|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final hook that Max uses to pull Roger into his project?
(a) He mentions that Roger might win a Tony.
(b) He mentions that Franz is single.
(c) He mentions that Roger might meet Ethel Merman at the premiere.
(d) He mentions that Carmen Ghia can play the lead.
2. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
(a) Whitehall offers him a drink.
(b) Max begs him for his help.
(c) The cleaning lady knocks his file over.
(d) Marks walks back into the room.
3. How much money does Max say they need for their plan to work?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Five million dollars.
(c) Two million dollars.
(d) Three million dollars.
4. What song does the doorbell at Roger's apartment play?
(a) "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning."
(b) "I Feel Pretty."
(c) "Send in the Clowns."
(d) "The Pirate King."
5. Who is NOT one of the three old ladies in the beginning of act 1, scene 9?
(a) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(b) Kiss Me-Feel Me.
(c) Hug Me-Kiss Me.
(d) Lick Me-Bite Me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Max's idea at the end of act 1, scene 2?
2. From what classic work is Bialystock's latest flop in act 1, scene 1 adapted?
3. Who appears out of the cupboards in Leo's office during his fantasy in act 1, scene 3?
4. What appears at the end of Max and Leo's song in act 1, scene 4?
5. Before she starts singing in act 1, scene 8, what does Ulla claim as inspiration for her song?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Max cast Franz to play Hitler?
2. What is significant about Max and Leo staying up all night in act 1, scene 5?
3. What is significant about Ulla's entrance in act 2, scene 3?
4. Describe what happens on-stage after Max, Leo, and Franz are pardoned.
5. How does Act 1 end?
6. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
7. What idea does Leo inadvertently give Max?
8. What has happened throughout the day that forces Leo to quit his job?
9. Why does Franz threaten to shoot Max and Leo?
10. How is Max responsible for Leo's absence in act 2, scene 6?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)