|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Max and Leo take the oath when Franz is not looking?
(a) They lower their arms.
(b) They cross their fingers.
(c) They stick out their middle fingers.
(d) They switch hands.
2. Why does Roger initially refuse to direct the musical?
(a) He does not want to deal with any Germans.
(b) The topic offends him.
(c) He is afraid that he has lost his touch.
(d) He thinks the war matter is too depressing.
3. How does Max plan to raise the money needed for the play?
(a) Having people pay money to watch Ulla dance.
(b) Sexual favors to rich old ladies.
(c) Robbing his sponsors.
(d) Renting Leo out as an accountant and errand boy.
4. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden.
(b) A Story of Forbidden Love.
(c) A Gay Fantasia on National Themes.
(d) My Life In The Socialist Party.
5. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
(a) Marks walks back into the room.
(b) Whitehall offers him a drink.
(c) Max begs him for his help.
(d) The cleaning lady knocks his file over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What firm does Leo Bloom work for?
2. What theater is the backdrop of the end of act 1, scene 9?
3. How does Leo escape his dismal mood in act 1, scene 3?
4. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
5. What happens when that causes Leo to end up in the fetal position in act 1, scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Leo disgusted by the script Max chooses?
2. What must Leo and Max do in order to secure the rights for Springtime for Hitler?
3. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
4. What are the first impressions given of Franz?
5. What is significant about Max's gift to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
6. What is significant about the references to homosexuality in act 2, scene 2?
7. What is significant about Max and Leo staying up all night in act 1, scene 5?
8. Why is Max kneeling in the beginning of act 1, scene 4?
9. How do Max and Leo convince Roger to direct Springtime for Hitler?
10. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)