|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leo's dream job?
(a) Broadway director.
(b) Broadway choreographer.
(c) Broadway actor.
(d) Broadway producer.
2. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Done right, a producer could make a lot of money on a bad show.
(b) A bad show could bankrupt the investors.
(c) A producer could double his profit off-Broadway.
(d) A revival of a musical could save money.
3. Outside of what theater does the first scene in act one take place?
(a) The Neiderlander Theater.
(b) The Eugene O'Neill Theater.
(c) The Winter Garden Theater.
(d) The Schubert Theater.
4. When scene one begins, what time is it?
(a) 8:00 PM.
(b) 5:00 PM.
(c) 10:30 PM.
(d) 12:00 AM.
5. What is the point of the sound effect at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) It shows they are at a jazz bar.
(b) It shows time passing.
(c) It shows Leo's fear.
(d) It shows that Max is losing his mind.
6. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
7. What year is it as the play begins?
8. What game must Max play with Hold Me-Touch Me in act 1, scene 9?
(a) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hung Great Dane."
(b) "The Swedish MilkMaid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
(c) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
(d) "The Ant and the Spider."
9. What was Max once considered prior to this show?
(a) The King of Stage.
(b) The Producer King.
(c) The Producer's Producer.
(d) The King of Broadway.
10. What does Max yell out the window to the woman outside in act 1, scene 2?
(a) "When you got it, flaunt it."
(b) "Shake it, baby."
(c) "Want to star in a Broadway musical?"
(d) "Come up and see me sometime."
11. What does Leo think of Max when he first meets him?
(a) He thinks Max is the greatest Broadway producer of all time.
(b) He thinks Max is a failure.
(c) He thinks Max is a shady person.
(d) He thinks Max's career is a joke.
12. What do Leo and the other accountants sing about?
(a) How they dislike their job.
(b) How nice their boss is.
(c) How they want to rob their boss.
(d) How they like their job.
13. What song do Roger and his team sing in act 1, scene 7?
(a) "Keep It Gay."
(b) "The Song That Goes Like This."
(c) "Make 'em Laugh."
(d) "All You Need is a Jew."
14. What is Max hoping to find in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Shakespeare's lost work.
(b) An atrocious script.
(c) The next big hit.
(d) A mediocre play he can workshop.
15. How does Leo escape his dismal mood in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He fantasizes about choreographing a huge Broadway production.
(b) He fantasizes about marrying a chorus girl.
(c) He fantasizes about being a Broadway producer.
(d) He fantasizes about starring on Broadway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
2. Where does act 1, scene 2 take place?
3. What is Franz doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 6?
4. How does Roger feel about the script for Springtime for Hitler?
5. What are Leo's feelings about his life in act 1, scene 4?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)