|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the location of act 1, scene nine?
(a) "Little Old Lady Land."
(b) "Lady Llama Land."
(c) "Max's Love Nest."
(d) "Max's Exhausting Week."
2. According to Leo, what could not possibly compare to going to jail?
(a) Being out of New York forever.
(b) Being an accountant forever.
(c) Being stuck on the subway.
(d) Living at his mother's house forever.
3. What was Max once considered prior to this show?
(a) The Producer King.
(b) The King of Stage.
(c) The Producer's Producer.
(d) The King of Broadway.
4. What is the name of Ulla's song?
(a) "Because I Am."
(b) "Why Me?"
(c) "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood."
(d) "When You Got It, Flaunt It."
5. Who appears out of the cupboards in Leo's office during his fantasy in act 1, scene 3?
(a) Chorus girls.
(b) A leading lady.
(c) Max Bialystock.
(d) A backstage crew for a Broadway production.
6. Who arrives at Max and Leo's office to audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 1, scene 8?
(a) A beautiful English girl.
(b) An elderly, German lady.
(c) A beautiful, Swedish lady.
(d) Hold Me-Touch Me.
7. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He is six minutes late.
(b) His boss found out about his creative book-keeping for Max.
(c) He did not show up for work that morning.
(d) He did not drop Max as a client.
8. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) Max starts to laugh.
(b) Leo screams in terror.
(c) A ticking clock is heard.
(d) Jazz music begins to play.
9. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
(a) Signed contracts.
10. What are Leo's feelings about his life in act 1, scene 4?
(a) He has a good, satisfying life.
(b) He will always be a failure.
(c) He is afraid that karma will find him for his good fortune.
(d) It is his turn for some good fortune.
11. What song do Roger and his team sing in act 1, scene 7?
(a) "All You Need is a Jew."
(b) "Make 'em Laugh."
(c) "The Song That Goes Like This."
(d) "Keep It Gay."
12. Before she starts singing in act 1, scene 8, what does Ulla claim as inspiration for her song?
(a) She watched a man dancing in the streets.
(b) It makes her feel confident.
(c) It is a traditional Swedish folk song.
(d) A man yelled at her from an office window the day before.
13. What song does the doorbell at Roger's apartment play?
(a) "I Feel Pretty."
(b) "The Pirate King."
(c) "Send in the Clowns."
(d) "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning."
14. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
(a) A kimono.
(b) Lederhosen and an army helmet.
(c) A milkmaid's garment.
(d) A German army uniform.
15. What game must Max play with Hold Me-Touch Me in act 1, scene 9?
(a) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hung Great Dane."
(b) "The Swedish MilkMaid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
(c) "The Ant and the Spider."
(d) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Max and Leo take the oath when Franz is not looking?
2. What happens during Leo's fantasy sequence?
3. What appears at the end of Max and Leo's song in act 1, scene 4?
4. According to the three old ladies in act 1, scene 9, what do they really want in life?
5. Where is Leo coming from in the beginning of act1, scene 4?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)