|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leo's opinion about his accounting clients?
(a) They are terrible people who deserve to be robbed.
(b) They are no smarter than he is.
(c) They are generous and will help him finance the musical.
(d) They are incredibly smart.
2. What does Max call his benefactress who visits him in act 1, scene 2?
(a) Hug Me-Kiss Me.
(b) Kiss Me-Lick Me.
(c) Hold Me-Touch Me.
(d) Lick Me- Bite Me.
3. In Leo's fantasy in act 1, scene 3, what is glowing on the marquee?
(a) His name.
(b) His wife's name.
(c) Max's name.
(d) The play's name.
4. Where is Leo coming from in the beginning of act1, scene 4?
(a) The store.
(b) The bar.
(c) His office.
(d) His apartment.
5. Who appears out of the cupboards in Leo's office during his fantasy in act 1, scene 3?
(a) Chorus girls.
(b) A backstage crew for a Broadway production.
(c) A leading lady.
(d) Max Bialystock.
6. How does the banner dropped at the end of act 1, scene 9 describe Max and Leo's show?
(a) "A Hilarious Romp with America's Favorite Germans."
(b) "A Gay Fantasia on National Themes."
(c) "A New Neo-Nazi Musical."
(d) "The Side of the Nazis that You Will Never Forget."
7. What is Roger wearing when he first meets with Max and Leo?
(a) A long ballgown.
(b) A kimono.
8. What type of a play is The Producers?
(c) Shakespearean comedy.
9. What does Leo tell his boss at the end of act 1, scene 3?
(a) He wants to thank him for his help in his career.
(b) He wants to take a leave of absence.
(c) He quits.
(d) He wants to be promoted.
10. What does Leo think of Max when he first meets him?
(a) He thinks Max is a shady person.
(b) He thinks Max is the greatest Broadway producer of all time.
(c) He thinks Max's career is a joke.
(d) He thinks Max is a failure.
11. What word does Leo offer up about the play that helps to convince Roger to direct it?
12. At the end of act 1, scene 8, where does Max tell Leo he will be going?
(a) Ulla Ulla Ulla Land.
(b) Leo's Little Limey Fun Time.
(c) Little Old Lady Land.
(d) Hold Me-Touch Me's House of Joy.
13. What is Leo's dream job?
(a) Broadway director.
(b) Broadway producer.
(c) Broadway choreographer.
(d) Broadway actor.
14. What does Max tell Leo about producers and money in act 1, scene 8?
(a) Producers should always put their own money in a show to maximize profits.
(b) Producers should tell people they are investing their own money, but really do not.
(c) A producer should never invest his own money in a production.
(d) Producers should put at least five percent of their income into the show.
15. Which character is NOT singing about Max and Leo at the end of act 1, scene 9?
(d) Mr. Marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roger feel about the script for Springtime for Hitler?
2. What happens during Leo's fantasy sequence?
3. What does Max put on before he and Leo leave the office in act 1, scene 5?
4. In act 1, scene 8, what does the woman auditioning for Max and Leo give as her first name?
5. What is the name of Ulla's song?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)