|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Max's benefactress in act 1, scene 2 like to play?
(a) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hunt Great Dane."
(b) "The Virgin Milk Maid and the Well-Hung Stable Boy."
(c) "The Swedish Milk Maid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
(d) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
2. Why does Roger initially refuse to direct the musical?
(a) He thinks the war matter is too depressing.
(b) He does not want to deal with any Germans.
(c) The topic offends him.
(d) He is afraid that he has lost his touch.
3. What does Franz deny being a member of?
(a) The pacifists in Switzerland.
(b) The Fascists in Italy.
(c) The Communist party.
(d) The Nazi party.
4. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
(a) Leo wants to move to Europe.
(b) Leo wants to become Max's secretary.
(c) Leo wants to help Max produce a musical.
(d) Leo wants to write a musical.
5. What is the point of the sound effect at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) It shows time passing.
(b) It shows that Max is losing his mind.
(c) It shows they are at a jazz bar.
(d) It shows Leo's fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is NOT singing about Max and Leo at the end of act 1, scene 9?
2. What does Franz hope that his script will do?
3. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
4. Who is Leo's boss at his accounting firm?
5. From what classic work is Bialystock's latest flop in act 1, scene 1 adapted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Max propose to go about his new idea?
2. What is significant about Ulla's song?
3. Why are Max and Leo in shock in act 2, scene 5?
4. What effects are used at the end of act 1, scene 4, and why?
5. What does Leo sing about in act 2, scene 1, and how does it affect Ulla?
6. What is significant about Max and Leo staying up all night in act 1, scene 5?
7. What is significant about the references to homosexuality in act 2, scene 2?
8. What is offered to Ulla by the end of act 1, scene 8?
9. What does Max sum up about the author of Springtime for Hitler?
10. How does Leo end up coming to Max's defense in the courtroom?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)