|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Max taken at the end of act 2, scene 5?
2. How is the off-stage action with Franz noted on stage in act 2, scene 3?
3. Why is Max feeling hurt in act 2, scene 6?
4. What happens when Franz runs backstage when act 2, scene 3?
5. How are the dancers dressed in the act 2, scene 2 audition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the author of this play able to use a musical such as Springtime for Hitler? Why is he able to make it funny? What are the intentions of the author in turning the musical within a musical into a joke?
Essay Topic 2
Max and Leo are the center of The Producers, particularly the evolution of their friendship and how it changes them. Cite specific examples from the script.
Part 1) Compare and contrast Max and Leo. How are the men similar? How are they different?
Part 2) How does Max and Leo change over the course of the play? Do they change each other? How is this known?
Part 3) How does Leo's abandonment of Max test their friendship? Why Leo leave him?
Part 4) What do each of men teach each other? Do they emerge from their ordeal better people?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the use of homosexuality in The Producers. Points to be considered include:
1) The characters of Roger DeBris and his production team.
2) Franz's objections to the gay men auditioning for the role of Hitler.
3) Roger's portrayal of Hitler.
4) The irony of several homosexuals working on a musical about Hitler.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)