|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert says he feels like no time has passed since he was...
(b) A child.
2. What is Robert opposed to having for dinner?
3. Where does Catherine reveal she is going to school?
(a) New York University.
(c) The University of San Diego.
(d) The University of Chicago.
4. Robert says he is satisfied with Claire, but he is _______ of/with/to Catherine?
5. Why was Catherine's drawer locked?
(a) The drawer contains Robert's greatest works.
(b) The drawer is a place where she keeps private things.
(c) The key to the drawer has long been lost.
(d) The drawer is full of important legal documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert say is finally working again?
2. Who does Hal think has written the proof?
3. When Claire asks Catherine to recite the proof, how does Catherine reply?
4. Who does Hal want to speak with upon his return to the house?
5. Who will help her pay for living expenses--books, food, gas, etc?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Hal personally conflicted about taking the notebook?
2. What do Robert and Catherine decide to do for dinner?
3. Describe Robert's demeanor throughout the scene.
4. How does Catherine get Hal to leave?
5. Why or why not does Catherine want to attend the University of Chicago?
6. Is Robert upset that Catherine plans to leave? Why or why not?
7. Why has Hal come back to the house after the fight?
8. Does Hal believe that Catherine wrote the proof? Why or why not?
9. When did Catherine write the proof?
10. Why is the date in the scene particularly significant?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)