|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kennedy sees as a weakness in John Quincey Adams an emotional attachment to whom?
(a) His wife and his mistress.
(b) His religious congregational members.
(c) His college friends and professors.
(d) His parents and God.
2. For what prestigious university did Adams once work as a professor?
3. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
(a) His superior attitude toward other politician.
(b) His uncompromising religion.
(c) His ability to manipulate his father.
(d) His willingness to change positions when expedient.
4. According to Kennedy, what makes it difficult to recognize courageous acts when they do occur?
(a) Business concerns and the competition for attention from the public.
(b) Media bias one way or the other.
(c) The secrecy of most courageous acts.
(d) Self interest that only looks like courage.
5. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
(a) Being articulate and able to sway the public.
(b) Being watchdogs on everything the official does.
(c) Being able to get medial coverage without a budget.
(d) Not needing money to get their message across.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
2. How does Kennedy characterize the difficult position of the elected official?
3. What advantage did John Quincey Adams have as a politician?
4. What metaphor does Kennedy use to describe the relationship between the elected official and the electorate?
5. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)