|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) Most specialists are socially awkward.
(b) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
(c) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(d) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
2. Who says, "Flippancy brings out the acid in their damned sweetness and light."
3. Elyot claims to have been in love with another woman during their separation. Where is she from?
(c) South Africa.
4. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Keep fighting.
(b) Call their spouses.
(c) Smoke a cigarette.
(d) Leave the apartment.
5. What annoys Amanda the most about Elyot's reaction to her post-marriage affairs?
(a) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot believes it is proper for men to be promiscuous, but not women.
(b) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not care.
(c) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot is not listening.
(d) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not believe her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
2. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
3. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
4. What starts the final fight between Amanda and Elyot in Act II?
5. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Amanda and Elyot's feelings differ on the abandonment of Sibyl and Victor?
2. At the end of Act II, why does Elyot calling "Sollocks" not work?
3. What two things does Elyot do that annoy Amanda that leads up to their biggest fight?
4. At the beginning of Act II, does it appear that Elyot and Amanda have been getting along? How can the reader tell?
5. Why does Amanda call out "triple Sollocks?"
6. Why are Amanda and Elyot reluctant to discuss another marriage?
7. After Amanda and Elyot make up during the "triple Sollocks," what happens that brings their happy mood down again and why?
8. What are some of the things that initially attracted Amanda to Victor?
9. Why would Elyot say that he and Amanda would have been perfectly happy with Victor and Sibyl?
10. What do the reactions of Victor and Sibyl to the spectacle of Amanda and Elyot fighting suggest about their personalities?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)