|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert yell at Catherine?
(a) He wants her to go on a walk with him, but she will not.
(b) He does not understand her mathematics, and gets upset.
(c) She insulted and upset him.
(d) He wants her to read the proof aloud, and she does not want to.
2. What is Catherine's explanation as to why she wrote the proof?
(a) She was so excited about math and life that the ideas could not be stopped.
(b) She does not claim to have written the proof.
(c) She was jealous of Robert and vowed that she could come up with something better.
(d) She was depressed because she had to quit school and move home, and decided she could learn the math herself.
3. Why was Catherine's drawer locked?
(a) The drawer is full of important legal documents.
(b) The key to the drawer has long been lost.
(c) The drawer is a place where she keeps private things.
(d) The drawer contains Robert's greatest works.
4. What time of year is it in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Why doesn't Catherine want Hal to take the notebook?
(a) She is in love with him, but angry that is is trying to steal Claire's proof.
(b) She is in love with him and does not want him to leave at all, ever again.
(c) She is upset that he does not believe her, and thinks he will try to steal her proof.
(d) She is upset that he is trying to claim Robert's proof as his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert compare his creativity to?
2. What does Claire think about Hal's relationship with Catherine?
3. How far behind in school is Catherine, according to Robert?
4. When does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
5. How much of Robert's ability does Claire think Catherine has inherited?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)