|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo admit when he and Ulla arrive at the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
(a) He does not like Max.
(b) He was forced to create two sets of books by Max.
(c) He is also responsible for the accounting fraud.
(d) He did not want to produce the musical.
2. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
(a) He once read Franz's script.
(b) He never actually hurt anyone.
(c) He was a strong man.
(d) He was a mother's boy.
3. Why is Max angry at Roger in act 2, scene 5?
(a) Roger made the musical a success.
(b) Roger hugged Carmen Ghia at curtain call.
(c) Roger made the musical a disaster.
(d) Roger made Hitler very effeminate.
4. What does Leo intend to do after their play debuted?
(a) Marry Ulla.
(b) Turn himself in to the authorities.
(c) Apologize to Franz.
(d) Run away.
5. What takes place after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
(b) Vocal auditions.
(c) Kick-line tests.
(d) Cold readings.
6. In act 2, scene 2, for which character in Springtime for Hitler are all the actors onstage auditioning?
7. What does Ulla do to Leo when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
(a) She asks for his help.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She flirts with him.
(d) She kisses him.
8. What formation does the goose-stepping, storm trooper chorus form during the big dance sequence in Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A cross.
(b) Germany's flag.
(c) A giant swastika.
(d) A star of David.
9. What does Ulla have to remind Max and Leo about after Max's return to the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) They are staring at her.
(b) They are late for an appointment with Franz.
(c) They are late for auditions.
(d) Roger is downstairs waiting for them.
10. What does Franz have to do before he goes on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Do vocal warmups.
(b) Give the Siegfried Oath to the chorus.
(c) Put on his Hitler mustache.
(d) Run around the theater.
11. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Franz wants to take the show to Germany.
(b) Franz is insane.
(c) Franz is the perfect person to play Hitler.
(d) Franz thinks Hitler is still alive and will come see the show.
12. What happens to Max and Leo at the end of act 2, scene 7?
(a) They are set free.
(b) They are kicked out of the producing business.
(c) They have to pay everyone back.
(d) They are sentenced to five years in Sing Sing.
13. How does the office look in Act 2?
(a) The office is bare.
(b) The office now has a bed in it.
(c) Everything is black.
(d) Everything is white.
14. What do the producers realize they do not have for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A costume.
(b) An understudy.
(c) A dressing room.
(d) A biography for the program.
15. What does Max say Leo has not yet earned the right to do in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Go backstage.
(b) Sit in the front row.
(c) Be with Ulla.
(d) Wear a producer's hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the dancers dressed in the act 2, scene 2 audition?
2. Why are Max, Leo, and Franz pardoned by the governor while in prison during act 2, scene 8?
3. Where is Max taken at the end of act 2, scene 5?
4. Why are Max and Leo stunned at the beginning of act 2, scene five?
5. What apparently happened to Leo and Ulla in Rio?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)