|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) His ability to speak without an accent.
(b) His strong, German-accented singing voice.
(c) His bigotry.
(d) His tone-deaf singing.
2. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
(a) He never actually hurt anyone.
(b) He once read Franz's script.
(c) He was a strong man.
(d) He was a mother's boy.
3. Where is Leo during act 2, scene 6?
(b) Franz's pigeon cages.
(d) Roger's house.
4. What is Ulla doing when Max and Leo walk into the office in act 2, scene 1?
(d) Building a new desk for Leo.
5. What does Max sing in act 2, scene 6?
(d) "I'm So Tired."
6. What song do Roger, Carmen, and Franz sing to Leo in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "You Cannot Take It With You."
(b) "You Never Say Good Luck on Opening Night."
(c) "You Will Never Walk Alone."
(d) "All For You, Leo Bloom."
7. What happens after the men are pardoned in act 2, scene 8?
(a) Max and Leo decide to never see each other again.
(b) The jail transorms into the Schubert Theater.
(c) Franz tries to shoot Max and Leo.
(d) Leo runs away from Franz.
8. What does Ulla have to remind Max and Leo about after Max's return to the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Roger is downstairs waiting for them.
(b) They are staring at her.
(c) They are late for auditions.
(d) They are late for an appointment with Franz.
9. What does Leo intend to do after their play debuted?
(a) Turn himself in to the authorities.
(b) Marry Ulla.
(c) Run away.
(d) Apologize to Franz.
10. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Franz thinks Hitler is still alive and will come see the show.
(b) Franz wants to take the show to Germany.
(c) Franz is the perfect person to play Hitler.
(d) Franz is insane.
11. What does Max tell Leo to do when he returns to the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Work with Ulla on a choregraphed dance.
(b) Create two sets of books for the production.
(c) Go see Franz about being at the auditions.
(d) Have a drink.
12. What offends Franz during the singing portion of the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Leo's inability to sing.
(b) A Jewish man playing Hitler.
(c) Ulla's presence.
(d) Homosexual men auditioning for Hitler.
13. What historical character is NOT part of Springtime for Hitler?
14. Where does act 2, scene 2 take place?
(a) Max's office.
(b) Ulla's apartment.
(c) The theater.
(d) Franz's rooftop.
15. What takes place after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Kick-line tests.
(b) Cold readings.
(d) Vocal auditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the producers realize they do not have for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
2. What is the signature song Max and Leo's musical?
3. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
4. Where does the beginning of act 2, scene 8 take place?
5. What do Max and Leo initially believe when they walk into their office at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)