|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
(a) Get married.
(b) Find a friend.
(c) Leave show business.
(d) End his losing streak.
2. What is the name of the show that has opened and closed in the same night in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
(b) My Eyes, My Eyes.
(c) Funny Boy.
3. What is the final hook that Max uses to pull Roger into his project?
(a) He mentions that Roger might meet Ethel Merman at the premiere.
(b) He mentions that Carmen Ghia can play the lead.
(c) He mentions that Franz is single.
(d) He mentions that Roger might win a Tony.
4. Before she starts singing in act 1, scene 8, what does Ulla claim as inspiration for her song?
(a) It is a traditional Swedish folk song.
(b) She watched a man dancing in the streets.
(c) A man yelled at her from an office window the day before.
(d) It makes her feel confident.
5. What is the first piece of music heard in this show?
(a) "Springtime for Hitler."
(b) The overture.
(c) The entr'acte.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leo nearly lose his temper while singing with Franz?
2. How much of a discrepancy is there in Max's books for his last show?
3. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
4. Where does act 1, scene 2 take place?
5. What was Max once considered prior to this show?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the auditions run for Springtime for Hitler?
2. What is significant about Max and Leo staying up all night in act 1, scene 5?
3. How do Max and Leo convince Roger to direct Springtime for Hitler?
4. Why is Leo disgusted by the script Max chooses?
5. Why does Max cast Franz to play Hitler?
6. Why do Max and Leo approach Roger DeBris to direct the play?
7. How has Ulla transformed Max and Leo's office, and what does it signify?
8. What does it mean that Franz's only preparation for the show is to put on a Hitler mustache?
9. What are the old ladies doing in act 1, scene 9 and what is their song about?
10. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)