|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the character of Hitler end up standing at the end of the musical in act 2, scene 3?
(a) On a globe.
(b) A landmine.
(c) A star.
(d) A submarine.
2. What do Max and Leo commit to doing together at the end of the show?
(a) Paying back all the ladies that Max received money from.
(b) Writing original plays together.
(c) Community service.
(d) Produce plays.
3. What does Leo intend to do after their play debuted?
(a) Run away.
(b) Turn himself in to the authorities.
(c) Marry Ulla.
(d) Apologize to Franz.
4. How is the off-stage action with Franz noted on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Franz comes back onstage and tells everyone that he broke his leg.
(b) A crash is heard.
(c) He is silhouetted.
(d) A stagehand comes back onstage and tells Leo that Franz is hurt.
5. What is the musical Max is directing the prisoners in during act 2, scene 8?
(a) Prisoners of Love.
(b) Springtime For Hitler: The Sequel.
(c) Unchained Hearts.
(d) Little Old Lady Land.
6. What does Max tell Leo to do when he returns to the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Create two sets of books for the production.
(b) Work with Ulla on a choregraphed dance.
(c) Go see Franz about being at the auditions.
(d) Have a drink.
7. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
(a) Rights to the new musical.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) A producer's hat.
(d) His blessing for Leo and Ulla's marriage.
8. From where do Max and Leo enter in act 2, scene 9?
(a) They are raised up from the orchestral pit.
(b) They rappel down from the stage.
(c) They enter from opposite sides of the stage.
(d) They enter from the audience.
9. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) His bigotry.
(b) His ability to speak without an accent.
(c) His tone-deaf singing.
(d) His strong, German-accented singing voice.
10. What happens after the men are pardoned in act 2, scene 8?
(a) Franz tries to shoot Max and Leo.
(b) The jail transorms into the Schubert Theater.
(c) Max and Leo decide to never see each other again.
(d) Leo runs away from Franz.
11. In act 2, scene 2, for which character in Springtime for Hitler are all the actors onstage auditioning?
12. What offends Franz during the singing portion of the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) A Jewish man playing Hitler.
(b) Ulla's presence.
(c) Homosexual men auditioning for Hitler.
(d) Leo's inability to sing.
13. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "Bonne chance."
(b) "Angels and ministers of grace, defend us."
(c) "Break a leg."
(d) "Take no prisoners."
14. What is the state of the stage in act 2, scene 2?
(a) The stage has been torn up.
(b) The stage is bare.
(c) The stage is a disaster.
(d) The set is nearly built.
15. Where is Leo during act 2, scene 6?
(b) Roger's house.
(d) Franz's pigeon cages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the dancers dressed in the act 2, scene 2 audition?
2. What does Leo admit when he and Ulla arrive at the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
3. Where does act 2, scene 2 take place?
4. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
5. What formation does the goose-stepping, storm trooper chorus form during the big dance sequence in Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 3?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)