|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
2. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
(a) Amanda reveals that she was not celibate after the divorce.
(b) Amanda talks about Victor's good qualities.
(c) Amanda tells Elyot he should call Sibyl.
(d) Amanda thinks Elyot has had too much to drink.
3. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
(a) Elyot suggests she call Victor and apologize.
(b) Elyot suggests she has another drink.
(c) Elyot tells her to not take life too seriously.
(d) Elyot reminds her that, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, they were never divorced.
4. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
(a) Elyot has another drink.
(b) Elyot goes to bed.
(c) Elyot takes a walk.
(d) Elyot plays the piano.
5. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
(a) A harp.
(b) A bed.
(c) A piano.
(d) A bar.
6. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
(b) She starts punching Elyot.
(c) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
(d) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
7. What does Amanda suggest she and Elyot do if their spouses find them?
(a) Behave with perfect manners.
(b) Apologize profusely.
(c) Run away.
(d) Throw them out.
8. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
(a) Elyot pushes her across the room.
(b) Elyot slaps her in the face.
(c) Elyot breaks a record over her head.
(d) Elyot tries to call out their code.
9. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(b) They will do nothing but argue.
(c) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
(d) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
10. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
(b) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
(c) Amanda never slept with Victor.
(d) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
11. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
12. Who or what is Charles?
(a) Charles is an admirer of Amanda's.
(b) Charles is Elyot's butler.
(c) Charles was Amanda and Elyot's old code to end all arguments.
(d) Charles is a wooden snake Amanda once bought Elyot.
13. What kind of women did Amanda imagine Elyot would go after?
(a) Young debutantes.
(c) Married women.
(d) She did not believe Elyot would be unfaithful.
14. When Elyot was on his world travels, what kept him from being too excited about what he saw?
(a) Amanda's absence.
(b) The presence of Sibyl's mother.
(d) The presence of Sibyl.
15. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
(b) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
(c) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
(d) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elyot claims to have been in love with another woman during their separation. Where is she from?
2. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
3. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
4. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
5. After their tiff over affairs, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)