Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
2. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
3. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
4. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
The Producers is a musical comedy, meaning that there are several songs and dance sequences that take place throughout the show. Discuss the play as a musical. What does music add to the show? What does the show lose by being a musical? What are the defining qualities of a musical and how is it exemplified in The Producers? Does the show itself ever self-mock for being a musical? Cite specific examples from the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Mel Brooks introduces a few female characters who are mostly played for laughs: Ulla and Hold Me-Touch Me (as well as the other little old ladies). Is his treatment of these characters sexist? Why or why not? Points to consider:
1) How the male characters treat the female characters.
2) How the female characters view themselves.
3) The use of sex with these characters.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of irony in The Producers. Include the following points:
1) Max and Leo producing a show about Hitler.
2) How everyone sees Max as a hero for getting the money for the show.
3) Max and Leo's failure to produce a failed show.
Cite specific examples from the text to support your statements.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)