|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
(a) Amanda was richer than Elyot.
(b) Elyot was the more popular of the pair.
(c) Elyot was extremely well-traveled.
(d) They both believed the other was constantly unfaithful.
2. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
(b) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(c) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
(d) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
3. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
4. When Elyot was on his world travels, what kept him from being too excited about what he saw?
(b) The presence of Sibyl's mother.
(c) The presence of Sibyl.
(d) Amanda's absence.
5. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
(b) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
(c) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
(d) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
6. Who or what is Charles?
(a) Charles was Amanda and Elyot's old code to end all arguments.
(b) Charles is an admirer of Amanda's.
(c) Charles is Elyot's butler.
(d) Charles is a wooden snake Amanda once bought Elyot.
7. When he starts getting angry, what does Amanda accuse Elyot of being?
8. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 12:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
9. Who is Louise?
(a) Louise is Amanda's maid.
(b) Louise is Amanda's sister.
(c) Louise is Elyot's maid.
(d) Louise is the woman with whom Elyot had an affair.
10. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
(b) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
(c) Amanda never slept with Victor.
(d) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
11. What is the name of the man who used to love and admire Amanda?
(a) A name is not given.
(b) Peter Burden.
(c) Victor Prynne.
(d) Charles Burden.
12. What do Amanda and Elyot not believe in?
(b) Keeping up appearances.
13. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
(a) One hour.
(b) A full week.
(c) A few days.
(d) One day.
14. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
(a) Sol Isaacs.
(b) Isaacs Sol.
15. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(b) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
(c) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
(d) They will do nothing but argue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
2. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
3. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
4. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
5. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)