Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage do minority special interest groups have to influence elected officials?
(a) Being watchdogs on everything the official does.
(b) Being articulate and able to sway the public.
(c) Being able to get medial coverage without a budget.
(d) Not needing money to get their message across.
2. What questionable arrangement kept Webster in the Senate when he was about to resign?
(a) Webster was offered a bfribe which he nearly accepted.
(b) Businesses who benefited from his help paid off his debts so he could remain in the senate.
(c) Webster appointed his relatives to Senate jobs.
(d) Webster lied under oath in a Senate hearing.
3. What Webster speech in the Senate became known by the date it was given?
(a) The First of January speech.
(b) The Seventh of March speech.
(c) The Independence Day speech.
(d) The Christmas Day speech.
4. In PROFILES IN COURAGE, what does John F. Kennedy fear the American public has forgotten?
(a) How to tell if a man is honest.
(b) What courage actually is.
(c) The basic principles our country was founded on.
(d) Where to look for courage in a politician.
5. Kennedy sees as a weakness in John Quincey Adams an emotional attachment to whom?
(a) His college friends and professors.
(b) His wife and his mistress.
(c) His parents and God.
(d) His religious congregational members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was so strange about Henry Clay's enlisting Webster in his cause for compromise?
2. What metaphor does Kennedy use to describe the relationship between the elected official and the electorate?
3. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
4. What traits indicate that Adams suffered common human emotions?
5. Why was Webster a leader in the North prior to the Civil War?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)