|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leo nearly lose his temper while singing with Franz?
2. What does Max yell out the window to the woman outside in act 1, scene 2?
3. What are Leo's feelings about his life in act 1, scene 4?
4. In act 1, scene 9, who does Max push on a swing until she gives him a check?
5. In what event will Max approve Leo's request in act 1, scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Roger not hug Carmen at the end of the musical within a musical?
2. Describe Roger's production team.
3. What is Max's job and his history with show business?
4. Why is Leo disgusted by the script Max chooses?
5. What is Franz's mission with his script?
6. How do Max and Leo convince Roger to direct Springtime for Hitler?
7. How do Max, Leo, and Franz get pardoned?
8. How are the auditions run for Springtime for Hitler?
9. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
10. What are the first impressions given of Franz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following topics to write about:
1) Use of wordplay in Ulla's character.
2) The stereotypes of the gay community during the scene at Roger's apartment.
3) Theatrical superstition in the script.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of friendship and loyalty as seen in The Producers. What characters exemplify these themes? At what points is it particularly noticeable? Include a strong thesis and examples from the script to back up your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
1) The significance of Roger hugging Ulla and not Carmen at curtain call.
2) The people who will be hurt by Max and Leo's scheme.
3) The rituals and singing that Max and Leo must do to appease Franz for the rights to his play.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)