|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it at the beginning of act 2, scene 3?
(a) Final dress.
(b) Three days before opening night.
(c) First night of tech week.
(d) Opening night.
2. Who is directing the dancers in their audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 2?
(b) Carmen Ghia.
3. What does Franz have to do before he goes on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Put on his Hitler mustache.
(b) Do vocal warmups.
(c) Give the Siegfried Oath to the chorus.
(d) Run around the theater.
4. Where is Max taken at the end of act 2, scene 5?
(a) Roger's house.
(b) The theater.
(c) Franz's rooftop.
(d) The police station.
5. What is on the other side of the sign the workman puts up in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "A Bialystock/Bloom Production."
(b) "You Will Never Look at Hitler the Same Again."
(c) "You Cannot Afford to Not See This."
(d) "Closing Night."
6. What is the musical Max is directing the prisoners in during act 2, scene 8?
(a) Unchained Hearts.
(b) Prisoners of Love.
(c) Little Old Lady Land.
(d) Springtime For Hitler: The Sequel.
7. What song do Roger, Carmen, and Franz sing to Leo in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "You Never Say Good Luck on Opening Night."
(b) "You Will Never Walk Alone."
(c) "All For You, Leo Bloom."
(d) "You Cannot Take It With You."
8. How is the off-stage action with Franz noted on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A crash is heard.
(b) A stagehand comes back onstage and tells Leo that Franz is hurt.
(c) He is silhouetted.
(d) Franz comes back onstage and tells everyone that he broke his leg.
9. Where does the beginning of act 2, scene 8 take place?
(c) Sing Sing.
(d) Max's office.
10. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
(a) He was a mother's boy.
(b) He once read Franz's script.
(c) He was a strong man.
(d) He never actually hurt anyone.
11. Where does the character of Hitler end up standing at the end of the musical in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A submarine.
(b) On a globe.
(c) A star.
(d) A landmine.
12. What does Ulla have to remind Max and Leo about after Max's return to the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) They are late for auditions.
(b) Roger is downstairs waiting for them.
(c) They are staring at her.
(d) They are late for an appointment with Franz.
13. What do the producers realize they do not have for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
(a) An understudy.
(b) A costume.
(c) A biography for the program.
(d) A dressing room.
14. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
(a) Being left by Ulla.
(b) Being broke.
(c) Being around the little old ladies.
(d) Being betrayed by Leo.
15. How does act 2, scene 8 end?
(a) Franz is sent back to Germany.
(b) Prisoners of Love is being produced on Broadway.
(c) Max marries Ulla.
(d) Ulla and Leo get a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big mistake does Leo make in act 2, scene 3?
2. What happens to Franz when he tries to escape the office in act 2, scene 5?
3. What has Ulla done to the office at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Max say Leo has not yet earned the right to do in act 2, scene 3?
5. Who is leading the chorus girls during act 2, scene 8?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)