|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does act 2, scene 2 take place?
(a) Max's office.
(b) The theater.
(c) Franz's rooftop.
(d) Ulla's apartment.
2. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "Break a leg."
(b) "Angels and ministers of grace, defend us."
(c) "Take no prisoners."
(d) "Bonne chance."
3. What happens to Max and Leo at the end of act 2, scene 7?
(a) They are kicked out of the producing business.
(b) They are sentenced to five years in Sing Sing.
(c) They are set free.
(d) They have to pay everyone back.
4. What does Leo intend to do after their play debuted?
(a) Apologize to Franz.
(b) Marry Ulla.
(c) Turn himself in to the authorities.
(d) Run away.
5. What does Leo admit when he and Ulla arrive at the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
(a) He did not want to produce the musical.
(b) He does not like Max.
(c) He was forced to create two sets of books by Max.
(d) He is also responsible for the accounting fraud.
6. Who is the only person who can take over for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
7. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
(a) They have changed each other's lives for the better.
(b) They hope the other one lands in prison for a long time.
(c) They cannot stand to be around each other.
(d) They know they can never be friends again because of Ulla.
8. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
(a) Being around the little old ladies.
(b) Being left by Ulla.
(c) Being broke.
(d) Being betrayed by Leo.
9. What is the signature song Max and Leo's musical?
(a) "Springtime for Hitler."
(b) "Siegfried's Oath."
(c) "Oh, Adolph!"
(d) "Say Goodnight, Eva."
10. From where do Max and Leo enter in act 2, scene 9?
(a) They rappel down from the stage.
(b) They are raised up from the orchestral pit.
(c) They enter from opposite sides of the stage.
(d) They enter from the audience.
11. What does Leo send Max in act 2, scene 6?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A file.
(c) A bottle of bourbon.
(d) A producer's hat.
12. What happens when Franz runs backstage when act 2, scene 3?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He hurts his back.
(c) He knocks Ulla over.
(d) He tips over the paint can.
13. What day is it at the beginning of act 2, scene 3?
(a) Three days before opening night.
(b) Final dress.
(c) First night of tech week.
(d) Opening night.
14. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
(a) A producer's hat.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) Rights to the new musical.
(d) His blessing for Leo and Ulla's marriage.
15. Who joins Max, Leo, and Ulla during act 2, scene 2?
(a) Roger and Franz.
(b) Carmen Ghia's brother.
(c) Ulla's sister.
(d) Hold Me-Touch Me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ulla done to the office at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why is Max feeling hurt in act 2, scene 6?
3. What is on the other side of the sign the workman puts up in act 2, scene 3?
4. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
5. How is the off-stage action with Franz noted on stage in act 2, scene 3?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)