|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lusa have a degree in?
(b) Animal Husbandry.
2. What voices does Deanna hear in the forest?
3. What label has Lusa been given by the community?
(a) Spoiled brat.
(b) City girl.
4. Where do Deanna & Eddie "complete their introduction"?
(a) In the forest.
(b) On the porch floor.
(c) On the sofa.
(d) In the bedroom.
5. How does Deanna wear her hair in Chapter 7?
(a) In a clip.
(b) In a ponytail.
(c) In a bun.
(d) In a braid.
6. What animal's scent does Deanna pick up in the forest?
7. What is a "sang"?
(d) Tree frog.
8. Who calls Garnett on the telephone in Chapter 14?
9. What is attacking Garnett's apples?
(a) Japanese beetles.
10. Whom do Eddie & Deanna find in a tree?
(a) Joel Sexton.
(b) Sam Hill.
(c) Herb Goins.
(d) Little Rickie Bowling.
11. What is Lusa listening to in Chapter 8?
(a) Nephews playing.
(b) The rain.
(c) The radio.
12. What is Lusa's nationality?
(d) Palestinian and Polish.
13. What was Lusa's odd dream about in Chapter 5?
(a) A moth making love to her.
(b) Her old life.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A child.
14. What has Deanna ignored while spending time with Eddie?
(a) Taking care of the townspeople.
(b) Writing in her journal.
(c) Watching for forest fires.
(d) Checking for bobcats.
15. What attacked Garnett's boot?
(a) A gopher.
(b) A snake.
(c) A snapping turtle.
(d) Barbed wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who befriends Lusa at her husband's wake?
2. What are Lusa's brothers-in-law going to plant?
3. In Chapter 15, what does Lusa see in her house?
4. Where did Lusa meet Cole?
5. What do Lusa's nephews remind her of?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)