
(c) The day after Act 2, Scene 2.
(d) The day of Act 2, Scene 2.
4. Does Hal believe Catherine could have written the proof?
(a) Yes, Hal believes instantly that Catherine wrote the proof.
(b) No, Hal knows that Claire wrote the proof, and plans to help her publish it.
(c) No, Hal did the proof himself, and planned to give Robert the credit.
(d) No, the proof required very advanced mathematics, and Catherine only attended college for a few months.
5. Where does Catherine reveal she is going to school?
(a) New York University.
(b) The University of San Diego.
(c) The University of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Robert's ability does Claire think Catherine has inherited?
2. What was Robert secretly terrified of, in regards to his career?
3. How far behind in school is Catherine, according to Robert?
4. Why has Claire delayed her flight back home?
5. Why doesn't Claire believe Catherine about the proof?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Hal believe that Catherine wrote the proof? Why or why not?
2. When did Catherine write the proof?
3. Why has Robert decided to write on the porch?
4. Describe why Claire allows Hal to take the notebook.
5. How does Catherine react when Claire and Hal do not believe her?
6. What do Robert and Catherine decide to do for dinner?
7. What decision has Catherine made about school?
8. Why was Hal the first person to whom Catherine showed the proof?
9. Why is Claire worried about Catherine?
10. Did Hal intentionally take advantage of Catherine when they slept together?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)