|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
(a) Young and vibrant.
(b) Angry and depressed.
(d) Old and unwanted.
2. How do Victor and Sibyl discover that their spouses ran away together?
(a) Amanda and Elyot left their spouses a note.
(b) Victor caught Amanda and Elyot leaving.
(c) Sibyl saw Amanda and Elyot drive away together.
(d) They are sent a note.
3. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
(b) A simple evening gown.
(c) A negligee.
(d) A bathing suit.
4. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
(a) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in Madagascar.
(b) He tells the caller they have the wrong number.
(c) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in India.
(d) He pretends to be the person the caller is trying to reach.
5. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
(a) A bar.
(b) A harp.
(c) A piano.
(d) A bed.
6. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
7. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
(a) Amanda and Elyot are drinking brandy to calm themselves after the fight.
(b) Amanda and Elyot are physically fighting.
(c) Amanda and Elyot are on the couch together.
(d) Elyot is unconscious from being hit with the record player.
8. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
(b) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(c) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
(d) They will do nothing but argue.
9. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
(a) One day.
(b) A few days.
(c) A full week.
(d) One hour.
10. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
(b) The front door is broken off the hinges.
(c) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
(d) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
11. Who or what is Charles?
(a) Charles is Elyot's butler.
(b) Charles is an admirer of Amanda's.
(c) Charles is a wooden snake Amanda once bought Elyot.
(d) Charles was Amanda and Elyot's old code to end all arguments.
12. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
(c) Calm and easy.
(d) Completely fulfilling.
13. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
(a) A noise on the balcony.
(b) The telephone ringing.
(c) A telegram from Victor.
(d) A knock on the door.
14. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
15. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
(b) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
(c) Amanda never slept with Victor.
(d) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
2. After their tiff over affairs, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
3. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
4. Who is Louise?
5. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)