|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the backdrop of act 1, Scene 9?
(a) Pictures of Hitler.
(b) Smiley faces.
(c) Valentine hearts.
(d) Broken hearts.
2. What happens when that causes Leo to end up in the fetal position in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Max touches Leo's accountant's visor.
(b) Max uses Leo's lucky pen.
(c) Max offers Leo a drink.
(d) Max touches Leo's blue blanket.
3. What does Franz sing about to his pigeons?
(a) His homesickness for Germany.
(b) His loneliness without his wife.
(c) His love of animals.
(d) His desire to cleanse Hitler's name.
4. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
(a) "Nein Tag Der Guten."
(b) "Der Tenenbaum Zue Hop Clop."
(c) "Das Ist Mein Hop Clop."
(d) "Der Guten Tag Hop Clop."
5. From what classic work is Bialystock's latest flop in act 1, scene 1 adapted?
6. What happens in act 1, scene 9 due to Max's actions with the ladies?
(a) He insults Ulla.
(b) He procures the funds for the play.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He collapses in exhaustion.
7. Who is Roger hoping to look like for the evening's event in act 1, scene 7?
(a) Franz Liebkind.
(b) Madame Butterfly.
(c) Ethel Merman.
(d) Grand Duchess Anastasia.
8. Where do Leo and Max find Franz in act 1, scene 6?
(a) On the rooftop of his apartment building.
(b) On the street.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) In his apartment.
9. What does Max put on before he and Leo leave the office in act 1, scene 5?
(a) His belt.
(b) His coat.
(c) His vest.
(d) A Homburg-style hat.
10. What is the first piece of music heard in this show?
(a) "Springtime for Hitler."
(b) The entr'acte.
(d) The overture.
11. What does Franz deny being a member of?
(a) The pacifists in Switzerland.
(b) The Nazi party.
(c) The Fascists in Italy.
(d) The Communist party.
12. In act 1, scene 8, what does the woman auditioning for Max and Leo give as her first name?
(a) Ulla Bulla-Lulla Kulla-Dulla Snorgen-Yorgenstein.
(b) Ulla Inga Hansen Bensen Yonsen Tallen-Hallen Svaden-Svanson.
(c) Ulla Snorgen Borgen Yorgen Torgen Callen-Vallen Vu.
(d) Ulla Voulez-vous A Mi Casa Sie Greten.
13. How does Leo escape his dismal mood in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He fantasizes about being a Broadway producer.
(b) He fantasizes about marrying a chorus girl.
(c) He fantasizes about choreographing a huge Broadway production.
(d) He fantasizes about starring on Broadway.
14. What game must Max play with Hold Me-Touch Me in act 1, scene 9?
(a) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
(b) "The Ant and the Spider."
(c) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hung Great Dane."
(d) "The Swedish MilkMaid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
15. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He is six minutes late.
(b) He did not drop Max as a client.
(c) He did not show up for work that morning.
(d) His boss found out about his creative book-keeping for Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
2. According to the three old ladies in act 1, scene 9, what do they really want in life?
3. What is the name of the location of act 1, scene nine?
4. What does Franz hope that his script will do?
5. When scene one begins, what time is it?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)