Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
2. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
3. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
4. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
Write an essay about the use of homosexuality in The Producers. Points to be considered include:
1) The characters of Roger DeBris and his production team.
2) Franz's objections to the gay men auditioning for the role of Hitler.
3) Roger's portrayal of Hitler.
4) The irony of several homosexuals working on a musical about Hitler.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
Discuss the themes of friendship and loyalty as seen in The Producers. What characters exemplify these themes? At what points is it particularly noticeable? Include a strong thesis and examples from the script to back up your statements.
Mel Brooks introduces a few female characters who are mostly played for laughs: Ulla and Hold Me-Touch Me (as well as the other little old ladies). Is his treatment of these characters sexist? Why or why not? Points to consider:
1) How the male characters treat the female characters.
2) How the female characters view themselves.
3) The use of sex with these characters.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the text.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)