|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Claire's wedding, and where?
(a) August, in Boston.
(b) January, in New York City.
(c) June, in Chicago.
(d) November, in Miami.
2. What does Robert get Catherine for her birthday?
(c) A puppy.
3. What is Catherine wearing at the top of the scene?
(a) A robe.
(b) A blouse and jeans.
(c) A swimsuit.
(d) A dress.
4. How old is Catherine turning?
5. What does Hal discover in the notebook?
(a) A theory of physics.
(b) A proof.
(c) A short story.
(d) A painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire think Hal is to Catherine?
2. Where did Hal go to the mathematician conference?
3. Why does Hal say some of the older mathematicians use amphetamines?
4. What does Claire make Catherine for breakfast?
5. Why is Hal able to put the notebooks in order?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
2. Who paid off the mortgage on the house? How?
3. How is Claire's personality different from Catherine's?
4. Why is Hal sensitive about getting older?
5. What does Robert reveal about Catherine's state of mind in the first scene?
6. Why does Catherine demand to see Hal's backpack? Does she find anything?
7. What does Claire plan to do with the house?
8. Why has Hal come to the house?
9. Robert was a graphomaniac. What does that mean?
10. When did Hal and Catherine first meet?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)