|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire think Hal is to Catherine?
(a) She thinks he is a police officer.
(b) She thinks he is her boyfriend.
(c) She thinks he is her professor.
(d) She thinks he is her best friend.
2. Why is Hal at the house in Scene 1?
(a) He has been going through Robert's notebooks.
(b) He has been going on dates with Catherine.
(c) He has been fixing the heating system.
(d) He has been working on a math problem.
3. What is Imaginary Number, or i?
(a) A theory of Hal's on which he is writing a paper.
(b) A theory of Robert's before his death.
(c) Catherine's favorite cereal.
(d) A song of Hal's band's that consists of three minutes of silence.
4. Why is Claire in town?
(a) She is in town for Catherine's birthday.
(b) She is in town for her wedding.
(c) She is in town for Robert's funeral.
(d) She is in town for Catherine's wedding.
5. What was Hal's state of mind when he met Catherine four years ago?
(a) Confused; he did not have any idea who she was.
(b) Happy; he'd specifically set up the meeting to talk to her.
(c) Nervous; he was dropping off his thesis for her father to check.
(d) Angry; he's hoped to meet Robert alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lighting direction at the end of the scene?
2. What is Catherine wearing at the top of the scene?
3. What mathematical principle is associated with Sophie Germain?
4. Who paid the mortgage on the house during Robert's illness?
5. What does Claire make Catherine for breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Robert's demeanor throughout the scene.
2. Why has Hal come back to the house after the fight?
3. Why has Robert decided to write on the porch?
4. Why has Hal decided that Catherine wrote the proof?
5. Describe the general mood at the house after Robert's funeral.
6. Describe why Claire allows Hal to take the notebook.
7. Did Hal intentionally take advantage of Catherine when they slept together?
8. What do Robert and Catherine decide to do for dinner?
9. What is Robert examining in the proof?
10. Who paid off the mortgage on the house? How?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)