|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the three old ladies in the beginning of act 1, scene 9?
(a) Hug Me-Kiss Me.
(b) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(c) Lick Me-Bite Me.
(d) Kiss Me-Feel Me.
2. What is Leo's dream job?
(a) Broadway director.
(b) Broadway choreographer.
(c) Broadway producer.
(d) Broadway actor.
3. Who is Leo's boss at his accounting firm?
(a) Mr. Marks.
(b) Mr. Holmes.
(c) Mr. Bialystock.
(d) Mr. Whitehall.
4. What does Max put on before he and Leo leave the office in act 1, scene 5?
(a) His vest.
(b) His belt.
(c) A Homburg-style hat.
(d) His coat.
5. Where does the author of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5 live?
(b) Greenwich Village.
6. What song do Roger and his team sing in act 1, scene 7?
(a) "The Song That Goes Like This."
(b) "All You Need is a Jew."
(c) "Keep It Gay."
(d) "Make 'em Laugh."
7. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
(a) Leo wants to help Max produce a musical.
(b) Leo wants to write a musical.
(c) Leo wants to move to Europe.
(d) Leo wants to become Max's secretary.
8. What does Franz hope that his script will do?
(a) Show that Germans have a sense of humor.
(b) Celebrate the Jewish faith.
(c) Expose the ugliness of the war.
(d) Show the good side of Hitler.
9. What theater is the backdrop of the end of act 1, scene 9?
(a) The Winter Garden Theater.
(b) The Niederlander Theater.
(c) The Eugene O'Neill Theater.
(d) The Schubert Theater.
10. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
(c) Signed contracts.
11. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
(a) Leo will never amount to anything or progress in his career.
(b) Leo will soon be promoted.
(c) Leo is the smartest accountant he has.
(d) Leo should learn a few tricks from Max.
12. How does Leo feel about the play Max finds?
(a) He thinks it is boring.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He actually finds it to be brilliant.
(d) He thinks it is hilarious.
13. How does Leo feel about Ulla after meeting her in act 1, scene 8?
(a) He cannot stand her.
(b) He thinks she is dumb.
(c) He thinks her accent is strange.
(d) He is in love with her.
14. What does Max yell out the window to the woman outside in act 1, scene 2?
(a) "Want to star in a Broadway musical?"
(b) "Shake it, baby."
(c) "When you got it, flaunt it."
(d) "Come up and see me sometime."
15. What is the purpose of the song Max and Leo sing in act 1, scene 4?
(a) They argue about whose name goes first on the marquee.
(b) They are arguing about their play.
(c) It cements their partnership.
(d) They agree to not get in each other's way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
2. What appears at the end of Max and Leo's song in act 1, scene 4?
3. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
4. In act 1, scene 8, what does the woman auditioning for Max and Leo give as her first name?
5. What does Leo think of Max when he first meets him?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)