|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song do Roger and his team sing in act 1, scene 7?
(a) "Make 'em Laugh."
(b) "All You Need is a Jew."
(c) "The Song That Goes Like This."
(d) "Keep It Gay."
2. What does Max put on before he and Leo leave the office in act 1, scene 5?
(a) His vest.
(b) His coat.
(c) A Homburg-style hat.
(d) His belt.
3. Outside of what theater does the first scene in act one take place?
(a) The Neiderlander Theater.
(b) The Schubert Theater.
(c) The Winter Garden Theater.
(d) The Eugene O'Neill Theater.
4. Who appears out of the cupboards in Leo's office during his fantasy in act 1, scene 3?
(a) A leading lady.
(b) A backstage crew for a Broadway production.
(c) Chorus girls.
(d) Max Bialystock.
5. Who is Roger hoping to look like for the evening's event in act 1, scene 7?
(a) Ethel Merman.
(b) Grand Duchess Anastasia.
(c) Franz Liebkind.
(d) Madame Butterfly.
6. What is Franz doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 6?
(c) Exercising his pigeons.
(d) Feeding homing pigeons.
7. What are Leo and Max doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
(a) Drinking bourbon.
(b) Reading scripts.
(d) Making phone calls.
8. In act 1, scene 8, what does the woman auditioning for Max and Leo give as her first name?
(a) Ulla Inga Hansen Bensen Yonsen Tallen-Hallen Svaden-Svanson.
(b) Ulla Snorgen Borgen Yorgen Torgen Callen-Vallen Vu.
(c) Ulla Voulez-vous A Mi Casa Sie Greten.
(d) Ulla Bulla-Lulla Kulla-Dulla Snorgen-Yorgenstein.
9. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Done right, a producer could make a lot of money on a bad show.
(b) A bad show could bankrupt the investors.
(c) A revival of a musical could save money.
(d) A producer could double his profit off-Broadway.
10. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
(a) Leo wants to move to Europe.
(b) Leo wants to help Max produce a musical.
(c) Leo wants to write a musical.
(d) Leo wants to become Max's secretary.
11. Why does Roger initially refuse to direct the musical?
(a) He thinks the war matter is too depressing.
(b) The topic offends him.
(c) He is afraid that he has lost his touch.
(d) He does not want to deal with any Germans.
12. What is Max's idea at the end of act 1, scene 2?
(a) Take Funny Boy off-Broadway.
(b) Rob his investors.
(c) Put on a musical that will close on opening night.
(d) Revive an old musical for no money.
13. What oath must Leo and Max take when they meet Franz?
(a) The Socialistic Siefriedic Oath of Solemnity.
(b) The Siegfried Oath.
(c) The Hitler Oath.
(d) The Mein Daman Oath.
14. How does Leo feel about Ulla after meeting her in act 1, scene 8?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He thinks her accent is strange.
(c) He cannot stand her.
(d) He thinks she is dumb.
15. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
(d) Signed contracts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Roger DeBris?
2. How does act 1, scene 3 end?
3. What game must Max play with Hold Me-Touch Me in act 1, scene 9?
4. Who is the author of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
5. Who is NOT one of the three old ladies in the beginning of act 1, scene 9?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)