|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Leo, what could not possibly compare to going to jail?
(a) Living at his mother's house forever.
(b) Being stuck on the subway.
(c) Being out of New York forever.
(d) Being an accountant forever.
2. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
(a) Storefront theaters.
(b) Big Broadway productions.
(c) Community theater.
(d) Expermental theater off-Broadway.
3. What does Franz give Max and Leo to wear?
(b) Swastika armbands.
(c) Army helmets.
4. What is the point of the sound effect at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) It shows time passing.
(b) It shows Leo's fear.
(c) It shows that Max is losing his mind.
(d) It shows they are at a jazz bar.
5. What song does the doorbell at Roger's apartment play?
(a) "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning."
(b) "I Feel Pretty."
(c) "The Pirate King."
(d) "Send in the Clowns."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the song Max and Leo sing in act 1, scene 4?
2. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
3. How old is Bialystock?
4. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
5. What was Max once considered prior to this show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ulla?
2. What is hurting Max the most in act 2, scene 7?
3. Why does Roger end up playing Hitler?
4. How are the auditions run for Springtime for Hitler?
5. What is the point of having Franz talk to pigeons?
6. What is offered to Ulla by the end of act 1, scene 8?
7. How does Leo end up coming to Max's defense in the courtroom?
8. Why is Leo absent in act 2, scene 6?
9. How is Leo's neuroses shown in act 1, scene 2?
10. What does Max sum up about the author of Springtime for Hitler?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)