|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first son of a former president to become president of the U.S.?
(a) John Quincey Adams.
(b) Geroge Washington Carver.
(c) Thomas Alva Edison.
(d) Andrew Jefferson.
2. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
(a) The way to go is to make your own decisions.
(b) Follow the yellow brick road.
(c) Listen and do what the majority are doing.
(d) The way to get along is to go along.
3. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
(a) He never married his childhood sweetheart.
(b) He never traveled abroad.
(c) He never couold live up to his mother's expectations.
(d) He never felt he had accomplished enough.
4. What metaphoric comparison does Kennedy make to John Quincey Adams' Puritanism?
(a) A conflict of interests.
(b) Kennedy's Catholicism.
(c) A mighty ship in a storm.
(d) The east coast, craggy, rocky, somber and strong.
5. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
(a) How to tell if a man is honest.
(b) What courage actually is.
(c) The basic principles our country was founded on.
(d) Where to look for courage in a politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
2. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
3. Why was Webster a leader in the North prior to the Civil War?
4. For what conflict does Kennedy feel the most empathy?
5. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)