|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor does Kennedy use to describe the relationship between the elected official and the electorate?
(a) A father-child relationship.
(b) A coach-team relationship.
(c) A lawyer-client relationship.
(d) A doctor-patient relationship.
2. Who suggested that Senators were vulgar demagogues?
(a) An ambassador.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A cabinet member.
3. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
(a) His party.
(b) His family.
(c) His god.
(d) His people.
4. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
(a) Neither father nor son served a second term in office.
(b) Both father and son served during wartime.
(c) Neither father nor son served out a full term in office.
(d) Both father and son served three terms in office.
5. What does Kennedy identify as the second pressure that prevents courageous deeds by elected officials.
(a) The need to publish a book.
(b) The need to travel the world.
(c) The need to get re-elected.
(d) The need to get more education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another difficult situation for an elected official besides the interests of the nation and those of the constituency?
2. In spite of John Quincey Adams' clarity and political courage, what life-long need did he have?
3. What is the first pressure of Americans that keeps them from acting courageously according to Kennedy?
4. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
5. What is Kennedy's third pressure that he feels is the most damaging?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)