|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the producers realize they do not have for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
2. What is the state of the stage in act 2, scene 2?
3. What apparently happened to Leo and Ulla in Rio?
4. What happens to Max and Leo at the end of act 2, scene 7?
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) The significance of Roger hugging Ulla and not Carmen at curtain call.
2) The people who will be hurt by Max and Leo's scheme.
3) The rituals and singing that Max and Leo must do to appease Franz for the rights to his play.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the significance of the author and the lead characters of The Producers being Jewish. Include the following:
Part 1) The treatment of Springtime for Hitler.
Part 2) Leo and Max's reactions to Franz.
Part 3) The irony of two Jewish men putting on a play about a sympathetic Hitler.
Part 4) The author's intentions in mocking Hitler and the Nazi party.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how each of these styles of comedy is used within The Producers:
3) Character comedy.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)