|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine tell Claire to look for proof that Hal is real?
(a) In the sky.
(b) In the upstaris bedroom.
(c) In the paper.
(d) In the closet.
2. What fields did Robert, in his younger days, make significant contributions to, according to Hal?
(a) Contemporary american fiction, contemporary satire, and poetry.
(b) Weapons research, triangulation theory, and international politics.
(c) Biochemistry, zoology, and entomology.
(d) Game theory, algebraic geometry, and nonlinear operator theory.
3. What does Claire fear about Catherine?
(a) She fears that Catherine will run away.
(b) She fears Catherine's brute strength, because they have fought many times before.
(c) She fears that Catherine will move to New York City.
(d) She fears that Catherine is talented, but tends toward instability like Robert.
4. When does Hal arrive in the scene?
(a) He arrives in the middle.
(b) He arrives in the beginning.
(c) He never actually enters in the scene.
(d) He arrives in the end.
5. Who paid the mortgage on the house during Robert's illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the police told when they responded to Catherine's 9-1-1 call?
2. Where does Claire live?
3. What is Claire's finance's name?
4. What was Robert's occupation?
5. What was Hal's state of mind when he met Catherine four years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hal's excuse for kissing Catherine?
2. Why has Hal come to the house?
3. Why is Hal's entrance at the end of the scene helpful for Catherine?
4. Why does Hal try to take the notebook?
5. How does Catherine describe Robert's mathematical processes?
6. What is Hal's song Imaginary Number?
7. Who is Sophie Germain?
8. Who paid off the mortgage on the house? How?
9. Why is Hal sensitive about getting older?
10. What does Catherine give to Hal that morning? Where has Catherine been keeping the object ?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)