Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kennedy characterize the difficult position of the elected official?
(a) Walking in the difficult landscape of being elected by constituents.
(b) Not being able to care about doing a good job.
(c) Walking on the moon.
(d) Being alone in the desert.
2. What leader who was at odds with Adams' father did John Quincey find himself agreeing with quite often?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
3. What trait of Adams ultimately caused him to suffer great disappointments?
(a) His uncompromising religion.
(b) His superior attitude toward other politician.
(c) His ability to manipulate his father.
(d) His willingness to change positions when expedient.
4. How did one reporter categorize elected officials?
(a) That people thought everything they said was untrue.
(b) That people elected them on their looks.
(c) That they needed to be good public speakers.
(d) That they were gluttons for mental punishment.
5. John Quincey Adams was a Senator from what state?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kennedy assess the failure of both Adams presidencies to produce second terms?
2. What is Kennedy's third pressure that he feels is the most damaging?
3. What is a particular problem on occasion when the electorate presents a desire to the elected official?
4. Who was the first son of a former president to become president of the U.S.?
5. Why was John Quincey Adams generally unhappy?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)