|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Roger hoping to look like for the evening's event in act 1, scene 7?
(a) Ethel Merman.
(b) Madame Butterfly.
(c) Franz Liebkind.
(d) Grand Duchess Anastasia.
2. Who arrives at Max and Leo's office to audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 1, scene 8?
(a) A beautiful English girl.
(b) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(c) A beautiful, Swedish lady.
(d) An elderly, German lady.
3. Where does Leo go in act 1, scene 4?
(a) Leo's house.
(b) Max's office.
(c) A theater.
(d) The bar.
4. What year is it as the play begins?
5. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
2. Why does Max allow the woman to audition ahead of time?
3. What is Roger wearing when he first meets with Max and Leo?
4. What is Max's idea at the end of act 1, scene 2?
5. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the references to homosexuality in act 2, scene 2?
2. What is significant about Max's gift to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
3. What is significant about Ulla's entrance in act 2, scene 3?
4. How do Max, Leo, and Franz get pardoned?
5. Describe what happens on-stage after Max, Leo, and Franz are pardoned.
6. Describe the production of Springtime for Hitler.
7. What must Leo and Max do in order to secure the rights for Springtime for Hitler?
8. What is Max's job and his history with show business?
9. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
10. Why must Roger not hug Carmen at the end of the musical within a musical?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)