|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
2. What metaphoric comparison does Kennedy make to John Quincey Adams' Puritanism?
(a) A mighty ship in a storm.
(b) A conflict of interests.
(c) Kennedy's Catholicism.
(d) The east coast, craggy, rocky, somber and strong.
3. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
(a) Not needing money to get their message across.
(b) Being articulate and able to sway the public.
(c) Being watchdogs on everything the official does.
(d) Being able to get medial coverage without a budget.
4. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
(a) His mother becaue distraught that her son and husband did not agree.
(b) Disillusionment of his party when he broke with them and voted with Jefferson.
(c) He lost his political influence for many months.
(d) He was forced to change political parties and lose his seniority.
5. Who suggested that Senators were vulgar demagogues?
(a) An ambassador.
(b) A cabinet member.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kennedy's third pressure that he feels is the most damaging?
2. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
3. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
4. Who was the first son of a former president to become president of the U.S.?
5. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)