|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Garnett describe Nannie's view of life?
2. Where would Garnett play, as a boy?
(a) At the neighbors.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In trees.
(d) In a chestnut log.
3. Where is Deanna sitting at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) At the kitchen table.
(c) On the porch.
(d) At the creek.
4. In Chapter 10, how many days have passed since Cole's death?
5. What is the last name of the person that built Deanna's cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lusa's nephews remind her of?
2. How old is Eddie?
3. What animal's scent does Deanna pick up in the forest?
4. What is Deanna eating in Chapter 4?
5. Why is Garnett sad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "windfall" in the forest?
2. What is Lusa's plan for her goats?
3. How does Lusa feel that the townspeople look at her, since Cole's death?
4. Describe Sam Hill as we meet him in Chapter 13.
5. Do you think Garnett's religious beliefs are the basis for his constant disapproval of Nannie and her lifestyle?
6. Why does Lusa feel that her new sisters-in-law do not like her?
7. Do you think Eddie respects Deanna?
8. In Chapter 15, Lusa finds she is happier than she has been a long time. Explain this change.
9. Why is Garnett disheartened by the farms in the area?
10. How do you think Herb and Big Rickie handle the situation about putting in Lusa's crop?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)