|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor around town about Lusa?
(a) She was married once before.
(b) She is selling the farm and moving.
(c) She has rich, gangster cousins.
(d) She married Cole for his land.
2. When telling people about her plans, Lusa says that she is going to do what?
(a) Finish what she started.
(b) Wait a year and then decide.
(c) Take one day at a time.
(d) Ask for help.
3. Why does Lusa think her garden looks different from other people's?
(a) She is an outsider.
(b) Most of it has died.
(c) She does not really know what she is doing.
(d) The weeds have taken over.
4. What is one thing that Garnett and Nannie have in common?
(a) They both love to hunt.
(b) They both grew up poor.
5. What is Kroger's Grocery selling, that upsets Garnett?
(c) Foreign food.
6. What is Eddie doing, in Chapter 22, which makes Deanna nervous?
(b) Packing to leave.
(c) Reading her thesis.
(d) Cleaning his gun.
7. What kind of berries do coyotes like?
8. What is the organized hunt in Arizona called?
(a) Predator Hunt Extreme.
(b) Hunting U.S.A.
(d) Predators Galore.
9. What is the reason that Lusa gives Crys for keeping the farm, in Chapter 21?
(a) She needs something that is all hers.
(b) To prove that she can do it.
(c) Cole's memory.
10. What does Deanna feel is a human mistake?
(c) Organized religion.
11. What is Garnett gradually realizing about Nannie?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) She is religious.
(c) She is crazy.
(d) She is a good baker.
12. What is the other name of Highway 6?
(a) Meadow Brook Lane.
(b) Honeysuckle Road.
(c) Mountain Road.
(d) Cedar Street.
13. What kind of therapy does Lusa discover, after Cole's death?
(d) Mowing the lawn.
14. What has killed all the baby phoebes?
(a) A hawk.
(b) Their mother's death.
(c) A snake.
(d) A raccoon.
15. In Chapter 19, what does Deanna say that she is going to do or "die trying"?
(a) Change Eddie's mind.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Save coyotes.
(d) Fall in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie think Deanna needs to make her feel better?
2. As a child, what did Lusa raise in shoeboxes?
3. In Chapter 26, whom is the Forest Service agent looking for?
4. In Chapter 27, what does Lusa tell Little Rickie that she is going to be soon?
5. What does Crys said that Lois calls Lusa?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)