|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
(a) Amanda and Elyot want more privacy.
(b) Louise is drinking the brandy.
(c) Louise is needed by her family.
(d) Louise has a cold.
2. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
(a) A negligee.
(b) A simple evening gown.
(d) A bathing suit.
3. How does Amanda refer to hormones?
(a) "Our chemistry."
(b) "Our chemical urges."
(c) "Chemical, what d'you call 'ems."
(d) "Our, what d'you call it, attraction."
4. What have Amanda and Elyot been doing for the last few days in Paris?
(a) They have gone out to dinner every night.
(b) They have stayed in the apartment together.
(c) They have walked around the city.
(d) They have taken in the museums and shows.
5. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
(a) Amanda slaps Elyot.
(b) Elyot admits to having an affair while they were married.
(c) Amanda tries to throw Elyot out of her apartment.
(d) Elyot has ruined Amanda's record.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
2. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
3. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
4. In Act II, what does Amanda reveal to Elyot that first begins to upset him?
5. Why does Elyot tell Amanda to turn the gramophone off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things does Elyot do that annoy Amanda that leads up to their biggest fight?
2. What do Victor and Sibyl do at the end of Act II when they see Amanda and Elyot fighting?
3. Why are Amanda and Elyot reluctant to discuss another marriage?
4. After Amanda and Elyot make up during the "triple Sollocks," what happens that brings their happy mood down again and why?
5. How do Amanda and Elyot's feelings differ on the abandonment of Sibyl and Victor?
6. What are Amanda's beliefs?
7. Is Amanda being honest when she says she would never have been happy with Victor and how is it apparent?
8. Why does Elyot say that, despite their current happiness, being separated was probably for the best?
9. Elyot muses that he and Amanda are clearly in love after they have a small tiff. Amanda protests that he should not sound so bitter about the fact. Why would Elyot sound bitter or resigned when saying that he and Amanda are in love?
10. Why does Amanda call out "triple Sollocks?"
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)