|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first son of a former president to become president of the U.S.?
(a) John Quincey Adams.
(b) Andrew Jefferson.
(c) Geroge Washington Carver.
(d) Thomas Alva Edison.
2. Why did Thomas Hart Benton get the nickname of Old Bullion?
(a) His greed for money.
(b) His advocacy for hard currency.
(c) His gold plated sign on his office door.
(d) His silver mines in Missouri.
3. What was Benton's characteristic that early on made his constituents love him?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His humble nature.
(c) His fearlessness.
(d) His political favors.
4. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(c) New York.
5. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Houston ran away from home in his childhood, where did he go?
2. What were Benton's most effective weapons as a fighter?
3. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
4. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
5. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ross called the man who saved a president?
2. How did Lamar win respect from Northerners and Democrats in Congress?
3. What was wrong with the situation under the lead of Czar Cannon in the House?
4. Why was it so easy for him to go and live with the Indians?
5. How was Lamar able to win back the support of the people of Mississippi?
6. Why did Sen. Lamar vote against the Bland Silver Bill even though the Mississippi legislature had instructed him to vote for it?
7. Why did Taft speak out against the Nuremberg trials of Nazi war leaders?
8. What does fear have to do with being courageous?
9. Detail the important political positions held by Sam Houston.
10. What does Kennedy point out as a moral flaw in Daniel Webster?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)