|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
(a) They must return to London.
(b) They must live in the moment and enjoy life.
(c) They must apologize to their spouses.
(d) They must leave the flat before Victor and Sibyl find them.
2. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
(a) Elyot admits to having an affair while they were married.
(b) Amanda slaps Elyot.
(c) Amanda tries to throw Elyot out of her apartment.
(d) Elyot has ruined Amanda's record.
3. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
(a) Louise is drinking the brandy.
(b) Louise has a cold.
(c) Louise is needed by her family.
(d) Amanda and Elyot want more privacy.
4. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
(a) Amanda tries to leave Elyot.
(b) Amanda struck Elyot first.
(c) Elyot caught Amanda with an admirer.
(d) Amanda's curling irons burned a hole in Elyot's new dressing gown.
5. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
(a) Old and unwanted.
(c) Young and vibrant.
(d) Angry and depressed.
6. In Act II, what does Amanda reveal to Elyot that first begins to upset him?
(a) She loves Victor.
(b) She is no longer Catholic.
(c) She had not been celibate after their divorce.
(d) She no longer wishes to travel the world.
7. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
(a) Amanda and Elyot are drinking brandy to calm themselves after the fight.
(b) Amanda and Elyot are physically fighting.
(c) Elyot is unconscious from being hit with the record player.
(d) Amanda and Elyot are on the couch together.
8. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
(a) A knock on the door.
(b) The telephone ringing.
(c) A telegram from Victor.
(d) A noise on the balcony.
9. After the triple use of the code, what do Amanda and Elyot do together?
(a) Call the neighbors.
(b) Write a letter to their spouses.
(d) Sing old songs.
10. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
11. What have Amanda and Elyot been doing for the last few days in Paris?
(a) They have stayed in the apartment together.
(b) They have walked around the city.
(c) They have taken in the museums and shows.
(d) They have gone out to dinner every night.
12. When Elyot was on his world travels, what kept him from being too excited about what he saw?
(b) The presence of Sibyl's mother.
(c) The presence of Sibyl.
(d) Amanda's absence.
13. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) Most specialists are socially awkward.
(b) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
(c) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(d) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
14. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
(b) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(c) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
(d) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
15. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A watch.
(b) A brooch.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
2. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
3. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
4. What did Amanda let her admirer do that made Elyot jealous?
5. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)