|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Webster not bothered by what many would consider as bribes?
(a) He felt he was entitled to extra benefits for his service to the Union.
(b) He accepted money and gifts but always did only what he thought was right.
(c) The moral question of accepting money and gifts for Webster was not an issue for him.
(d) He never let that happen to him.
2. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
(a) He never traveled abroad.
(b) He never couold live up to his mother's expectations.
(c) He never married his childhood sweetheart.
(d) He never felt he had accomplished enough.
3. To whom was Ross compared in a Kansas newspaper editorial?
(a) Thomas Payne.
(b) Benedict Arnold.
(c) Judas Escariot
(d) Marc Anthony
4. What benefit did Norris fight for to aid the people of Tennessee Valley?
(a) Coal mining concessions.
(b) Better roads and highways.
(c) Tax relief for the poor.
(d) Low cost electricity.
5. How was Lamar similar to author Joel Harris?
(a) Lamar had a pet named Br'er Rabbit.
(b) Lamar, like Harris, told tales about the South.
(c) Lamar wrote a book called Tunes of the South.
(d) Lamar, like Harris, was a graduate of Oxford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Benton's characteristic that early on made his constituents love him?
2. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
3. In what two different ways does Kennedy suggest men have shown courage?
4. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
5. Who suggested that Senators were vulgar demagogues?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)