|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say is finally working again?
(a) His television.
(b) His eyes, which have been bothering him.
(c) The machinery, or, his mathematical genius.
(d) The radiators.
2. Does Hal think he can help Catherine?
(a) Yes, he thinks he will take care of her when she moves in with him.
(b) No, he thinks only Robert can help Catherine now.
(c) No, he thinks she is completely fragile and Clare should take care of her.
(d) Yes, he thinks she is tough and should have a say in whether she stays or goes.
3. Who or what interrupts Catherine and Robert's argument?
(a) A phone call.
4. Why doesn't Claire believe Catherine about the proof?
(a) She knows that Catherine is terrible at mathematics.
(b) She knows that Robert wrote the proof--he told her before his death.
(c) She wrote the proof herself.
(d) She thinks Catherine is emotionally unstable.
5. Why has Catherine waited so long to inform Robert of her plans?
(a) She knew he would be incredibly angry, and wanted to give him as little choice as possible in the matter.
(b) Until recently, she had no desire to return to school, thinking it dull and predictable.
(c) Until recently, she was not sure if he was truly better, and worried she may need to stay with him.
(d) She was on the waiting list at the school, and was not certain she would be accepted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Claire give to Hal before he leaves?
2. What does Claire ask Hal to do before he leaves?
3. Does Hal believe Catherine could have written the proof?
4. Does Hal go with them to dinner?
5. Why is Catherine adamant that Robert could not have written the proof?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)