|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the proof so important?
(a) If it is correct, they will each get a million dollar prize.
(b) If it is correct, Hal will be famous for discovering the notebook.
(c) If it is correct, it proves a centuries-old theory that many thought could not be proven.
(d) If it is correct, it may solve world hunger mathematically.
2. Where does Scene 1 take place?
(a) The basement of a house in New York
(b) The back porch of a house in New York
(c) The back porch of a house in Chicago
(d) The basement of a house in Chicago
3. Why is Hal hesitant after Catherine asks him about sex at the Conference?
(a) He is not sure if she likes him, and plans to give her a lie detector test to find out.
(b) He dislikes her and does not want to talk about sex.
(c) He dislikes her and is thinking of a way to leave.
(d) He is not sure that she is flirting with him, and does not want to make a bad impression.
4. What does Catherine give to Hal?
(a) A ring that belonged to her mother.
(b) A cup of coffee meant for Claire.
(c) A backpack filled with notebooks.
(d) A key to the bottom drawer of the desk in Robert's office.
5. What is Claire's finance's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claire doing with the house?
2. According to the letter Catherine has memorized, is Gauss pleased to discover the letters he has received are from a woman?
3. What is the lighting direction at the end of the scene?
4. What is happening in the house after the funeral?
5. What is a graphomaniac?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hal try to take the notebook?
2. Robert was a graphomaniac. What does that mean?
3. Why is Claire so worried when Catherine cannot explain the police presence at the house the night before?
4. What is Hal's song Imaginary Number?
5. How does Hal describe the mathematicians at his conferences?
6. Describe Catherine's reaction when she discovers the notebook.
7. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
8. When did Hal and Catherine first meet?
9. How is Claire's personality different from Catherine's?
10. What does Catherine give to Hal that morning? Where has Catherine been keeping the object ?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)