|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song do Roger and his team sing in act 1, scene 7?
(a) "Keep It Gay."
(b) "The Song That Goes Like This."
(c) "Make 'em Laugh."
(d) "All You Need is a Jew."
2. What is the first piece of music heard in this show?
(b) The overture.
(c) "Springtime for Hitler."
(d) The entr'acte.
3. How does Roger feel about the script for Springtime for Hitler?
(a) He thinks it could use a rewrite.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He think it is too edgy.
4. How does act 1, scene 3 end?
(a) The chorus girls surround Leo as his name shines from a marquee.
(b) Leo sings the breakout song of the show he wants to direct.
(c) Leo runs to Max's office.
(d) Leo tap dances on the accountants' desks.
5. Before she starts singing in act 1, scene 8, what does Ulla claim as inspiration for her song?
(a) A man yelled at her from an office window the day before.
(b) It makes her feel confident.
(c) It is a traditional Swedish folk song.
(d) She watched a man dancing in the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
2. What is the name of Ulla's song?
3. How does the banner dropped at the end of act 1, scene 9 describe Max and Leo's show?
4. In what event will Max approve Leo's request in act 1, scene 5?
5. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened throughout the day that forces Leo to quit his job?
2. Describe the production of Springtime for Hitler.
3. How does Leo end up coming to Max's defense in the courtroom?
4. How does Franz react to the people auditioning for the play?
5. What is significant about the references to homosexuality in act 2, scene 2?
6. How do Max and Leo convince Roger to direct Springtime for Hitler?
7. What idea does Leo inadvertently give Max?
8. What must Leo and Max do in order to secure the rights for Springtime for Hitler?
9. What is the theatrical superstition detailed in act 2, scene 3?
10. What wordplay is being used to comical affect with Ulla?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)