|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Webster not bothered by what many would consider as bribes?
(a) The moral question of accepting money and gifts for Webster was not an issue for him.
(b) He felt he was entitled to extra benefits for his service to the Union.
(c) He accepted money and gifts but always did only what he thought was right.
(d) He never let that happen to him.
2. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
(a) Adams secret life of debauchery.
(b) Lapses in his Puritanical beliefs.
(c) His hate and retribution against his enemies.
(d) Times of disappointment and hurt at loss of popularity.
3. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
(a) His party.
(b) His god.
(c) His family.
(d) His people.
4. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
(a) What courage actually is.
(b) Where to look for courage in a politician.
(c) How to tell if a man is honest.
(d) The basic principles our country was founded on.
5. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
(a) Both father and son served during wartime.
(b) Both father and son served three terms in office.
(c) Neither father nor son served out a full term in office.
(d) Neither father nor son served a second term in office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What measure did Henry Clay enlist Webster to help with?
2. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
3. What was the result of Webster's courageous stand in giving the Seventh of March speech?
4. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
5. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)