|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant event passes for Lusa in Chapter 8?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Cole's birthday.
(c) Her wedding anniversary.
(d) Her birthday.
2. How does Garnett describe Nannie's view of life?
3. What does Garnett call his ancestors?
(b) Chestnut people.
(d) Mountain folk.
4. What do Lusa's nephews remind her of?
5. What is Garnett remembering in Chapter 6?
(a) Bird calls he used to know.
(b) His wife.
(c) Boyhood days.
(d) The war he fought in.
6. What does the sign say that Nannie puts in Garnett's yard?
(a) "For sale."
(b) "No Spray Zone."
(c) "Help wanted."
(d) "No dogs allowed."
7. What does Lusa wear to her husband's wake?
(a) A black veil.
(b) An apron.
(c) A string of pearls that Cole had given her.
(d) A borrowed black dress.
8. What is Lois's nickname?
(b) Battle Axe.
(c) Lois the Loud.
(d) Lo Bo.
9. Where do coyotes live?
10. What is a "sang"?
(b) Tree frog.
11. What animal does Eddie describe Deanna as?
12. What does Garnett blame for the pests on his property?
(a) Weak soil.
(b) Too much rain.
(c) Nannie's organic methods.
13. In Chapter 10, how many days have passed since Cole's death?
14. In Chapter 15, what does Lusa see in her house?
15. What makes Deanna angry concerning Eddie in Chapter 7?
(a) His disdain for the coyotes.
(b) His power over her.
(c) His good looks.
(d) Her sexual attraction for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garnett feel is part of growing old?
2. What did Garnett, inadvertently, shoplift from the store?
3. Whom do Eddie & Deanna find in a tree?
4. What is the roof of Lusa's farmhouse made of?
5. What does Lusa have a degree in?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)