|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5, and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Garnett play, as a boy?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In trees.
(c) At the neighbors.
(d) In a chestnut log.
2. Who asked Deanna how she can "live up here alone"?
3. Who befriends Lusa at her husband's wake?
(b) Mary Edna.
4. Deanna describes "prodigal summer" as what?
(a) A bounty of nature.
(b) Extravagant procreation.
(c) Beautiful summer days.
(d) The forest at its best.
5. What does the sign say that Nannie puts in Garnett's yard?
(a) "Help wanted."
(b) "No Spray Zone."
(c) "No dogs allowed."
(d) "For sale."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deanna, what do males sing for in the forest?
2. What mountain range surrounds the valley that the story takes place in?
3. What color is Deanna's notebook?
4. What does Garnett blame for the pests on his property?
5. In what manner does Deanna want Eddie to walk in the forest?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)