|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
(a) Amanda thinks Elyot has had too much to drink.
(b) Amanda talks about Victor's good qualities.
(c) Amanda tells Elyot he should call Sibyl.
(d) Amanda reveals that she was not celibate after the divorce.
2. After the triple use of the code, what do Amanda and Elyot do together?
(a) Call the neighbors.
(b) Write a letter to their spouses.
(d) Sing old songs.
3. When he starts getting angry, what does Amanda accuse Elyot of being?
4. What reason is given for the first time Elyot struck Amanda during their marriage?
(a) Amanda tries to leave Elyot.
(b) Amanda's curling irons burned a hole in Elyot's new dressing gown.
(c) Elyot caught Amanda with an admirer.
(d) Amanda struck Elyot first.
5. According to Amanda, what did Victor love to do?
(a) Victor loved to go dancing.
(b) Victor loved the opera.
(c) Victor loved to look after Amanda.
(d) Victor loved to verbally spar with Amanda.
6. According to Amanda, what are Hungarians like?
7. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
(a) Elyot has ruined Amanda's record.
(b) Amanda tries to throw Elyot out of her apartment.
(c) Amanda slaps Elyot.
(d) Elyot admits to having an affair while they were married.
8. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
(a) They must apologize to their spouses.
(b) They must leave the flat before Victor and Sibyl find them.
(c) They must live in the moment and enjoy life.
(d) They must return to London.
9. What time is it at the top of Act II?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
10. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
(a) Elyot suggests she call Victor and apologize.
(b) Elyot reminds her that, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, they were never divorced.
(c) Elyot tells her to not take life too seriously.
(d) Elyot suggests she has another drink.
11. What kind of women did Amanda imagine Elyot would go after?
(b) She did not believe Elyot would be unfaithful.
(c) Married women.
(d) Young debutantes.
12. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
(b) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
(c) The front door is broken off the hinges.
(d) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
13. According to Elyot, what would his and Amanda's lives have been like had they not seen each other again?
(a) Calm and easy.
(c) Completely fulfilling.
14. What causes the use of the triple code?
(a) Amanda does not want to make love to Elyot at that moment.
(b) Elyot does not want to make love to Amanda at that moment.
(c) Elyot turns off the record player.
(d) Amanda slams the piano shut on Elyot's fingers.
15. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A dinner jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rattles Amanda and Elyot's new-found cheer?
2. When Elyot was on his world travels, what kept him from being too excited about what he saw?
3. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
4. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
5. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)