|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Max feeling hurt in act 2, scene 6?
2. Who is the only person who can take over for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
3. What song do Roger, Carmen, and Franz sing to Leo in act 2, scene 3?
4. What happens to Max and Leo at the end of act 2, scene 7?
5. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each of these styles of comedy is used within The Producers:
3) Character comedy.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the use of homosexuality in The Producers. Points to be considered include:
1) The characters of Roger DeBris and his production team.
2) Franz's objections to the gay men auditioning for the role of Hitler.
3) Roger's portrayal of Hitler.
4) The irony of several homosexuals working on a musical about Hitler.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
How does Leo's character develop over the course of the play? What changes in him? What stays the same? Why does he change? Include in your answer points about his friendship with Max, the romance with Ulla, and how Leo left for Rio after their show did not flop.
This section contains 1,449 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)