|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the dancers dressed in the act 2, scene 2 audition?
2. Who joins Max, Leo, and Ulla during act 2, scene 2?
3. Why are Max, Leo, and Franz pardoned by the governor while in prison during act 2, scene 8?
4. Where does the beginning of act 2, scene 8 take place?
5. Who is the only person who can take over for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One comedy style used heavily in this play is parody. Because of Max and Leo's poor producing of Springtime for Hitler (already a terrible script) and Roger's flamboyant portrayal of Hitler, the audiences believe that the show is meant to be comical parody. Discuss how this misconception happened. Include the former points and take into account the time period the play is meant to be set in. Cite specific examples from the script to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how each of these styles of comedy is used within The Producers:
3) Character comedy.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the significance of the author and the lead characters of The Producers being Jewish. Include the following:
Part 1) The treatment of Springtime for Hitler.
Part 2) Leo and Max's reactions to Franz.
Part 3) The irony of two Jewish men putting on a play about a sympathetic Hitler.
Part 4) The author's intentions in mocking Hitler and the Nazi party.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)