|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first son of a former president to become president of the U.S.?
(a) Geroge Washington Carver.
(b) Andrew Jefferson.
(c) John Quincey Adams.
(d) Thomas Alva Edison.
2. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
3. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
(a) Not needing money to get their message across.
(b) Being articulate and able to sway the public.
(c) Being able to get medial coverage without a budget.
(d) Being watchdogs on everything the official does.
4. What does Kennedy suggest prevents a lot of people from acting courageously?
(a) Averice and greed.
(b) Not enough education about courage.
(c) Social and public pressures.
(d) Fear of the unknown.
5. What is another difficult situation for an elected official besides the interests of the nation and those of the constituency?
(a) Presidential arm twisting.
(b) Party pressure to vote the party line.
(c) National opinion polls.
(d) Political differences within the official's own family.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
2. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
3. What is a constant that an elected official must understand?
4. How does Kennedy characterize the difficult position of the elected official?
5. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)