|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What measure did Henry Clay enlist Webster to help with?
(a) Re-writing the Bill of Rights to include slavery.
(b) Speaches warning about Abraham Lincoln's political ambitions.
(c) Clay's bid for re-election.
(d) The Great Compromise of 1850.
2. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
(a) His god.
(b) His family.
(c) His people.
(d) His party.
3. What was the result of Webster's courageous stand in giving the Seventh of March speech?
(a) Webster sacrificed his potential presidential run and his popularity.
(b) Webster would have become president but he died 2 years later.
(c) Webster was honored by his constituents as a man of courage.
(d) Webster changed his position of slavery to agree with Clay.
4. What do the subject of PROFILES IN COURAGE all have in common?
(a) They were all Republicans.
(b) They all lost elections and then won them the next time.
(c) They were all Democrats.
(d) They all served as U. S. Senators.
5. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first son of a former president to become president of the U.S.?
2. What metaphoric comparison does Kennedy make to John Quincey Adams' Puritanism?
3. Why was Webster not bothered by what many would consider as bribes?
4. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
5. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)