|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what position does Leo find Max in act 1, scene 4?
(a) Standing on his desk.
(c) Lying on the floor.
(d) Crouched on the chair.
2. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
3. According to the three old ladies in act 1, scene 9, what do they really want in life?
4. Why does Roger initially refuse to direct the musical?
(a) He thinks the war matter is too depressing.
(b) The topic offends him.
(c) He is afraid that he has lost his touch.
(d) He does not want to deal with any Germans.
5. What is the name of Ulla's song?
(a) "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood."
(b) "Why Me?"
(c) "Because I Am."
(d) "When You Got It, Flaunt It."
6. What does Max tell Leo about producers and money in act 1, scene 8?
(a) A producer should never invest his own money in a production.
(b) Producers should tell people they are investing their own money, but really do not.
(c) Producers should put at least five percent of their income into the show.
(d) Producers should always put their own money in a show to maximize profits.
7. What does Max call his benefactress who visits him in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Kiss Me-Lick Me.
(b) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(c) Hug Me-Kiss Me.
(d) Lick Me- Bite Me.
8. Who arrives at Max and Leo's office to audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 1, scene 8?
(a) A beautiful English girl.
(b) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(c) An elderly, German lady.
(d) A beautiful, Swedish lady.
9. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
(a) A German army uniform.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A milkmaid's garment.
(d) Lederhosen and an army helmet.
10. Who answers the door at Roger's apartment in act 1, scene 7?
(a) Gaia Ghia Carmina.
(b) Carman Miranda.
(c) Carmen Ghia.
(d) Maria Chinquito Poquito de la Barcelona.
11. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
(a) Leo is the smartest accountant he has.
(b) Leo will never amount to anything or progress in his career.
(c) Leo should learn a few tricks from Max.
(d) Leo will soon be promoted.
12. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
(c) Signed contracts.
13. Who is Leo's boss at his accounting firm?
(a) Mr. Marks.
(b) Mr. Bialystock.
(c) Mr. Holmes.
(d) Mr. Whitehall.
14. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
(a) "Das Ist Mein Hop Clop."
(b) "Nein Tag Der Guten."
(c) "Der Guten Tag Hop Clop."
(d) "Der Tenenbaum Zue Hop Clop."
15. How much money does Max say they need for their plan to work?
(a) Five million dollars.
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Two million dollars.
(d) Three million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Leo and Max go to jail?
2. What theater is the backdrop of the end of act 1, scene 9?
3. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
4. What song does the doorbell at Roger's apartment play?
5. What is Max Bialystock's profession?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)