|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ulla done to the office at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She had made it into her bedroom.
(b) She has made a mess of the paperwork.
(c) She has sold the furniture.
(d) She has cleaned and painted it.
2. What does Roger do after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) He asks Ulla to play Hitler.
(b) He casts the show immediately.
(c) He cuts a lot of singers right away.
(d) He trips one of the dancers who was flirting with Carmen.
3. What is Leo's reaction to Ulla when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He reaches for his blue blanket.
(c) He knocks the paint over on accident.
(d) He holds her.
4. How does the office look in Act 2?
(a) The office now has a bed in it.
(b) The office is bare.
(c) Everything is white.
(d) Everything is black.
5. What do Max and Leo sing about in act 2, scene 9?
(a) Their friendship.
(b) How they both love Ulla.
(c) The end of their partnership.
(d) Their gratitude to Roger and Franz.
6. Who is leading the chorus girls during act 2, scene 8?
(d) Carmen Ghia.
7. What are Max and Leo wearing in act 2, scene 9?
(a) Costumes for the musical.
(b) Their office clothing.
(d) Convict uniforms.
8. What do the producers realize they do not have for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A costume.
(b) A dressing room.
(c) A biography for the program.
(d) An understudy.
9. What song do Roger, Carmen, and Franz sing to Leo in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "You Cannot Take It With You."
(b) "All For You, Leo Bloom."
(c) "You Never Say Good Luck on Opening Night."
(d) "You Will Never Walk Alone."
10. What do Max and Leo walk through together when they exit stage at the very end of the show?
(a) A jail cell.
(b) The theater.
(c) A sunset backdrop.
(d) Their office door.
11. Why are Max, Leo, and Franz pardoned by the governor while in prison during act 2, scene 8?
(a) Ulla is taking the fall for them.
(b) New evidence found them not guilty.
(c) They have brought happiness to the prison.
(d) Roger fabricated evidence to set them free.
12. What is Ulla doing when Max and Leo walk into the office in act 2, scene 1?
(b) Building a new desk for Leo.
13. From where do Max and Leo enter in act 2, scene 9?
(a) They are raised up from the orchestral pit.
(b) They enter from opposite sides of the stage.
(c) They rappel down from the stage.
(d) They enter from the audience.
14. What takes place after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
(b) Cold readings.
(c) Kick-line tests.
(d) Vocal auditions.
15. What day is it at the beginning of act 2, scene 3?
(a) Final dress.
(b) First night of tech week.
(c) Opening night.
(d) Three days before opening night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is directing the dancers in their audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 2?
2. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
3. What does Leo believe will prepare him for the uncertainty of love?
4. What is the state of the stage in act 2, scene 2?
5. What does Leo send Max in act 2, scene 6?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)