|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act II, Victor and Sibyl walk into Amanda's apartment to find what?
(a) Amanda and Elyot are drinking brandy to calm themselves after the fight.
(b) Amanda and Elyot are on the couch together.
(c) Amanda and Elyot are physically fighting.
(d) Elyot is unconscious from being hit with the record player.
2. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Call their spouses.
(b) Smoke a cigarette.
(c) Keep fighting.
(d) Leave the apartment.
3. What is Elyot wearing in Act II?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A dinner jacket.
(d) A bathing suit.
4. What is Amanda wearing in Act II?
(a) A simple evening gown.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) A negligee.
5. Who is Louise?
(a) Louise is Elyot's maid.
(b) Louise is the woman with whom Elyot had an affair.
(c) Louise is Amanda's sister.
(d) Louise is Amanda's maid.
6. What is Elyot's reaction to Amanda's first violent action?
(a) Elyot tries to call out their code.
(b) Elyot slaps her in the face.
(c) Elyot breaks a record over her head.
(d) Elyot pushes her across the room.
7. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A ring.
(b) A brooch.
(c) A watch.
(d) A necklace.
8. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
(a) They will be forced out of their social standing.
(b) Elyot will have to pay Sibyl a lot of money.
(c) They will do nothing but argue.
(d) Victor and Sibyl will find them.
9. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
(a) Elyot keeps trying to take the gramophone from Amanda.
(b) They do not do anything to the gramophone.
(c) Elyot and Amanda are shoving the player back and forth.
(d) Elyot keeps switching it off and Amanda keeps turning it back on.
10. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
(a) Louise has a cold.
(b) Amanda and Elyot want more privacy.
(c) Louise is drinking the brandy.
(d) Louise is needed by her family.
11. Who says, "Flippancy brings out the acid in their damned sweetness and light."
12. After their tiff over affairs, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
(a) Sing together.
(b) Make love.
(c) Dance and make nonsense small talk.
(d) Dance silently.
13. During their final fight, what does Amanda say she'd rather do than marry Elyot?
(a) Be alone the rest of her life.
(b) Die in torment.
(c) Stay with Victor.
(d) Run away to another country.
14. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
(b) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
(c) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(d) Most specialists are socially awkward.
15. According to Elyot, what will fade, along with his and Amanda's passion?
(a) Their apathy towards society.
(b) Their love for each other.
(c) Their desire to always be flippant.
(d) Their urge to bicker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elyot tell Amanda to turn the gramophone off?
2. What does Amanda and Elyot short their code to stop arguing to?
3. What does Elyot do to help recover from the triple use of their code?
4. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
5. What does Amanda fear about Sibyl?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)