|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kennedy say courage is found?
(a) From fighting in the school yard.
(b) From public school education.
(c) From stories like those in his book.
(d) From looking in one's own soul.
2. How did Ross describe his feelings just before he cast his not guilty vote?
(a) I felt the chill of fear on my spine.
(b) I was afraid I could not speak.
(c) I looked down at my open grave.
(d) I had a great lump in my throat.
3. What earned Houston the name of traitor and pro-Abolitionist?
(a) His support of President Lincoln.
(b) His vote against the Kansas-Nebraska Bill.
(c) His vote against the Missouri compromise.
(d) His friendship with Senator Calhoun.
4. Taft's words on freedom of thought, freedom from orthodox dogma, and the right to think for oneself are his definition of what?
5. Who suggested that Senators were vulgar demagogues?
(a) An ambassador.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A cabinet member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
2. Why was Norris' candidate for President unpopular in 1928?
3. How was Benton's behavior different when he was with his family from when he was involved in politics?
4. Prior to the Civil War, what notable action did Lamar undertake with Jefferson Davis?
5. What was the irony of Norris' using the filibuster to fight passage of the Armed Ship Bill?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)