|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Amanda and Elyot been doing for the last few days in Paris?
(a) They have taken in the museums and shows.
(b) They have stayed in the apartment together.
(c) They have gone out to dinner every night.
(d) They have walked around the city.
2. At the end of Act II, what happens during the fight over the gramophone?
(a) Amanda throws the player at Elyot.
(b) Amanda breaks a record over Elyot's head.
(c) Elyot pushes the player off the table.
(d) Victor walks in and punches Elyot.
3. What happens in the final fight that forces Elyot to try to call "Sollocks?"
(a) Amanda tries to throw Elyot out of her apartment.
(b) Elyot has ruined Amanda's record.
(c) Amanda slaps Elyot.
(d) Elyot admits to having an affair while they were married.
4. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
(a) Amanda tells Elyot he should call Sibyl.
(b) Amanda talks about Victor's good qualities.
(c) Amanda reveals that she was not celibate after the divorce.
(d) Amanda thinks Elyot has had too much to drink.
5. During their final fight, what does Amanda say she'd rather do than marry Elyot?
(a) Be alone the rest of her life.
(b) Stay with Victor.
(c) Die in torment.
(d) Run away to another country.
6. How did Amanda feel when she first met Victor?
(a) Angry and depressed.
(b) Young and vibrant.
(d) Old and unwanted.
7. What happens to Amanda's apartment during the final fight?
(a) The piano is shoved across the room and into a wall.
(b) The front door is broken off the hinges.
(c) Furniture is tipped over and objects are thrown all over.
(d) Brandy is splashed all over the carpet.
8. What do Amanda and Elyot keep doing to the gramophone?
(a) Elyot keeps switching it off and Amanda keeps turning it back on.
(b) Elyot and Amanda are shoving the player back and forth.
(c) They do not do anything to the gramophone.
(d) Elyot keeps trying to take the gramophone from Amanda.
9. How much time has passed between Act I and Act II?
(a) One hour.
(b) A full week.
(c) A few days.
(d) One day.
10. What does Elyot sarcastically say he is surprised Amanda never did?
(a) Amanda never cheated on Victor.
(b) Amanda never told Victor she loved him.
(c) Amanda never slept with Victor.
(d) Amanda never cheated on Elyot when they were married.
11. Why does Elyot tell Amanda to turn the gramophone off?
(a) He says he does not want to annoy the neighbors.
(b) He would rather play piano than listen to a record.
(c) He hates the song that is playing.
(d) He is trying to talk to her.
12. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
(a) Louise is drinking the brandy.
(b) Louise is needed by her family.
(c) Amanda and Elyot want more privacy.
(d) Louise has a cold.
13. How does Amanda refer to hormones?
(a) "Our chemical urges."
(b) "Our, what d'you call it, attraction."
(c) "Chemical, what d'you call 'ems."
(d) "Our chemistry."
14. What annoys Amanda the most about Elyot's reaction to her post-marriage affairs?
(a) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not care.
(b) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot believes it is proper for men to be promiscuous, but not women.
(c) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot is not listening.
(d) Amanda is annoyed that Elyot does not believe her.
15. When Elyot was on his world travels, what kept him from being too excited about what he saw?
(a) Amanda's absence.
(b) The presence of Sibyl.
(d) The presence of Sibyl's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is Charles?
2. What time is it at the top of Act II?
3. What do Amanda and Elyot not believe in?
4. After the phone call, Amanda is worrying about her future with Elyot and what should happen when their spouses find them. What does Elyot urge her to do to calm her fears?
5. In Act II, what does Elyot tell Amanda they must do?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)