|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When scene one begins, what time is it?
(a) 5:00 PM.
(b) 8:00 PM.
(c) 12:00 AM.
(d) 10:30 PM.
2. What job does Max offer Ulla until he can officially cast her in the musical?
(b) Secretary and receptionist.
(d) Cleaning lady and repairman.
3. Where does act 1, scene 2 take place?
(a) Leo's office.
(b) Max's home.
(c) Max's office.
(d) The theater.
4. To whom do Max and Leo swear their allegiance, per the oath with Franz?
(a) Adolph Elizabeth Hitler.
(b) Eva Braun.
(c) Heinreich Braun.
(d) Franz Lorre.
5. What is the backdrop of act 1, Scene 9?
(a) Smiley faces.
(b) Broken hearts.
(c) Pictures of Hitler.
(d) Valentine hearts.
6. What is the final hook that Max uses to pull Roger into his project?
(a) He mentions that Roger might win a Tony.
(b) He mentions that Carmen Ghia can play the lead.
(c) He mentions that Roger might meet Ethel Merman at the premiere.
(d) He mentions that Franz is single.
7. According to Leo, what could not possibly compare to going to jail?
(a) Being out of New York forever.
(b) Being an accountant forever.
(c) Being stuck on the subway.
(d) Living at his mother's house forever.
8. How does Leo feel about Ulla after meeting her in act 1, scene 8?
(a) He thinks her accent is strange.
(b) He cannot stand her.
(c) He thinks she is dumb.
(d) He is in love with her.
9. How much of a discrepancy is there in Max's books for his last show?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
10. In what position does Leo find Max in act 1, scene 4?
(a) Crouched on the chair.
(b) Lying on the floor.
(c) Standing on his desk.
11. Who is Roger hoping to look like for the evening's event in act 1, scene 7?
(a) Ethel Merman.
(b) Madame Butterfly.
(c) Franz Liebkind.
(d) Grand Duchess Anastasia.
12. What is Max hoping to find in act 1, scene 5?
(a) The next big hit.
(b) An atrocious script.
(c) Shakespeare's lost work.
(d) A mediocre play he can workshop.
13. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
(a) Leave show business.
(b) End his losing streak.
(c) Find a friend.
(d) Get married.
14. According to the three old ladies in act 1, scene 9, what do they really want in life?
15. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
(a) Leo wants to move to Europe.
(b) Leo wants to become Max's secretary.
(c) Leo wants to help Max produce a musical.
(d) Leo wants to write a musical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max yell out the window to the woman outside in act 1, scene 2?
2. Why could Leo and Max go to jail?
3. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
4. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
5. In what event will Max approve Leo's request in act 1, scene 5?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)