|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in act 1, scene 9 due to Max's actions with the ladies?
(a) He collapses in exhaustion.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He insults Ulla.
(d) He procures the funds for the play.
2. Where is Leo coming from in the beginning of act1, scene 4?
(a) His office.
(b) His apartment.
(c) The store.
(d) The bar.
3. Who is the author of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Hitler's cousin.
(b) Franz Liebkind.
(c) Hansel Liebkin.
(d) Franz Wunderkind.
4. Why is Roger dressed the way he is in act 1, scene 7?
(a) He is going to the Choreographer's Ball.
(b) He is going to Oktoberfest.
(c) He is going to a Japanese festival.
(d) He is going to a ball for experimental, abstract costumers.
5. Where does act 1, scene 2 take place?
(a) Leo's office.
(b) Max's home.
(c) The theater.
(d) Max's office.
6. Outside of what theater does the first scene in act one take place?
(a) The Eugene O'Neill Theater.
(b) The Winter Garden Theater.
(c) The Neiderlander Theater.
(d) The Schubert Theater.
7. How old is Bialystock?
(a) In his twenties.
(b) In his sixties.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his forties.
8. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
(a) "Das Ist Mein Hop Clop."
(b) "Nein Tag Der Guten."
(c) "Der Tenenbaum Zue Hop Clop."
(d) "Der Guten Tag Hop Clop."
9. Which character is NOT singing about Max and Leo at the end of act 1, scene 9?
(c) Mr. Marks.
10. In Leo's fantasy in act 1, scene 3, what is glowing on the marquee?
(a) Max's name.
(b) The play's name.
(c) His wife's name.
(d) His name.
11. How does Leo feel about the play Max finds?
(a) He thinks it is hilarious.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He actually finds it to be brilliant.
(d) He thinks it is boring.
12. What is the name of the location of act 1, scene nine?
(a) "Lady Llama Land."
(b) "Max's Exhausting Week."
(c) "Little Old Lady Land."
(d) "Max's Love Nest."
13. What is the name of the show that has opened and closed in the same night in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
(b) Funny Boy.
(d) My Eyes, My Eyes.
14. What game must Max play with Hold Me-Touch Me in act 1, scene 9?
(a) "The Swedish MilkMaid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
(b) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
(c) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hung Great Dane."
(d) "The Ant and the Spider."
15. What is the name of Ulla's song?
(a) "When You Got It, Flaunt It."
(b) "Why Me?"
(c) "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood."
(d) "Because I Am."
Short Answer Questions
1. In act 1, scene 8, what does the woman auditioning for Max and Leo give as her first name?
2. What year is it as the play begins?
3. In what event will Max approve Leo's request in act 1, scene 5?
4. Who makes up Roger's team (the chorus) in the song in act 1, scene 7?
5. In act 1, scene 9, who does Max push on a swing until she gives him a check?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)