|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Claire want Catherine to stay, instead of coming back to the house to care for Robert?
(a) In school.
(b) In her marriage.
(c) In the mental facility.
(d) In New York City.
2. Why is Claire confused about Catherine's relationship to Hal?
(a) Because she does not know if they were partying together, if he was an intruder, or if he only exists in Catherine's mind.
(b) Because Hal and Catherine were engaged to be married.
(c) Because Hal and Robert are friends, but not Hal and Catherine.
(d) Because prior to this incident, she knows Catherine and Hal were the best of friends.
3. What is Hal carrying when he enters?
(a) A laptop computer.
(b) A bouquet of flowers and a card.
(c) A backpack and a folded jacket.
(d) A briefcase and a parka.
4. What has become Claire's fiance's new hobby?
(c) Miniature ship building.
(d) Model airplane making.
5. Who was Claire drinking with the night before?
(b) The theoretical physicists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they wrote the proof?
2. Why does Claire want Catherine to come to New York?
3. What has Claire given Catherine to wear to the funeral?
4. Why does Hal say some of the older mathematicians use amphetamines?
5. Where did Hal go to the mathematician conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine describe Robert's mathematical processes?
2. What is Hal's song Imaginary Number?
3. How is Claire's personality different from Catherine's?
4. Why does Hal think his papers get turned down for publication?
5. Why does Catherine demand to see Hal's backpack? Does she find anything?
6. Who did Claire want to care for Robert during his illness, and who actually cared for him?
7. Why does Claire want Catherine to come to New York?
8. When did Hal and Catherine first meet?
9. Describe Catherine's reaction when she discovers the notebook.
10. Are Claire and Catherine very comfortable around one another?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)