|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
(a) Amanda and Elyot are drinking brandy to calm themselves after the fight.
(b) Elyot is unconscious from being hit with the record player.
(c) Amanda and Elyot are on the couch together.
(d) Amanda and Elyot are physically fighting.
2. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
(b) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(c) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
(d) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
3. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
(b) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
(c) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
(d) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
4. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(b) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
(c) They will do nothing but argue.
(d) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
5. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) The front door is broken off the hinges.
(b) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
(c) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
(d) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
2. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
3. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
4. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
5. According to Amanda, what did Victor love to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the reactions of Victor and Sibyl to the spectacle of Amanda and Elyot fighting suggest about their personalities?
2. Why does it seem that Elyot and Amanda are able to forgive each other silently during their time-outs?
3. What are Amanda and Elyot arguing about when Elyot first calls "Sollocks?"
4. Is Amanda being honest when she says she would never have been happy with Victor and how is it apparent?
5. In Act II, what does Elyot say that reveals his philosophy on life?
6. What sets off the very first argument of Act II?
7. What do Victor and Sibyl do at the end of Act II when they see Amanda and Elyot fighting?
8. Why does Amanda call out "triple Sollocks?"
9. How do Amanda and Elyot's feelings differ on the abandonment of Sibyl and Victor?
10. What are some of the things that initially attracted Amanda to Victor?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)