|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the subject of PROFILES IN COURAGE all have in common?
(a) They were all Democrats.
(b) They all lost elections and then won them the next time.
(c) They all served as U. S. Senators.
(d) They were all Republicans.
2. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
3. According to Kennedy, what makes it difficult to recognize courageous acts when they do occur?
(a) Self interest that only looks like courage.
(b) The secrecy of most courageous acts.
(c) Business concerns and the competition for attention from the public.
(d) Media bias one way or the other.
4. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(c) New York.
5. How does Kennedy characterize the difficult position of the elected official?
(a) Walking in the difficult landscape of being elected by constituents.
(b) Being alone in the desert.
(c) Not being able to care about doing a good job.
(d) Walking on the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a constant that an elected official must understand?
2. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
3. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
4. What does Kennedy suggest prevents a lot of people from acting courageously?
5. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)