|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire's finance's name?
2. How is Claire related to Catherine?
(a) She is Catherine's cousin.
(b) She is Catherine's aunt.
(c) She is Catherine's sister.
(d) She is Catherine's mother.
3. Why is Claire concerned after speaking with the policemen?
(a) They forced their way into Catherine's house, breaking things and trying to intimidate Catherine.
(b) The policemen have Catherine in custody, and she must pay the bail.
(c) The policemen have a new break in the case over Robert's death.
(d) They claimed Catherine was rude and abusive when they responded to her 911 call the evening before.
4. What is Catherine wearing at the top of the scene?
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) A robe.
(c) A dress.
(d) A blouse and jeans.
5. What is Imaginary Number, or i?
(a) Catherine's favorite cereal.
(b) A song of Hal's band's that consists of three minutes of silence.
(c) A theory of Hal's on which he is writing a paper.
(d) A theory of Robert's before his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are left at the party?
2. What is the lighting direction at the end of the scene?
3. Why is Hal hesitant after Catherine asks him about sex at the Conference?
4. What was Hal's state of mind when he met Catherine four years ago?
5. Why did Robert keep requesting that Catherine check out library books for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Claire so worried when Catherine cannot explain the police presence at the house the night before?
2. Are Claire and Catherine very comfortable around one another?
3. Why does Hal think his papers get turned down for publication?
4. Why does Hal try to take the notebook?
5. Why is it strange that Catherine and Robert are speaking in the beginning of the first scene?
6. Describe the general mood at the house after Robert's funeral.
7. What is Hal's song Imaginary Number?
8. Why does Claire want Catherine to come to New York?
9. Who is Sophie Germain?
10. What does Claire plan to do with the house?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)