|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is directing the dancers in their audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Carmen Ghia.
2. Where does act 2, scene 6 take place?
(a) Max's house.
(b) Max's theater.
(c) Max's office.
(d) Max's jail cell.
3. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) His strong, German-accented singing voice.
(b) His bigotry.
(c) His ability to speak without an accent.
(d) His tone-deaf singing.
4. What apparently happened to Leo and Ulla in Rio?
(a) They broke up.
(b) Ulla got pregnant.
(c) They got married.
(d) Franz followed and threatened them.
5. What offends Franz during the singing portion of the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Ulla's presence.
(b) A Jewish man playing Hitler.
(c) Homosexual men auditioning for Hitler.
(d) Leo's inability to sing.
6. In act 2, scene 2, for which character in Springtime for Hitler are all the actors onstage auditioning?
7. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
(a) He was a mother's boy.
(b) He once read Franz's script.
(c) He never actually hurt anyone.
(d) He was a strong man.
8. What happens when Franz runs backstage when act 2, scene 3?
(a) He hurts his back.
(b) He knocks Ulla over.
(c) He tips over the paint can.
(d) He breaks his leg.
9. How is the off-stage action with Franz noted on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Franz comes back onstage and tells everyone that he broke his leg.
(b) He is silhouetted.
(c) A stagehand comes back onstage and tells Leo that Franz is hurt.
(d) A crash is heard.
10. Where does the character of Hitler end up standing at the end of the musical in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A submarine.
(b) On a globe.
(c) A landmine.
(d) A star.
11. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "Break a leg."
(b) "Angels and ministers of grace, defend us."
(c) "Take no prisoners."
(d) "Bonne chance."
12. What is Ulla's role in the Springtime for Hitler as seen in act 2, scene 4?
(a) Anne Frank.
(b) The main chorus girl.
(c) Eva Braun.
(d) Hitler's niece.
13. Where is Max taken at the end of act 2, scene 5?
(a) The police station.
(b) Franz's rooftop.
(c) The theater.
(d) Roger's house.
14. What do Max and Leo commit to doing together at the end of the show?
(a) Writing original plays together.
(b) Community service.
(c) Produce plays.
(d) Paying back all the ladies that Max received money from.
15. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
(a) Being betrayed by Leo.
(b) Being around the little old ladies.
(c) Being left by Ulla.
(d) Being broke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franz want to shoot Max and Leo in act 2, scene 5?
2. What day is it at the beginning of act 2, scene 3?
3. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
4. What is Leo's reaction to Ulla when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
5. What does Franz have to do before he goes on stage in act 2, scene 3?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)