|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Webster a leader in the North prior to the Civil War?
(a) He was older than any other politician.
(b) He knew all the words in the dictionary.
(c) He had strong views against slavery.
(d) He could out talk his opponents.
2. What effect did Webster's three-hour-long speech in the Senate have in 1850?
(a) It helped hold off the Civil War for a good ten years.
(b) It made many political allies for Webster.
(c) It gave the South the idea of secession.
(d) It rallied the North to declare war on the South.
3. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
(a) His superior attitude toward other politician.
(b) His ability to manipulate his father.
(c) His willingness to change positions when expedient.
(d) His uncompromising religion.
4. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(c) New York.
5. What is the first pressure of Americans that keeps them from acting courageously according to Kennedy?
(a) The need to be right all the time.
(b) The need to be different from other politicians.
(c) The need to be well liked.
(d) The need to raise campaign money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
2. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
3. What does Kennedy see as Webster's moral flaw?
4. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
5. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)