|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "Bonne chance."
(b) "Take no prisoners."
(c) "Angels and ministers of grace, defend us."
(d) "Break a leg."
2. How does act 2, scene 8 end?
(a) Prisoners of Love is being produced on Broadway.
(b) Ulla and Leo get a divorce.
(c) Franz is sent back to Germany.
(d) Max marries Ulla.
3. What does Leo believe will prepare him for the uncertainty of love?
(a) Ulla's sweet countenance.
(b) His financial support.
(c) His caution.
(d) Ulla's beautiful face.
4. What day is it at the beginning of act 2, scene 3?
(a) Three days before opening night.
(b) Final dress.
(c) First night of tech week.
(d) Opening night.
5. What does Leo send Max in act 2, scene 6?
(a) A bottle of bourbon.
(b) A producer's hat.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A file.
6. What does Ulla do before she runs backstage for costume and makeup in act 2, scene 3?
(a) She hugs Max.
(b) She falls and hurts her ankle.
(c) She kisses Leo.
(d) She adjusts Leo's tie.
7. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
(a) They know they can never be friends again because of Ulla.
(b) They cannot stand to be around each other.
(c) They hope the other one lands in prison for a long time.
(d) They have changed each other's lives for the better.
8. What has Ulla done to the office at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She has made a mess of the paperwork.
(b) She had made it into her bedroom.
(c) She has sold the furniture.
(d) She has cleaned and painted it.
9. What do Max and Leo walk through together when they exit stage at the very end of the show?
(a) The theater.
(b) A sunset backdrop.
(c) A jail cell.
(d) Their office door.
10. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
(a) He once read Franz's script.
(b) He never actually hurt anyone.
(c) He was a strong man.
(d) He was a mother's boy.
11. What do Max and Leo initially believe when they walk into their office at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) They wandered into Ulla's bedroom.
(b) The collections agency took Max's furniture.
(c) They have been robbed.
(d) They are in the wrong room.
12. What is Ulla's role in the Springtime for Hitler as seen in act 2, scene 4?
(a) Hitler's niece.
(b) The main chorus girl.
(c) Anne Frank.
(d) Eva Braun.
13. What is Ulla doing when Max and Leo walk into the office in act 2, scene 1?
(d) Building a new desk for Leo.
14. What takes place after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Vocal auditions.
(b) Cold readings.
(c) Kick-line tests.
15. Why is Max angry at Roger in act 2, scene 5?
(a) Roger hugged Carmen Ghia at curtain call.
(b) Roger made the musical a disaster.
(c) Roger made Hitler very effeminate.
(d) Roger made the musical a success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Max do when he leaves the office in act 2, scene 1?
2. What does Leo admit when he and Ulla arrive at the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
3. Why is Max feeling hurt in act 2, scene 6?
4. What does Max sing in act 2, scene 6?
5. Where does act 2, scene 2 take place?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)