|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger feel about the script for Springtime for Hitler?
(a) He think it is too edgy.
(b) He thinks it could use a rewrite.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He loves it.
2. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
(a) A revival of a musical could save money.
(b) A producer could double his profit off-Broadway.
(c) Done right, a producer could make a lot of money on a bad show.
(d) A bad show could bankrupt the investors.
3. How much money does Max say they need for their plan to work?
(a) Five million dollars.
(b) Three million dollars.
(c) Two million dollars.
(d) Two hundred thousand dollars.
4. What is the first piece of music heard in this show?
(a) The overture.
(c) "Springtime for Hitler."
(d) The entr'acte.
5. What is the name of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) We All Live on a German Submarine.
(b) Springtime for Hitler.
(c) Das Boot.
(d) Eva's Garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the show that has opened and closed in the same night in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. In what event will Max approve Leo's request in act 1, scene 5?
3. Where does Leo go in act 1, scene 4?
4. What does Leo give his boss at the end of act 1, scene 3?
5. Who makes up Roger's team (the chorus) in the song in act 1, scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ulla?
2. How do Max and Leo convince Roger to direct Springtime for Hitler?
3. Why does Max need Leo's help?
4. What must Leo and Max do in order to secure the rights for Springtime for Hitler?
5. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
6. Who is Hold-Me Touch-Me?
7. Why do Max and Leo approach Roger DeBris to direct the play?
8. How is Max's treatment of the old ladies different from how everyone views him at the end of the act?
9. How is Leo atypical from the other accountants?
10. Why is Leo absent in act 2, scene 6?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)