|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lusa spending time with, in Chapter 21?
(a) Little Rickie.
(c) Crys and Lowell.
2. In Chapter 26, whom is the Forest Service agent looking for?
3. What is the reason that Lusa gives Crys for keeping the farm, in Chapter 21?
(b) She needs something that is all hers.
(c) To prove that she can do it.
(d) Cole's memory.
4. What is covering Lusa's garage?
(b) Spider webs.
5. In their childhood, Deanna and Rachel played in what?
(a) The backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Garnett gradually realizing about Nannie?
2. What does Deanna do with Eddie's note?
3. What grade did Deanna teach, when she was married?
4. What kind of surgery does Garnett's doctor want him to have?
5. What is the rumor around town about Lusa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Deanna finally opens up to Eddie about her half-sister, in Chapter 16. What does she tell him?
2. What secret does Lusa tell Crys, in Chapter 21?
3. Why is Deanna anxious about Eddie reading her thesis?
4. What realizations does Deanna have, alone in a rainstorm, in Chapter 29?
5. In Chapter 23, what are Garnett and Nannie's differing views on old age?
6. In Chapter 24, what reason does Lusa give Jewel for using every bit of produce from her garden?
7. What does Garnett tell Nannie is the reason that he will not reach out to his son?
8. What does the snake, leaving the cabin, symbolize for Deanna, in Chapter 22?
9. What does Nannie do, in Chapter 20, that makes Garnett realize how starved he is for human touch?
10. In Chapter 30, Lusa starts to think of Cole in a different manner. What is this?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)