Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. In the beginning of the musical, what has happened to Bialystock's latest production and why?
2. What is significant about Bialystock being middle-aged and disheveled?
3. What is Max's job and his history with show business?
4. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 2
5. Who is Hold-Me Touch-Me?
6. How is Leo's neuroses shown in act 1, scene 2?
7. What idea...
This section contains 817 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)