Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Jay Treaty and why did President Washington support it?
(a) It was a treaty to buy arms and munitions only from the British.
(b) It was a treaty removing all taxes from British imports supported by Washington to protect the rich.
(c) It was a treaty giving land west of the Mississippi to the British.
(d) It was a treaty with Great Britain that President Washington supported to keep the young country from going to war.
2. What character traits did Henry Adams consider that Lamar possessed above all others?
(a) Amiability and aimlessness.
(b) Envy and averace.
(c) Stubbornness and greed.
(d) Tact and humor.
3. How was Lamar similar to author Joel Harris?
(a) Lamar, like Harris, told tales about the South.
(b) Lamar had a pet named Br'er Rabbit.
(c) Lamar wrote a book called Tunes of the South.
(d) Lamar, like Harris, was a graduate of Oxford.
4. Which bitter rival of Sen. Robert A. Taft actually ended up in the White House?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhaur.
(b) Thomas E. Dewey.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Harry S. Truman.
5. After Lamar toured Mississippi to discuss his reasons for voting the way he did, how did the people react?
(a) They held rallies against him.
(b) They recalled him from Congress.
(c) They changed their opposition to Lamar and supported him.
(d) No one came out to hear the traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy suggest is the number of courageous Senators who have put their political lives on the line in order to speak honestly?
2. Which candidate did Norris support in the 1928 Presidential election?
3. Who was the butcher of New Orleans who was the chief prosecutor in Johnson's impeachment trial?
4. What act of courage marked the Presidency of Robert A. Taft's father, William Howard Taft?
5. What were Norris' opening words at the public meeting in Nebraska after the filibuster?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)