|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger feel about the script for Springtime for Hitler?
(a) He think it is too edgy.
(b) He thinks it could use a rewrite.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He hates it.
2. Where does the author of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5 live?
(b) Greenwich Village.
3. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
(a) Get married.
(b) End his losing streak.
(c) Find a friend.
(d) Leave show business.
4. What does Franz give Max and Leo to wear?
(a) Army helmets.
(c) Swastika armbands.
5. What does Max put on before he and Leo leave the office in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A Homburg-style hat.
(b) His coat.
(c) His belt.
(d) His vest.
6. Why does Roger initially refuse to direct the musical?
(a) He does not want to deal with any Germans.
(b) He is afraid that he has lost his touch.
(c) He thinks the war matter is too depressing.
(d) The topic offends him.
7. How do Max and Leo take the oath when Franz is not looking?
(a) They lower their arms.
(b) They cross their fingers.
(c) They stick out their middle fingers.
(d) They switch hands.
8. What is Leo's opinion about his accounting clients?
(a) They are generous and will help him finance the musical.
(b) They are incredibly smart.
(c) They are terrible people who deserve to be robbed.
(d) They are no smarter than he is.
9. What are Leo and Max doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
(a) Reading scripts.
(b) Making phone calls.
(c) Drinking bourbon.
10. How does Leo feel about Ulla after meeting her in act 1, scene 8?
(a) He cannot stand her.
(b) He thinks she is dumb.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He thinks her accent is strange.
11. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) A ticking clock is heard.
(b) Jazz music begins to play.
(c) Leo screams in terror.
(d) Max starts to laugh.
12. In what event will Max approve Leo's request in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Leo has to become a full producer.
(b) Leo must get the contracts signed.
(c) Leo must first cast the musical.
(d) Leo has to make some money first.
13. What is the name of the location of act 1, scene nine?
(a) "Little Old Lady Land."
(b) "Max's Love Nest."
(c) "Lady Llama Land."
(d) "Max's Exhausting Week."
14. What theater is the backdrop of the end of act 1, scene 9?
(a) The Schubert Theater.
(b) The Niederlander Theater.
(c) The Eugene O'Neill Theater.
(d) The Winter Garden Theater.
15. What is Roger wearing when he first meets with Max and Leo?
(a) A long ballgown.
(d) A kimono.
Short Answer Questions
1. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
2. What is the name of the show that has opened and closed in the same night in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who makes up the chorus in the main song in act 1, scene 9?
4. Who arrives at Max and Leo's office to audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 1, scene 8?
5. Where does act 1, scene 2 take place?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)