|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo think of Max when he first meets him?
(a) He thinks Max is a shady person.
(b) He thinks Max is a failure.
(c) He thinks Max's career is a joke.
(d) He thinks Max is the greatest Broadway producer of all time.
2. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A leather belt.
(b) A producer's hat like Max.
(c) A tweed vest.
(d) A long coat.
3. In what position does Leo find Max in act 1, scene 4?
(b) Lying on the floor.
(c) Crouched on the chair.
(d) Standing on his desk.
4. What year is it as the play begins?
5. How does Roger feel about the script for Springtime for Hitler?
(a) He think it is too edgy.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He thinks it could use a rewrite.
6. What is the name of the show that has opened and closed in the same night in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) My Eyes, My Eyes.
(c) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
(d) Funny Boy.
7. What is Max hoping to find in act 1, scene 5?
(a) An atrocious script.
(b) The next big hit.
(c) Shakespeare's lost work.
(d) A mediocre play he can workshop.
8. Where is Leo coming from in the beginning of act1, scene 4?
(a) The bar.
(b) His office.
(c) The store.
(d) His apartment.
9. Why could Leo and Max go to jail?
(a) They are going to use illegal immigrants to build their set.
(b) They are going to burn down their theater and collect on the insurance.
(c) They are going to steal someone's play.
(d) They are going to commit fraud with a bad musical.
10. In act 1, scene 9, who does Max push on a swing until she gives him a check?
(a) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(b) Hug Me-Kiss Me.
(c) Kiss Me-Feel Me.
(d) Lick Me-Bite Me.
11. In Leo's fantasy in act 1, scene 3, what is glowing on the marquee?
(a) Max's name.
(b) The play's name.
(c) His wife's name.
(d) His name.
12. When scene one begins, what time is it?
(a) 12:00 AM.
(b) 5:00 PM.
(c) 8:00 PM.
(d) 10:30 PM.
13. What do Leo and the other accountants sing about?
(a) How nice their boss is.
(b) How they want to rob their boss.
(c) How they like their job.
(d) How they dislike their job.
14. What are Leo and Max doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
(b) Making phone calls.
(c) Reading scripts.
(d) Drinking bourbon.
15. What does Leo's boss tell him at the beginning of act 1, scene 3?
(a) Leo will never amount to anything or progress in his career.
(b) Leo is the smartest accountant he has.
(c) Leo will soon be promoted.
(d) Leo should learn a few tricks from Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
2. Why does Max allow the woman to audition ahead of time?
3. What is Leo's dream job?
4. What type of a play is The Producers?
5. What does Max call his benefactress who visits him in act 1, scene 2?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)