|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it, specifically, at the top of Act I?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
2. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
(a) It brought out the worst in them.
(b) It did nothing.
(c) It brought out the best in them.
(d) It transcended their problems in the relationship.
3. What is heard off-stage when the play starts?
(a) The ocean waves.
(b) A small orchestra.
(c) Elyot and Sibyl arguing.
(d) Birds chirping.
4. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
5. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(c) St. Mortiz.
6. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The casino.
(b) The terrace.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The yacht.
7. In what building does Act I take place?
(a) Amanda's flat.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A casino.
(d) A restaurant.
8. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
(a) Amanda says she saw Elyot running down the street.
(b) Amanda says that Elyot is working at the hotel.
(c) Amanda says that Elyot is staying on the yacht.
(d) Amanda says that Elyot is staying next door to them.
9. To where do Elyot and Amanda plan to run away?
(c) The Taj Mahal.
10. What does Elyot believe is the cruelest thing he and Amanda could do?
(a) Abandon their spouses.
(b) Stay with their spouses and pretend to love them.
(c) Stay in the hotel together.
(d) Never see each other again.
11. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
(a) The beach.
(c) A sunburn.
(d) Tiring herself out.
12. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
13. What does the orchestra keep doing in Act 1?
(a) The orchestra keeps playing Amanda and Elyot's song.
(b) The orchestra stops playing in the middle of every song.
(c) The orchestra keeps playing unnerving music.
(d) The orchestra keeps making mistakes.
14. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
(b) Overly dependent.
15. To whom does this statement refer? "I can't bear to think I'm married to such rugged grandeur."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elyot is trying to convince Sibyl of premonition of disaster, what does he say will possibly happen?
2. What is the view from the terrace?
3. Who says, "I think very few people are completely normal really, deep down in their private lives?"
4. What does Elyot do to Amanda to calm her when she starts to panic about leaving?
5. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)