|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo tell his boss at the end of act 1, scene 3?
(a) He wants to take a leave of absence.
(b) He wants to thank him for his help in his career.
(c) He quits.
(d) He wants to be promoted.
2. What firm does Leo Bloom work for?
(a) Whitehall and Marks.
(b) Holmes and Franklin.
(c) Whitechapel and Franks.
(d) Whitehall and Max.
3. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
4. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) A ticking clock is heard.
(b) Max starts to laugh.
(c) Leo screams in terror.
(d) Jazz music begins to play.
5. How much money does Max say they need for their plan to work?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) Five million dollars.
(c) Three million dollars.
(d) Two hundred thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
2. What does Franz sing about to his pigeons?
3. Who is NOT one of the three old ladies in the beginning of act 1, scene 9?
4. How old is Bialystock?
5. What is the first piece of music heard in this show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the old ladies doing in act 1, scene 9 and what is their song about?
2. How does Max propose to go about his new idea?
3. How does Act 1 end?
4. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
5. What wordplay is being used to comical affect with Ulla?
6. What is the point of having Franz talk to pigeons?
7. What is significant about Leo being chastised for being six minutes late?
8. What does it mean that Franz's only preparation for the show is to put on a Hitler mustache?
9. Why does Roger end up playing Hitler?
10. How are the auditions run for Springtime for Hitler?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)