|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far behind in school is Catherine, according to Robert?
(a) At least a year.
(b) At least a month.
(c) At least two years.
(d) At least two months.
2. What does Hal have to give to Robert?
(a) An invitation to a party where his band is playing.
(b) A book he borrowed back before Robert's illness.
(c) A get well soon card.
(d) A manila envelope containing a rough draft of his thesis.
3. Robert says he feels like no time has passed since he was...
(b) A child.
4. Does Hal believe Catherine could have written the proof?
(a) No, Hal did the proof himself, and planned to give Robert the credit.
(b) Yes, Hal believes instantly that Catherine wrote the proof.
(c) No, Hal knows that Claire wrote the proof, and plans to help her publish it.
(d) No, the proof required very advanced mathematics, and Catherine only attended college for a few months.
5. What is the date in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) June 4th.
(b) September 4th.
(c) March 4th.
(d) January 4th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine's explanation as to why she wrote the proof?
2. What does Hal accidentally remind Robert when he says they will meet in a week, on the eleventh?
3. Whose handwriting does Claire think the proof is written in?
4. What does Catherine request for dinner?
5. What object does Claire give to Hal before he leaves?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)