|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
(a) He once read Franz's script.
(b) He was a mother's boy.
(c) He was a strong man.
(d) He never actually hurt anyone.
2. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) His ability to speak without an accent.
(b) His tone-deaf singing.
(c) His strong, German-accented singing voice.
(d) His bigotry.
3. What happens to Franz when he tries to escape the office in act 2, scene 5?
(a) He loses his helmet.
(b) He breaks his other leg.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He is arrested for war crimes.
4. How is Max declared in court during the trial of act 2, scene 7?
(b) Incredibly guilty.
(c) It is a mistrial.
(d) Guilty by reason of insanity.
5. What is Leo's reaction to Ulla when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
(a) He reaches for his blue blanket.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He holds her.
(d) He knocks the paint over on accident.
6. What do Max and Leo initially believe when they walk into their office at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The collections agency took Max's furniture.
(b) They wandered into Ulla's bedroom.
(c) They have been robbed.
(d) They are in the wrong room.
7. What does Max sing in act 2, scene 6?
(a) "I'm So Tired."
8. What does Roger do after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) He casts the show immediately.
(b) He asks Ulla to play Hitler.
(c) He cuts a lot of singers right away.
(d) He trips one of the dancers who was flirting with Carmen.
9. What happens when Franz runs backstage when act 2, scene 3?
(a) He tips over the paint can.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He knocks Ulla over.
(d) He hurts his back.
10. From where do Max and Leo enter in act 2, scene 9?
(a) They enter from opposite sides of the stage.
(b) They enter from the audience.
(c) They are raised up from the orchestral pit.
(d) They rappel down from the stage.
11. Why is Max angry at Roger in act 2, scene 5?
(a) Roger hugged Carmen Ghia at curtain call.
(b) Roger made the musical a success.
(c) Roger made Hitler very effeminate.
(d) Roger made the musical a disaster.
12. What is the musical Max is directing the prisoners in during act 2, scene 8?
(a) Springtime For Hitler: The Sequel.
(b) Prisoners of Love.
(c) Unchained Hearts.
(d) Little Old Lady Land.
13. What does Leo send Max in act 2, scene 6?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A bottle of bourbon.
(c) A producer's hat.
(d) A file.
14. What is Ulla's role in the Springtime for Hitler as seen in act 2, scene 4?
(a) Anne Frank.
(b) The main chorus girl.
(c) Hitler's niece.
(d) Eva Braun.
15. What does Ulla have to remind Max and Leo about after Max's return to the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Roger is downstairs waiting for them.
(b) They are late for an appointment with Franz.
(c) They are late for auditions.
(d) They are staring at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the beginning of act 2, scene 8 take place?
2. Who must Roger hug during curtain call instead of Carmen Ghia?
3. Where is Max taken at the end of act 2, scene 5?
4. What big mistake does Leo make in act 2, scene 3?
5. Why does Franz want to shoot Max and Leo in act 2, scene 5?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)