|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A ring.
(b) A watch.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A necklace.
2. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
(b) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
(c) She starts punching Elyot.
(d) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
3. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 1:00 a.m.
(c) 12:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
4. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
5. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
(a) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in Madagascar.
(b) He tells the caller they have the wrong number.
(c) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in India.
(d) He pretends to be the person the caller is trying to reach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amanda let her admirer do that made Elyot jealous?
2. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
3. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
4. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
5. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem that Elyot and Amanda are able to forgive each other silently during their time-outs?
2. Elyot muses that he and Amanda are clearly in love after they have a small tiff. Amanda protests that he should not sound so bitter about the fact. Why would Elyot sound bitter or resigned when saying that he and Amanda are in love?
3. What sets off the very first argument of Act II?
4. At the beginning of Act II, does it appear that Elyot and Amanda have been getting along? How can the reader tell?
5. At the end of Act II, why does Elyot calling "Sollocks" not work?
6. What are Amanda's beliefs?
7. What are some of the things that initially attracted Amanda to Victor?
8. How do Amanda and Elyot's feelings differ on the abandonment of Sibyl and Victor?
9. In Act II, what does Elyot say that reveals his philosophy on life?
10. Why does Amanda call out "triple Sollocks?"
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)