|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Lusa not very comfortable around?
(a) Bar owners.
(b) Pet lovers.
2. What was Lusa's odd dream about in Chapter 5?
(a) A child.
(b) Her old life.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A moth making love to her.
3. What is Garnett doing in Chapter 14 that is making him sore?
(a) Painting his house.
(b) Mowing his lawn.
(c) Working in the field.
(d) Fixing his tractor.
4. Whom did Deanna's father have a child with?
5. What animal's scent does Deanna pick up in the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Deanna how she can "live up here alone"?
2. What color is Little Rickie's hair?
3. What does Deanna feel is now gone in her "secret place"?
4. Why is Garnett sad?
5. How many years has Deanna lived in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Eddie respects Deanna?
2. What does Garnett warn Lusa about, when she wants to place an ad for goats?
3. In Chapter 11, Deanna and Eddie are talking about who built Deanna's cabin. Explain the Walker family and their influence on the land in this area.
4. What is Eddie like, at the beginning of the book and how does Deanna react to him?
5. What does Nannie need to do to keep her organic farming certification valid?
6. What was the occupation of Lusa's grandparents?
7. What is a "windfall" in the forest?
8. How do you think Herb and Big Rickie handle the situation about putting in Lusa's crop?
9. What is the ritual for traditional Muslin prayer?
10. Why do Cole and Lusa fight a lot?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)