|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
(a) Elyot has ruined Amanda's record.
(b) Elyot admits to having an affair while they were married.
(c) Amanda slaps Elyot.
(d) Amanda tries to throw Elyot out of her apartment.
2. What does Elyot angrily say that Amanda lacks?
3. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She starts punching Elyot.
(b) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
(c) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
(d) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
4. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(b) Most specialists are socially awkward.
(c) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
(d) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
5. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
(a) Amanda was richer than Elyot.
(b) Elyot was extremely well-traveled.
(c) Elyot was the more popular of the pair.
(d) They both believed the other was constantly unfaithful.
6. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
(a) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in Madagascar.
(b) He tells the caller they have the wrong number.
(c) He pretends to be the person the caller is trying to reach.
(d) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in India.
7. What have Amanda and Elyot been doing for the last few days in Paris?
(a) They have walked around the city.
(b) They have gone out to dinner every night.
(c) They have taken in the museums and shows.
(d) They have stayed in the apartment together.
8. After the triple use of the code, what do Amanda and Elyot do together?
(a) Call the neighbors.
(b) Write a letter to their spouses.
(c) Sing old songs.
9. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
(a) Amanda fears Sibyl will try to hurt her.
(b) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to steal Elyot back from her.
(c) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to marry Victor.
(d) Amanda fears Sibyl is very unhappy.
10. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 12:00 a.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
11. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
(a) Amanda struck Elyot first.
(b) Amanda tries to leave Elyot.
(c) Amanda's curling irons burned a hole in Elyot's new dressing gown.
(d) Elyot caught Amanda with an admirer.
12. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
(a) Amanda thinks Elyot has had too much to drink.
(b) Amanda talks about Victor's good qualities.
(c) Amanda reveals that she was not celibate after the divorce.
(d) Amanda tells Elyot he should call Sibyl.
13. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
(b) Completely fulfilling.
(c) Calm and easy.
14. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A watch.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
15. Who or what is Charles?
(a) Charles is a wooden snake Amanda once bought Elyot.
(b) Charles is Elyot's butler.
(c) Charles was Amanda and Elyot's old code to end all arguments.
(d) Charles is an admirer of Amanda's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoys Amanda the most about Elyot's reaction to her post-marriage affairs?
2. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
3. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
4. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
5. When he starts getting angry, what does Amanda accuse Elyot of being?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)