|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Max taken at the end of act 2, scene 5?
2. What formation does the goose-stepping, storm trooper chorus form during the big dance sequence in Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 3?
3. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
4. Why is Max angry at Roger in act 2, scene 5?
5. In act 2, scene 2, for which character in Springtime for Hitler are all the actors onstage auditioning?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the use of homosexuality in The Producers. Points to be considered include:
1) The characters of Roger DeBris and his production team.
2) Franz's objections to the gay men auditioning for the role of Hitler.
3) Roger's portrayal of Hitler.
4) The irony of several homosexuals working on a musical about Hitler.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
In the character of Ulla, the archetype of the "dumb blond" is brought into the show. However, in many ways, Ulla defies that particular stereotype. Write an essay about how Ulla manages to simultaneously embody the stereotype while being her own character.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) The significance of Roger hugging Ulla and not Carmen at curtain call.
2) The people who will be hurt by Max and Leo's scheme.
3) The rituals and singing that Max and Leo must do to appease Franz for the rights to his play.
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)