|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
(a) It did nothing.
(b) It brought out the worst in them.
(c) It transcended their problems in the relationship.
(d) It brought out the best in them.
2. Why do Amanda and Elyot choose to flee to Amanda's flat?
(a) It is back home.
(b) It is in the country.
(c) Victor does not know where it is.
(d) It is where Amanda and Elyot used to live together.
3. Who says, "I think very few people are completely normal really, deep down in their private lives?"
4. According to Elyot, how does he feel about Amanda?
(a) He despises and pities her.
(b) He is still angry at her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is indifferent toward her.
5. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are eating dinner together.
(b) They are arguing with their spouses.
(c) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
(d) They are arguing with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
2. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
3. What is the other option presented for Amanda and Elyot if they choose to not run away?
4. What time of day does the first act take place?
5. What does Amanda say they must do before they leave for Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elyot say that, despite their current happiness, being separated was probably for the best?
2. During the breakfast with both couples, what does Elyot say that sparks the fight between Victor and Sybil?
3. What does Elyot mean when he claims that he and Amanda were too in love for their relationship to last?
4. At the end of Act II, why does Elyot calling "Sollocks" not work?
5. When Elyot implores Sibyl that they must leave the hotel, Sibyl is uncharacteristically firm and stubborn about staying. What happened throughout the act that may have given her more of a backbone?
6. To Sibyl's dismay, Elyot does not care for her mother and believes that Sibyl married him in part to escape her. What do the differing attitudes about the mother reveal about Sibyl's character?
7. What are some of the things that initially attracted Amanda to Victor?
8. What does Amanda encourage to happen between the men?
9. At the beginning of Act II, does it appear that Elyot and Amanda have been getting along? How can the reader tell?
10. What about Elyot's behavior annoys Victor?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)