|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hal accidentally remind Robert when he says they will meet in a week, on the eleventh?
(a) Today is Catherine's birthday.
(b) Today is Hal's birthday.
(c) Today is Robert's anniversary.
(d) Today is Claire's birthday.
2. When does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Three and a half years later than Act 2, Scene 3.
(b) Three and a half years earlier than Act 2, Scene 3.
(c) Immediately before Act 2, Scene 3.
(d) Immediately after Act 2, Scene 3.
3. Whose handwriting does Claire think the proof is written in?
(a) Robert's handwriting.
(b) Catherine's handwriting.
(c) Hal' handwriting.
(d) Her own handwriting.
4. What is the lighting cue at the end of the scene?
(b) Lights to half.
(d) Lights to full.
5. What does Hal have to give to Robert?
(a) A get well soon card.
(b) An invitation to a party where his band is playing.
(c) A book he borrowed back before Robert's illness.
(d) A manila envelope containing a rough draft of his thesis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Catherine request for dinner?
3. What else did Hal find in the drawer?
4. What does Robert begin to write at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. When Claire asks Catherine to recite the proof, how does Catherine reply?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Hal believe that Catherine wrote the proof? Why or why not?
2. Why was Hal the first person to whom Catherine showed the proof?
3. Why has Robert decided to write on the porch?
4. Why is Robert so excited about working?
5. What do Robert and Catherine decide to do for dinner?
6. When did Catherine write the proof?
7. Describe why Claire allows Hal to take the notebook.
8. What does Claire think is the problem with mathematicians in emotional situations?
9. Did Hal intentionally take advantage of Catherine when they slept together?
10. How does Catherine react when Claire and Hal do not believe her?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)