|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
(a) Leo wants to become Max's secretary.
(b) Leo wants to move to Europe.
(c) Leo wants to help Max produce a musical.
(d) Leo wants to write a musical.
2. What is Max hoping to find in act 1, scene 5?
(a) An atrocious script.
(b) Shakespeare's lost work.
(c) The next big hit.
(d) A mediocre play he can workshop.
3. Where does the author of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5 live?
(b) Greenwich Village.
4. Why does Max allow the woman to audition ahead of time?
(a) She begs him to let her audition.
(b) He feels sorry for her.
(c) He wants to set her up with Leo.
(d) He is attracted to her.
5. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A tweed vest.
(b) A producer's hat like Max.
(c) A long coat.
(d) A leather belt.
6. What firm does Leo Bloom work for?
(a) Whitehall and Marks.
(b) Whitechapel and Franks.
(c) Whitehall and Max.
(d) Holmes and Franklin.
7. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A Gay Fantasia on National Themes.
(b) A Story of Forbidden Love.
(c) A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden.
(d) My Life In The Socialist Party.
8. Who is Leo's boss at his accounting firm?
(a) Mr. Holmes.
(b) Mr. Marks.
(c) Mr. Whitehall.
(d) Mr. Bialystock.
9. What is the name of the location of act 1, scene nine?
(a) "Max's Love Nest."
(b) "Max's Exhausting Week."
(c) "Lady Llama Land."
(d) "Little Old Lady Land."
10. Who is the author of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Franz Liebkind.
(b) Hitler's cousin.
(c) Franz Wunderkind.
(d) Hansel Liebkin.
11. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
(a) End his losing streak.
(b) Find a friend.
(c) Get married.
(d) Leave show business.
12. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
13. What is Max Bialystock's profession?
(a) Broadway actor.
(b) Broadway producer.
(c) Broadway choreographer.
(d) Broadway director.
14. What is Leo's dream job?
(a) Broadway director.
(b) Broadway choreographer.
(c) Broadway actor.
(d) Broadway producer.
15. What oath must Leo and Max take when they meet Franz?
(a) The Socialistic Siefriedic Oath of Solemnity.
(b) The Hitler Oath.
(c) The Siegfried Oath.
(d) The Mein Daman Oath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
2. Who arrives at Max and Leo's office to audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 1, scene 8?
3. How does Leo feel about the play Max finds?
4. What does Max tell Leo about producers and money in act 1, scene 8?
5. Who is NOT one of the three old ladies in the beginning of act 1, scene 9?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)