|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger feel about the script for Springtime for Hitler?
(a) He think it is too edgy.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He thinks it could use a rewrite.
2. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) Jazz music begins to play.
(b) Max starts to laugh.
(c) Leo screams in terror.
(d) A ticking clock is heard.
3. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
4. What theater is the backdrop of the end of act 1, scene 9?
(a) The Eugene O'Neill Theater.
(b) The Niederlander Theater.
(c) The Winter Garden Theater.
(d) The Schubert Theater.
5. Where does act 1, scene 2 take place?
(a) Max's office.
(b) Max's home.
(c) Leo's office.
(d) The theater.
6. How does Leo feel about the play Max finds?
(a) He thinks it is boring.
(b) He thinks it is hilarious.
(c) He actually finds it to be brilliant.
(d) He is horrified.
7. What year is it as the play begins?
8. What does Franz hope that his script will do?
(a) Expose the ugliness of the war.
(b) Show that Germans have a sense of humor.
(c) Show the good side of Hitler.
(d) Celebrate the Jewish faith.
9. In what event will Max approve Leo's request in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Leo has to make some money first.
(b) Leo must get the contracts signed.
(c) Leo must first cast the musical.
(d) Leo has to become a full producer.
10. Before she starts singing in act 1, scene 8, what does Ulla claim as inspiration for her song?
(a) It makes her feel confident.
(b) It is a traditional Swedish folk song.
(c) A man yelled at her from an office window the day before.
(d) She watched a man dancing in the streets.
11. Who appears out of the cupboards in Leo's office during his fantasy in act 1, scene 3?
(a) A backstage crew for a Broadway production.
(b) Max Bialystock.
(c) Chorus girls.
(d) A leading lady.
12. What is Bialystock hiding his face behind when he first enters at the beginning of the show?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A placard.
(c) His hat.
(d) A playbill.
13. What is the name of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Das Boot.
(b) We All Live on a German Submarine.
(c) Springtime for Hitler.
(d) Eva's Garden.
14. Who is Roger DeBris?
(a) Max's best friend.
(b) A terrible director.
(c) Franz's French cousin.
(d) Leo's former boss.
15. Why does Leo nearly lose his temper while singing with Franz?
(a) Max keeps poking him.
(b) Leo keeps falling.
(c) Leo keeps stepping in the pigeons' mess.
(d) Franz keeps kicking and slapping him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a play is The Producers?
2. What does Max call his benefactress who visits him in act 1, scene 2?
3. Which character is NOT singing about Max and Leo at the end of act 1, scene 9?
4. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
5. How does Leo feel about Ulla after meeting her in act 1, scene 8?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)