Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
2. How does act 1, scene 3 end?
3. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
4. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
5. What time is it at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the old ladies doing in act 1, scene 9 and what is their song about?
2. Why does Roger end up playing Hitler?
3. What is significant about Leo dropping his blue blanket in act 2, scene 1?
4. In the beginning of the musical, what has happened to Bialystock's latest production and why?
5. How does Act 1 end?
6. Who is Hold-Me Touch-Me?
7. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
8. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
9. What is the theatrical superstition detailed in act 2, scene 3?
10. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following topics to write about:
1) Use of wordplay in Ulla's character.
2) The stereotypes of the gay community during the scene at Roger's apartment.
3) Theatrical superstition in the script.
Essay Topic 2
The Producers is a musical comedy, meaning that there are several songs and dance sequences that take place throughout the show. Discuss the play as a musical. What does music add to the show? What does the show lose by being a musical? What are the defining qualities of a musical and how is it exemplified in The Producers? Does the show itself ever self-mock for being a musical? Cite specific examples from the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of irony in The Producers. Include the following points:
1) Max and Leo producing a show about Hitler.
2) How everyone sees Max as a hero for getting the money for the show.
3) Max and Leo's failure to produce a failed show.
Cite specific examples from the text to support your statements.
This section contains 2,022 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)