|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he starts getting angry, what does Amanda accuse Elyot of being?
2. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
(a) Amanda tries to leave Elyot.
(b) Amanda's curling irons burned a hole in Elyot's new dressing gown.
(c) Amanda struck Elyot first.
(d) Elyot caught Amanda with an admirer.
3. Where does Act II take place?
(a) Amanda's flat in Paris.
(b) Elyot's country home.
(c) The hotel from Act I.
(d) Elyot's flat in Paris.
4. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
(a) Elyot was extremely well-traveled.
(b) They both believed the other was constantly unfaithful.
(c) Elyot was the more popular of the pair.
(d) Amanda was richer than Elyot.
5. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
(a) A piano.
(b) A harp.
(c) A bar.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
2. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
3. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
4. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
5. What causes the use of the triple code?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the reactions of Victor and Sibyl to the spectacle of Amanda and Elyot fighting suggest about their personalities?
2. After Amanda and Elyot make up during the "triple Sollocks," what happens that brings their happy mood down again and why?
3. Why are Amanda and Elyot reluctant to discuss another marriage?
4. How do Amanda and Elyot's feelings differ on the abandonment of Sibyl and Victor?
5. How is Elyot being hypocritical about Amanda's disclosure of her post-marital affairs?
6. Elyot muses that he and Amanda are clearly in love after they have a small tiff. Amanda protests that he should not sound so bitter about the fact. Why would Elyot sound bitter or resigned when saying that he and Amanda are in love?
7. What two things does Elyot do that annoy Amanda that leads up to their biggest fight?
8. What are Amanda and Elyot arguing about when Elyot first calls "Sollocks?"
9. Why does Amanda call out "triple Sollocks?"
10. Why does Elyot say that, despite their current happiness, being separated was probably for the best?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)