|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the beginning of act 2, scene 8 take place?
(c) Sing Sing.
(d) Max's office.
2. What takes place after the dance audition in act 2, scene 2?
(a) Vocal auditions.
(b) Cold readings.
(c) Kick-line tests.
3. Who is leading the chorus girls during act 2, scene 8?
(a) Carmen Ghia.
4. What is Ulla's role in the Springtime for Hitler as seen in act 2, scene 4?
(a) Hitler's niece.
(b) The main chorus girl.
(c) Eva Braun.
(d) Anne Frank.
5. What does Max sing in act 2, scene 6?
(d) "I'm So Tired."
6. What is on the other side of the sign the workman puts up in act 2, scene 3?
(a) "You Cannot Afford to Not See This."
(b) "You Will Never Look at Hitler the Same Again."
(c) "Closing Night."
(d) "A Bialystock/Bloom Production."
7. What does Max give to Leo in act 2, scene 9?
(a) Rights to the new musical.
(b) A producer's hat.
(c) A leather belt.
(d) His blessing for Leo and Ulla's marriage.
8. What does Franz have to do before he goes on stage in act 2, scene 3?
(a) Run around the theater.
(b) Give the Siegfried Oath to the chorus.
(c) Do vocal warmups.
(d) Put on his Hitler mustache.
9. Where does the character of Hitler end up standing at the end of the musical in act 2, scene 3?
(a) A landmine.
(b) A star.
(c) A submarine.
(d) On a globe.
10. What must Max do when he leaves the office in act 2, scene 1?
(a) Make a payment to the Schubert.
(b) See Roger about choreography.
(c) See Hold Me-Touch Me.
(d) Placate Franz with a German dinner.
11. What do Max and Leo commit to doing together at the end of the show?
(a) Produce plays.
(b) Writing original plays together.
(c) Paying back all the ladies that Max received money from.
(d) Community service.
12. Why are Max and Leo stunned at the beginning of act 2, scene five?
(a) Their show was a huge hit.
(b) Their show incited a riot.
(c) Roger broke his leg.
(d) Ulla quit the show.
13. Where does act 2, scene 2 take place?
(a) Max's office.
(b) The theater.
(c) Ulla's apartment.
(d) Franz's rooftop.
14. What is Leo's reaction to Ulla when they are alone in act 2, scene 1?
(a) He reaches for his blue blanket.
(b) He knocks the paint over on accident.
(c) He holds her.
(d) He runs away.
15. What do Max and Leo sing about together in the courtroom in act 2, scene 7?
(a) They hope the other one lands in prison for a long time.
(b) They know they can never be friends again because of Ulla.
(c) They have changed each other's lives for the better.
(d) They cannot stand to be around each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the musical Max is directing the prisoners in during act 2, scene 8?
2. What does Leo send Max in act 2, scene 6?
3. What does Ulla do before she runs backstage for costume and makeup in act 2, scene 3?
4. What does Max say is worse than being guilty in act 2, scene 7?
5. What apparently happened to Leo and Ulla in Rio?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)