Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
2. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
3. Elyot claims to have been in love with another woman during their separation. Where is she from?
4. What is the name of the man who used to love and admire Amanda?
5. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
Essay Topic 1
In the world of this play, does it seem that love cannot exist without violence? How do violence and passion relate to each other or do they at all? Cite specific examples from the script to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Amanda and Elyot speak about how they used to slap each other around, culminating in a knock-down, drag-out fight at the end of Act II. What is the point of the physical violence in this play? Could the play have existed without the final fight at the end of Act II? What does it show about the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of this play. As a comedy of manners, how does it play to the reader's expectations? How are the characters drawn within the confines of this type of play? Is the plot consistent with a comedy of manners?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)