|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roger initially refuse to direct the musical?
(a) He is afraid that he has lost his touch.
(b) He does not want to deal with any Germans.
(c) The topic offends him.
(d) He thinks the war matter is too depressing.
2. What do Leo and the other accountants sing about?
(a) How they want to rob their boss.
(b) How they like their job.
(c) How they dislike their job.
(d) How nice their boss is.
3. Where does the author of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5 live?
(a) Greenwich Village.
4. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
(a) A producer could double his profit off-Broadway.
(b) A bad show could bankrupt the investors.
(c) A revival of a musical could save money.
(d) Done right, a producer could make a lot of money on a bad show.
5. How does Leo feel about the play Max finds?
(a) He thinks it is hilarious.
(b) He thinks it is boring.
(c) He actually finds it to be brilliant.
(d) He is horrified.
6. What is the purpose of the song Max and Leo sing in act 1, scene 4?
(a) It cements their partnership.
(b) They are arguing about their play.
(c) They agree to not get in each other's way.
(d) They argue about whose name goes first on the marquee.
7. What is the first piece of music heard in this show?
(a) The overture.
(c) The entr'acte.
(d) "Springtime for Hitler."
8. How much of a discrepancy is there in Max's books for his last show?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
9. Where do Leo and Max find Franz in act 1, scene 6?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) On the street.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) On the rooftop of his apartment building.
10. What happens in act 1, scene 9 due to Max's actions with the ladies?
(a) He procures the funds for the play.
(b) He insults Ulla.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He collapses in exhaustion.
11. What is Max Bialystock's profession?
(a) Broadway producer.
(b) Broadway actor.
(c) Broadway choreographer.
(d) Broadway director.
12. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
(d) Signed contracts.
13. Who is Leo's boss at his accounting firm?
(a) Mr. Bialystock.
(b) Mr. Holmes.
(c) Mr. Whitehall.
(d) Mr. Marks.
14. What is Leo's dream job?
(a) Broadway director.
(b) Broadway actor.
(c) Broadway producer.
(d) Broadway choreographer.
15. What is Max hoping to find in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A mediocre play he can workshop.
(b) Shakespeare's lost work.
(c) An atrocious script.
(d) The next big hit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
2. In act 1, scene 8, what does the woman auditioning for Max and Leo give as her first name?
3. According to Leo, what could not possibly compare to going to jail?
4. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
5. How does Roger feel about the script for Springtime for Hitler?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)