|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Max, Leo, and Ulla during act 2, scene 2?
(a) Roger and Franz.
(b) Carmen Ghia's brother.
(c) Ulla's sister.
(d) Hold Me-Touch Me.
2. Who is the only person who can take over for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
3. What must Max do when he leaves the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Placate Franz with a German dinner.
(b) Make a payment to the Schubert.
(c) See Hold Me-Touch Me.
(d) See Roger about choreography.
4. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) His ability to speak without an accent.
(b) His bigotry.
(c) His tone-deaf singing.
(d) His strong, German-accented singing voice.
5. How does the office look in Act 2?
(a) The office is bare.
(b) The office now has a bed in it.
(c) Everything is black.
(d) Everything is white.
6. What is Leo's reaction to Ulla when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
(a) He reaches for his blue blanket.
(b) He knocks the paint over on accident.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He holds her.
7. Why are Max, Leo, and Franz pardoned by the governor while in prison during act 2, scene 8?
(a) Ulla is taking the fall for them.
(b) They have brought happiness to the prison.
(c) Roger fabricated evidence to set them free.
(d) New evidence found them not guilty.
8. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
(a) He was a mother's boy.
(b) He never actually hurt anyone.
(c) He once read Franz's script.
(d) He was a strong man.
9. What are Max and Leo wearing in act 2, scene 9?
(a) Convict uniforms.
(b) Costumes for the musical.
(c) Their office clothing.
10. How are the dancers dressed in the act 2, scene 2 audition?
(c) Hitler costumes.
(d) Indian chiefs.
11. What happens to Max and Leo at the end of act 2, scene 7?
(a) They are set free.
(b) They are sentenced to five years in Sing Sing.
(c) They have to pay everyone back.
(d) They are kicked out of the producing business.
12. What do Max and Leo initially believe when they walk into their office at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) They are in the wrong room.
(b) The collections agency took Max's furniture.
(c) They have been robbed.
(d) They wandered into Ulla's bedroom.
13. What do Max and Leo commit to doing together at the end of the show?
(a) Community service.
(b) Writing original plays together.
(c) Paying back all the ladies that Max received money from.
(d) Produce plays.
14. Who is directing the dancers in their audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 2?
(c) Carmen Ghia.
15. What does Franz have to do before he goes on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Run around the theater.
(b) Put on his Hitler mustache.
(c) Do vocal warmups.
(d) Give the Siegfried Oath to the chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song do Roger, Carmen, and Franz sing to Leo in act 2, scene 3?
2. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
3. Where does act 2, scene 6 take place?
4. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
5. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)