|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Taft speak out against the War Crimes Trials and the Nuremberg Trials?
(a) He had supported the Germans during WWII.
(b) He believed the crimes were being tried under an ex post facto law which he felt was unconstitutional and un-American.
(c) He thought the German war criminals should be tried in America.
(d) He advocated letting the Isralies try the German war criminals.
2. Why did George Norris believe Big Business was urging the country into war?
(a) Because Big Business supported Wilson only when he tried to stay neutral.
(b) Because he feared the munitions profits was what was steamrolling the country into war.
(c) Because American business wanted to supply munitions to the Kaiser.
(d) Because the country was actually run by a few big businessmen.
3. What poet does Kennedy quote to express the bitterness of the South during reconstruction?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(d) Vachal Lindsay.
4. What was Johnson's purpose as President that caused him problems with the Radical Republicans?
(a) His purpose was to see that the Southern States were severely punished.
(b) His purpose was to get re-elected President for a full term.
(c) His purpose was to carry out Lincoln's reconstruction plans.
(d) His purpose was to establish a political stronghold for himself.
5. What act of courage marked the Presidency of Robert A. Taft's father, William Howard Taft?
(a) Denouncing Woodrow Wilson for his mishandling of WWI.
(b) Forecasting that America would go to war with Germany and Japan.
(c) Standing by his Secretary of the Interior against opposition from Pinchot and Roosevelt.
(d) Pushing for more and more farm subsidies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the butcher of New Orleans who was the chief prosecutor in Johnson's impeachment trial?
2. Which candidate did Norris support in the 1928 Presidential election?
3. What did Lamar say about his vote against the Matthews Resolution?
4. How many other Republicans lost their careers by standing with Ross against the impeachment of President Johnson?
5. How did Lamar view the free silver movement of 1877?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)