|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max, what must the author of the play be used to?
(a) Big Broadway productions.
(b) Community theater.
(c) Expermental theater off-Broadway.
(d) Storefront theaters.
2. What is Max hoping to find in act 1, scene 5?
(a) Shakespeare's lost work.
(b) The next big hit.
(c) A mediocre play he can workshop.
(d) An atrocious script.
3. What are Leo and Max doing at the beginning of act 1, scene 5?
(a) Making phone calls.
(b) Drinking bourbon.
(c) Reading scripts.
4. Why could Leo and Max go to jail?
(a) They are going to burn down their theater and collect on the insurance.
(b) They are going to commit fraud with a bad musical.
(c) They are going to steal someone's play.
(d) They are going to use illegal immigrants to build their set.
5. Who appears out of the cupboards in Leo's office during his fantasy in act 1, scene 3?
(a) A leading lady.
(b) A backstage crew for a Broadway production.
(c) Max Bialystock.
(d) Chorus girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
2. How old is Bialystock?
3. What game does Max's benefactress in act 1, scene 2 like to play?
4. Outside of what theater does the first scene in act one take place?
5. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)