|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Robert's occupation?
(a) A plumber and handyman in Chicago.
(b) A physicist at New York University.
(c) A mathematician and teacher at the University of Chicago.
(d) A salesman in Boston.
2. What is happening in the house after the funeral?
(a) An auction.
(b) A press conference.
(c) A poetry reading.
(d) A party.
3. Why does Hal attempt to steal the notebook?
(a) He wants to keep the notebook for sentimental reasons.
(b) He wants to wrap it, and give it to Catherine as a birthday present.
(c) He plans to sell the notebook and make a profit.
(d) He wants to publish the ideas in the notebook as his own.
4. What has become Claire's fiance's new hobby?
(a) Miniature ship building.
(c) Model airplane making.
5. What does Claire think Hal is to Catherine?
(a) She thinks he is a police officer.
(b) She thinks he is her professor.
(c) She thinks he is her boyfriend.
(d) She thinks he is her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hal hesitant after Catherine asks him about sex at the Conference?
2. Where does Scene 1 take place?
3. What has Claire given Catherine to wear to the funeral?
4. What is Catherine's relation to Robert?
5. Is Catherine pleased that Hal kisses her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Claire's personality different from Catherine's?
2. How does Catherine get Hal to leave?
3. How do Robert's feelings differ between Catherine and Claire?
4. Why has Robert decided to write on the porch?
5. What does Claire plan to do with the house?
6. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
7. When did Hal and Catherine first meet?
8. Describe Catherine's reaction when she discovers the notebook.
9. How does Catherine describe Robert's mathematical processes?
10. How does Catherine meet Hal?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)