|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what does Lusa tell Little Rickie that she is going to be soon?
(b) More carefree.
(d) A mom.
2. What is the shape of Nannie's shingles?
3. What kind of berries do coyotes like?
4. In Chapter 24, Jewel is talking about dying. What is one thing that she will regret not seeing?
(a) Another spring.
(d) Lois with white hair.
5. As a child, what did Lusa raise in shoeboxes?
6. What exciting news does Nannie give Garnett, in Chapter 20?
(a) She's moving.
(b) She's accepted a job.
(c) American chestnuts have survived on her property.
(d) Egg Fork is having a celebration.
7. How old is Crys?
8. Who is coming to visit Garrett, that has him excited?
(d) College friends.
9. How much is Lusa going to get, per pound, for her herd?
10. What does Crys say that Uncle Rickie calls "boogers"?
11. Why does the coyote like Nannie's orchard?
(a) It is secluded.
(b) There are no chemicals.
(c) There is tall grass to hide in.
(d) It is quiet.
12. What is the other name of Highway 6?
(a) Meadow Brook Lane.
(b) Cedar Street.
(c) Honeysuckle Road.
(d) Mountain Road.
13. What is Garnett gradually realizing about Nannie?
(a) She is religious.
(b) His feelings for her.
(c) She is crazy.
(d) She is a good baker.
14. According to Nannie, there is nothing as important as having what?
15. In Chapter 16, why does Deanna feel ashamed?
(a) She has been neglecting her friends.
(b) She is old and Eddie is young.
(c) She is acting like a tramp.
(d) She has not been doing her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade did Deanna teach, when she was married?
2. What is the reason that Lusa gives Crys for keeping the farm, in Chapter 21?
3. Since the chemotherapy, what can Jewel not eat anymore?
4. What is the rumor around town about Lusa?
5. According to Deanna's dad, why do adult birds "fly around crazy" in August?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)