|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is NOT singing about Max and Leo at the end of act 1, scene 9?
(c) Mr. Marks.
2. What does Franz deny being a member of?
(a) The pacifists in Switzerland.
(b) The Communist party.
(c) The Nazi party.
(d) The Fascists in Italy.
3. What firm does Leo Bloom work for?
(a) Whitechapel and Franks.
(b) Holmes and Franklin.
(c) Whitehall and Max.
(d) Whitehall and Marks.
4. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Done right, a producer could make a lot of money on a bad show.
(b) A revival of a musical could save money.
(c) A producer could double his profit off-Broadway.
(d) A bad show could bankrupt the investors.
5. What is Max Bialystock's profession?
(a) Broadway director.
(b) Broadway choreographer.
(c) Broadway producer.
(d) Broadway actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers the door at Roger's apartment in act 1, scene 7?
2. What does Max call his benefactress who visits him in act 1, scene 2?
3. What do Leo and the other accountants sing about?
4. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
5. What type of a play is The Producers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Max propose to go about his new idea?
2. Describe the production of Springtime for Hitler.
3. Why are Max and Leo in shock in act 2, scene 5?
4. Why is Leo disgusted by the script Max chooses?
5. Describe Roger's production team.
6. What does Max sum up about the author of Springtime for Hitler?
7. What are the old ladies doing in act 1, scene 9 and what is their song about?
8. How does Leo act around Ulla in act 2, scene 1?
9. How does Franz react to the people auditioning for the play?
10. Why does Franz threaten to shoot Max and Leo?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)