|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
2. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
3. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
4. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Franz Liebkind is a strange character for Jewish men such as Max and Leo to be associated. This essay will explore the character of Franz:
Part 1) How is Franz introduced? What is he wearing?
Part 2) What are his feelings about Hitler? What does he hope to accomplish with Springtime for Hitler?
Part 3) What are signs of his mental instability?
Part 4) How does Franz change throughout the course of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of irony in The Producers. Include the following points:
1) Max and Leo producing a show about Hitler.
2) How everyone sees Max as a hero for getting the money for the show.
3) Max and Leo's failure to produce a failed show.
Cite specific examples from the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the significance of the author and the lead characters of The Producers being Jewish. Include the following:
Part 1) The treatment of Springtime for Hitler.
Part 2) Leo and Max's reactions to Franz.
Part 3) The irony of two Jewish men putting on a play about a sympathetic Hitler.
Part 4) The author's intentions in mocking Hitler and the Nazi party.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)