|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
2. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
(a) A few days.
(b) One day.
(c) A full week.
(d) One hour.
3. According to Amanda, what did Victor love to do?
(a) Victor loved to verbally spar with Amanda.
(b) Victor loved to go dancing.
(c) Victor loved to look after Amanda.
(d) Victor loved the opera.
4. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She starts punching Elyot.
(b) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
(c) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
(d) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
5. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
(a) A bed.
(b) A bar.
(c) A harp.
(d) A piano.
6. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
(a) Elyot keeps switching it off and Amanda keeps turning it back on.
(b) They do not do anything to the gramophone.
(c) Elyot and Amanda are shoving the player back and forth.
(d) Elyot keeps trying to take the gramophone from Amanda.
7. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
(b) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(c) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(d) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
8. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
(a) Louise is needed by her family.
(b) Louise is drinking the brandy.
(c) Louise has a cold.
(d) Amanda and Elyot want more privacy.
9. What annoys Amanda the most about Elyot's reaction to her post-marriage affairs?
(a) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not care.
(b) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot is not listening.
(c) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot believes it is proper for men to be promiscuous, but not women.
(d) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not believe her.
10. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A negligee.
(d) A simple evening gown.
11. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
12. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
(b) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
(c) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
(d) The front door is broken off the hinges.
13. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
14. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A watch.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A ring.
15. What is the name of the man who used to love and admire Amanda?
(a) Charles Burden.
(b) Victor Prynne.
(c) Peter Burden.
(d) A name is not given.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
2. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
3. What do Amanda and Elyot not believe in?
4. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
5. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)