|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire think about Hal's suggestion to check the proof?
(a) Claire thinks his suggestion is terrible--she does not have time to go to trial.
(b) Claire thinks his suggestion is excellent--who better to check the proof than mathematicians who knew Robert?
(c) Claire thinks his suggestion is excellent--no one will be able to validate the authoship better than Robert.
(d) Claire thinks his suggestions is terrible--how could Catherine possibly recite the proof from memory?
2. What has Catherine missed to come back to the house?
(a) She has missed a date.
(b) She has missed a class.
(c) She has missed her favorite television program.
(d) She has missed a shift at work.
3. What does Catherine request for dinner?
(a) Salad, margaritas, and cake.
(b) Chicken, fine wine, and celery.
(c) Soup, bread, and irish coffee.
(d) Steak, cheap beer, and potatoes.
4. Who does Hal think has written the proof?
5. Does Hal think he took advantage of Catherine by sleeping with her?
(a) Yes, he is wracked with guilt and wants to turn himself in.
(b) No, he feels guiltless because Catherine is a shamless hussy.
(c) Yes, but he feels guiltless because Catherine led him on.
(d) No, he insists they both wanted it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stage direction for Catherine reading the proof?
2. How much of Robert's ability does Claire think she has inherited?
3. Does Hal go with them to dinner?
4. What does Robert begin to write at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Why does Claire trust Hal with the object?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine react when Claire and Hal do not believe her?
2. Why was Hal the first person to whom Catherine showed the proof?
3. Did Hal intentionally take advantage of Catherine when they slept together?
4. How does Catherine get Hal to leave?
5. What does Claire think is the problem with mathematicians in emotional situations?
6. When did Catherine write the proof?
7. What do Robert and Catherine decide to do for dinner?
8. Describe why Claire allows Hal to take the notebook.
9. What is Robert examining in the proof?
10. Where has Catherine come from to check on Robert?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)