|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Max, Leo, and Ulla during act 2, scene 2?
(a) Ulla's sister.
(b) Carmen Ghia's brother.
(c) Roger and Franz.
(d) Hold Me-Touch Me.
2. Why is Max angry at Roger in act 2, scene 5?
(a) Roger made the musical a success.
(b) Roger made the musical a disaster.
(c) Roger hugged Carmen Ghia at curtain call.
(d) Roger made Hitler very effeminate.
3. What does Leo intend to do after their play debuted?
(a) Apologize to Franz.
(b) Marry Ulla.
(c) Turn himself in to the authorities.
(d) Run away.
4. What do Max and Leo sing about in act 2, scene 9?
(a) How they both love Ulla.
(b) The end of their partnership.
(c) Their friendship.
(d) Their gratitude to Roger and Franz.
5. What apparently happened to Leo and Ulla in Rio?
(a) Franz followed and threatened them.
(b) They got married.
(c) They broke up.
(d) Ulla got pregnant.
6. What song do Roger, Carmen, and Franz sing to Leo in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "You Never Say Good Luck on Opening Night."
(b) "You Cannot Take It With You."
(c) "You Will Never Walk Alone."
(d) "All For You, Leo Bloom."
7. What offends Franz during the singing portion of the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Homosexual men auditioning for Hitler.
(b) A Jewish man playing Hitler.
(c) Leo's inability to sing.
(d) Ulla's presence.
8. What does Max sing in act 2, scene 6?
(b) "I'm So Tired."
9. What happens to Franz when he tries to escape the office in act 2, scene 5?
(a) He loses his helmet.
(b) He is arrested for war crimes.
(c) He breaks his other leg.
(d) He breaks his arm.
10. What does Ulla have to remind Max and Leo about after Max's return to the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Roger is downstairs waiting for them.
(b) They are late for an appointment with Franz.
(c) They are late for auditions.
(d) They are staring at her.
11. What does Leo believe will prepare him for the uncertainty of love?
(a) His financial support.
(b) His caution.
(c) Ulla's beautiful face.
(d) Ulla's sweet countenance.
12. How does the office look in Act 2?
(a) Everything is white.
(b) Everything is black.
(c) The office is bare.
(d) The office now has a bed in it.
13. What song does Leo sing about Ulla in act 2, scene 1?
(a) "Why Now?"
(b) "How Lucky I Am."
(c) "That Face."
(d) "That Woman."
14. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "Take no prisoners."
(b) "Break a leg."
(c) "Bonne chance."
(d) "Angels and ministers of grace, defend us."
15. How is the off-stage action with Franz noted on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A stagehand comes back onstage and tells Leo that Franz is hurt.
(b) Franz comes back onstage and tells everyone that he broke his leg.
(c) A crash is heard.
(d) He is silhouetted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulla do before she runs backstage for costume and makeup in act 2, scene 3?
2. What must Max do when he leaves the office in act 2, scene 1?
3. What does Roger do after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
4. Who must Roger hug during curtain call instead of Carmen Ghia?
5. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)