|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is Charles?
(a) Charles is an admirer of Amanda's.
(b) Charles was Amanda and Elyot's old code to end all arguments.
(c) Charles is a wooden snake Amanda once bought Elyot.
(d) Charles is Elyot's butler.
2. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
3. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) Most specialists are socially awkward.
(b) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
(c) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
(d) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
4. After the triple use of the code, what do Amanda and Elyot do together?
(a) Write a letter to their spouses.
(c) Sing old songs.
(d) Call the neighbors.
5. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
(a) Their desire to always be flippant.
(b) Their apathy towards society.
(c) Their urge to bicker.
(d) Their love for each other.
6. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
(b) She starts punching Elyot.
(c) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
(d) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
7. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
(a) Elyot has another drink.
(b) Elyot goes to bed.
(c) Elyot plays the piano.
(d) Elyot takes a walk.
8. Who is Louise?
(a) Louise is Amanda's maid.
(b) Louise is Amanda's sister.
(c) Louise is Elyot's maid.
(d) Louise is the woman with whom Elyot had an affair.
9. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
10. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(b) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
(c) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(d) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
11. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A watch.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A ring.
12. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
(a) Young and vibrant.
(c) Old and unwanted.
(d) Angry and depressed.
13. During their final fight, what does Amanda say she'd rather do than marry Elyot?
(a) Stay with Victor.
(b) Be alone the rest of her life.
(c) Run away to another country.
(d) Die in torment.
14. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
(b) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(c) They will do nothing but argue.
(d) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
15. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
(a) One hour.
(b) A full week.
(c) One day.
(d) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
2. Where does Act II take place?
3. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
4. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
5. What time is it at the top of Act II?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)