|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks Robert should have been put in professional care?
2. Why did Robert keep requesting that Catherine check out library books for him?
(a) He was building a large model out of library books in his office.
(b) He had a goal to read every single book in the library.
(c) He had a vendetta against the library and wanted to take as many books as possible.
(d) He thought that aliens were sending him messages through the Dewey decimal system and was working out the code.
3. What is Claire's relationship to Catherine?
(a) She is Catherine's sister.
(b) She is the housekeeper.
(c) She is Catherine's mother.
(d) She is Catherine's best friend.
4. What mathematical principle is associated with Sophie Germain?
(a) Germain Algebra.
(b) Germain Quarters.
(c) Germain Primes.
(d) Germain Angles.
5. What name does Claire call Catherine by?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine treat the police officers?
2. How does Catherine know about Sophie Germain?
3. When does Hal arrive in the scene?
4. What is Claire's finance's name?
5. Where does Claire live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Claire's personality different from Catherine's?
2. Why is Claire so worried when Catherine cannot explain the police presence at the house the night before?
3. How does Catherine describe Robert's mathematical processes?
4. Describe how Catherine treats the police when they arrive.
5. Why is Hal's entrance at the end of the scene helpful for Catherine?
6. Why does Hal try to take the notebook?
7. Describe Catherine's reaction when she discovers the notebook.
8. Describe Hal's mood the morning after he and Catherine sleep together.
9. Why does Hal think his papers get turned down for publication?
10. Why is Hal insistent on going through all of Robert's notebooks?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)