|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kennedy's third pressure that he feels is the most damaging?
(a) Making decisions when a fellow Senator or Congressman needs to get a pet project going.
(b) Making decisions that will satisfy everyone in one way or another.
(c) Making decisions when to satisfy a constituancy will not be what is best for the nation.
(d) Making decisions when you do not have enough information to make good ones.
2. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
(a) His hate and retribution against his enemies.
(b) Adams secret life of debauchery.
(c) Lapses in his Puritanical beliefs.
(d) Times of disappointment and hurt at loss of popularity.
3. Which of the following public offices did John Quincey Adams NOT hold?
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
4. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
(a) He never traveled abroad.
(b) He never felt he had accomplished enough.
(c) He never couold live up to his mother's expectations.
(d) He never married his childhood sweetheart.
5. How does Kennedy assess the failure of both Adams presidencies to produce second terms?
(a) Unwillingness to campaign for a second term in office.
(b) An unwillingness to compromise on mundane matters of politics.
(c) Personalities that clased with everyone not of their religion.
(d) Poor choices for their cabinet members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the example of some advice Kennedy received when he first became a Congressman?
2. John Quincey Adams' mother was fond of saying John had been groomed to do what?
3. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
4. In terms of service in office of both father and son, what similarity set them apart from presidents before and after them?
5. What metaphoric comparison does Kennedy make to John Quincey Adams' Puritanism?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)