Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
2. How does act 1, scene 3 end?
3. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
4. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
5. What time is it at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the old ladies doing in act 1, scene 9 and what is their song about?
2. Why does Roger end up playing Hitler?
3. What is significant about Leo dropping his blue blanket in act 2, scene 1?
4. In the beginning of the musical, what has happened to Bialystock's latest production and why?
5. How does Act 1 end?
6. Who is Hold-Me Touch-Me?
7. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
8. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
9. What is the theatrical superstition detailed in act 2, scene 3?
10. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each of these styles of comedy is used within The Producers:
3) Character comedy.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following topics to write about:
1) Use of wordplay in Ulla's character.
2) The stereotypes of the gay community during the scene at Roger's apartment.
3) Theatrical superstition in the script.
Essay Topic 3
Describe, in detail, the behind-the-scenes and on-stage production of Springtime for Hitler. Include the following:
1) The differences of Franz, Roger, and Max's visions of the play.
2) Roger's portrayal of Hitler.
3) Ulla's role in the play.
4) German stereotypes and cliches.
5) The outcome of the performance.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)