|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
(a) Leo is the smartest accountant he has.
(b) Leo should learn a few tricks from Max.
(c) Leo will never amount to anything or progress in his career.
(d) Leo will soon be promoted.
2. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) Max starts to laugh.
(b) Jazz music begins to play.
(c) A ticking clock is heard.
(d) Leo screams in terror.
3. What was Max once considered prior to this show?
(a) The Producer's Producer.
(b) The Producer King.
(c) The King of Stage.
(d) The King of Broadway.
4. What is Franz doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 6?
(c) Feeding homing pigeons.
(d) Exercising his pigeons.
5. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
6. What is the point of the sound effect at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) It shows time passing.
(b) It shows that Max is losing his mind.
(c) It shows they are at a jazz bar.
(d) It shows Leo's fear.
7. Where do Leo and Max find Franz in act 1, scene 6?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) On the street.
(c) On the rooftop of his apartment building.
(d) In a dumpster.
8. What is the name of Ulla's song?
(a) "When You Got It, Flaunt It."
(b) "Why Me?"
(c) "Because I Am."
(d) "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood."
9. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
(a) "Der Tenenbaum Zue Hop Clop."
(b) "Das Ist Mein Hop Clop."
(c) "Nein Tag Der Guten."
(d) "Der Guten Tag Hop Clop."
10. Who is the author of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Hansel Liebkin.
(b) Hitler's cousin.
(c) Franz Liebkind.
(d) Franz Wunderkind.
11. According to the three old ladies in act 1, scene 9, what do they really want in life?
12. Where is Leo coming from in the beginning of act1, scene 4?
(a) The store.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His office.
(d) The bar.
13. What does Franz hope that his script will do?
(a) Expose the ugliness of the war.
(b) Show the good side of Hitler.
(c) Show that Germans have a sense of humor.
(d) Celebrate the Jewish faith.
14. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
(a) Lederhosen and an army helmet.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A German army uniform.
(d) A milkmaid's garment.
15. What time is it at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
2. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
3. Where does the author of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5 live?
4. Why is Roger dressed the way he is in act 1, scene 7?
5. What does Max put on before he and Leo leave the office in act 1, scene 5?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)