|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who can take over for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
2. From where do Max and Leo enter in act 2, scene 9?
(a) They rappel down from the stage.
(b) They enter from opposite sides of the stage.
(c) They are raised up from the orchestral pit.
(d) They enter from the audience.
3. What does Max say Leo has not yet earned the right to do in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Wear a producer's hat.
(b) Go backstage.
(c) Be with Ulla.
(d) Sit in the front row.
4. What song do Roger, Carmen, and Franz sing to Leo in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "All For You, Leo Bloom."
(b) "You Will Never Walk Alone."
(c) "You Never Say Good Luck on Opening Night."
(d) "You Cannot Take It With You."
5. What has Ulla done to the office at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She has made a mess of the paperwork.
(b) She has cleaned and painted it.
(c) She has sold the furniture.
(d) She had made it into her bedroom.
6. What song does Leo sing about Ulla in act 2, scene 1?
(a) "That Face."
(b) "Why Now?"
(c) "How Lucky I Am."
(d) "That Woman."
7. What do the producers realize they do not have for Franz in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A dressing room.
(b) A costume.
(c) An understudy.
(d) A biography for the program.
8. What must Leo now say instead of his previous statements in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "Break a leg."
(b) "Take no prisoners."
(c) "Bonne chance."
(d) "Angels and ministers of grace, defend us."
9. What does Leo do after Ulla kisses him in act 2, scene 1?
(a) He throws his blue blanket in the trash can.
(b) He knocks the can of paint over.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
10. What does Ulla do to Leo when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
(a) She flirts with him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She asks for his help.
11. What are Max and Leo wearing in act 2, scene 9?
(a) Convict uniforms.
(b) Costumes for the musical.
(d) Their office clothing.
12. Why are Max, Leo, and Franz pardoned by the governor while in prison during act 2, scene 8?
(a) Roger fabricated evidence to set them free.
(b) New evidence found them not guilty.
(c) They have brought happiness to the prison.
(d) Ulla is taking the fall for them.
13. Why are Max and Leo stunned at the beginning of act 2, scene five?
(a) Their show incited a riot.
(b) Roger broke his leg.
(c) Their show was a huge hit.
(d) Ulla quit the show.
14. What does Leo believe will prepare him for the uncertainty of love?
(a) Ulla's beautiful face.
(b) His financial support.
(c) Ulla's sweet countenance.
(d) His caution.
15. What do Max and Leo commit to doing together at the end of the show?
(a) Community service.
(b) Paying back all the ladies that Max received money from.
(c) Produce plays.
(d) Writing original plays together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
2. What does Leo intend to do after their play debuted?
3. What is Ulla doing when Max and Leo walk into the office in act 2, scene 1?
4. What is Ulla's role in the Springtime for Hitler as seen in act 2, scene 4?
5. Who joins Max, Leo, and Ulla during act 2, scene 2?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)