|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulla do to Leo when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She asks for his help.
(d) She flirts with him.
2. What is Ulla doing when Max and Leo walk into the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Building a new desk for Leo.
3. Why does Franz want to shoot Max and Leo in act 2, scene 5?
(a) They set him up to break his leg.
(b) Ulla insulted him.
(c) They cast a gay man as Hitler.
(d) They violated the Siegfried Oath.
4. What does Leo believe will prepare him for the uncertainty of love?
(a) Ulla's beautiful face.
(b) Ulla's sweet countenance.
(c) His caution.
(d) His financial support.
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "Take no prisoners."
(b) "Angels and ministers of grace, defend us."
(c) "Bonne chance."
(d) "Break a leg."
6. What does Ulla do before she runs backstage for costume and makeup in act 2, scene 3?
(a) She adjusts Leo's tie.
(b) She falls and hurts her ankle.
(c) She hugs Max.
(d) She kisses Leo.
7. Where is Leo during act 2, scene 6?
(b) Roger's house.
(d) Franz's pigeon cages.
8. What is Ulla's role in the Springtime for Hitler as seen in act 2, scene 4?
(a) Anne Frank.
(b) Eva Braun.
(c) Hitler's niece.
(d) The main chorus girl.
9. Who is directing the dancers in their audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Carmen Ghia.
10. Where does act 2, scene 6 take place?
(a) Max's house.
(b) Max's jail cell.
(c) Max's theater.
(d) Max's office.
11. What happens to Max and Leo at the end of act 2, scene 7?
(a) They are kicked out of the producing business.
(b) They are sentenced to five years in Sing Sing.
(c) They have to pay everyone back.
(d) They are set free.
12. What does Leo send Max in act 2, scene 6?
(a) A file.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A bottle of bourbon.
(d) A producer's hat.
13. What do Max and Leo sing about in act 2, scene 9?
(a) The end of their partnership.
(b) How they both love Ulla.
(c) Their friendship.
(d) Their gratitude to Roger and Franz.
14. What are Max and Leo wearing in act 2, scene 9?
(a) Costumes for the musical.
(c) Convict uniforms.
(d) Their office clothing.
15. Who must Roger hug during curtain call instead of Carmen Ghia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Max angry at Roger in act 2, scene 5?
2. What do Max and Leo walk through together when they exit stage at the very end of the show?
3. What takes place after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
4. What happens when Franz runs backstage when act 2, scene 3?
5. What formation does the goose-stepping, storm trooper chorus form during the big dance sequence in Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 3?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)