|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their final fight, what does Amanda say she'd rather do than marry Elyot?
(a) Die in torment.
(b) Run away to another country.
(c) Be alone the rest of her life.
(d) Stay with Victor.
2. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
(a) They must apologize to their spouses.
(b) They must leave the flat before Victor and Sibyl find them.
(c) They must return to London.
(d) They must live in the moment and enjoy life.
3. How do Victor and Sibyl discover that their spouses ran away together?
(a) Victor caught Amanda and Elyot leaving.
(b) Amanda and Elyot left their spouses a note.
(c) Sibyl saw Amanda and Elyot drive away together.
(d) They are sent a note.
4. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
5. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
(a) Elyot has ruined Amanda's record.
(b) Amanda slaps Elyot.
(c) Elyot admits to having an affair while they were married.
(d) Amanda tries to throw Elyot out of her apartment.
6. After their tiff over affairs, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Dance and make nonsense small talk.
(b) Make love.
(c) Sing together.
(d) Dance silently.
7. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
(a) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in Madagascar.
(b) He pretends to be the person the caller is trying to reach.
(c) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in India.
(d) He tells the caller they have the wrong number.
8. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
(a) Elyot keeps switching it off and Amanda keeps turning it back on.
(b) They do not do anything to the gramophone.
(c) Elyot and Amanda are shoving the player back and forth.
(d) Elyot keeps trying to take the gramophone from Amanda.
9. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(b) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(c) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
(d) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
10. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
(b) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
(c) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
(d) Amanda never slept with Victor.
11. What do Amanda and Elyot not believe in?
(a) Keeping up appearances.
12. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
(a) Elyot pushes her across the room.
(b) Elyot tries to call out their code.
(c) Elyot slaps her in the face.
(d) Elyot breaks a record over her head.
13. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
(a) Louise is drinking the brandy.
(b) Louise is needed by her family.
(c) Louise has a cold.
(d) Amanda and Elyot want more privacy.
14. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
15. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
(a) Their desire to always be flippant.
(b) Their urge to bicker.
(c) Their apathy towards society.
(d) Their love for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
2. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
3. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
4. What kind of women did Amanda imagine Elyot would go after?
5. Elyot claims to have been in love with another woman during their separation. Where is she from?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)