|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire resent mathematicians?
(a) She feels that mathematicians do not think their actions through.
(b) She is a physicist, and the resent between the two professions runs deep.
(c) She is jealous of mathematicians' talent, and wishes she could be a mathematician herself.
(d) She is a writer, and believes the arts are more important than sciences.
2. When does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The day of Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) The day of Act 1, Scene 1.
(c) The day after Act 2, Scene 2.
(d) The day before Act 2, Scene 2.
3. What does Catherine ask Robert to do, after he shows her his latest ideas in the notebook?
(a) She asks him to burn the notebook.
(b) She asks him to go back inside the house.
(c) She asks him leave and never come back.
(d) She asks him to get the work published right away.
4. Robert says he feels like no time has passed since he was...
(d) A child.
5. What does Catherine try to destroy at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She tries to destroy her relationship with Robert.
(b) She tries to destroy her relationship with Claire.
(c) She tries to detroy the house.
(d) She tries to destroy the notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Catherine live while she is in school?
2. Why does Catherine claim she wrote the proof in one of Robert's notebook?
3. Who or what interrupts Catherine and Robert's argument?
4. What does Robert begin to write at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Claire think about Hal's relationship with Catherine?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)