|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kennedy identify as the second pressure that prevents courageous deeds by elected officials.
(a) The need to get re-elected.
(b) The need to publish a book.
(c) The need to get more education.
(d) The need to travel the world.
2. In spite of John Quincey Adams' clarity and political courage, what life-long need did he have?
(a) A personal fortune so he was not dependent on the voters.
(b) The visible justification of God.
(c) The approval of his father and mother.
(d) Unwavering popularity among the people.
3. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
(a) His willingness to change positions when expedient.
(b) His ability to manipulate his father.
(c) His superior attitude toward other politician.
(d) His uncompromising religion.
4. What was the dichotomy concerning John Quincey Adams' father?
(a) Adams was a stern father but a political liberal.
(b) Adams had raised his son to do what he believed to be right and that meant opposing his father.
(c) Adams raised his son to always do as his father did regardless of what he thought personally.
(d) Adams was not religious but his son, John Quincey, was a devout Puritan.
5. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
(a) He never married his childhood sweetheart.
(b) He never couold live up to his mother's expectations.
(c) He never felt he had accomplished enough.
(d) He never traveled abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
2. Who suggested that Senators were vulgar demagogues?
3. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
4. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
5. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)