|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
(b) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
(c) She starts punching Elyot.
(d) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
2. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
(b) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
(c) The front door is broken off the hinges.
(d) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
3. Who or what is Charles?
(a) Charles is an admirer of Amanda's.
(b) Charles was Amanda and Elyot's old code to end all arguments.
(c) Charles is Elyot's butler.
(d) Charles is a wooden snake Amanda once bought Elyot.
4. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
(a) They do not do anything to the gramophone.
(b) Elyot keeps switching it off and Amanda keeps turning it back on.
(c) Elyot and Amanda are shoving the player back and forth.
(d) Elyot keeps trying to take the gramophone from Amanda.
5. What is the name of the man who used to love and admire Amanda?
(a) A name is not given.
(b) Victor Prynne.
(c) Charles Burden.
(d) Peter Burden.
6. How do Victor and Sibyl discover that their spouses ran away together?
(a) Sibyl saw Amanda and Elyot drive away together.
(b) Victor caught Amanda and Elyot leaving.
(c) They are sent a note.
(d) Amanda and Elyot left their spouses a note.
7. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
8. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never slept with Victor.
(b) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
(c) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
(d) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
9. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(b) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(c) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
(d) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
10. What causes the use of the triple code?
(a) Elyot does not want to make love to Amanda at that moment.
(b) Amanda slams the piano shut on Elyot's fingers.
(c) Amanda does not want to make love to Elyot at that moment.
(d) Elyot turns off the record player.
11. Who is Louise?
(a) Louise is Amanda's maid.
(b) Louise is Elyot's maid.
(c) Louise is the woman with whom Elyot had an affair.
(d) Louise is Amanda's sister.
12. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
13. What do Amanda and Elyot not believe in?
(a) Keeping up appearances.
14. Who says, "Flippancy brings out the acid in their damned sweetness and light."
15. Why does Elyot tell Amanda to turn the gramophone off?
(a) He hates the song that is playing.
(b) He says he does not want to annoy the neighbors.
(c) He is trying to talk to her.
(d) He would rather play piano than listen to a record.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
2. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
3. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
4. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
5. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)