|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Catherine live while she is in school?
(a) At home.
(c) New York.
2. Why doesn't Catherine want Hal to take the notebook?
(a) She is upset that he does not believe her, and thinks he will try to steal her proof.
(b) She is in love with him, but angry that is is trying to steal Claire's proof.
(c) She is upset that he is trying to claim Robert's proof as his own.
(d) She is in love with him and does not want him to leave at all, ever again.
3. Who does Hal encounter when he comes back to the house?
4. Why has Catherine waited so long to inform Robert of her plans?
(a) She was on the waiting list at the school, and was not certain she would be accepted.
(b) Until recently, she had no desire to return to school, thinking it dull and predictable.
(c) Until recently, she was not sure if he was truly better, and worried she may need to stay with him.
(d) She knew he would be incredibly angry, and wanted to give him as little choice as possible in the matter.
5. Why does Robert yell at Catherine?
(a) He wants her to go on a walk with him, but she will not.
(b) He does not understand her mathematics, and gets upset.
(c) He wants her to read the proof aloud, and she does not want to.
(d) She insulted and upset him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claire give the object to Hal?
2. When Claire asks Catherine to recite the proof, how does Catherine reply?
3. Robert says he feels like no time has passed since he was...
4. When does the first scene on Act 2 take place?
5. What does Claire ask Hal to do before he leaves?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)