|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
2. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
3. What does Franz sing about to his pigeons?
4. Why does Max allow the woman to audition ahead of time?
5. What does Max put on before he and Leo leave the office in act 1, scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
2. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
3. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
4. How does Leo end up coming to Max's defense in the courtroom?
5. What are the first impressions given of Franz?
6. In the beginning of the musical, what has happened to Bialystock's latest production and why?
7. What is Leo's analysis of the possibility of going to jail?
8. How is Leo atypical from the other accountants?
9. What is significant about Max's gift to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
10. What is the theatrical superstition detailed in act 2, scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each of these styles of comedy is used within The Producers:
3) Character comedy.
Essay Topic 2
Another theme of The Producers is in redemption. How does Max seek redemption throughout the play? How does Leo find redemption? How does Franz attempt to do this for Hitler? What other characters are seeking to redeem themselves in this show? What is the playwright's intent by having all these characters come together? Do they succeed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Franz Liebkind is a strange character for Jewish men such as Max and Leo to be associated. This essay will explore the character of Franz:
Part 1) How is Franz introduced? What is he wearing?
Part 2) What are his feelings about Hitler? What does he hope to accomplish with Springtime for Hitler?
Part 3) What are signs of his mental instability?
Part 4) How does Franz change throughout the course of the play?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)