|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
2. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
(c) Calm and easy.
(d) Completely fulfilling.
3. Where does Act II take place?
(a) Elyot's country home.
(b) The hotel from Act I.
(c) Amanda's flat in Paris.
(d) Elyot's flat in Paris.
4. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
(a) Sol Isaacs.
(d) Isaacs Sol.
5. When he starts getting angry, what does Amanda accuse Elyot of being?
6. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
(b) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
(c) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
(d) Amanda never slept with Victor.
7. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
(a) Their desire to always be flippant.
(b) Their love for each other.
(c) Their urge to bicker.
(d) Their apathy towards society.
8. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
(a) A simple evening gown.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) A negligee.
9. In Act II, what does Amanda reveal to Elyot that first begins to upset him?
(a) She no longer wishes to travel the world.
(b) She loves Victor.
(c) She is no longer Catholic.
(d) She had not been celibate after their divorce.
10. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
11. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
(b) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
(c) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
(d) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
12. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) Most specialists are socially awkward.
(b) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(c) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
(d) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
13. Who says, "Flippancy brings out the acid in their damned sweetness and light."
14. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
(a) Elyot and Amanda are shoving the player back and forth.
(b) Elyot keeps trying to take the gramophone from Amanda.
(c) They do not do anything to the gramophone.
(d) Elyot keeps switching it off and Amanda keeps turning it back on.
15. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
(b) She starts punching Elyot.
(c) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
(d) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the use of the triple code?
2. Who or what is Charles?
3. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
4. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
5. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)