|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who served as the Governor of Tennessee and later as Senator from the State of Texas?
(a) Thomas Hart Benton.
(b) Henry Calhoun.
(c) Stephen A. Austin.
(d) Sam Houston.
2. Besides the Texas territory which Benton opposed, what other one did he support against his party's stand?
3. Which candidate did Norris support in the 1928 Presidential election?
(a) Al Sharpton.
(b) Al Smith.
(c) Al Newman.
(d) Al Gore.
4. Why did the six Republicans say they would not vote to convict President Johnson?
(a) They said the evidence was not sufficient.
(b) They came from conservative states.
(c) They said some Prepblicans should vote no to make the party look unbiased.
(d) They said they didn't need to vote because there was a 36 majority anyway.
5. Kennedy sees as a weakness in John Quincey Adams an emotional attachment to whom?
(a) His religious congregational members.
(b) His college friends and professors.
(c) His wife and his mistress.
(d) His parents and God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sen. Albert Beveridge's famous statement after he was defeated for speaking out against the Payne-Aldrich Tariff Act?
2. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
3. What is ironic about Houston as an Indian fighter?
4. Who suggested that Senators were vulgar demagogues?
5. How did Taft's candor cause him to lose his party's nomination for President?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)