|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the musical Max is directing the prisoners in during act 2, scene 8?
2. What does Leo believe will prepare him for the uncertainty of love?
3. What is on the other side of the sign the workman puts up in act 2, scene 3?
4. Why does Franz want to shoot Max and Leo in act 2, scene 5?
5. Why is Max feeling hurt in act 2, scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) The significance of Roger hugging Ulla and not Carmen at curtain call.
2) The people who will be hurt by Max and Leo's scheme.
3) The rituals and singing that Max and Leo must do to appease Franz for the rights to his play.
Essay Topic 2
Franz Liebkind is a strange character for Jewish men such as Max and Leo to be associated. This essay will explore the character of Franz:
Part 1) How is Franz introduced? What is he wearing?
Part 2) What are his feelings about Hitler? What does he hope to accomplish with Springtime for Hitler?
Part 3) What are signs of his mental instability?
Part 4) How does Franz change throughout the course of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the significance of the author and the lead characters of The Producers being Jewish. Include the following:
Part 1) The treatment of Springtime for Hitler.
Part 2) Leo and Max's reactions to Franz.
Part 3) The irony of two Jewish men putting on a play about a sympathetic Hitler.
Part 4) The author's intentions in mocking Hitler and the Nazi party.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)