|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leo nearly lose his temper while singing with Franz?
(a) Leo keeps falling.
(b) Franz keeps kicking and slapping him.
(c) Leo keeps stepping in the pigeons' mess.
(d) Max keeps poking him.
2. What happens when the stage goes dark at the end of act 1, scene 4?
(a) Leo screams in terror.
(b) A ticking clock is heard.
(c) Jazz music begins to play.
(d) Max starts to laugh.
3. What appears at the end of Max and Leo's song in act 1, scene 4?
(a) The moon.
(b) A giant clock.
(c) A bar of whiskey and bourbon.
(d) A lit up water display.
4. Why is Roger dressed the way he is in act 1, scene 7?
(a) He is going to a ball for experimental, abstract costumers.
(b) He is going to a Japanese festival.
(c) He is going to the Choreographer's Ball.
(d) He is going to Oktoberfest.
5. What does Franz give Max and Leo to wear?
(a) Swastika armbands.
(c) Army helmets.
6. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A producer's hat like Max.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) A tweed vest.
(d) A long coat.
7. Why does Max allow the woman to audition ahead of time?
(a) He wants to set her up with Leo.
(b) She begs him to let her audition.
(c) He feels sorry for her.
(d) He is attracted to her.
8. What does the chorus dance with in act 1, scene 9?
9. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
(a) Get married.
(b) Leave show business.
(c) End his losing streak.
(d) Find a friend.
10. What game must Max play with Hold Me-Touch Me in act 1, scene 9?
(a) "The Little Mermaid and the Angry Shark."
(b) "The Ant and the Spider."
(c) "The Hairless Chihuahua and the Well-Hung Great Dane."
(d) "The Swedish MilkMaid and the Well-Hung Carpenter."
11. What must Max and Leo sing and dance to with Franz?
(a) "Nein Tag Der Guten."
(b) "Der Guten Tag Hop Clop."
(c) "Der Tenenbaum Zue Hop Clop."
(d) "Das Ist Mein Hop Clop."
12. Where does Leo go in act 1, scene 4?
(a) A theater.
(b) Max's office.
(c) The bar.
(d) Leo's house.
13. What is Bialystock hiding his face behind when he first enters at the beginning of the show?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) His hat.
(c) A playbill.
(d) A placard.
14. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
(a) Expermental theater off-Broadway.
(b) Storefront theaters.
(c) Community theater.
(d) Big Broadway productions.
15. In what position does Leo find Max in act 1, scene 4?
(a) Lying on the floor.
(b) Standing on his desk.
(c) Crouched on the chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leo feel about Ulla after meeting her in act 1, scene 8?
2. How much money does Max say they need for their plan to work?
3. Outside of what theater does the first scene in act one take place?
4. What does Leo say that catches Max's attention in act 1, scene 2?
5. What does Franz hope that his script will do?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)