|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of Robert's ability does Claire think she has inherited?
(b) One-one thousandth.
(c) One-one hundredth.
2. Where does Robert joke that Chicago beer comes from?
(a) New York City.
(c) Lake Michigan.
(d) A secret brewery.
3. Does Hal think he took advantage of Catherine by sleeping with her?
(a) No, he feels guiltless because Catherine is a shamless hussy.
(b) Yes, but he feels guiltless because Catherine led him on.
(c) Yes, he is wracked with guilt and wants to turn himself in.
(d) No, he insists they both wanted it.
4. Where does Catherine reveal she is going to school?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(c) The University of San Diego.
(d) New York University.
5. Whose handwriting does Claire think the proof is written in?
(a) Robert's handwriting.
(b) Her own handwriting.
(c) Hal' handwriting.
(d) Catherine's handwriting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hal huffy when Claire guesses why he has come to the house?
2. What does Robert insist on, though it is freezing cold outside?
3. What is Catherine's explanation as to why she wrote the proof?
4. Where will Catherine live while she is in school?
5. Who does Hal think has written the proof?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision has Catherine made about school?
2. Why has Hal come back to the house after the fight?
3. Does Hal believe that Catherine wrote the proof? Why or why not?
4. Why is Claire worried about Catherine?
5. How does Catherine get Hal to leave?
6. What does Claire think is the problem with mathematicians in emotional situations?
7. Is Hal personally conflicted about taking the notebook?
8. Describe Robert's demeanor throughout the scene.
9. Is Robert upset that Catherine plans to leave? Why or why not?
10. Did Hal intentionally take advantage of Catherine when they slept together?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)