|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea was it to have the band play at the house after the funeral?
(a) Claire's idea.
(b) Hal's idea.
(c) Robert's idea.
(d) Catherine's idea.
2. At the beginning of the scene, what does Hal bring for Catherine to drink?
3. What name does Claire call Catherine by?
4. Where does Hal find the notebook?
(a) Locked in a drawer in Robert's study.
(b) Locked in a filing cabinet in the basement.
(c) Locked in a chest in Catherine's room.
(d) Locked in a safe deposit box in the kitchen.
5. What is a graphomaniac?
(a) A person who cannot abide the sight of paper.
(b) A person who makes lots and lots of graphs.
(c) A person who compulsively writes, though the writing may make no sense.
(d) A person who hates writing and avoids it at all costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has become Claire's fiance's new hobby?
2. What were the police told when they responded to Catherine's 9-1-1 call?
3. Who is Sophie Germain?
4. Who thinks Robert should have been put in professional care?
5. How do Catherine and Hal feel at the top of the scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hal describe the mathematicians at his conferences?
2. Describe how Catherine treats the police when they arrive.
3. Why is Hal insistent on going through all of Robert's notebooks?
4. What does Catherine give to Hal that morning? Where has Catherine been keeping the object ?
5. Why has Hal come to the house?
6. Why does Claire want Catherine to come to New York?
7. Robert was a graphomaniac. What does that mean?
8. When did Hal and Catherine first meet?
9. How is Claire's personality different from Catherine's?
10. Are Claire and Catherine very comfortable around one another?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)