|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deanna stop to admire on the forest trail in Chapter 7?
(a) Puffball mushrooms.
(b) Berry bushes.
(c) New saplings.
(d) A mother fox and her pups.
2. What are Eddie & Deanna searching for in Chapter 13?
3. What does Lusa have a degree in?
(c) Animal Husbandry.
4. What attacked Garnett's boot?
(a) A snapping turtle.
(b) A snake.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) A gopher.
5. What bible verses regarding God's instruction to man does Garnett quote in his letter?
(a) Matthew 4:8-9.
(b) Luke 6:16-17.
(c) Genesis 1:27-30.
(d) Mark 2:5-6.
6. How does Garnett describe Nannie's view of life?
7. What is the name of the town below the cliff?
(b) Big Lake.
(c) Egg Creek.
(d) Skunk River.
8. How many years has Deanna lived in the forest?
9. What song does Garnett whistle while mailing his letter?
(a) "All Shook Up".
(b) "Camptown Ladies".
(c) "Mountain Music".
(d) "Pretty Saro".
10. What is Eddie's occupation in Wyoming?
(b) Sheep rancher.
(d) Tavern owner.
11. Why does Lusa use buckets to catch rainwater?
(a) Wash her hair.
(b) Water plants.
(d) Wash clothes.
12. What does Deanna feel is now gone in her "secret place"?
(b) The coyotes.
(c) Her confidence.
(d) The magic.
13. What significant event passes for Lusa in Chapter 8?
(a) Cole's birthday.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her wedding anniversary.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
14. What is Garnett doing in Chapter 14 that is making him sore?
(a) Working in the field.
(b) Mowing his lawn.
(c) Fixing his tractor.
(d) Painting his house.
15. What is Lusa's nationality?
(a) Palestinian and Polish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lusa say that the cows will eat?
2. What was Garnett's former occupation?
3. What does the sign say that Nannie puts in Garnett's yard?
4. In Chapter 10, how many days have passed since Cole's death?
5. What killed Garnett's chestnut trees?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)