|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
(a) His willingness to change positions when expedient.
(b) His ability to manipulate his father.
(c) His uncompromising religion.
(d) His superior attitude toward other politician.
2. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
3. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
(a) The way to go is to make your own decisions.
(b) The way to get along is to go along.
(c) Follow the yellow brick road.
(d) Listen and do what the majority are doing.
4. What metaphor does Kennedy use to describe the relationship between the elected official and the electorate?
(a) A coach-team relationship.
(b) A father-child relationship.
(c) A doctor-patient relationship.
(d) A lawyer-client relationship.
5. What does Kennedy suggest prevents a lot of people from acting courageously?
(a) Social and public pressures.
(b) Fear of the unknown.
(c) Not enough education about courage.
(d) Averice and greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
2. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
3. In spite of John Quincey Adams' clarity and political courage, what life-long need did he have?
4. John Quincey Adams' mother was fond of saying John had been groomed to do what?
5. What is Kennedy's third pressure that he feels is the most damaging?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)