|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mathematical principle is associated with Sophie Germain?
(a) Germain Angles.
(b) Germain Algebra.
(c) Germain Quarters.
(d) Germain Primes.
2. What is Claire doing with the house?
(a) She is selling it to the University.
(b) She is burning it down.
(c) She is fixing it up for Catherine.
(d) She and her fiance are moving into it.
3. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
(a) He thinks she owes him since he plays in the band.
(b) He has been in love with her for four years.
(c) He's a little drunk.
(d) He thought she was Claire.
4. How old is Catherine turning?
5. Where does Scene 1 take place?
(a) The basement of a house in Chicago
(b) The back porch of a house in New York
(c) The basement of a house in New York
(d) The back porch of a house in Chicago
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire think of Hal when Catherine first tries to explain the events of the previous night?
2. When does Hal arrive in the scene?
3. How many days has Catherine "lost"?
4. What does Claire make Catherine for breakfast?
5. What fields did Robert, in his younger days, make significant contributions to, according to Hal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hal describe the mathematicians at his conferences?
2. Describe the general mood at the house after Robert's funeral.
3. What has Hal found in the locked drawer, and why is it so important?
4. What does Catherine give to Hal that morning? Where has Catherine been keeping the object ?
5. Why does Hal try to take the notebook?
6. What does Claire plan to do with the house?
7. Why is Hal's entrance at the end of the scene helpful for Catherine?
8. Robert was a graphomaniac. What does that mean?
9. Why has Hal come to the house?
10. Why is Hal insistent on going through all of Robert's notebooks?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)