|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max sing in act 2, scene 6?
(c) "I'm So Tired."
2. What does Max tell Leo to do when he returns to the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Create two sets of books for the production.
(b) Go see Franz about being at the auditions.
(c) Have a drink.
(d) Work with Ulla on a choregraphed dance.
3. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
(a) Being broke.
(b) Being left by Ulla.
(c) Being betrayed by Leo.
(d) Being around the little old ladies.
4. What is Leo's reaction to Ulla when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
(a) He knocks the paint over on accident.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He reaches for his blue blanket.
(d) He holds her.
5. What does Leo admit when he and Ulla arrive at the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
(a) He is also responsible for the accounting fraud.
(b) He was forced to create two sets of books by Max.
(c) He did not want to produce the musical.
(d) He does not like Max.
6. What does Ulla do to Leo when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She flirts with him.
(c) She asks for his help.
(d) She ignores him.
7. Why are Max, Leo, and Franz pardoned by the governor while in prison during act 2, scene 8?
(a) New evidence found them not guilty.
(b) They have brought happiness to the prison.
(c) Roger fabricated evidence to set them free.
(d) Ulla is taking the fall for them.
8. What does Leo believe will prepare him for the uncertainty of love?
(a) His caution.
(b) Ulla's sweet countenance.
(c) His financial support.
(d) Ulla's beautiful face.
9. Why does Franz want to shoot Max and Leo in act 2, scene 5?
(a) They cast a gay man as Hitler.
(b) They set him up to break his leg.
(c) They violated the Siegfried Oath.
(d) Ulla insulted him.
10. Where does act 2, scene 2 take place?
(a) The theater.
(b) Franz's rooftop.
(c) Ulla's apartment.
(d) Max's office.
11. When does act 2, scene 6 take place?
(a) A few weeks after opening night.
(b) The day after opening night.
(c) A year after opening night.
(d) The night after the show closes.
12. Where does the character of Hitler end up standing at the end of the musical in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A star.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A landmine.
(d) On a globe.
13. What does Roger do after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) He cuts a lot of singers right away.
(b) He asks Ulla to play Hitler.
(c) He trips one of the dancers who was flirting with Carmen.
(d) He casts the show immediately.
14. What is on the other side of the sign the workman puts up in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "You Will Never Look at Hitler the Same Again."
(b) "You Cannot Afford to Not See This."
(c) "A Bialystock/Bloom Production."
(d) "Closing Night."
15. What song do Roger, Carmen, and Franz sing to Leo in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "You Cannot Take It With You."
(b) "You Never Say Good Luck on Opening Night."
(c) "All For You, Leo Bloom."
(d) "You Will Never Walk Alone."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does act 2, scene 8 end?
2. What does Max say Leo has not yet earned the right to do in act 2, scene 3?
3. Who is the only person who can take over for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
4. What is Ulla doing when Max and Leo walk into the office in act 2, scene 1?
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)