|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Leo and Max find Franz in act 1, scene 6?
(a) On the rooftop of his apartment building.
(b) In a dumpster.
(c) On the street.
(d) In his apartment.
2. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) Leo screams in terror.
(b) A ticking clock is heard.
(c) Max starts to laugh.
(d) Jazz music begins to play.
3. How does Leo feel about Ulla after meeting her in act 1, scene 8?
(a) He thinks her accent is strange.
(b) He cannot stand her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He thinks she is dumb.
4. What is the final hook that Max uses to pull Roger into his project?
(a) He mentions that Franz is single.
(b) He mentions that Carmen Ghia can play the lead.
(c) He mentions that Roger might win a Tony.
(d) He mentions that Roger might meet Ethel Merman at the premiere.
5. Where is Leo coming from in the beginning of act1, scene 4?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The store.
(c) His office.
(d) The bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in act 1, scene 9 due to Max's actions with the ladies?
2. What is the name of the location of act 1, scene nine?
3. According to the three old ladies in act 1, scene 9, what do they really want in life?
4. Outside of what theater does the first scene in act one take place?
5. What happens during Leo's fantasy sequence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Max and Leo in shock in act 2, scene 5?
2. What are some of the things Max does to procure the funds for Springtime for Hitler?
3. What idea does Leo inadvertently give Max?
4. How is Max's treatment of the old ladies different from how everyone views him at the end of the act?
5. For what event is Roger dressed up, and who is he going as?
6. How do Max and Leo convince Roger to direct Springtime for Hitler?
7. How is Leo's neuroses shown in act 1, scene 2?
8. How does Act 1 end?
9. What is significant about the references to homosexuality in act 2, scene 2?
10. Why is Leo disgusted by the script Max chooses?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)