|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
(b) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
(c) The front door is broken off the hinges.
(d) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
2. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
3. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(b) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(c) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
(d) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
4. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A watch.
(d) A ring.
5. Who is Louise?
(a) Louise is Amanda's sister.
(b) Louise is Elyot's maid.
(c) Louise is Amanda's maid.
(d) Louise is the woman with whom Elyot had an affair.
6. What starts the final fight between Amanda and Elyot in Act II?
(a) Amanda accuses Elyot of not taking their situation seriously enough.
(b) Elyot brings up an admirer of Amanda's who she once let kiss her.
(c) Elyot tries to leave the apartment.
(d) Amanda has too much to drink.
7. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
(a) Elyot goes to bed.
(b) Elyot plays the piano.
(c) Elyot has another drink.
(d) Elyot takes a walk.
8. What do Amanda and Elyot not believe in?
(c) Keeping up appearances.
9. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A dressing gown.
(d) A dinner jacket.
10. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
(b) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
(c) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
(d) Amanda never slept with Victor.
11. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
(a) A bed.
(b) A piano.
(c) A harp.
(d) A bar.
12. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) They will do nothing but argue.
(b) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(c) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
(d) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
13. What have Amanda and Elyot been doing for the last few days in Paris?
(a) They have gone out to dinner every night.
(b) They have stayed in the apartment together.
(c) They have walked around the city.
(d) They have taken in the museums and shows.
14. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
15. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
(a) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to marry Victor.
(b) Amanda fears Sibyl will try to hurt her.
(c) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to steal Elyot back from her.
(d) Amanda fears Sibyl is very unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
2. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
3. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
4. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
5. How does Amanda refer to hormones?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)