|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of the stage in act 2, scene 2?
(a) The set is nearly built.
(b) The stage has been torn up.
(c) The stage is bare.
(d) The stage is a disaster.
2. What does Max say Leo has not yet earned the right to do in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Wear a producer's hat.
(b) Sit in the front row.
(c) Be with Ulla.
(d) Go backstage.
3. What do Max and Leo walk through together when they exit stage at the very end of the show?
(a) A jail cell.
(b) The theater.
(c) A sunset backdrop.
(d) Their office door.
4. Why is Max feeling hurt in act 2, scene 6?
(a) Leo has abandoned him when he needs him the most.
(b) His little old ladies are upset at him.
(c) His plan to make money did not work.
(d) Ulla is in love with Leo and not Max.
5. What happens after the men are pardoned in act 2, scene 8?
(a) Franz tries to shoot Max and Leo.
(b) Max and Leo decide to never see each other again.
(c) The jail transorms into the Schubert Theater.
(d) Leo runs away from Franz.
6. How does the office look in Act 2?
(a) Everything is white.
(b) The office now has a bed in it.
(c) The office is bare.
(d) Everything is black.
7. What happens to Max and Leo at the end of act 2, scene 7?
(a) They have to pay everyone back.
(b) They are sentenced to five years in Sing Sing.
(c) They are kicked out of the producing business.
(d) They are set free.
8. What does Leo do after Ulla kisses him in act 2, scene 1?
(a) He throws his blue blanket in the trash can.
(b) He knocks the can of paint over.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
9. Who is leading the chorus girls during act 2, scene 8?
(a) Carmen Ghia.
10. Why are Max and Leo stunned at the beginning of act 2, scene five?
(a) Their show was a huge hit.
(b) Ulla quit the show.
(c) Roger broke his leg.
(d) Their show incited a riot.
11. What does Franz demonstrate to the singers and the producers in the audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) His tone-deaf singing.
(b) His ability to speak without an accent.
(c) His bigotry.
(d) His strong, German-accented singing voice.
12. In act 2, scene 2, for which character in Springtime for Hitler are all the actors onstage auditioning?
13. What does Franz have to do before he goes on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Put on his Hitler mustache.
(b) Give the Siegfried Oath to the chorus.
(c) Run around the theater.
(d) Do vocal warmups.
14. What is Ulla's role in the Springtime for Hitler as seen in act 2, scene 4?
(a) Hitler's niece.
(b) The main chorus girl.
(c) Anne Frank.
(d) Eva Braun.
15. What formation does the goose-stepping, storm trooper chorus form during the big dance sequence in Springtime for Hitler in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A cross.
(b) A star of David.
(c) Germany's flag.
(d) A giant swastika.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo admit when he and Ulla arrive at the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
2. What big mistake does Leo make in act 2, scene 3?
3. Why does Franz want to shoot Max and Leo in act 2, scene 5?
4. How are the dancers dressed in the act 2, scene 2 audition?
5. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)