|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bible verses regarding God's instruction to man does Garnett quote in his letter?
(a) Luke 6:16-17.
(b) Mark 2:5-6.
(c) Genesis 1:27-30.
(d) Matthew 4:8-9.
2. What is the name of the town below the cliff?
(a) Skunk River.
(b) Big Lake.
(d) Egg Creek.
3. What voices does Deanna hear in the forest?
4. How many years has Deanna lived in the forest?
5. What did Deanna's father do to diffuse his grief about having to sell their farm?
(b) Talk to the land.
6. How old is Eddie?
7. Whom is Lusa not very comfortable around?
(b) Bar owners.
(c) Pet lovers.
8. What does Lusa wear to her husband's wake?
(a) A borrowed black dress.
(b) A string of pearls that Cole had given her.
(c) An apron.
(d) A black veil.
9. What is Eddie's occupation in Wyoming?
(c) Sheep rancher.
(d) Tavern owner.
10. What does Deanna stop to admire on the forest trail in Chapter 7?
(a) Berry bushes.
(b) A mother fox and her pups.
(c) Puffball mushrooms.
(d) New saplings.
11. What name have Lusa's sisters-in-law given to the homemade liquor that their husbands make?
12. Why does Lusa use buckets to catch rainwater?
(b) Wash clothes.
(c) Wash her hair.
(d) Water plants.
13. What is the roof of Lusa's farmhouse made of?
14. What are Eddie & Deanna searching for in Chapter 13?
15. What weapon does Deanna have hidden for protection?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Garnett doing in Chapter 14 that is making him sore?
2. Where do Deanna & Eddie "complete their introduction"?
3. Deanna describes "prodigal summer" as what?
4. What does Lusa have a degree in?
5. Who asked Deanna how she can "live up here alone"?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)