|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game must Max play with Hold Me-Touch Me in act 1, scene 9?
(a) "The Swedish MilkMaid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
(b) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hung Great Dane."
(c) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
(d) "The Ant and the Spider."
2. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
3. When scene one begins, what time is it?
(a) 12:00 AM.
(b) 8:00 PM.
(c) 10:30 PM.
(d) 5:00 PM.
4. What is Max Bialystock's profession?
(a) Broadway director.
(b) Broadway actor.
(c) Broadway choreographer.
(d) Broadway producer.
5. What are Leo's feelings about his life in act 1, scene 4?
(a) It is his turn for some good fortune.
(b) He will always be a failure.
(c) He is afraid that karma will find him for his good fortune.
(d) He has a good, satisfying life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
2. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
3. What does Leo give his boss at the end of act 1, scene 3?
4. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
5. What song does the doorbell at Roger's apartment play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Roger's production team.
2. Describe what happens on-stage after Max, Leo, and Franz are pardoned.
3. How is Max responsible for Leo's absence in act 2, scene 6?
4. What are the first impressions given of Franz?
5. Who is Hold-Me Touch-Me?
6. How does Act 1 end?
7. Why does Roger end up playing Hitler?
8. Why does Max need Leo's help?
9. Why does Max cast Franz to play Hitler?
10. How does Franz react to the people auditioning for the play?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)