|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elyot tell Amanda to turn the gramophone off?
(a) He is trying to talk to her.
(b) He says he does not want to annoy the neighbors.
(c) He would rather play piano than listen to a record.
(d) He hates the song that is playing.
2. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
(a) Amanda reveals that she was not celibate after the divorce.
(b) Amanda talks about Victor's good qualities.
(c) Amanda tells Elyot he should call Sibyl.
(d) Amanda thinks Elyot has had too much to drink.
3. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
(a) Young and vibrant.
(c) Angry and depressed.
(d) Old and unwanted.
4. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
(a) Elyot takes a walk.
(b) Elyot goes to bed.
(c) Elyot plays the piano.
(d) Elyot has another drink.
5. What starts the final fight between Amanda and Elyot in Act II?
(a) Amanda has too much to drink.
(b) Amanda accuses Elyot of not taking their situation seriously enough.
(c) Elyot brings up an admirer of Amanda's who she once let kiss her.
(d) Elyot tries to leave the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
2. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
3. Where does Act II take place?
4. What causes the use of the triple code?
5. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)