|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
2. In addition to being the first Senator from Missouri, what other first did Benton achieve?
(a) First politician to have a duel.
(b) First Senator to serve 30 years in the Senate.
(c) First politician to support Martin Van Buren.
(d) First Senator to change political parties.
3. How many votes were needed to convict the President?
4. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
5. What is the first pressure of Americans that keeps them from acting courageously according to Kennedy?
(a) The need to be different from other politicians.
(b) The need to be right all the time.
(c) The need to be well liked.
(d) The need to raise campaign money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What earned Houston the name of traitor and pro-Abolitionist?
2. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
3. Who was the Senator from Nebraska who opposed President Woodrow Wilson's Armed Ship Bill?
4. What was the result of Webster's courageous stand in giving the Seventh of March speech?
5. Although thought of as a crazy politician, what did John F. Kennedy see as a mark of courage in the man?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)