|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
(a) More education than experience.
(b) More money than anyone else.
(c) Ignorance of the Washington politics.
(d) The confidence of coming from a strong political family.
2. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
(a) Follow the yellow brick road.
(b) Listen and do what the majority are doing.
(c) The way to get along is to go along.
(d) The way to go is to make your own decisions.
3. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
4. Whom did the Adams family say that the magistrate must serve?
(a) His people.
(b) His family.
(c) His party.
(d) His god.
5. What metaphoric comparison does Kennedy make to John Quincey Adams' Puritanism?
(a) A mighty ship in a storm.
(b) Kennedy's Catholicism.
(c) The east coast, craggy, rocky, somber and strong.
(d) A conflict of interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy identify as the second pressure that prevents courageous deeds by elected officials.
2. What is Kennedy's third pressure that he feels is the most damaging?
3. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
4. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
5. For what conflict does Kennedy feel the most empathy?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)