|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what interrupts Catherine and Robert's argument?
(d) A phone call.
2. What was Robert secretly terrified of, in regards to his career?
(a) He was afraid that Catherine would get credit for his ideas.
(b) He was afraid that he would never work again.
(c) He was afraid that he would never get a break from work.
(d) He was afraid that Hal would rise up and steal his glory.
3. What does Claire ask Hal to do before he leaves?
(a) She asks him never to come back.
(b) She asks him to explain the proof to her.
(c) She asks him to come visit in New York.
(d) She asks him to come visit in Chicago.
4. What are the subjects of the proof?
(a) The inverse relationships between love and hate.
(b) Warm months, cold months, and students in bookstores.
(c) Atomic subatomic forces.
(d) The speed of light.
5. What does Robert ask Catherine to do?
(a) He asks her to work with him.
(b) He asks her to leave him alone.
(c) He asks her to move back home.
(d) He asks her to stay out of his research.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Claire delayed her flight back home?
2. Where will Catherine live while she is in school?
3. Who does Hal want to speak with upon his return to the house?
4. Why was Catherine's drawer locked?
5. What does Catherine try to destroy at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Hal come back to the house after the fight?
2. Why or why not does Catherine want to attend the University of Chicago?
3. Why has Robert decided to write on the porch?
4. Does Claire believe that Catherine wrote the proof? Why or why not?
5. What decision has Catherine made about school?
6. Did Hal intentionally take advantage of Catherine when they slept together?
7. Why is Claire worried about Catherine?
8. What does Claire think is the problem with mathematicians in emotional situations?
9. How does Catherine react when Claire and Hal do not believe her?
10. How does Catherine get Hal to leave?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)