|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
2. How does act 1, scene 3 end?
(a) Leo runs to Max's office.
(b) The chorus girls surround Leo as his name shines from a marquee.
(c) Leo tap dances on the accountants' desks.
(d) Leo sings the breakout song of the show he wants to direct.
3. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
(a) Marks walks back into the room.
(b) The cleaning lady knocks his file over.
(c) Max begs him for his help.
(d) Whitehall offers him a drink.
4. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
(c) Signed contracts.
5. What time is it at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Max plan to raise the money needed for the play?
2. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
3. How old is Bialystock?
4. What happens in act 1, scene 9 due to Max's actions with the ladies?
5. Who is Roger hoping to look like for the evening's event in act 1, scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the old ladies doing in act 1, scene 9 and what is their song about?
2. Why does Roger end up playing Hitler?
3. What is significant about Leo dropping his blue blanket in act 2, scene 1?
4. In the beginning of the musical, what has happened to Bialystock's latest production and why?
5. How does Act 1 end?
6. Who is Hold-Me Touch-Me?
7. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
8. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
9. What is the theatrical superstition detailed in act 2, scene 3?
10. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)