|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does act 2, scene 2 take place?
(a) The theater.
(b) Ulla's apartment.
(c) Max's office.
(d) Franz's rooftop.
2. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
(a) They hope the other one lands in prison for a long time.
(b) They have changed each other's lives for the better.
(c) They cannot stand to be around each other.
(d) They know they can never be friends again because of Ulla.
3. What happens to Max and Leo at the end of act 2, scene 7?
(a) They are set free.
(b) They have to pay everyone back.
(c) They are kicked out of the producing business.
(d) They are sentenced to five years in Sing Sing.
4. How does the office look in Act 2?
(a) Everything is black.
(b) The office is bare.
(c) Everything is white.
(d) The office now has a bed in it.
5. What does Ulla do before she runs backstage for costume and makeup in act 2, scene 3?
(a) She adjusts Leo's tie.
(b) She hugs Max.
(c) She kisses Leo.
(d) She falls and hurts her ankle.
6. Who joins Max, Leo, and Ulla during act 2, scene 2?
(a) Carmen Ghia's brother.
(b) Ulla's sister.
(c) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(d) Roger and Franz.
7. What are Max and Leo wearing in act 2, scene 9?
(a) Their office clothing.
(b) Convict uniforms.
(c) Costumes for the musical.
8. What do Max and Leo walk through together when they exit stage at the very end of the show?
(a) Their office door.
(b) The theater.
(c) A sunset backdrop.
(d) A jail cell.
9. What is on the other side of the sign the workman puts up in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "A Bialystock/Bloom Production."
(b) "You Cannot Afford to Not See This."
(c) "You Will Never Look at Hitler the Same Again."
(d) "Closing Night."
10. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) His bigotry.
(b) His strong, German-accented singing voice.
(c) His ability to speak without an accent.
(d) His tone-deaf singing.
11. Why are Max and Leo stunned at the beginning of act 2, scene five?
(a) Their show incited a riot.
(b) Ulla quit the show.
(c) Roger broke his leg.
(d) Their show was a huge hit.
12. What does Max sing in act 2, scene 6?
(b) "I'm So Tired."
13. What day is it at the beginning of act 2, scene 3?
(a) Three days before opening night.
(b) First night of tech week.
(c) Final dress.
(d) Opening night.
14. What does Franz claim about Hitler?
(a) He was a mother's boy.
(b) He was a strong man.
(c) He once read Franz's script.
(d) He never actually hurt anyone.
15. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
(a) A producer's hat.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) His blessing for Leo and Ulla's marriage.
(d) Rights to the new musical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization does Max have about Franz during the audition in act 2, scene 2?
2. What does Ulla do to Leo when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
3. What takes place after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
4. How is the off-stage action with Franz noted on stage in act 2, scene 3?
5. What song do Roger, Carmen, and Franz sing to Leo in act 2, scene 3?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)