|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Garnett whistle while mailing his letter?
(a) "Camptown Ladies".
(b) "All Shook Up".
(c) "Pretty Saro".
(d) "Mountain Music".
2. In what manner does Deanna want Eddie to walk in the forest?
(a) Loudly to deter bears.
(b) Softly, not to scare the animals.
(c) Ahead of her.
(d) Crouched down.
3. What bible verses regarding God's instruction to man does Garnett quote in his letter?
(a) Luke 6:16-17.
(b) Mark 2:5-6.
(c) Genesis 1:27-30.
(d) Matthew 4:8-9.
4. What label has Lusa been given by the community?
(b) City girl.
(d) Spoiled brat.
5. In Chapter 15, what does Lusa see in her house?
6. What does Lusa say that the cows will eat?
7. What does the moth leave on the curtain?
(b) A wing.
8. Where is Deanna sitting at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) At the creek.
(b) On the porch.
(c) At the kitchen table.
(d) On the sofa.
9. How do Little Rickie's friends describe Lusa?
10. What is Lusa doing at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Milking a cow.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Staring at the stars.
11. What kind of pie does Nannie make Garnett?
12. Whom is Lusa not very comfortable around?
(a) Bar owners.
(d) Pet lovers.
13. In Chapter 12, whom does Garnett write a letter to?
14. What does Garnett feel is part of growing old?
(b) Sore joints.
(c) No human touch.
15. What does Deanna stop to admire on the forest trail in Chapter 7?
(a) Berry bushes.
(b) A mother fox and her pups.
(c) New saplings.
(d) Puffball mushrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Deanna & Eddie "complete their introduction"?
2. In Garnett's interpretation of the Bible, what is the role of animals?
3. What killed Garnett's chestnut trees?
4. Where does Nannie sell her produce?
5. What significant event passes for Lusa in Chapter 8?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)