|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
(a) Amanda fears Sibyl will try to hurt her.
(b) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to steal Elyot back from her.
(c) Amanda fears Sibyl is very unhappy.
(d) Amanda fears that Sibyl will try to marry Victor.
2. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
(b) Most specialists are socially awkward.
(c) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(d) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
3. What does Elyot tell the person calling Amanda's flat with the wrong number?
(a) He tells the caller they have the wrong number.
(b) He pretends to be the person the caller is trying to reach.
(c) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in India.
(d) He says that the person they are trying to reach is in Madagascar.
4. After their tiff over affairs, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Dance silently.
(b) Sing together.
(c) Dance and make nonsense small talk.
(d) Make love.
5. Who is Louise?
(a) Louise is Amanda's sister.
(b) Louise is the woman with whom Elyot had an affair.
(c) Louise is Amanda's maid.
(d) Louise is Elyot's maid.
6. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A brooch.
(c) A ring.
(d) A watch.
7. What annoys Amanda the most about Elyot's reaction to her post-marriage affairs?
(a) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot is not listening.
(b) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot believes it is proper for men to be promiscuous, but not women.
(c) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not care.
(d) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not believe her.
8. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
(b) The front door is broken off the hinges.
(c) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
(d) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
9. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
(b) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
(c) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
(d) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
10. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
(a) Elyot plays the piano.
(b) Elyot has another drink.
(c) Elyot goes to bed.
(d) Elyot takes a walk.
11. What causes the use of the triple code?
(a) Elyot turns off the record player.
(b) Elyot does not want to make love to Amanda at that moment.
(c) Amanda slams the piano shut on Elyot's fingers.
(d) Amanda does not want to make love to Elyot at that moment.
12. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
13. In Act II, what does Amanda reveal to Elyot that first begins to upset him?
(a) She had not been celibate after their divorce.
(b) She loves Victor.
(c) She is no longer Catholic.
(d) She no longer wishes to travel the world.
14. What starts the final fight between Amanda and Elyot in Act II?
(a) Elyot tries to leave the apartment.
(b) Amanda accuses Elyot of not taking their situation seriously enough.
(c) Elyot brings up an admirer of Amanda's who she once let kiss her.
(d) Amanda has too much to drink.
15. What does Amanda suggest she and Elyot do if their spouses find them?
(a) Apologize profusely.
(b) Throw them out.
(c) Behave with perfect manners.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
2. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
3. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
4. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
5. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)