|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
2. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
3. Elyot claims to have been in love with another woman during their separation. Where is she from?
4. What is the name of the man who used to love and admire Amanda?
5. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
Essay Topic 1
Is it important that these characters are rich and upper-class? How would this play have changed if Amanda and Elyot were not as rich as they are written? Is the glamor and sophistication absolutely necessary? How does it affect the fights? Do you believe that this is meant to be a statement on the behaviors of the upper-class? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The four main characters of this play are all from England, though the play itself is set in France. What is the purpose of setting the play in two different locations in France? Would it have changed the play to be set in a different country, including the one native to the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Sibyl's reaction to meeting Amanda and vice versa.
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)