|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
(a) Elyot goes to bed.
(b) Elyot has another drink.
(c) Elyot plays the piano.
(d) Elyot takes a walk.
2. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
3. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
(a) A bar.
(b) A piano.
(c) A harp.
(d) A bed.
4. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
5. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
(a) Amanda and Elyot are on the couch together.
(b) Elyot is unconscious from being hit with the record player.
(c) Amanda and Elyot are drinking brandy to calm themselves after the fight.
(d) Amanda and Elyot are physically fighting.
6. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A watch.
7. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
(b) Isaacs Sol.
(c) Sol Isaacs.
8. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
9. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
(b) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
(c) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
(d) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
10. Where does Act II take place?
(a) The hotel from Act I.
(b) Amanda's flat in Paris.
(c) Elyot's flat in Paris.
(d) Elyot's country home.
11. According to Amanda, what did Victor love to do?
(a) Victor loved to look after Amanda.
(b) Victor loved to go dancing.
(c) Victor loved to verbally spar with Amanda.
(d) Victor loved the opera.
12. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
(a) Amanda fears Sibyl will try to hurt her.
(b) Amanda fears Sibyl is very unhappy.
(c) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to marry Victor.
(d) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to steal Elyot back from her.
13. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
(a) Elyot has ruined Amanda's record.
(b) Amanda tries to throw Elyot out of her apartment.
(c) Amanda slaps Elyot.
(d) Elyot admits to having an affair while they were married.
14. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
(a) A few days.
(b) One hour.
(c) One day.
(d) A full week.
15. What did Amanda let her admirer do that made Elyot jealous?
(a) Amanda made love to him.
(b) Amanda let him kiss her.
(c) Amanda danced with him.
(d) Amanda was completely innocent and it was all in Elyot's mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
2. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
3. During their final fight, what does Amanda say she'd rather do than marry Elyot?
4. Elyot claims to have been in love with another woman during their separation. Where is she from?
5. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)