|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Leo's fantasy in act 1, scene 3, what is glowing on the marquee?
(a) His name.
(b) Max's name.
(c) The play's name.
(d) His wife's name.
2. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He is six minutes late.
(b) He did not show up for work that morning.
(c) He did not drop Max as a client.
(d) His boss found out about his creative book-keeping for Max.
3. Outside of what theater does the first scene in act one take place?
(a) The Neiderlander Theater.
(b) The Winter Garden Theater.
(c) The Schubert Theater.
(d) The Eugene O'Neill Theater.
4. What is Franz doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 6?
(b) Feeding homing pigeons.
(c) Exercising his pigeons.
5. How do Max and Leo take the oath when Franz is not looking?
(a) They stick out their middle fingers.
(b) They lower their arms.
(c) They switch hands.
(d) They cross their fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Max's benefactress in act 1, scene 2 like to play?
2. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
3. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
4. What does Franz sing about to his pigeons?
5. What does Max call his benefactress who visits him in act 1, scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effects are used at the end of act 1, scene 4, and why?
2. How does Max propose to go about his new idea?
3. What is significant about Max and Leo staying up all night in act 1, scene 5?
4. What is significant about Leo being chastised for being six minutes late?
5. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
6. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
7. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
8. What are some of the things Max does to procure the funds for Springtime for Hitler?
9. How is Max's treatment of the old ladies different from how everyone views him at the end of the act?
10. What is offered to Ulla by the end of act 1, scene 8?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)