|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Max once considered prior to this show?
(a) The Producer King.
(b) The King of Stage.
(c) The King of Broadway.
(d) The Producer's Producer.
2. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Done right, a producer could make a lot of money on a bad show.
(b) A revival of a musical could save money.
(c) A producer could double his profit off-Broadway.
(d) A bad show could bankrupt the investors.
3. Before she starts singing in act 1, scene 8, what does Ulla claim as inspiration for her song?
(a) It is a traditional Swedish folk song.
(b) She watched a man dancing in the streets.
(c) It makes her feel confident.
(d) A man yelled at her from an office window the day before.
4. To whom do Max and Leo swear their allegiance, per the oath with Franz?
(a) Eva Braun.
(b) Adolph Elizabeth Hitler.
(c) Heinreich Braun.
(d) Franz Lorre.
5. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
(a) His boss found out about his creative book-keeping for Max.
(b) He did not show up for work that morning.
(c) He did not drop Max as a client.
(d) He is six minutes late.
Short Answer Questions
1. When scene one begins, what time is it?
2. What does Max yell out the window to the woman outside in act 1, scene 2?
3. Who is Leo's boss at his accounting firm?
4. What firm does Leo Bloom work for?
5. According to the three old ladies in act 1, scene 9, what do they really want in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roger end up playing Hitler?
2. What is significant about Ulla's entrance in act 2, scene 3?
3. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
4. How does Leo end up coming to Max's defense in the courtroom?
5. What wordplay is being used to comical affect with Ulla?
6. What is significant about the Homburg-style hat?
7. What is hurting Max the most in act 2, scene 7?
8. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
9. How does Leo act around Ulla in act 2, scene 1?
10. Describe the production of Springtime for Hitler.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)