|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
(a) Sol Isaacs.
(b) Isaacs Sol.
2. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) Most specialists are socially awkward.
(b) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
(c) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(d) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
3. Where does Act II take place?
(a) Amanda's flat in Paris.
(b) Elyot's country home.
(c) Elyot's flat in Paris.
(d) The hotel from Act I.
4. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
5. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) They will do nothing but argue.
(b) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
(c) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(d) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
2. When he starts getting angry, what does Amanda accuse Elyot of being?
3. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
4. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
5. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Act II, why does Elyot calling "Sollocks" not work?
2. Why does it seem that Elyot and Amanda are able to forgive each other silently during their time-outs?
3. Why are Amanda and Elyot reluctant to discuss another marriage?
4. After Amanda and Elyot make up during the "triple Sollocks," what happens that brings their happy mood down again and why?
5. Elyot muses that he and Amanda are clearly in love after they have a small tiff. Amanda protests that he should not sound so bitter about the fact. Why would Elyot sound bitter or resigned when saying that he and Amanda are in love?
6. What are some of the things that initially attracted Amanda to Victor?
7. Is Amanda being honest when she says she would never have been happy with Victor and how is it apparent?
8. How is Elyot being hypocritical about Amanda's disclosure of her post-marital affairs?
9. What two things does Elyot do that annoy Amanda that leads up to their biggest fight?
10. What are Amanda and Elyot arguing about when Elyot first calls "Sollocks?"
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)