|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Amanda, what did Victor love to do?
(a) Victor loved to verbally spar with Amanda.
(b) Victor loved to go dancing.
(c) Victor loved the opera.
(d) Victor loved to look after Amanda.
2. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
(c) Isaacs Sol.
(d) Sol Isaacs.
3. Who or what is Charles?
(a) Charles is an admirer of Amanda's.
(b) Charles is Elyot's butler.
(c) Charles was Amanda and Elyot's old code to end all arguments.
(d) Charles is a wooden snake Amanda once bought Elyot.
4. After the triple use of the code, what do Amanda and Elyot do together?
(b) Call the neighbors.
(c) Write a letter to their spouses.
(d) Sing old songs.
5. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) Most specialists are socially awkward.
(b) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
(c) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(d) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
6. How many total glasses of brandy does Elyot drink?
7. What starts the final fight between Amanda and Elyot in Act II?
(a) Amanda accuses Elyot of not taking their situation seriously enough.
(b) Elyot tries to leave the apartment.
(c) Amanda has too much to drink.
(d) Elyot brings up an admirer of Amanda's who she once let kiss her.
8. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never slept with Victor.
(b) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
(c) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
(d) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
9. What does Amanda suggest she and Elyot do if their spouses find them?
(a) Run away.
(b) Apologize profusely.
(c) Behave with perfect manners.
(d) Throw them out.
10. Elyot claims to have been in love with another woman during their separation. Where is she from?
(c) South Africa.
11. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
(a) They must live in the moment and enjoy life.
(b) They must apologize to their spouses.
(c) They must return to London.
(d) They must leave the flat before Victor and Sibyl find them.
12. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
13. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
(a) The telephone ringing.
(b) A noise on the balcony.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) A telegram from Victor.
14. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
(a) Amanda was richer than Elyot.
(b) Elyot was extremely well-traveled.
(c) They both believed the other was constantly unfaithful.
(d) Elyot was the more popular of the pair.
15. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
(a) He tells the caller they have the wrong number.
(b) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in Madagascar.
(c) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in India.
(d) He pretends to be the person the caller is trying to reach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who used to love and admire Amanda?
2. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
3. How does Amanda refer to hormones?
4. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
5. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)