Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
2. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
3. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
4. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
In the character of Ulla, the archetype of the "dumb blond" is brought into the show. However, in many ways, Ulla defies that particular stereotype. Write an essay about how Ulla manages to simultaneously embody the stereotype while being her own character.
Essay Topic 2
Max's morality is called severely into question several times throughout the play. Focus on the little old ladies and his treatment of them. Make a case that Max is a bad person for how he used them or that he was in a morally gray area because he gives them whatever they want.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the use of homosexuality in The Producers. Points to be considered include:
1) The characters of Roger DeBris and his production team.
2) Franz's objections to the gay men auditioning for the role of Hitler.
3) Roger's portrayal of Hitler.
4) The irony of several homosexuals working on a musical about Hitler.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)