Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
2. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
3. Elyot claims to have been in love with another woman during their separation. Where is she from?
4. What is the name of the man who used to love and admire Amanda?
5. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
Essay Topic 1
Victor and Sibyl appear to be two dimensional characters who are firmly stuck in their roles as man and woman. Do you consider these characters to be particularly intelligent? Does their intelligence or lack thereof affect their exaggerated femininity or masculinity? What are some specific examples of these characteristics? How do the other characters react to these qualities? Do you believe that these exaggerations cause their big breakdown at the very end of the play? Were they forced out of their passive roles by Amanda and Elyot's rampant challenging of how men and women are expected to act?
Essay Topic 2
Is it important that these characters are rich and upper-class? How would this play have changed if Amanda and Elyot were not as rich as they are written? Is the glamor and sophistication absolutely necessary? How does it affect the fights? Do you believe that this is meant to be a statement on the behaviors of the upper-class? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Sibyl's reaction to meeting Amanda and vice versa.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)