|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Amanda and Elyot been doing for the last few days in Paris?
(a) They have gone out to dinner every night.
(b) They have walked around the city.
(c) They have stayed in the apartment together.
(d) They have taken in the museums and shows.
2. What annoys Amanda the most about Elyot's reaction to her post-marriage affairs?
(a) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not believe her.
(b) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot believes it is proper for men to be promiscuous, but not women.
(c) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not care.
(d) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot is not listening.
3. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
4. Who is Louise?
(a) Louise is Elyot's maid.
(b) Louise is Amanda's maid.
(c) Louise is the woman with whom Elyot had an affair.
(d) Louise is Amanda's sister.
5. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
(a) Elyot breaks a record over her head.
(b) Elyot slaps her in the face.
(c) Elyot tries to call out their code.
(d) Elyot pushes her across the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Victor and Sibyl discover that their spouses ran away together?
2. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
3. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
4. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
5. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem that Elyot and Amanda are able to forgive each other silently during their time-outs?
2. What are Amanda and Elyot arguing about when Elyot first calls "Sollocks?"
3. Is Amanda being honest when she says she would never have been happy with Victor and how is it apparent?
4. What do the reactions of Victor and Sibyl to the spectacle of Amanda and Elyot fighting suggest about their personalities?
5. Why does Amanda call out "triple Sollocks?"
6. How is Elyot being hypocritical about Amanda's disclosure of her post-marital affairs?
7. At the end of Act II, why does Elyot calling "Sollocks" not work?
8. In Act II, what does Elyot say that reveals his philosophy on life?
9. What are some of the things that initially attracted Amanda to Victor?
10. What do Victor and Sibyl do at the end of Act II when they see Amanda and Elyot fighting?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)