|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo bring out when Max makes him nervous in act 1, scene 2?
(a) His lucky pen.
(b) His blue blanket.
(c) His stress ball.
(d) His accountant's visor.
2. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
(a) "Nein Tag Der Guten."
(b) "Das Ist Mein Hop Clop."
(c) "Der Tenenbaum Zue Hop Clop."
(d) "Der Guten Tag Hop Clop."
3. What does Max call his benefactress who visits him in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Lick Me- Bite Me.
(b) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(c) Hug Me-Kiss Me.
(d) Kiss Me-Lick Me.
4. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Done right, a producer could make a lot of money on a bad show.
(b) A bad show could bankrupt the investors.
(c) A producer could double his profit off-Broadway.
(d) A revival of a musical could save money.
5. What do Leo and the other accountants sing about?
(a) How they like their job.
(b) How they want to rob their boss.
(c) How nice their boss is.
(d) How they dislike their job.
6. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He did not show up for work that morning.
(b) His boss found out about his creative book-keeping for Max.
(c) He did not drop Max as a client.
(d) He is six minutes late.
7. What oath must Leo and Max take when they meet Franz?
(a) The Siegfried Oath.
(b) The Mein Daman Oath.
(c) The Socialistic Siefriedic Oath of Solemnity.
(d) The Hitler Oath.
8. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A Gay Fantasia on National Themes.
(b) A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden.
(c) My Life In The Socialist Party.
(d) A Story of Forbidden Love.
9. What are Leo and Max doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
(b) Drinking bourbon.
(c) Reading scripts.
(d) Making phone calls.
10. What song does the doorbell at Roger's apartment play?
(a) "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning."
(b) "The Pirate King."
(c) "Send in the Clowns."
(d) "I Feel Pretty."
11. Where does Leo go in act 1, scene 4?
(a) Max's office.
(b) The bar.
(c) A theater.
(d) Leo's house.
12. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
(a) Leo wants to write a musical.
(b) Leo wants to help Max produce a musical.
(c) Leo wants to become Max's secretary.
(d) Leo wants to move to Europe.
13. What does Max yell out the window to the woman outside in act 1, scene 2?
(a) "Come up and see me sometime."
(b) "Want to star in a Broadway musical?"
(c) "Shake it, baby."
(d) "When you got it, flaunt it."
14. In act 1, scene 8, what do Max and Leo bring back to the office after meeting with Roger?
(c) Signed contracts.
15. What is the point of the sound effect at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) It shows time passing.
(b) It shows that Max is losing his mind.
(c) It shows Leo's fear.
(d) It shows they are at a jazz bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up Roger's team (the chorus) in the song in act 1, scene 7?
2. What firm does Leo Bloom work for?
3. Where do Leo and Max find Franz in act 1, scene 6?
4. What is the name of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
5. Who is Roger DeBris?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)