|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Victor she did to Elyot while they were married?
(a) Amanda threw Elyot out of their house.
(b) Amanda cheated on Elyot.
(c) Amanda broke four records over Elyot's head.
(d) Amanda threw furniture at Elyot.
2. In which country is Act I set?
3. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The casino.
(b) The terrace.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The yacht.
4. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
(a) The beach.
(c) A sunburn.
(d) Tiring herself out.
5. How do Amanda and Elyot realize that they are sharing a terrace in the hotel?
(a) Amanda hears Elyot singing one of their favorite songs.
(b) Elyot sees Amanda with her new husband.
(c) Amanda asks Elyot for a cigarette.
(d) Amanda hears Elyot shouting at Sibyl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Victor in the first act that frightens him?
2. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
3. In Act I, Sibyl asks Elyot about Amanda. According to Elyot, what does Amanda do beautifully that Sibyl can not do?
4. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
5. What does Elyot do to Amanda to calm her when she starts to panic about leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would be the best way to describe the relationship between each of the married couples?
2. At the end of Act II, why does Elyot calling "Sollocks" not work?
3. Why do Elyot and Amanda both lie to their spouses about the reasons they should leave the hotel instead of just telling the truth?
4. During the breakfast with both couples, what does Elyot say that sparks the fight between Victor and Sybil?
5. In Act II, what does Elyot say that reveals his philosophy on life?
6. What about Elyot's behavior annoys Victor?
7. What are Victor and Sibyl's attitudes on the subject of their spouses' previous marriage?
8. How does Elyot know that Amanda's statement of the two of them being in love all over again is false?
9. What are Amanda's beliefs?
10. What does Amanda encourage to happen between the men?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)