|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franz give Max and Leo to wear?
(c) Army helmets.
(d) Swastika armbands.
2. How old is Bialystock?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his forties.
(c) In his twenties.
(d) In his fifties.
3. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
(a) Leo should learn a few tricks from Max.
(b) Leo will soon be promoted.
(c) Leo is the smartest accountant he has.
(d) Leo will never amount to anything or progress in his career.
4. What game must Max play with Hold Me-Touch Me in act 1, scene 9?
(a) "The Swedish MilkMaid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
(b) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
(c) "The Ant and the Spider."
(d) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hung Great Dane."
5. Who is the author of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Hitler's cousin.
(b) Franz Wunderkind.
(c) Franz Liebkind.
(d) Hansel Liebkin.
6. Where do Leo and Max find Franz in act 1, scene 6?
(a) On the rooftop of his apartment building.
(b) In a dumpster.
(c) On the street.
(d) In his apartment.
7. What does Franz deny being a member of?
(a) The Nazi party.
(b) The Fascists in Italy.
(c) The pacifists in Switzerland.
(d) The Communist party.
8. Which character is NOT singing about Max and Leo at the end of act 1, scene 9?
(c) Mr. Marks.
9. At the end of act 1, scene 8, where does Max tell Leo he will be going?
(a) Leo's Little Limey Fun Time.
(b) Ulla Ulla Ulla Land.
(c) Hold Me-Touch Me's House of Joy.
(d) Little Old Lady Land.
10. In Leo's fantasy in act 1, scene 3, what is glowing on the marquee?
(a) His wife's name.
(b) The play's name.
(c) Max's name.
(d) His name.
11. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
12. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
(c) Signed contracts.
13. What is the purpose of the song Max and Leo sing in act 1, scene 4?
(a) They argue about whose name goes first on the marquee.
(b) It cements their partnership.
(c) They agree to not get in each other's way.
(d) They are arguing about their play.
14. What is Max Bialystock's profession?
(a) Broadway producer.
(b) Broadway director.
(c) Broadway choreographer.
(d) Broadway actor.
15. Where is Leo coming from in the beginning of act1, scene 4?
(a) His apartment.
(b) His office.
(c) The bar.
(d) The store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up Roger's team (the chorus) in the song in act 1, scene 7?
2. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
3. What happens when that causes Leo to end up in the fetal position in act 1, scene 2?
4. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
5. What theater is the backdrop of the end of act 1, scene 9?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)