|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo intend to do after their play debuted?
2. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
3. From where do Max and Leo enter in act 2, scene 9?
4. What is on the other side of the sign the workman puts up in act 2, scene 3?
5. What is the state of the stage in act 2, scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each of these styles of comedy is used within The Producers:
3) Character comedy.
Essay Topic 2
How does Leo's character develop over the course of the play? What changes in him? What stays the same? Why does he change? Include in your answer points about his friendship with Max, the romance with Ulla, and how Leo left for Rio after their show did not flop.
Essay Topic 3
Mel Brooks introduces a few female characters who are mostly played for laughs: Ulla and Hold Me-Touch Me (as well as the other little old ladies). Is his treatment of these characters sexist? Why or why not? Points to consider:
1) How the male characters treat the female characters.
2) How the female characters view themselves.
3) The use of sex with these characters.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the text.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)