|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elyot was on his world travels, what kept him from being too excited about what he saw?
(b) The presence of Sibyl's mother.
(c) The presence of Sibyl.
(d) Amanda's absence.
2. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
(a) Elyot suggests she has another drink.
(b) Elyot suggests she call Victor and apologize.
(c) Elyot reminds her that, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, they were never divorced.
(d) Elyot tells her to not take life too seriously.
3. What starts the final fight between Amanda and Elyot in Act II?
(a) Amanda accuses Elyot of not taking their situation seriously enough.
(b) Elyot tries to leave the apartment.
(c) Elyot brings up an admirer of Amanda's who she once let kiss her.
(d) Amanda has too much to drink.
4. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
5. What is prominently displayed in Amanda's flat?
(a) A piano.
(b) A harp.
(c) A bar.
(d) A bed.
6. What does Amanda suggest she and Elyot do if their spouses find them?
(a) Run away.
(b) Apologize profusely.
(c) Behave with perfect manners.
(d) Throw them out.
7. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) A simple evening gown.
(c) A negligee.
8. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
(a) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to steal Elyot back from her.
(b) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to marry Victor.
(c) Amanda fears Sibyl is very unhappy.
(d) Amanda fears Sibyl will try to hurt her.
9. Where does Act II take place?
(a) Amanda's flat in Paris.
(b) Elyot's country home.
(c) The hotel from Act I.
(d) Elyot's flat in Paris.
10. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
(a) He tells the caller they have the wrong number.
(b) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in Madagascar.
(c) He pretends to be the person the caller is trying to reach.
(d) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in India.
11. During their final fight, what does Amanda say she'd rather do than marry Elyot?
(a) Die in torment.
(b) Be alone the rest of her life.
(c) Stay with Victor.
(d) Run away to another country.
12. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
(a) Their apathy towards society.
(b) Their love for each other.
(c) Their desire to always be flippant.
(d) Their urge to bicker.
13. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
(a) Old and unwanted.
(b) Young and vibrant.
(d) Angry and depressed.
14. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
(b) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
(c) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
(d) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
15. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
(a) Elyot keeps trying to take the gramophone from Amanda.
(b) They do not do anything to the gramophone.
(c) Elyot keeps switching it off and Amanda keeps turning it back on.
(d) Elyot and Amanda are shoving the player back and forth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
2. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
3. What have Amanda and Elyot been doing for the last few days in Paris?
4. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
5. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)