|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does act 1, scene 3 end?
(a) Leo tap dances on the accountants' desks.
(b) The chorus girls surround Leo as his name shines from a marquee.
(c) Leo sings the breakout song of the show he wants to direct.
(d) Leo runs to Max's office.
2. How does Leo escape his dismal mood in act 1, scene 3?
(a) He fantasizes about marrying a chorus girl.
(b) He fantasizes about starring on Broadway.
(c) He fantasizes about choreographing a huge Broadway production.
(d) He fantasizes about being a Broadway producer.
3. In act 1, scene 4, what decision does Leo tell Max?
(a) Leo wants to become Max's secretary.
(b) Leo wants to help Max produce a musical.
(c) Leo wants to move to Europe.
(d) Leo wants to write a musical.
4. What does Max vow to do at the end of act 1, scene 1?
(a) Find a friend.
(b) End his losing streak.
(c) Leave show business.
(d) Get married.
5. What does Leo request to wear before leaving the office in act 1, scene 5?
(a) A producer's hat like Max.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) A long coat.
(d) A tweed vest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Leo coming from in the beginning of act1, scene 4?
2. What happens during Leo's fantasy sequence?
3. Who is the author of the play Max finds in act 1, scene 5?
4. What appears at the end of Max and Leo's song in act 1, scene 4?
5. Where does act 1, scene 2 take place?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)