|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What formation does the goose-stepping, storm trooper chorus form during the big dance sequence in Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A star of David.
(b) A cross.
(c) A giant swastika.
(d) Germany's flag.
2. What apparently happened to Leo and Ulla in Rio?
(a) They got married.
(b) They broke up.
(c) Franz followed and threatened them.
(d) Ulla got pregnant.
3. What does Franz have to do before he goes on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Do vocal warmups.
(b) Run around the theater.
(c) Put on his Hitler mustache.
(d) Give the Siegfried Oath to the chorus.
4. What is Ulla doing when Max and Leo walk into the office in act 2, scene 1?
(d) Building a new desk for Leo.
5. What does Leo believe will prepare him for the uncertainty of love?
(a) His caution.
(b) Ulla's sweet countenance.
(c) His financial support.
(d) Ulla's beautiful face.
6. Who is directing the dancers in their audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 2?
(b) Carmen Ghia.
7. How is the off-stage action with Franz noted on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A stagehand comes back onstage and tells Leo that Franz is hurt.
(b) A crash is heard.
(c) Franz comes back onstage and tells everyone that he broke his leg.
(d) He is silhouetted.
8. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
(a) Being betrayed by Leo.
(b) Being left by Ulla.
(c) Being broke.
(d) Being around the little old ladies.
9. What does Max sing in act 2, scene 6?
(b) "I'm So Tired."
10. What does Ulla do before she runs backstage for costume and makeup in act 2, scene 3?
(a) She adjusts Leo's tie.
(b) She kisses Leo.
(c) She falls and hurts her ankle.
(d) She hugs Max.
11. Who is the only person who can take over for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
12. Who must Roger hug during curtain call instead of Carmen Ghia?
13. In act 2, scene 2, for which character in Springtime for Hitler are all the actors onstage auditioning?
14. What do Max and Leo initially believe when they walk into their office at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) They are in the wrong room.
(b) They wandered into Ulla's bedroom.
(c) They have been robbed.
(d) The collections agency took Max's furniture.
15. What must Max do when he leaves the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Placate Franz with a German dinner.
(b) See Roger about choreography.
(c) Make a payment to the Schubert.
(d) See Hold Me-Touch Me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leo's reaction to Ulla when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
2. How are the dancers dressed in the act 2, scene 2 audition?
3. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
4. What does Max tell Leo to do when he returns to the office in act 2, scene 1?
5. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)