|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What annoys Amanda the most about Elyot's reaction to her post-marriage affairs?
(a) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot is not listening.
(b) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not believe her.
(c) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot believes it is proper for men to be promiscuous, but not women.
(d) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not care.
2. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
(b) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
(c) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
(d) She starts punching Elyot.
3. What causes the use of the triple code?
(a) Amanda slams the piano shut on Elyot's fingers.
(b) Amanda does not want to make love to Elyot at that moment.
(c) Elyot does not want to make love to Amanda at that moment.
(d) Elyot turns off the record player.
4. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
(b) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
(c) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
(d) Amanda never slept with Victor.
5. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
6. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
(a) Amanda and Elyot are drinking brandy to calm themselves after the fight.
(b) Amanda and Elyot are on the couch together.
(c) Amanda and Elyot are physically fighting.
(d) Elyot is unconscious from being hit with the record player.
7. How do Victor and Sibyl discover that their spouses ran away together?
(a) Sibyl saw Amanda and Elyot drive away together.
(b) Victor caught Amanda and Elyot leaving.
(c) They are sent a note.
(d) Amanda and Elyot left their spouses a note.
8. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
(b) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
(c) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
(d) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
9. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
(a) Amanda's curling irons burned a hole in Elyot's new dressing gown.
(b) Elyot caught Amanda with an admirer.
(c) Amanda struck Elyot first.
(d) Amanda tries to leave Elyot.
10. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(b) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
(c) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(d) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
11. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
(a) They must apologize to their spouses.
(b) They must live in the moment and enjoy life.
(c) They must return to London.
(d) They must leave the flat before Victor and Sibyl find them.
12. Who says, "Flippancy brings out the acid in their damned sweetness and light."
13. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
(a) Elyot admits to having an affair while they were married.
(b) Amanda tries to throw Elyot out of her apartment.
(c) Elyot has ruined Amanda's record.
(d) Amanda slaps Elyot.
14. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A watch.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A ring.
15. Why does Elyot tell Amanda to turn the gramophone off?
(a) He hates the song that is playing.
(b) He says he does not want to annoy the neighbors.
(c) He would rather play piano than listen to a record.
(d) He is trying to talk to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
2. What starts the final fight between Amanda and Elyot in Act II?
3. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
4. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
5. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)