|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max tell Leo about producers and money in act 1, scene 8?
(a) Producers should tell people they are investing their own money, but really do not.
(b) A producer should never invest his own money in a production.
(c) Producers should always put their own money in a show to maximize profits.
(d) Producers should put at least five percent of their income into the show.
2. How does Leo escape his dismal mood in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He fantasizes about starring on Broadway.
(b) He fantasizes about marrying a chorus girl.
(c) He fantasizes about being a Broadway producer.
(d) He fantasizes about choreographing a huge Broadway production.
3. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A producer's hat like Max.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) A tweed vest.
(d) A long coat.
4. What game does Max's benefactress in act 1, scene 2 like to play?
(a) "The Virgin Milk Maid and the Well-Hung Stable Boy."
(b) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
(c) "The Swedish Milk Maid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
(d) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hunt Great Dane."
5. What is the first piece of music heard in this show?
(a) The entr'acte.
(c) "Springtime for Hitler."
(d) The overture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
2. What are Leo and Max doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
3. Who is Roger DeBris?
4. Who appears out of the cupboards in Leo's office during his fantasy in act 1, scene 3?
5. What does Leo bring out when Max makes him nervous in act 1, scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
2. Why does Roger end up playing Hitler?
3. What is significant about Max's gift to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
4. How is Leo atypical from the other accountants?
5. How do Max, Leo, and Franz get pardoned?
6. Who is Ulla?
7. What are Max and Leo's plans for the future at the end of the musical?
8. What has happened throughout the day that forces Leo to quit his job?
9. What is Franz's mission with his script?
10. Who is Hold-Me Touch-Me?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)