|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Deanna afraid of, in Chapter 29?
(a) A mountain lion.
(b) A bear.
(c) A baby.
(d) A storm.
2. According to Lusa, what do people do more of, when they are sad?
3. In Chapter 29, what does Deanna feel she cannot bear another minute without?
4. What is the main question that Deanna keeps asking herself?
(a) "What should I do?"
(b) "Should I leave?"
(c) "Who am I?"
(d) "What do I want?"
5. In Chapter 22, Deanna feels so much despair on the mountain that she lays down and does what?
(a) Pulls her hair.
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Puts leaves in her mouth.
6. When telling people about her plans, Lusa says that she is going to do what?
(a) Ask for help.
(b) Take one day at a time.
(c) Wait a year and then decide.
(d) Finish what she started.
7. What is oozing out of the church walls?
8. What is the reason that Lusa gives Crys for keeping the farm, in Chapter 21?
(a) Cole's memory.
(b) She needs something that is all hers.
(c) To prove that she can do it.
9. What do Lusa and Little Rickie see in the field?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A fox.
(c) A wolf.
10. Since the chemotherapy, what can Jewel not eat anymore?
11. In Chapter 26, whom is the Forest Service agent looking for?
12. How much is Lusa going to get, per pound, for her herd?
13. What does Lusa say that convinces Jewel to allow her to adopt her children, after her death?
(a) She loves them.
(b) Their father cannot be trusted.
(c) She will get Crys to be more feminine.
(d) She will send them to college.
14. When Jewel gets sick in the garden, what does Lusa give her?
(a) A hug.
(b) A ride home.
(c) A cold cloth.
(d) Pain medication.
15. What does Nannie not "take much stock in"?
(b) Global warming.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what does the coyote smell?
2. What does Deanna do with Eddie's note?
3. What is the rumor around town about Lusa?
4. What falls out of Garnett's closet that reminds him of his wife?
5. According to Nannie, there is nothing as important as having what?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)