|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franz hope that his script will do?
(a) Celebrate the Jewish faith.
(b) Show the good side of Hitler.
(c) Expose the ugliness of the war.
(d) Show that Germans have a sense of humor.
2. What game must Max play with Hold Me-Touch Me in act 1, scene 9?
(a) "The Swedish MilkMaid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
(b) "The Ant and the Spider."
(c) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
(d) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hung Great Dane."
3. What does Max yell out the window to the woman outside in act 1, scene 2?
(a) "Shake it, baby."
(b) "Come up and see me sometime."
(c) "Want to star in a Broadway musical?"
(d) "When you got it, flaunt it."
4. What happens during Leo's fantasy sequence?
(a) Leo sings and dances with chorus girls.
(b) Leo stars in his own Broadway show.
(c) Max makes him a millionaire.
(d) Leo becomes the most succesful director of all time.
5. How does Leo escape his dismal mood in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He fantasizes about starring on Broadway.
(b) He fantasizes about choreographing a huge Broadway production.
(c) He fantasizes about being a Broadway producer.
(d) He fantasizes about marrying a chorus girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Max and Leo's office to audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 1, scene 8?
2. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
3. What is Max Bialystock's profession?
4. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
5. Why does Roger initially refuse to direct the musical?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the point of having Franz talk to pigeons?
2. Why does Franz threaten to shoot Max and Leo?
3. What is significant about Max and Leo staying up all night in act 1, scene 5?
4. Describe what happens on-stage after Max, Leo, and Franz are pardoned.
5. What is hurting Max the most in act 2, scene 7?
6. What is significant about the references to homosexuality in act 2, scene 2?
7. Why is Leo disgusted by the script Max chooses?
8. How do Max, Leo, and Franz get pardoned?
9. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
10. How is Max's treatment of the old ladies different from how everyone views him at the end of the act?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)