|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to being the first Senator from Missouri, what other first did Benton achieve?
(a) First Senator to serve 30 years in the Senate.
(b) First politician to support Martin Van Buren.
(c) First Senator to change political parties.
(d) First politician to have a duel.
2. How many votes were needed to convict the President?
3. How does Kennedy assess the failure of both Adams presidencies to produce second terms?
(a) Personalities that clased with everyone not of their religion.
(b) Poor choices for their cabinet members.
(c) Unwillingness to campaign for a second term in office.
(d) An unwillingness to compromise on mundane matters of politics.
4. How did Benton's reputation for being crazy become problematic to his opponents?
(a) They never knew what he might do next.
(b) They thought people would think they were picking on Benton.
(c) They feared he would blow up the capitol building.
(d) They feared he would challenge them to a duel.
5. What was Ross' military experience?
(a) The Union Army and the Union Navy.
(b) The Kansas Free State Army and the Union Army.
(c) The Republic of Texas Army and the Union Army.
(d) The Ohio Militia and the Confederate Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the irony of Norris' using the filibuster to fight passage of the Armed Ship Bill?
2. To what does Kennedy ascribe as half the power of Webster?
3. What was so strange about Henry Clay's enlisting Webster in his cause for compromise?
4. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
5. What does Kennedy identify as the second pressure that prevents courageous deeds by elected officials.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)