|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The yacht.
(b) The casino.
(c) The terrace.
(d) The hotel.
2. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
3. What appears to be one of Elyot's pastimes?
4. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
5. To what does Amanda say, "What an odd thing to be glad about?"
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad to see her.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad they are both remarried.
(c) Victor states that he is glad he is normal.
(d) Victor tells Amanda that he is glad to be married to her.
6. What does the orchestra keep doing in Act 1?
(a) The orchestra keeps making mistakes.
(b) The orchestra stops playing in the middle of every song.
(c) The orchestra keeps playing unnerving music.
(d) The orchestra keeps playing Amanda and Elyot's song.
7. What does Elyot tell Amanda that comforts her?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that she holds no mystery for him.
(b) Elyote tells Amanda that she is doing the right thing.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that Victor will take care of her.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that Sibyl is a good woman.
8. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) They were never married.
9. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
(a) A "pompous ass."
(b) A weak man.
(c) Not a gentleman.
(d) A windbag.
10. What does Elyot and Amanda conclude about their past relationship?
(a) Their relationship was not nearly as passionate as they remember.
(b) They had nothing but terrible times in their lives together.
(c) They had many wonderful times together.
(d) Their relationship was perfect.
11. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
(a) The beach.
(b) A sunburn.
(d) Tiring herself out.
12. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
(c) Play piano.
13. What time is it, specifically, at the top of Act I?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
14. In what building does Act I take place?
(a) A casino.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Amanda's flat.
15. When Elyot is trying to convince Sibyl of premonition of disaster, what does he say will possibly happen?
(a) A flood.
(b) A fire at the hotel.
(c) A violent explosion.
(d) A boat accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sibyl dislike?
2. How long have Amanda and Elyot been divorced at the start of the play?
3. What time of day does the first act take place?
4. When fighting with Sibyl, what does Elyot say infuriates him more than anything?
5. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)