|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
(a) A kimono.
(b) A German army uniform.
(c) Lederhosen and an army helmet.
(d) A milkmaid's garment.
2. What is Leo's opinion about his accounting clients?
(a) They are terrible people who deserve to be robbed.
(b) They are no smarter than he is.
(c) They are incredibly smart.
(d) They are generous and will help him finance the musical.
3. What happens during Leo's fantasy sequence?
(a) Leo becomes the most succesful director of all time.
(b) Leo stars in his own Broadway show.
(c) Max makes him a millionaire.
(d) Leo sings and dances with chorus girls.
4. Why does Leo nearly lose his temper while singing with Franz?
(a) Leo keeps falling.
(b) Leo keeps stepping in the pigeons' mess.
(c) Franz keeps kicking and slapping him.
(d) Max keeps poking him.
5. How does Leo escape his dismal mood in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He fantasizes about marrying a chorus girl.
(b) He fantasizes about being a Broadway producer.
(c) He fantasizes about starring on Broadway.
(d) He fantasizes about choreographing a huge Broadway production.
6. What is Bialystock hiding his face behind when he first enters at the beginning of the show?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) His hat.
(c) A placard.
(d) A playbill.
7. What happens when that causes Leo to end up in the fetal position in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Max touches Leo's accountant's visor.
(b) Max offers Leo a drink.
(c) Max uses Leo's lucky pen.
(d) Max touches Leo's blue blanket.
8. Who is the author of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Franz Wunderkind.
(b) Hitler's cousin.
(c) Franz Liebkind.
(d) Hansel Liebkin.
9. What firm does Leo Bloom work for?
(a) Whitehall and Marks.
(b) Whitehall and Max.
(c) Whitechapel and Franks.
(d) Holmes and Franklin.
10. Where does the author of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5 live?
(c) Greenwich Village.
11. What is Max's idea at the end of act 1, scene 2?
(a) Put on a musical that will close on opening night.
(b) Revive an old musical for no money.
(c) Rob his investors.
(d) Take Funny Boy off-Broadway.
12. In what position does Leo find Max in act 1, scene 4?
(a) Lying on the floor.
(b) Standing on his desk.
(d) Crouched on the chair.
13. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) Max starts to laugh.
(b) Jazz music begins to play.
(c) Leo screams in terror.
(d) A ticking clock is heard.
14. Where does Leo go in act 1, scene 4?
(a) The bar.
(b) Max's office.
(c) A theater.
(d) Leo's house.
15. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Leo, what could not possibly compare to going to jail?
2. How do Max and Leo take the oath when Franz is not looking?
3. What does Franz sing about to his pigeons?
4. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
5. How does Leo feel about Ulla after meeting her in act 1, scene 8?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)