|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
2. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
3. What does Franz deny being a member of?
4. Why is Roger dressed the way he is in act 1, scene 7?
5. What song do Roger and his team sing in act 1, scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Max, Leo, and Franz get pardoned?
2. What is significant about Ulla's entrance in act 2, scene 3?
3. What are the old ladies doing in act 1, scene 9 and what is their song about?
4. Why does Franz threaten to shoot Max and Leo?
5. Why does Max need Leo's help?
6. What is Leo's analysis of the possibility of going to jail?
7. Describe the production of Springtime for Hitler.
8. What is Max's job and his history with show business?
9. How is Leo's neuroses shown in act 1, scene 2?
10. Why must Roger not hug Carmen at the end of the musical within a musical?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the use of homosexuality in The Producers. Points to be considered include:
1) The characters of Roger DeBris and his production team.
2) Franz's objections to the gay men auditioning for the role of Hitler.
3) Roger's portrayal of Hitler.
4) The irony of several homosexuals working on a musical about Hitler.
Create a strong thesis and cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Max's morality is called severely into question several times throughout the play. Focus on the little old ladies and his treatment of them. Make a case that Max is a bad person for how he used them or that he was in a morally gray area because he gives them whatever they want.
Essay Topic 3
Franz Liebkind is a strange character for Jewish men such as Max and Leo to be associated. This essay will explore the character of Franz:
Part 1) How is Franz introduced? What is he wearing?
Part 2) What are his feelings about Hitler? What does he hope to accomplish with Springtime for Hitler?
Part 3) What are signs of his mental instability?
Part 4) How does Franz change throughout the course of the play?
This section contains 2,069 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)