|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Max and Leo wearing in act 2, scene 9?
2. What formation does the goose-stepping, storm trooper chorus form during the big dance sequence in Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 3?
3. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
4. What historical character is NOT part of Springtime for Hitler?
5. Who is directing the dancers in their audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the character of Ulla, the archetype of the "dumb blond" is brought into the show. However, in many ways, Ulla defies that particular stereotype. Write an essay about how Ulla manages to simultaneously embody the stereotype while being her own character.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) The significance of Roger hugging Ulla and not Carmen at curtain call.
2) The people who will be hurt by Max and Leo's scheme.
3) The rituals and singing that Max and Leo must do to appease Franz for the rights to his play.
Essay Topic 3
Franz Liebkind is a strange character for Jewish men such as Max and Leo to be associated. This essay will explore the character of Franz:
Part 1) How is Franz introduced? What is he wearing?
Part 2) What are his feelings about Hitler? What does he hope to accomplish with Springtime for Hitler?
Part 3) What are signs of his mental instability?
Part 4) How does Franz change throughout the course of the play?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)