|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ross' military experience?
(a) The Union Army and the Union Navy.
(b) The Republic of Texas Army and the Union Army.
(c) The Ohio Militia and the Confederate Army.
(d) The Kansas Free State Army and the Union Army.
2. What was Daniel Webster known for during his lifetime?
(a) As a particularly eloquent speaker.
(b) As a politician who opposed any kind of compromise.
(c) As a writer of fiction.
(d) As a squeaky voiced speaker.
3. After Houston's removal from the Senate, what office did he run for and win as an independent?
(a) House of Representatives.
(b) Senator from Tennessee.
(c) Governor of Texas.
(d) Attorney General of Texas.
4. What is another difficult situation for an elected official besides the interests of the nation and those of the constituency?
(a) Presidential arm twisting.
(b) Party pressure to vote the party line.
(c) Political differences within the official's own family.
(d) National opinion polls.
5. What metaphor does Kennedy use to describe the relationship between the elected official and the electorate?
(a) A doctor-patient relationship.
(b) A father-child relationship.
(c) A lawyer-client relationship.
(d) A coach-team relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Speaker of the House did Norris oppose to the chagrin of his party?
2. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
3. What unwanted praise did Norris and his group receive after the filibuster?
4. What were the results of Norris' opposition of President Wilson on the Armed Ship Bill?
5. Who was the author of the words, it is not true, in fact, that any people ever existed who love the public better than themselves?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)