Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
2. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
3. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
4. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of irony in The Producers. Include the following points:
1) Max and Leo producing a show about Hitler.
2) How everyone sees Max as a hero for getting the money for the show.
3) Max and Leo's failure to produce a failed show.
Cite specific examples from the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how each of these styles of comedy is used within The Producers:
3) Character comedy.
Essay Topic 3
Another theme of The Producers is in redemption. How does Max seek redemption throughout the play? How does Leo find redemption? How does Franz attempt to do this for Hitler? What other characters are seeking to redeem themselves in this show? What is the playwright's intent by having all these characters come together? Do they succeed? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)