|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
(b) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
(c) The front door is broken off the hinges.
(d) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
2. What starts the final fight between Amanda and Elyot in Act II?
(a) Elyot brings up an admirer of Amanda's who she once let kiss her.
(b) Amanda has too much to drink.
(c) Elyot tries to leave the apartment.
(d) Amanda accuses Elyot of not taking their situation seriously enough.
3. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
(a) Elyot tells her to not take life too seriously.
(b) Elyot suggests she has another drink.
(c) Elyot reminds her that, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, they were never divorced.
(d) Elyot suggests she call Victor and apologize.
4. Who or what is Charles?
(a) Charles was Amanda and Elyot's old code to end all arguments.
(b) Charles is an admirer of Amanda's.
(c) Charles is a wooden snake Amanda once bought Elyot.
(d) Charles is Elyot's butler.
5. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
(a) Their apathy towards society.
(b) Their urge to bicker.
(c) Their love for each other.
(d) Their desire to always be flippant.
6. Where does Act II take place?
(a) The hotel from Act I.
(b) Elyot's country home.
(c) Elyot's flat in Paris.
(d) Amanda's flat in Paris.
7. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
(a) Elyot has another drink.
(b) Elyot plays the piano.
(c) Elyot takes a walk.
(d) Elyot goes to bed.
8. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
(a) Sol Isaacs.
(c) Isaacs Sol.
9. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
(b) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(c) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
(d) Most specialists are socially awkward.
10. What is the name of the man who used to love and admire Amanda?
(a) Victor Prynne.
(b) Peter Burden.
(c) Charles Burden.
(d) A name is not given.
11. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
(a) A piano.
(b) A bar.
(c) A harp.
(d) A bed.
12. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
13. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
(b) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
(c) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(d) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
14. After their tiff over affairs, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Sing together.
(b) Dance and make nonsense small talk.
(c) Make love.
(d) Dance silently.
15. Who is Louise?
(a) Louise is Amanda's sister.
(b) Louise is the woman with whom Elyot had an affair.
(c) Louise is Amanda's maid.
(d) Louise is Elyot's maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
2. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
3. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
4. According to Amanda, what did Victor love to do?
5. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)