|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lusa think she might try growing?
(d) Winter wheat.
2. According to Garnett, what is the "fastest growing plant this side of China"?
(b) Blackberry cane.
(c) Poison ivy.
3. What is Nannie wearing, in Chapter 23, which surprises Garnett?
(a) A halter top.
(b) Short pants.
(c) A fancy ring.
(d) Flip flops.
4. What does Eddie think Deanna needs to make her feel better?
(b) Less stress.
(d) More sleep.
5. What kind of berries do coyotes like?
6. Who cuts down trees for Garnett and Nannie, in Chapter 20?
(a) Little Rickie.
(d) Big Rickie.
7. Who is coming to visit Garrett, that has him excited?
(b) College friends.
8. In Chapter 27, what do Lusa and Little Rickie decide to do together?
(a) Play Scrabble.
(b) Go walking.
(c) Go dancing.
(d) Have sex.
9. What is the main question that Deanna keeps asking herself?
(a) "What do I want?"
(b) "Who am I?"
(c) "Should I leave?"
(d) "What should I do?"
10. In their childhood, Deanna and Rachel played in what?
(b) The backyard.
11. How much is Lusa going to get, per pound, for her herd?
12. Where does Garnett find Nannie, in Chapter 17?
(a) At the park.
(b) In his kitchen.
(c) In an apple tree.
(d) At the store.
13. What wakes Deanna up from a nap, in Chapter 19?
(a) Barking dogs.
(b) A shot.
(c) Eddie kissing her.
(d) Hawk cry.
14. Jewel says that her painkillers make her stupid as a what?
(a) A rock.
(c) A board.
(d) A cow.
15. What condition does Lusa have to treat in her herd?
(a) Hoof rot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason that Lusa gives Crys for keeping the farm, in Chapter 21?
2. What is the rumor around town about Lusa?
3. What is the organized hunt in Arizona called?
4. When telling people about her plans, Lusa says that she is going to do what?
5. What is covering Lusa's garage?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)