|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other option presented for Amanda and Elyot if they choose to not run away?
(a) They will divorce their spouses and reconnect a year later.
(b) They will never see each other again.
(c) They will divorce their spouses.
(d) They will have a discreet affair.
2. What is Sibyl's nickname for Elyot?
(b) She dooes not have a nickname for him.
3. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The terrace.
(b) The casino.
(c) The yacht.
(d) The hotel.
4. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
(c) Overly dependent.
5. What does Elyot believe is the cruelest thing he and Amanda could do?
(a) Stay with their spouses and pretend to love them.
(b) Stay in the hotel together.
(c) Never see each other again.
(d) Abandon their spouses.
6. What time of day does the first act take place?
7. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
(a) Amanda says she saw Elyot running down the street.
(b) Amanda says that Elyot is working at the hotel.
(c) Amanda says that Elyot is staying next door to them.
(d) Amanda says that Elyot is staying on the yacht.
8. In which country is Act I set?
9. To whom does this statement refer? "I can't bear to think I'm married to such rugged grandeur."
10. What does Elyot tell Amanda before he tries to leave the terrace?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda he never loved her before.
(b) He tells her that they both know they are not in love with their new spouses.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he hates her for ruining his honeymoon.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda he loves her.
11. How do Amanda and Elyot realize that they are sharing a terrace in the hotel?
(a) Amanda asks Elyot for a cigarette.
(b) Amanda hears Elyot singing one of their favorite songs.
(c) Elyot sees Amanda with her new husband.
(d) Amanda hears Elyot shouting at Sibyl.
12. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) They were never married.
13. What genre of play is "Private Lives?"
(a) Theatre of the absurd.
(b) Theatre of cruelty.
(c) Comedy of manners.
(d) Comedy of errors.
14. Which character says, "Love is no use unless it's wise, and kind, and undramatic?"
15. What does Amanda tell Victor she did to Elyot while they were married?
(a) Amanda broke four records over Elyot's head.
(b) Amanda threw furniture at Elyot.
(c) Amanda cheated on Elyot.
(d) Amanda threw Elyot out of their house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Elyot and Sibyl plan to eat dinner?
2. What is heard off-stage when the play starts?
3. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
4. What reason does Amanda give when she tries to convince Victor that they need to leave the hotel?
5. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)