|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed Garnett's chestnut trees?
2. Whom do Eddie & Deanna find in a tree?
(a) Sam Hill.
(b) Joel Sexton.
(c) Herb Goins.
(d) Little Rickie Bowling.
3. How old is Eddie?
4. What color is the mold that attacks tobacco plants?
5. What significant event passes for Lusa in Chapter 8?
(a) Cole's birthday.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Her wedding anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Garnett on the telephone in Chapter 14?
2. What is the roof of Lusa's farmhouse made of?
3. What was the name of Deanna's half-sister?
4. What does Lusa say that the cows will eat?
5. What does the sign say that Nannie puts in Garnett's yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Garnett's religious beliefs, when is it okay for an animal species to go extinct?
2. What is Eddie like, at the beginning of the book and how does Deanna react to him?
3. Why does Deanna physically attack Eddie, in Chapter 7?
4. What is the ritual for traditional Muslin prayer?
5. What is Garnett's basic persona, when we first get to know him?
6. Do you think it odd that Lusa dreams of a moth making love to her?
7. In Chapter 15, Lusa finds she is happier than she has been a long time. Explain this change.
8. In Chapter 12, Garnett suspects that Nannie has slandered his name. What is the situation?
9. Do you think the way the townspeople treat Lusa at Cole's wake is right?
10. What is a "windfall" in the forest?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)