|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed Garnett's chestnut trees?
2. What did Garnett, inadvertently, shoplift from the store?
3. What is George Tick's gas station giving away?
4. What is Deanna eating in Chapter 4?
(b) An apple.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) Cold ravioli.
5. How does Garnett describe Nannie's view of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Garnett's interpretation of the Bible, what is the role of animals?
2. Why is Garnett sad?
3. In Chapter 15, what does Lusa see in her house?
4. What label has Lusa been given by the community?
5. Where is Deanna sitting at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eddie make Deanna nervous?
2. Was Nannie right in moving her "No Spray Zone" sign onto the bank bordering Garnett's property?
3. What was the occupation of Lusa's grandparents?
4. Do you think Eddie respects Deanna?
5. What is a "windfall" in the forest?
6. In Chapter 11, Deanna and Eddie are talking about who built Deanna's cabin. Explain the Walker family and their influence on the land in this area.
7. Describe Sam Hill as we meet him in Chapter 13.
8. How does Deanna equate her husband with the typical "male animal"?
9. What is Garnett's basic persona, when we first get to know him?
10. How do you think Herb and Big Rickie handle the situation about putting in Lusa's crop?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)