|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
(a) Amanda struck Elyot first.
(b) Elyot caught Amanda with an admirer.
(c) Amanda tries to leave Elyot.
(d) Amanda's curling irons burned a hole in Elyot's new dressing gown.
2. What causes the use of the triple code?
(a) Amanda does not want to make love to Elyot at that moment.
(b) Elyot does not want to make love to Amanda at that moment.
(c) Amanda slams the piano shut on Elyot's fingers.
(d) Elyot turns off the record player.
3. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
(a) A dinner jacket.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) A dressing gown.
4. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A watch.
(d) A brooch.
5. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
(b) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
(c) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
(d) She starts punching Elyot.
6. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
7. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
(a) Amanda thinks Elyot has had too much to drink.
(b) Amanda reveals that she was not celibate after the divorce.
(c) Amanda tells Elyot he should call Sibyl.
(d) Amanda talks about Victor's good qualities.
8. What kind of women did Amanda imagine Elyot would go after?
(b) She did not believe Elyot would be unfaithful.
(c) Married women.
(d) Young debutantes.
9. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
(b) Sol Isaacs.
(d) Isaacs Sol.
10. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
(b) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
(c) They will do nothing but argue.
(d) They will be forced out of their social standing.
11. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
12. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
(a) Elyot plays the piano.
(b) Elyot takes a walk.
(c) Elyot goes to bed.
(d) Elyot has another drink.
13. Who is Louise?
(a) Louise is Amanda's maid.
(b) Louise is Elyot's maid.
(c) Louise is the woman with whom Elyot had an affair.
(d) Louise is Amanda's sister.
14. During their final fight, what does Amanda say she'd rather do than marry Elyot?
(a) Be alone the rest of her life.
(b) Run away to another country.
(c) Stay with Victor.
(d) Die in torment.
15. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
(a) Elyot breaks a record over her head.
(b) Elyot slaps her in the face.
(c) Elyot pushes her across the room.
(d) Elyot tries to call out their code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
2. When Elyot was on his world travels, what kept him from being too excited about what he saw?
3. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
4. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
5. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)