|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
2. What do Amanda and Elyot not believe in?
(c) Keeping up appearances.
3. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
(a) Their love for each other.
(b) Their urge to bicker.
(c) Their apathy towards society.
(d) Their desire to always be flippant.
4. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) The front door is broken off the hinges.
(b) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
(c) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
(d) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
5. After their tiff over affairs, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Sing together.
(b) Dance and make nonsense small talk.
(c) Make love.
(d) Dance silently.
6. What did Amanda let her admirer do that made Elyot jealous?
(a) Amanda let him kiss her.
(b) Amanda danced with him.
(c) Amanda made love to him.
(d) Amanda was completely innocent and it was all in Elyot's mind.
7. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
(a) Amanda and Elyot are physically fighting.
(b) Elyot is unconscious from being hit with the record player.
(c) Amanda and Elyot are on the couch together.
(d) Amanda and Elyot are drinking brandy to calm themselves after the fight.
8. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
(a) Elyot pushes her across the room.
(b) Elyot slaps her in the face.
(c) Elyot tries to call out their code.
(d) Elyot breaks a record over her head.
9. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
(a) He tells the caller they have the wrong number.
(b) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in Madagascar.
(c) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in India.
(d) He pretends to be the person the caller is trying to reach.
10. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
(a) Amanda struck Elyot first.
(b) Amanda's curling irons burned a hole in Elyot's new dressing gown.
(c) Elyot caught Amanda with an admirer.
(d) Amanda tries to leave Elyot.
11. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
(a) Amanda talks about Victor's good qualities.
(b) Amanda thinks Elyot has had too much to drink.
(c) Amanda reveals that she was not celibate after the divorce.
(d) Amanda tells Elyot he should call Sibyl.
12. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Leave the apartment.
(b) Smoke a cigarette.
(c) Keep fighting.
(d) Call their spouses.
13. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
(b) Sol Isaacs.
(c) Isaacs Sol.
14. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 12:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
15. What starts the final fight between Amanda and Elyot in Act II?
(a) Elyot tries to leave the apartment.
(b) Amanda has too much to drink.
(c) Amanda accuses Elyot of not taking their situation seriously enough.
(d) Elyot brings up an admirer of Amanda's who she once let kiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the triple use of the code, what do Amanda and Elyot do together?
2. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
3. Who or what is Charles?
4. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
5. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)