Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
2. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
3. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
4. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the significance of the author and the lead characters of The Producers being Jewish. Include the following:
Part 1) The treatment of Springtime for Hitler.
Part 2) Leo and Max's reactions to Franz.
Part 3) The irony of two Jewish men putting on a play about a sympathetic Hitler.
Part 4) The author's intentions in mocking Hitler and the Nazi party.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Franz Liebkind is a strange character for Jewish men such as Max and Leo to be associated. This essay will explore the character of Franz:
Part 1) How is Franz introduced? What is he wearing?
Part 2) What are his feelings about Hitler? What does he hope to accomplish with Springtime for Hitler?
Part 3) What are signs of his mental instability?
Part 4) How does Franz change throughout the course of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following topics to write about:
1) Use of wordplay in Ulla's character.
2) The stereotypes of the gay community during the scene at Roger's apartment.
3) Theatrical superstition in the script.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)