|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo tell his boss at the end of act 1, scene 3?
(a) He quits.
(b) He wants to be promoted.
(c) He wants to thank him for his help in his career.
(d) He wants to take a leave of absence.
2. What is Leo's opinion about his accounting clients?
(a) They are incredibly smart.
(b) They are generous and will help him finance the musical.
(c) They are no smarter than he is.
(d) They are terrible people who deserve to be robbed.
3. When scene one begins, what time is it?
(a) 5:00 PM.
(b) 8:00 PM.
(c) 10:30 PM.
(d) 12:00 AM.
4. What is Franz doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 6?
(a) Exercising his pigeons.
(b) Feeding homing pigeons.
5. What is the name of the show that has opened and closed in the same night in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) My Eyes, My Eyes.
(b) Funny Boy.
(d) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
6. What happens when that causes Leo to end up in the fetal position in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Max uses Leo's lucky pen.
(b) Max offers Leo a drink.
(c) Max touches Leo's blue blanket.
(d) Max touches Leo's accountant's visor.
7. What firm does Leo Bloom work for?
(a) Whitehall and Max.
(b) Whitechapel and Franks.
(c) Whitehall and Marks.
(d) Holmes and Franklin.
8. What is the backdrop of act 1, Scene 9?
(a) Valentine hearts.
(b) Pictures of Hitler.
(c) Smiley faces.
(d) Broken hearts.
9. What does Franz hope that his script will do?
(a) Expose the ugliness of the war.
(b) Celebrate the Jewish faith.
(c) Show the good side of Hitler.
(d) Show that Germans have a sense of humor.
10. What was Max once considered prior to this show?
(a) The King of Broadway.
(b) The Producer King.
(c) The Producer's Producer.
(d) The King of Stage.
11. What is the purpose of the song Max and Leo sing in act 1, scene 4?
(a) It cements their partnership.
(b) They agree to not get in each other's way.
(c) They are arguing about their play.
(d) They argue about whose name goes first on the marquee.
12. What does Leo bring out when Max makes him nervous in act 1, scene 2?
(a) His stress ball.
(b) His lucky pen.
(c) His blue blanket.
(d) His accountant's visor.
13. Where does act 1, scene 2 take place?
(a) Max's home.
(b) The theater.
(c) Max's office.
(d) Leo's office.
14. Before she starts singing in act 1, scene 8, what does Ulla claim as inspiration for her song?
(a) She watched a man dancing in the streets.
(b) It is a traditional Swedish folk song.
(c) It makes her feel confident.
(d) A man yelled at her from an office window the day before.
15. What is Max Bialystock's profession?
(a) Broadway director.
(b) Broadway choreographer.
(c) Broadway actor.
(d) Broadway producer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of a discrepancy is there in Max's books for his last show?
2. Who is NOT one of the three old ladies in the beginning of act 1, scene 9?
3. How does Leo feel about the play Max finds?
4. What is Roger wearing when he first meets with Max and Leo?
5. Which character is NOT singing about Max and Leo at the end of act 1, scene 9?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)