Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous American represented the Boston Massacre defendants in 1770?
(a) Charles Evans Hughes.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Thomas Payne.
(d) Paul Revere.
2. What benefit did Norris fight for to aid the people of Tennessee Valley?
(a) Tax relief for the poor.
(b) Better roads and highways.
(c) Low cost electricity.
(d) Coal mining concessions.
3. What method did Sen. Norris use to prevent the passage of the Armed Ship Bill?
(b) Buried in committee.
(c) Collecting enough votes to defveat it.
(d) A Petition.
4. To whom was Ross compared in a Kansas newspaper editorial?
(a) Marc Anthony
(b) Judas Escariot
(c) Benedict Arnold.
(d) Thomas Payne.
5. What character traits did Henry Adams consider that Lamar possessed above all others?
(a) Stubbornness and greed.
(b) Tact and humor.
(c) Envy and averace.
(d) Amiability and aimlessness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Radical Republicans happy to see Edmund G. Ross come to the Senate?
2. Who was the butcher of New Orleans who was the chief prosecutor in Johnson's impeachment trial?
3. How did Taft's candor cause him to lose his party's nomination for President?
4. How did Lamar view the free silver movement of 1877?
5. What was the irony of Norris' using the filibuster to fight passage of the Armed Ship Bill?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)