|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) My Life In The Socialist Party.
(b) A Gay Fantasia on National Themes.
(c) A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden.
(d) A Story of Forbidden Love.
2. What appears at the end of Max and Leo's song in act 1, scene 4?
(a) The moon.
(b) A giant clock.
(c) A lit up water display.
(d) A bar of whiskey and bourbon.
3. What game does Max's benefactress in act 1, scene 2 like to play?
(a) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hunt Great Dane."
(b) "The Swedish Milk Maid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
(c) "The Virgin Milk Maid and the Well-Hung Stable Boy."
(d) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
4. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
(a) Big Broadway productions.
(b) Expermental theater off-Broadway.
(c) Community theater.
(d) Storefront theaters.
5. What is the final hook that Max uses to pull Roger into his project?
(a) He mentions that Franz is single.
(b) He mentions that Carmen Ghia can play the lead.
(c) He mentions that Roger might meet Ethel Merman at the premiere.
(d) He mentions that Roger might win a Tony.
6. Who appears out of the cupboards in Leo's office during his fantasy in act 1, scene 3?
(a) Max Bialystock.
(b) A backstage crew for a Broadway production.
(c) Chorus girls.
(d) A leading lady.
7. What is Franz doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 6?
(a) Feeding homing pigeons.
(d) Exercising his pigeons.
8. What does Max yell out the window to the woman outside in act 1, scene 2?
(a) "When you got it, flaunt it."
(b) "Shake it, baby."
(c) "Want to star in a Broadway musical?"
(d) "Come up and see me sometime."
9. Why does Leo nearly lose his temper while singing with Franz?
(a) Leo keeps stepping in the pigeons' mess.
(b) Franz keeps kicking and slapping him.
(c) Max keeps poking him.
(d) Leo keeps falling.
10. What was Max once considered prior to this show?
(a) The King of Broadway.
(b) The Producer King.
(c) The Producer's Producer.
(d) The King of Stage.
11. What happens when that causes Leo to end up in the fetal position in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Max offers Leo a drink.
(b) Max uses Leo's lucky pen.
(c) Max touches Leo's blue blanket.
(d) Max touches Leo's accountant's visor.
12. What does Max tell Leo about producers and money in act 1, scene 8?
(a) Producers should always put their own money in a show to maximize profits.
(b) Producers should put at least five percent of their income into the show.
(c) Producers should tell people they are investing their own money, but really do not.
(d) A producer should never invest his own money in a production.
13. What are Leo's feelings about his life in act 1, scene 4?
(a) It is his turn for some good fortune.
(b) He is afraid that karma will find him for his good fortune.
(c) He has a good, satisfying life.
(d) He will always be a failure.
14. Who arrives at Max and Leo's office to audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 1, scene 8?
(a) An elderly, German lady.
(b) A beautiful, Swedish lady.
(c) A beautiful English girl.
(d) Hold Me-Touch Me.
15. How is Leo's fantasy abruptly interrupted in act 1, scene 3?
(a) The cleaning lady knocks his file over.
(b) Whitehall offers him a drink.
(c) Marks walks back into the room.
(d) Max begs him for his help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up the chorus in the main song in act 1, scene 9?
2. Why is Roger dressed the way he is in act 1, scene 7?
3. What type of a play is The Producers?
4. How old is Bialystock?
5. What does Franz sing about to his pigeons?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)