|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
(a) His hate and retribution against his enemies.
(b) Adams secret life of debauchery.
(c) Lapses in his Puritanical beliefs.
(d) Times of disappointment and hurt at loss of popularity.
2. Who was the author of the words, it is not true, in fact, that any people ever existed who love the public better than themselves?
(a) John Adams.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
3. What Senator pulled a gun on Benton once?
(a) Senator Aaron Burr.
(b) Senator Martin VanBuren.
(c) Senator William Cooper.
(d) Senator Henry Foote.
4. What is an irony of Benton's opposition to the slave states?
(a) He owned slaves himself.
(b) He refused to go against his own party.
(c) He opposed abolition.
(d) He was a descendent of a slave.
5. How did Daniel Webster describe and define himself?
(a) As a citizen of the world.
(b) Not as a Massachusetts man but as an American.
(c) As a debator who loved to take any opposing view.
(d) As a free thinker opposed to the Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous speech did Lamar give in Congress?
2. Why did George Norris decide to go against his constituents and vote according to his conscience?
3. Who said that Democracy is the worst form of government--except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time?
4. What disease cut short Lamar's military career?
5. Why did Thomas Hart Benton get the nickname of Old Bullion?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)