|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lusa doing at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Washing dishes.
(c) Staring at the stars.
(d) Milking a cow.
2. Whom is Lusa not very comfortable around?
(a) Bar owners.
(b) Pet lovers.
3. Why does Lusa use buckets to catch rainwater?
(b) Wash clothes.
(c) Wash her hair.
(d) Water plants.
4. What does the sign say that Nannie puts in Garnett's yard?
(a) "For sale."
(b) "Help wanted."
(c) "No dogs allowed."
(d) "No Spray Zone."
5. What does Garnett have a strong interest in?
(a) Race horses.
(b) Sheep raising.
(c) Tree pruning.
(d) The American chestnut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lusa say that the cows will eat?
2. Whom do Eddie & Deanna find in a tree?
3. Where did Lusa meet Cole?
4. According to Nannie, what is "the center of everything"?
5. What voices does Deanna hear in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "windfall" in the forest?
2. Was Nannie right in moving her "No Spray Zone" sign onto the bank bordering Garnett's property?
3. What are Garnett's views of the Amish?
4. How has Deanna ended up as a forest ranger, studying coyotes?
5. What is Eddie like, at the beginning of the book and how does Deanna react to him?
6. Do you think Garnett's religious beliefs are the basis for his constant disapproval of Nannie and her lifestyle?
7. What is the ritual for traditional Muslin prayer?
8. What does Nannie need to do to keep her organic farming certification valid?
9. Why is Garnett disheartened by the farms in the area?
10. How does Lusa feel that the townspeople look at her, since Cole's death?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)