|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
(a) Elyot suggests she call Victor and apologize.
(b) Elyot reminds her that, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, they were never divorced.
(c) Elyot suggests she has another drink.
(d) Elyot tells her to not take life too seriously.
2. According to Amanda, what did Victor love to do?
(a) Victor loved to go dancing.
(b) Victor loved the opera.
(c) Victor loved to verbally spar with Amanda.
(d) Victor loved to look after Amanda.
3. How do Victor and Sibyl discover that their spouses ran away together?
(a) Victor caught Amanda and Elyot leaving.
(b) Amanda and Elyot left their spouses a note.
(c) Sibyl saw Amanda and Elyot drive away together.
(d) They are sent a note.
4. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
5. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(b) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
(c) They will do nothing but argue.
(d) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
6. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
(a) He tells the caller they have the wrong number.
(b) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in Madagascar.
(c) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in India.
(d) He pretends to be the person the caller is trying to reach.
7. What have Amanda and Elyot been doing for the last few days in Paris?
(a) They have walked around the city.
(b) They have gone out to dinner every night.
(c) They have taken in the museums and shows.
(d) They have stayed in the apartment together.
8. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
(a) Elyot slaps her in the face.
(b) Elyot tries to call out their code.
(c) Elyot breaks a record over her head.
(d) Elyot pushes her across the room.
9. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
(a) Amanda tries to throw Elyot out of her apartment.
(b) Elyot admits to having an affair while they were married.
(c) Elyot has ruined Amanda's record.
(d) Amanda slaps Elyot.
10. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
(a) Completely fulfilling.
(c) Calm and easy.
11. What did Amanda let her admirer do that made Elyot jealous?
(a) Amanda let him kiss her.
(b) Amanda was completely innocent and it was all in Elyot's mind.
(c) Amanda made love to him.
(d) Amanda danced with him.
12. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
13. Who or what is Charles?
(a) Charles was Amanda and Elyot's old code to end all arguments.
(b) Charles is Elyot's butler.
(c) Charles is a wooden snake Amanda once bought Elyot.
(d) Charles is an admirer of Amanda's.
14. What causes the use of the triple code?
(a) Amanda slams the piano shut on Elyot's fingers.
(b) Elyot turns off the record player.
(c) Amanda does not want to make love to Elyot at that moment.
(d) Elyot does not want to make love to Amanda at that moment.
15. In Act II, what does Amanda reveal to Elyot that first begins to upset him?
(a) She loves Victor.
(b) She no longer wishes to travel the world.
(c) She had not been celibate after their divorce.
(d) She is no longer Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their final fight, what does Amanda say she'd rather do than marry Elyot?
2. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
3. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
4. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
5. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)