|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the location of act 1, scene nine?
(a) "Lady Llama Land."
(b) "Little Old Lady Land."
(c) "Max's Exhausting Week."
(d) "Max's Love Nest."
2. How does the banner dropped at the end of act 1, scene 9 describe Max and Leo's show?
(a) "A New Neo-Nazi Musical."
(b) "A Hilarious Romp with America's Favorite Germans."
(c) "The Side of the Nazis that You Will Never Forget."
(d) "A Gay Fantasia on National Themes."
3. What is the purpose of the song Max and Leo sing in act 1, scene 4?
(a) They argue about whose name goes first on the marquee.
(b) They are arguing about their play.
(c) It cements their partnership.
(d) They agree to not get in each other's way.
4. What are Leo's feelings about his life in act 1, scene 4?
(a) He will always be a failure.
(b) It is his turn for some good fortune.
(c) He has a good, satisfying life.
(d) He is afraid that karma will find him for his good fortune.
5. Who is Roger DeBris?
(a) Max's best friend.
(b) A terrible director.
(c) Franz's French cousin.
(d) Leo's former boss.
6. What does Franz sing about to his pigeons?
(a) His desire to cleanse Hitler's name.
(b) His loneliness without his wife.
(c) His love of animals.
(d) His homesickness for Germany.
7. What is the backdrop of act 1, Scene 9?
(a) Valentine hearts.
(b) Broken hearts.
(c) Smiley faces.
(d) Pictures of Hitler.
8. How much of a discrepancy is there in Max's books for his last show?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
9. How does Leo feel about the play Max finds?
(a) He thinks it is boring.
(b) He actually finds it to be brilliant.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He thinks it is hilarious.
10. What year is it as the play begins?
11. In what event will Max approve Leo's request in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Leo has to become a full producer.
(b) Leo must first cast the musical.
(c) Leo has to make some money first.
(d) Leo must get the contracts signed.
12. In what position does Leo find Max in act 1, scene 4?
(a) Lying on the floor.
(b) Crouched on the chair.
(d) Standing on his desk.
13. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Done right, a producer could make a lot of money on a bad show.
(b) A bad show could bankrupt the investors.
(c) A revival of a musical could save money.
(d) A producer could double his profit off-Broadway.
14. What is Max's idea at the end of act 1, scene 2?
(a) Put on a musical that will close on opening night.
(b) Rob his investors.
(c) Take Funny Boy off-Broadway.
(d) Revive an old musical for no money.
15. What does Leo bring out when Max makes him nervous in act 1, scene 2?
(a) His blue blanket.
(b) His accountant's visor.
(c) His stress ball.
(d) His lucky pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
2. What does Max tell Leo about producers and money in act 1, scene 8?
3. What are Leo and Max doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
4. How does Leo escape his dismal mood in act 1, scene 3?
5. Who is Roger hoping to look like for the evening's event in act 1, scene 7?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)