|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what did Lusa raise in shoeboxes?
2. Where does Garnett find Nannie, in Chapter 17?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) At the store.
(c) In an apple tree.
(d) At the park.
3. What insect does not eat plants?
(b) Japanese beetle.
4. What does Deanna feel is a human mistake?
(d) Organized religion.
5. What is Nannie wearing, in Chapter 23, which surprises Garnett?
(a) Short pants.
(b) A fancy ring.
(c) A halter top.
(d) Flip flops.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what does Lusa tell Little Rickie that she is going to be soon?
2. What is the shape of Nannie's shingles?
3. What does Deanna finally admit to herself, in Chapter 25?
4. What is the other name of Highway 6?
5. How old is Nannie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Garnett embarrass himself in Chapter 28?
2. What are some of the ghost experiences in the house that Lusa relates to Crys?
3. What does Nannie do, in Chapter 20, that makes Garnett realize how starved he is for human touch?
4. Why is the first cold day a day that Deanna will never forget?
5. In Chapter 17, what remark does Nannie make that causes Garnett to wonder if he may have been responsible for his wife's death?
6. In Chapter 30, Lusa is finally beginning to feel like what?
7. In Chapter 27, what does Lusa find out about the father of Jewel's children?
8. How does Lusa respond to Little Rickie's invitation to have sex?
9. What reasons does Lusa give Jewel for wanting to adopt her children?
10. Nannie is upset because the church fumigated for bees and now honey is oozing out of the walls. What does she think they should have done instead?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)