|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
2. What does Amanda suggest she and Elyot do if their spouses find them?
3. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
4. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
5. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
Essay Topic 1
Is it important that these characters are rich and upper-class? How would this play have changed if Amanda and Elyot were not as rich as they are written? Is the glamor and sophistication absolutely necessary? How does it affect the fights? Do you believe that this is meant to be a statement on the behaviors of the upper-class? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Amanda declares to Victor that, "Chance rules my life." What does she mean by that? What does she do throughout the play that requires taking a chance? Using specific examples and actions from the text, argue whether Amanda really means what she says and, if so, how chance plays a part in the plot and her character development.
Essay Topic 3
In the world of this play, does it seem that love cannot exist without violence? How do violence and passion relate to each other or do they at all? Cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)