|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catherine think of Hal the first time they met?
(a) She thought she loved him.
(b) She thought he talked too much.
(c) She thought he was terribly boring.
(d) She thought he was not boring.
2. What mathematical principle is associated with Sophie Germain?
(a) Germain Quarters.
(b) Germain Primes.
(c) Germain Algebra.
(d) Germain Angles.
3. Where does Scene 1 take place?
(a) The back porch of a house in Chicago
(b) The basement of a house in Chicago
(c) The basement of a house in New York
(d) The back porch of a house in New York
4. What is Claire's finance's name?
5. What has Claire given Catherine to wear to the funeral?
(a) A dress.
(b) A hat.
(c) A ring.
(d) A suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophie Germain?
2. Why did Claire stay up so late?
3. Why is Hal at the house in Scene 1?
4. Where does Hal find the notebook?
5. Why is Hal able to put the notebooks in order?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Hal believe that Catherine wrote the proof? Why or why not?
2. Describe why Claire allows Hal to take the notebook.
3. Why has Hal decided that Catherine wrote the proof?
4. What has Hal found in the locked drawer, and why is it so important?
5. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
6. How does Catherine react when Claire and Hal do not believe her?
7. How does Hal describe the mathematicians at his conferences?
8. Why does Hal try to take the notebook?
9. Who is Sophie Germain?
10. What is Hal's song Imaginary Number?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)