|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nannie, there is nothing as important as having what?
2. What does Garnett tell Nannie that he has been to her?
(a) A confidante.
(b) A protector.
(c) A friend.
(d) A good neighbor.
3. How much is Lusa going to get, per pound, for her herd?
4. Deanna fears that she is what?
(b) Going to be fired.
5. What exciting news does Nannie give Garnett, in Chapter 20?
(a) She's accepted a job.
(b) Egg Fork is having a celebration.
(c) She's moving.
(d) American chestnuts have survived on her property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Lusa have to treat in her herd?
2. Whom is Lowell afraid of?
3. What does Deanna use, instead of a stamp, on her letter to Nannie?
4. How many times has Deanna been caught outside in a lightning storm?
5. What do Lusa and Little Rickie see in the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what does Lusa find out about the father of Jewel's children?
2. What reasons does Lusa give Jewel for wanting to adopt her children?
3. How does Lusa respond to Little Rickie's invitation to have sex?
4. What do Nannie and Garnett call each other, at the end of Chapter 28?
5. Deanna finally opens up to Eddie about her half-sister, in Chapter 16. What does she tell him?
6. Why is the first cold day a day that Deanna will never forget?
7. What does the snake, leaving the cabin, symbolize for Deanna, in Chapter 22?
8. Why is Deanna anxious about Eddie reading her thesis?
9. How does Garnett embarrass himself in Chapter 28?
10. In Chapter 23, what are Garnett and Nannie's differing views on old age?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)