|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roger initially refuse to direct the musical?
(a) The topic offends him.
(b) He does not want to deal with any Germans.
(c) He is afraid that he has lost his touch.
(d) He thinks the war matter is too depressing.
2. What does Leo think of Max when he first meets him?
(a) He thinks Max is a shady person.
(b) He thinks Max's career is a joke.
(c) He thinks Max is a failure.
(d) He thinks Max is the greatest Broadway producer of all time.
3. What theater is the backdrop of the end of act 1, scene 9?
(a) The Eugene O'Neill Theater.
(b) The Schubert Theater.
(c) The Niederlander Theater.
(d) The Winter Garden Theater.
4. Who answers the door at Roger's apartment in act 1, scene 7?
(a) Gaia Ghia Carmina.
(b) Carmen Ghia.
(c) Maria Chinquito Poquito de la Barcelona.
(d) Carman Miranda.
5. How does act 1, scene 3 end?
(a) Leo tap dances on the accountants' desks.
(b) Leo runs to Max's office.
(c) The chorus girls surround Leo as his name shines from a marquee.
(d) Leo sings the breakout song of the show he wants to direct.
6. Which character is NOT singing about Max and Leo at the end of act 1, scene 9?
(c) Mr. Marks.
7. What is the backdrop of act 1, Scene 9?
(a) Broken hearts.
(b) Pictures of Hitler.
(c) Smiley faces.
(d) Valentine hearts.
8. What is Franz doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 6?
(b) Feeding homing pigeons.
(d) Exercising his pigeons.
9. At the end of act 1, scene 8, where does Max tell Leo he will be going?
(a) Ulla Ulla Ulla Land.
(b) Hold Me-Touch Me's House of Joy.
(c) Leo's Little Limey Fun Time.
(d) Little Old Lady Land.
10. Why does Leo nearly lose his temper while singing with Franz?
(a) Franz keeps kicking and slapping him.
(b) Leo keeps falling.
(c) Leo keeps stepping in the pigeons' mess.
(d) Max keeps poking him.
11. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
12. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
(a) Lederhosen and an army helmet.
(b) A German army uniform.
(c) A kimono.
(d) A milkmaid's garment.
13. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
(a) "Der Guten Tag Hop Clop."
(b) "Das Ist Mein Hop Clop."
(c) "Nein Tag Der Guten."
(d) "Der Tenenbaum Zue Hop Clop."
14. Who arrives at Max and Leo's office to audition for Springtime for Hitler in act 1, scene 8?
(a) A beautiful, Swedish lady.
(b) A beautiful English girl.
(c) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(d) An elderly, German lady.
15. Who makes up Roger's team (the chorus) in the song in act 1, scene 7?
(a) Cleaning ladies.
(b) Men dressed as Leo and Max.
(d) Glitzy chorus girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Roger DeBris?
2. What is Bialystock hiding his face behind when he first enters at the beginning of the show?
3. Who makes up the chorus in the main song in act 1, scene 9?
4. According to Leo, what could not possibly compare to going to jail?
5. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)