|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the show that has opened and closed in the same night in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Funny Boy.
(c) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
(d) My Eyes, My Eyes.
2. What does Leo tell his boss at the end of act 1, scene 3?
(a) He wants to thank him for his help in his career.
(b) He wants to take a leave of absence.
(c) He quits.
(d) He wants to be promoted.
3. What oath must Leo and Max take when they meet Franz?
(a) The Socialistic Siefriedic Oath of Solemnity.
(b) The Siegfried Oath.
(c) The Mein Daman Oath.
(d) The Hitler Oath.
4. Why is Roger dressed the way he is in act 1, scene 7?
(a) He is going to the Choreographer's Ball.
(b) He is going to a Japanese festival.
(c) He is going to a ball for experimental, abstract costumers.
(d) He is going to Oktoberfest.
5. Who makes up Roger's team (the chorus) in the song in act 1, scene 7?
(a) Cleaning ladies.
(b) Glitzy chorus girls.
(d) Men dressed as Leo and Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max allow the woman to audition ahead of time?
2. Why does Roger initially refuse to direct the musical?
3. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
4. What year is it as the play begins?
5. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roger end up playing Hitler?
2. What is the theatrical superstition detailed in act 2, scene 3?
3. How has Ulla transformed Max and Leo's office, and what does it signify?
4. Why do Max and Leo approach Roger DeBris to direct the play?
5. What is the point of having Franz talk to pigeons?
6. How does Act 1 end?
7. How do Max, Leo, and Franz get pardoned?
8. What is significant about the Homburg-style hat?
9. What must Leo and Max do in order to secure the rights for Springtime for Hitler?
10. What is significant about Max and Leo staying up all night in act 1, scene 5?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)