|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Franz when he tries to escape the office in act 2, scene 5?
(a) He loses his helmet.
(b) He breaks his other leg.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He is arrested for war crimes.
2. Who is the only person who can take over for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
3. What does Ulla have to remind Max and Leo about after Max's return to the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) They are staring at her.
(b) Roger is downstairs waiting for them.
(c) They are late for an appointment with Franz.
(d) They are late for auditions.
4. Why are Max, Leo, and Franz pardoned by the governor while in prison during act 2, scene 8?
(a) Roger fabricated evidence to set them free.
(b) They have brought happiness to the prison.
(c) New evidence found them not guilty.
(d) Ulla is taking the fall for them.
5. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
(a) A leather belt.
(b) Rights to the new musical.
(c) His blessing for Leo and Ulla's marriage.
(d) A producer's hat.
6. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
(a) He never actually hurt anyone.
(b) He was a mother's boy.
(c) He was a strong man.
(d) He once read Franz's script.
7. In act 2, scene 2, for which character in Springtime for Hitler are all the actors onstage auditioning?
8. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) His bigotry.
(b) His tone-deaf singing.
(c) His ability to speak without an accent.
(d) His strong, German-accented singing voice.
9. How does act 2, scene 8 end?
(a) Franz is sent back to Germany.
(b) Max marries Ulla.
(c) Prisoners of Love is being produced on Broadway.
(d) Ulla and Leo get a divorce.
10. What do Max and Leo initially believe when they walk into their office at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) They are in the wrong room.
(b) They have been robbed.
(c) They wandered into Ulla's bedroom.
(d) The collections agency took Max's furniture.
11. What does Ulla do before she runs backstage for costume and makeup in act 2, scene 3?
(a) She hugs Max.
(b) She falls and hurts her ankle.
(c) She kisses Leo.
(d) She adjusts Leo's tie.
12. What do the producers realize they do not have for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A biography for the program.
(b) A dressing room.
(c) An understudy.
(d) A costume.
13. What are Max and Leo wearing in act 2, scene 9?
(b) Convict uniforms.
(c) Their office clothing.
(d) Costumes for the musical.
14. What big mistake does Leo make in act 2, scene 3?
(a) He says "Macbeth."
(b) He tells everyone to break a leg.
(c) He walks underneath a ladder.
(d) He wishes everyone good luck.
15. Why is Max angry at Roger in act 2, scene 5?
(a) Roger hugged Carmen Ghia at curtain call.
(b) Roger made Hitler very effeminate.
(c) Roger made the musical a success.
(d) Roger made the musical a disaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Max, Leo, and Ulla during act 2, scene 2?
2. What must Max do when he leaves the office in act 2, scene 1?
3. What does Max sing in act 2, scene 6?
4. Where is Max taken at the end of act 2, scene 5?
5. What is the state of the stage in act 2, scene 2?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)