|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Leo coming from in the beginning of act1, scene 4?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The store.
(c) His office.
(d) The bar.
2. In what position does Leo find Max in act 1, scene 4?
(a) Standing on his desk.
(c) Lying on the floor.
(d) Crouched on the chair.
3. What type of a play is The Producers?
(d) Shakespearean comedy.
4. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) My Life In The Socialist Party.
(b) A Story of Forbidden Love.
(c) A Gay Fantasia on National Themes.
(d) A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden.
5. What song do Roger and his team sing in act 1, scene 7?
(a) "Keep It Gay."
(b) "All You Need is a Jew."
(c) "The Song That Goes Like This."
(d) "Make 'em Laugh."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in act 1, scene 9 due to Max's actions with the ladies?
2. According to Leo, what could not possibly compare to going to jail?
3. Who makes up the chorus in the main song in act 1, scene 9?
4. In Leo's fantasy in act 1, scene 3, what is glowing on the marquee?
5. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened throughout the day that forces Leo to quit his job?
2. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
3. What is the theatrical superstition detailed in act 2, scene 3?
4. What is the point of having Franz talk to pigeons?
5. Describe the production of Springtime for Hitler.
6. What is significant about Leo being chastised for being six minutes late?
7. How does Franz react to the people auditioning for the play?
8. In the beginning of the musical, what has happened to Bialystock's latest production and why?
9. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
10. What effects are used at the end of act 1, scene 4, and why?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)