|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
(a) Leo wants to help Max produce a musical.
(b) Leo wants to become Max's secretary.
(c) Leo wants to write a musical.
(d) Leo wants to move to Europe.
2. What does Leo give his boss at the end of act 1, scene 3?
(a) The books from Funny Boy.
(b) His pencils and accountant's visor.
(c) A report about Max's fraudulent spending.
(d) A script he wrote that Marks can give to Max.
3. What are Leo and Max doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
(a) Making phone calls.
(b) Reading scripts.
(c) Drinking bourbon.
4. What does Leo get in trouble for when he arrives at the office in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He did not drop Max as a client.
(b) His boss found out about his creative book-keeping for Max.
(c) He did not show up for work that morning.
(d) He is six minutes late.
5. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
(a) Big Broadway productions.
(b) Storefront theaters.
(c) Expermental theater off-Broadway.
(d) Community theater.
6. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
7. What is Max hoping to find in act 1, scene 5?
(a) An atrocious script.
(b) A mediocre play he can workshop.
(c) Shakespeare's lost work.
(d) The next big hit.
8. How does the banner dropped at the end of act 1, scene 9 describe Max and Leo's show?
(a) "A New Neo-Nazi Musical."
(b) "A Hilarious Romp with America's Favorite Germans."
(c) "The Side of the Nazis that You Will Never Forget."
(d) "A Gay Fantasia on National Themes."
9. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
10. What year is it as the play begins?
11. What is Franz wearing when Max and Leo find him?
(a) A kimono.
(b) A German army uniform.
(c) Lederhosen and an army helmet.
(d) A milkmaid's garment.
12. Where do Leo and Max find Franz in act 1, scene 6?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) On the street.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) On the rooftop of his apartment building.
13. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) Leo screams in terror.
(b) Jazz music begins to play.
(c) Max starts to laugh.
(d) A ticking clock is heard.
14. Who is Roger DeBris?
(a) Franz's French cousin.
(b) A terrible director.
(c) Leo's former boss.
(d) Max's best friend.
15. How much of a discrepancy is there in Max's books for his last show?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franz give Max and Leo to wear?
2. What is the name of the play that Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
3. At the end of act 1, scene 8, where does Max tell Leo he will be going?
4. According to the three old ladies in act 1, scene 9, what do they really want in life?
5. In Leo's fantasy in act 1, scene 3, what is glowing on the marquee?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)