|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
(a) Big Broadway productions.
(b) Community theater.
(c) Expermental theater off-Broadway.
(d) Storefront theaters.
2. Why could Leo and Max go to jail?
(a) They are going to use illegal immigrants to build their set.
(b) They are going to steal someone's play.
(c) They are going to burn down their theater and collect on the insurance.
(d) They are going to commit fraud with a bad musical.
3. What is the subtitle of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A Gay Fantasia on National Themes.
(b) A Story of Forbidden Love.
(c) A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden.
(d) My Life In The Socialist Party.
4. What does Leo tell his boss at the end of act 1, scene 3?
(a) He wants to thank him for his help in his career.
(b) He wants to be promoted.
(c) He quits.
(d) He wants to take a leave of absence.
5. Who is Leo's boss at his accounting firm?
(a) Mr. Bialystock.
(b) Mr. Holmes.
(c) Mr. Whitehall.
(d) Mr. Marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it as the play begins?
2. What is Max Bialystock's profession?
3. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
4. How does act 1, scene 3 end?
5. What are Leo and Max doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)