Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
2. How does act 1, scene 3 end?
(a) Leo runs to Max's office.
(b) The chorus girls surround Leo as his name shines from a marquee.
(c) Leo tap dances on the accountants' desks.
(d) Leo sings the breakout song of the show he wants to direct.
3. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
(a) Marks walks back into the room.
(b) The cleaning lady knocks his file over.
(c) Max begs him for his help.
(d) Whitehall offers him a drink.
4. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
(c) Signed contracts.
5. What time is it at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
6. How does Max plan to raise the money needed for the play?
(a) Renting Leo out as an accountant and errand boy.
(b) Sexual favors to rich old ladies.
(c) Robbing his sponsors.
(d) Having people pay money to watch Ulla dance.
7. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
(a) Lederhosen and an army helmet.
(b) A German army uniform.
(c) A kimono.
(d) A milkmaid's garment.
8. How old is Bialystock?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his twenties.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his forties.
9. What happens in act 1, scene 9 due to Max's actions with the ladies?
(a) He collapses in exhaustion.
(b) He insults Ulla.
(c) He procures the funds for the play.
(d) He gets sick.
10. Who is Roger hoping to look like for the evening's event in act 1, scene 7?
(a) Franz Liebkind.
(b) Grand Duchess Anastasia.
(c) Ethel Merman.
(d) Madame Butterfly.
11. What does Max tell Leo about producers and money in act 1, scene 8?
(a) A producer should never invest his own money in a production.
(b) Producers should tell people they are investing their own money, but really do not.
(c) Producers should always put their own money in a show to maximize profits.
(d) Producers should put at least five percent of their income into the show.
12. What job does Max offer Ulla until he can officially cast her in the musical?
(b) Cleaning lady and repairman.
(d) Secretary and receptionist.
13. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
(a) His boss found out about his creative book-keeping for Max.
(b) He did not drop Max as a client.
(c) He is six minutes late.
(d) He did not show up for work that morning.
14. To whom do Max and Leo swear their allegiance, per the oath with Franz?
(a) Adolph Elizabeth Hitler.
(b) Heinreich Braun.
(c) Eva Braun.
(d) Franz Lorre.
15. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) Max starts to laugh.
(b) A ticking clock is heard.
(c) Jazz music begins to play.
(d) Leo screams in terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bialystock hiding his face behind when he first enters at the beginning of the show?
2. Before she starts singing in act 1, scene 8, what does Ulla claim as inspiration for her song?
3. Why could Leo and Max go to jail?
4. What theater is the backdrop of the end of act 1, scene 9?
5. What is the point of the sound effect at the end of act 1, scene 4?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)