|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
(b) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
(c) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
(d) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
2. When Elyot was on his world travels, what kept him from being too excited about what he saw?
(a) The presence of Sibyl's mother.
(c) Amanda's absence.
(d) The presence of Sibyl.
3. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
4. What causes the use of the triple code?
(a) Elyot does not want to make love to Amanda at that moment.
(b) Elyot turns off the record player.
(c) Amanda slams the piano shut on Elyot's fingers.
(d) Amanda does not want to make love to Elyot at that moment.
5. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Leave the apartment.
(b) Keep fighting.
(c) Call their spouses.
(d) Smoke a cigarette.
6. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
(c) Sol Isaacs.
(d) Isaacs Sol.
7. After their tiff over affairs, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Sing together.
(b) Dance and make nonsense small talk.
(c) Dance silently.
(d) Make love.
8. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
(a) Elyot tells her to not take life too seriously.
(b) Elyot suggests she call Victor and apologize.
(c) Elyot reminds her that, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, they were never divorced.
(d) Elyot suggests she has another drink.
9. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A simple evening gown.
(d) A negligee.
10. During their final fight, what does Amanda say she'd rather do than marry Elyot?
(a) Be alone the rest of her life.
(b) Run away to another country.
(c) Die in torment.
(d) Stay with Victor.
11. Why does Elyot tell Amanda to turn the gramophone off?
(a) He says he does not want to annoy the neighbors.
(b) He would rather play piano than listen to a record.
(c) He hates the song that is playing.
(d) He is trying to talk to her.
12. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
(b) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
(c) Amanda never slept with Victor.
(d) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
13. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
(b) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(c) They will do nothing but argue.
(d) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
14. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
(a) A dinner jacket.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) A dressing gown.
15. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
(a) A bar.
(b) A bed.
(c) A piano.
(d) A harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Victor and Sibyl discover that their spouses ran away together?
2. Who says, "Flippancy brings out the acid in their damned sweetness and light."
3. What kind of women did Amanda imagine Elyot would go after?
4. What time is it at the top of Act II?
5. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)