|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hal's full name?
(a) Harold Jones.
(b) Harold Dobbs.
(c) Halfred Jones.
(d) Halfred Dobbs.
2. Is Catherine pleased that Hal kisses her?
(a) Yes, she has been in love with him since they first met four years ago.
(b) Yes, she kisses him back at the end of the scene.
(c) No, she has no interest in him whatsoever.
(d) No, she promptly throws her beer at him and runs.
3. Who thinks Robert should have been put in professional care?
4. Who was Claire drinking with the night before?
(b) The theoretical physicists.
5. How does Catherine take her coffee?
(a) With sugar and cream.
(c) With only sugar.
(d) With only cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire want Catherine to do?
2. What were the police told when they responded to Catherine's 9-1-1 call?
3. Besides apartments, what other facilities has Claire scouted for Catherine?
4. What was Robert's occupation?
5. When does Hal arrive in the scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it strange that Catherine and Robert are speaking in the beginning of the first scene?
2. Why has Hal come to the house?
3. Describe how Catherine treats the police when they arrive.
4. What has Hal found in the locked drawer, and why is it so important?
5. Who paid off the mortgage on the house? How?
6. Why is Claire so worried when Catherine cannot explain the police presence at the house the night before?
7. Why does Hal think his papers get turned down for publication?
8. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
9. Who did Claire want to care for Robert during his illness, and who actually cared for him?
10. When did Hal and Catherine first meet?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)