|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
(a) His family.
(b) His party.
(c) His people.
(d) His god.
2. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
(a) Neither father nor son served out a full term in office.
(b) Both father and son served during wartime.
(c) Neither father nor son served a second term in office.
(d) Both father and son served three terms in office.
3. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
(a) Disillusionment of his party when he broke with them and voted with Jefferson.
(b) He was forced to change political parties and lose his seniority.
(c) His mother becaue distraught that her son and husband did not agree.
(d) He lost his political influence for many months.
4. John Quincey Adams' mother was fond of saying John had been groomed to do what?
(a) Become a Puritan minister.
(b) Uphold the American legal system.
(c) Become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
(d) Write great books.
5. For what conflict does Kennedy feel the most empathy?
(a) The conflict between political parties.
(b) The conflict between Congress and the Supreme Court.
(c) The conflict of constituency interest versus national interests.
(d) The conflict of special interests versus constituency interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
2. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
3. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
4. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
5. What is another difficult situation for an elected official besides the interests of the nation and those of the constituency?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)