|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the men are pardoned in act 2, scene 8?
2. What day is it at the beginning of act 2, scene 3?
3. What is Leo's reaction to Ulla when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
4. Who is the only person who can take over for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
5. What is Ulla's role in the Springtime for Hitler as seen in act 2, scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franz Liebkind is a strange character for Jewish men such as Max and Leo to be associated. This essay will explore the character of Franz:
Part 1) How is Franz introduced? What is he wearing?
Part 2) What are his feelings about Hitler? What does he hope to accomplish with Springtime for Hitler?
Part 3) What are signs of his mental instability?
Part 4) How does Franz change throughout the course of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how each of these styles of comedy is used within The Producers:
3) Character comedy.
Essay Topic 3
How does Leo's character develop over the course of the play? What changes in him? What stays the same? Why does he change? Include in your answer points about his friendship with Max, the romance with Ulla, and how Leo left for Rio after their show did not flop.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)