|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Quincey Adams' mother was fond of saying John had been groomed to do what?
(a) Uphold the American legal system.
(b) Become a Puritan minister.
(c) Become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
(d) Write great books.
2. What was the dichotomy concerning John Quincey Adams' father?
(a) Adams had raised his son to do what he believed to be right and that meant opposing his father.
(b) Adams was a stern father but a political liberal.
(c) Adams raised his son to always do as his father did regardless of what he thought personally.
(d) Adams was not religious but his son, John Quincey, was a devout Puritan.
3. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
(a) His family.
(b) His god.
(c) His people.
(d) His party.
4. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
(a) His uncompromising religion.
(b) His willingness to change positions when expedient.
(c) His superior attitude toward other politician.
(d) His ability to manipulate his father.
5. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
(a) Disillusionment of his party when he broke with them and voted with Jefferson.
(b) He was forced to change political parties and lose his seniority.
(c) His mother becaue distraught that her son and husband did not agree.
(d) He lost his political influence for many months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What questionable arrangement kept Webster in the Senate when he was about to resign?
2. What was the result of Webster's courageous stand in giving the Seventh of March speech?
3. What Webster speech in the Senate became known by the date it was given?
4. What do the subject of PROFILES IN COURAGE all have in common?
5. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)