|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
(a) Leo will never amount to anything or progress in his career.
(b) Leo will soon be promoted.
(c) Leo is the smartest accountant he has.
(d) Leo should learn a few tricks from Max.
2. What does Franz deny being a member of?
(a) The Communist party.
(b) The Nazi party.
(c) The Fascists in Italy.
(d) The pacifists in Switzerland.
3. Who is Leo's boss at his accounting firm?
(a) Mr. Bialystock.
(b) Mr. Marks.
(c) Mr. Whitehall.
(d) Mr. Holmes.
4. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A Gay Fantasia on National Themes.
(b) A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden.
(c) A Story of Forbidden Love.
(d) My Life In The Socialist Party.
5. What is the name of the show that has opened and closed in the same night in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) My Eyes, My Eyes.
(c) Funny Boy.
(d) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
6. Who is the author of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Franz Liebkind.
(b) Franz Wunderkind.
(c) Hitler's cousin.
(d) Hansel Liebkin.
7. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Done right, a producer could make a lot of money on a bad show.
(b) A revival of a musical could save money.
(c) A producer could double his profit off-Broadway.
(d) A bad show could bankrupt the investors.
8. Who arrives at Max and Leo's office to audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 1, scene 8?
(a) An elderly, German lady.
(b) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(c) A beautiful, Swedish lady.
(d) A beautiful English girl.
9. What happens in act 1, scene 9 due to Max's actions with the ladies?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) He collapses in exhaustion.
(c) He procures the funds for the play.
(d) He insults Ulla.
10. What is the name of Ulla's song?
(a) "Why Me?"
(b) "Because I Am."
(c) "When You Got It, Flaunt It."
(d) "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood."
11. How much of a discrepancy is there in Max's books for his last show?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Five thousand dollars.
12. In act 1, scene 9, who does Max push on a swing until she gives him a check?
(a) Hug Me-Kiss Me.
(b) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(c) Kiss Me-Feel Me.
(d) Lick Me-Bite Me.
13. What oath must Leo and Max take when they meet Franz?
(a) The Mein Daman Oath.
(b) The Socialistic Siefriedic Oath of Solemnity.
(c) The Hitler Oath.
(d) The Siegfried Oath.
14. What year is it as the play begins?
15. In what position does Leo find Max in act 1, scene 4?
(a) Crouched on the chair.
(c) Standing on his desk.
(d) Lying on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
2. What is the backdrop of act 1, Scene 9?
3. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
4. How does Leo feel about Ulla after meeting her in act 1, scene 8?
5. What does Franz give Max and Leo to wear?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)