|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the circumstances that brought Edmund G. Ross to Congress as Senator from Kansas?
(a) The suicide of his predecessor, Senator Jim Lane.
(b) A landslide vote of the Kansas people.
(c) The resignation of Senator Lane who was a reconstructionist.
(d) He was sent after a recall of Senator Lane.
2. What character traits did Henry Adams consider that Lamar possessed above all others?
(a) Amiability and aimlessness.
(b) Stubbornness and greed.
(c) Tact and humor.
(d) Envy and averace.
3. What famous piece of legislation bears Robert A. Taft's name?
(a) The Taft-Hartley Act.
(b) The Taft Welfare Act.
(c) The Taft Education Manifesto.
(d) The Taft Health Plan.
4. What was Ross' military experience?
(a) The Republic of Texas Army and the Union Army.
(b) The Kansas Free State Army and the Union Army.
(c) The Union Army and the Union Navy.
(d) The Ohio Militia and the Confederate Army.
5. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
(a) Neither father nor son served out a full term in office.
(b) Both father and son served three terms in office.
(c) Both father and son served during wartime.
(d) Neither father nor son served a second term in office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the famous put down of historian T. B. Macaulay by Prime Minister Melborne?
2. Who was the Democratic majority leader in the Senate who later became Vice President?
3. John Quincey Adams' mother was fond of saying John had been groomed to do what?
4. What unwanted praise did Norris and his group receive after the filibuster?
5. What view did Webster take that made him unpopular with abolitionists?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)