|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
(a) He never couold live up to his mother's expectations.
(b) He never traveled abroad.
(c) He never felt he had accomplished enough.
(d) He never married his childhood sweetheart.
2. John Quincey Adams' mother was fond of saying John had been groomed to do what?
(a) Become a Puritan minister.
(b) Become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
(c) Uphold the American legal system.
(d) Write great books.
3. What does Kennedy suggest prevents a lot of people from acting courageously?
(a) Social and public pressures.
(b) Averice and greed.
(c) Not enough education about courage.
(d) Fear of the unknown.
4. What was the dichotomy concerning John Quincey Adams' father?
(a) Adams raised his son to always do as his father did regardless of what he thought personally.
(b) Adams was not religious but his son, John Quincey, was a devout Puritan.
(c) Adams was a stern father but a political liberal.
(d) Adams had raised his son to do what he believed to be right and that meant opposing his father.
5. How does Kennedy assess the failure of both Adams presidencies to produce second terms?
(a) Personalities that clased with everyone not of their religion.
(b) Poor choices for their cabinet members.
(c) Unwillingness to campaign for a second term in office.
(d) An unwillingness to compromise on mundane matters of politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a particular problem on occasion when the electorate presents a desire to the elected official?
2. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
3. Who suggested that Senators were vulgar demagogues?
4. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
5. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)