|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert love about bookstores in September?
(a) He loves how empty the bookstores are.
(b) He loves watching the students browsing throughout an afternoon.
(c) He loves how precisely and quickly students find the books they are looking for.
(d) The smell of coffee that wafts outside.
2. What does Claire ask Hal to do before he leaves?
(a) She asks him to come visit in Chicago.
(b) She asks him never to come back.
(c) She asks him to explain the proof to her.
(d) She asks him to come visit in New York.
3. Why does Claire resent mathematicians?
(a) She feels that mathematicians do not think their actions through.
(b) She is a physicist, and the resent between the two professions runs deep.
(c) She is jealous of mathematicians' talent, and wishes she could be a mathematician herself.
(d) She is a writer, and believes the arts are more important than sciences.
4. Why has Catherine come to the house?
(a) She missed home and wanted to visit.
(b) She just happened to be driving by.
(c) She and Robert had planned to have dinner.
(d) No one picked up the phone when she called, and she got worried.
5. Why was Catherine's drawer locked?
(a) The drawer is a place where she keeps private things.
(b) The key to the drawer has long been lost.
(c) The drawer is full of important legal documents.
(d) The drawer contains Robert's greatest works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire think about Hal's relationship with Catherine?
2. Why has Claire delayed her flight back home?
3. Where will Catherine live while she is in school?
4. What else did Hal find in the drawer?
5. What does Robert insist on, though it is freezing cold outside?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)