|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
2. What is Kennedy's third pressure that he feels is the most damaging?
(a) Making decisions when you do not have enough information to make good ones.
(b) Making decisions that will satisfy everyone in one way or another.
(c) Making decisions when to satisfy a constituancy will not be what is best for the nation.
(d) Making decisions when a fellow Senator or Congressman needs to get a pet project going.
3. What is the first pressure of Americans that keeps them from acting courageously according to Kennedy?
(a) The need to raise campaign money.
(b) The need to be well liked.
(c) The need to be different from other politicians.
(d) The need to be right all the time.
4. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
(a) What courage actually is.
(b) Where to look for courage in a politician.
(c) The basic principles our country was founded on.
(d) How to tell if a man is honest.
5. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
2. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
3. What does Kennedy suggest prevents a lot of people from acting courageously?
4. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
5. Besides appearing to be disloyal to his father when he aligned himself with Jefferson's politics, what other problem arose for John Quincey Adams?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)