|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the dichotomy concerning John Quincey Adams' father?
(a) Adams raised his son to always do as his father did regardless of what he thought personally.
(b) Adams was not religious but his son, John Quincey, was a devout Puritan.
(c) Adams had raised his son to do what he believed to be right and that meant opposing his father.
(d) Adams was a stern father but a political liberal.
2. Who suggested that Senators were vulgar demagogues?
(a) A cabinet member.
(b) An ambassador.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A reporter.
3. Kennedy sees as a weakness in John Quincey Adams an emotional attachment to whom?
(a) His parents and God.
(b) His religious congregational members.
(c) His college friends and professors.
(d) His wife and his mistress.
4. Who was the first son of a former president to become president of the U.S.?
(a) John Quincey Adams.
(b) Thomas Alva Edison.
(c) Andrew Jefferson.
(d) Geroge Washington Carver.
5. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
(a) How to tell if a man is honest.
(b) What courage actually is.
(c) Where to look for courage in a politician.
(d) The basic principles our country was founded on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
2. How does Kennedy characterize the difficult position of the elected official?
3. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
4. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
5. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)