|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lusa think her garden looks different from other people's?
(a) Most of it has died.
(b) The weeds have taken over.
(c) She does not really know what she is doing.
(d) She is an outsider.
2. What is the shape of Nannie's shingles?
3. According to Nannie, God's creation is all about what?
(d) Eating and reproducing.
4. What is the rumor around town about Lusa?
(a) She was married once before.
(b) She is selling the farm and moving.
(c) She married Cole for his land.
(d) She has rich, gangster cousins.
5. According to Hannie-Mavis, why is the family afraid of Lusa owning the farm?
(a) She'll sell it.
(b) She'll turn it into something that Cole didn't want.
(c) She'll go bankrupt and lose it.
(d) She'll re-marry and it will go to her new husband.
6. Where does Garnett find Nannie, in Chapter 17?
(a) At the park.
(b) In his kitchen.
(c) At the store.
(d) In an apple tree.
7. In Chapter 29, what does Deanna feel she cannot bear another minute without?
8. What does Nannie not "take much stock in"?
(c) Global warming.
9. Deanna fears that she is what?
(d) Going to be fired.
10. How old is Deanna?
11. What does Nannie call the greatest invention of life?
(d) Apple trees.
12. What kind of therapy does Lusa discover, after Cole's death?
(b) Mowing the lawn.
13. In Chapter 31, what does the coyote smell?
(b) An unknown male.
14. What does Deanna feel is a human mistake?
(d) Organized religion.
15. As a child, what did Lusa raise in shoeboxes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eddie doing, in Chapter 22, which makes Deanna nervous?
2. What falls out of Garnett's closet that reminds him of his wife?
3. How old is Nannie?
4. Since the chemotherapy, what can Jewel not eat anymore?
5. Whom is Lowell afraid of?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)