|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amanda refer to hormones?
2. According to Amanda, what did Victor love to do?
3. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
4. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
5. Who is Louise?
Essay Topic 1
Amanda and Elyot have a deep, involved history of being passionately in love and being just as violently hateful toward each other.
1) Compare and contrast the relationship between Amanda and Elyot versus their relationships with Victor and Sibyl. Discuss the similarities and differences using specific examples from the script.
2) How do you believe the new marriages would have worked out had Elyot and Amanda not run away together? Specifically, would Elyot and Amanda have been able to reconcile their "private lives" to their new spouses?
3) In your opinion, should Elyot and Amanda ever again attempt to stay together? Support your arguments with specific examples from the script.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of this play. As a comedy of manners, how does it play to the reader's expectations? How are the characters drawn within the confines of this type of play? Is the plot consistent with a comedy of manners?
Essay Topic 3
In the world of this play, does it seem that love cannot exist without violence? How do violence and passion relate to each other or do they at all? Cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)