|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Amanda and Elyot choose to flee to Amanda's flat?
(a) It is back home.
(b) It is in the country.
(c) Victor does not know where it is.
(d) It is where Amanda and Elyot used to live together.
2. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
(a) Not a gentleman.
(b) A weak man.
(c) A "pompous ass."
(d) A windbag.
3. What does Elyot say that Amanda initially resists?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that he loves her.
(b) Elyot swears that she will never see him again.
(c) Elyot says that he will leave the hotel.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he is in love with Sibyl.
4. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The casino.
(b) The terrace.
(c) The yacht.
(d) The hotel.
5. What does Elyot tell Amanda that comforts her?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that Sibyl is a good woman.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that Victor will take care of her.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that she holds no mystery for him.
(d) Elyote tells Amanda that she is doing the right thing.
6. What does Amanda say they must do before they leave for Paris?
(a) They must find their spouses and explain what happened.
(b) They must make a pact to never quarrel again.
(c) They must leave a note for their spouses.
(d) They must go home first.
7. What memory do Amanda and Elyot reminisce over after their spouses have left in Act 1?
(a) Traveling the world.
(b) Walking around London.
(d) Ice skating.
8. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
9. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
(d) Overly dependent.
10. What does Elyot believe is the cruelest thing he and Amanda could do?
(a) Stay with their spouses and pretend to love them.
(b) Never see each other again.
(c) Stay in the hotel together.
(d) Abandon their spouses.
11. Where do Elyot and Sibyl plan to eat dinner?
(a) The yacht.
(b) The terrace.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The casino.
12. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
(c) St. Mortiz.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
13. According to Amanda, what rules her life?
14. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
(d) Play piano.
15. What does Amanda forbid Victor from doing?
(c) Mentioning Elyot's name.
(d) Going to look for Elyot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda do when she realizes Elyot is in the hotel?
2. What reason does Amanda give when she tries to convince Victor that they need to leave the hotel?
3. When fighting with Sibyl, what does Elyot say infuriates him more than anything?
4. What does Amanda tell Victor she did to Elyot while they were married?
5. What is the view from the terrace?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)