|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Max hoping to find in act 1, scene 5?
(a) An atrocious script.
(b) Shakespeare's lost work.
(c) The next big hit.
(d) A mediocre play he can workshop.
2. What time is it at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
3. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
4. How does Leo feel about the play Max finds?
(a) He thinks it is boring.
(b) He thinks it is hilarious.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He actually finds it to be brilliant.
5. How does Max plan to raise the money needed for the play?
(a) Renting Leo out as an accountant and errand boy.
(b) Sexual favors to rich old ladies.
(c) Having people pay money to watch Ulla dance.
(d) Robbing his sponsors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roger dressed the way he is in act 1, scene 7?
2. What happens during Leo's fantasy sequence?
3. How do Max and Leo take the oath when Franz is not looking?
4. Who appears out of the cupboards in Leo's office during his fantasy in act 1, scene 3?
5. What year is it as the play begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Max's gift to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
2. What is Leo's analysis of the possibility of going to jail?
3. Why does Franz threaten to shoot Max and Leo?
4. How is Max responsible for Leo's absence in act 2, scene 6?
5. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
6. What is Franz's mission with his script?
7. What has happened throughout the day that forces Leo to quit his job?
8. What is hurting Max the most in act 2, scene 7?
9. What is significant about Leo being chastised for being six minutes late?
10. How does Max propose to go about his new idea?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)