|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their tiff over affairs, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Dance and make nonsense small talk.
(b) Sing together.
(c) Make love.
(d) Dance silently.
2. According to Amanda, what did Victor love to do?
(a) Victor loved the opera.
(b) Victor loved to look after Amanda.
(c) Victor loved to verbally spar with Amanda.
(d) Victor loved to go dancing.
3. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
(a) They both believed the other was constantly unfaithful.
(b) Amanda was richer than Elyot.
(c) Elyot was extremely well-traveled.
(d) Elyot was the more popular of the pair.
4. What is the name of the man who used to love and admire Amanda?
(a) Victor Prynne.
(b) Charles Burden.
(c) Peter Burden.
(d) A name is not given.
5. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(b) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(c) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
(d) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
6. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
(a) Young and vibrant.
(c) Old and unwanted.
(d) Angry and depressed.
7. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
(a) Elyot is unconscious from being hit with the record player.
(b) Amanda and Elyot are on the couch together.
(c) Amanda and Elyot are physically fighting.
(d) Amanda and Elyot are drinking brandy to calm themselves after the fight.
8. After the triple use of the code, what do Amanda and Elyot do together?
(b) Call the neighbors.
(c) Sing old songs.
(d) Write a letter to their spouses.
9. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
(a) Louise is drinking the brandy.
(b) Louise has a cold.
(c) Louise is needed by her family.
(d) Amanda and Elyot want more privacy.
10. Where does Act II take place?
(a) Elyot's flat in Paris.
(b) Elyot's country home.
(c) Amanda's flat in Paris.
(d) The hotel from Act I.
11. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
(a) Elyot reminds her that, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, they were never divorced.
(b) Elyot suggests she has another drink.
(c) Elyot tells her to not take life too seriously.
(d) Elyot suggests she call Victor and apologize.
12. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
(a) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to steal Elyot back from her.
(b) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to marry Victor.
(c) Amanda fears Sibyl is very unhappy.
(d) Amanda fears Sibyl will try to hurt her.
13. What did Amanda let her admirer do that made Elyot jealous?
(a) Amanda made love to him.
(b) Amanda let him kiss her.
(c) Amanda danced with him.
(d) Amanda was completely innocent and it was all in Elyot's mind.
14. What do Amanda and Elyot not believe in?
(c) Keeping up appearances.
15. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A dinner jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
2. What annoys Amanda the most about Elyot's reaction to her post-marriage affairs?
3. How do Victor and Sibyl discover that their spouses ran away together?
4. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
5. In Act II, what does Amanda reveal to Elyot that first begins to upset him?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)