|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what building does Act I take place?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A casino.
(c) Amanda's flat.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
(a) He does not have a nickname for her.
3. According to Elyot, how does he feel about Amanda?
(a) He is still angry at her.
(b) He despises and pities her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is indifferent toward her.
4. What does Elyot and Amanda conclude about their past relationship?
(a) They had many wonderful times together.
(b) Their relationship was not nearly as passionate as they remember.
(c) They had nothing but terrible times in their lives together.
(d) Their relationship was perfect.
5. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
(a) Tiring herself out.
(b) The beach.
(d) A sunburn.
6. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
(a) It transcended their problems in the relationship.
(b) It brought out the best in them.
(c) It did nothing.
(d) It brought out the worst in them.
7. In Act I, Sibyl asks Elyot about Amanda. According to Elyot, what does Amanda do beautifully that Sibyl can not do?
(d) Play piano.
8. What is the code-phrase that Amanda and Elyot decide to use to stop all arguments?
(a) Solomon's privacy.
(b) Sullivan Isaacs.
(c) Private lives.
(d) Solomon Isaacs.
9. What does Amanda forbid Victor from doing?
(b) Mentioning Elyot's name.
(c) Going to look for Elyot.
10. To what does Amanda say, "What an odd thing to be glad about?"
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad they are both remarried.
(b) Victor states that he is glad he is normal.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad to see her.
(d) Victor tells Amanda that he is glad to be married to her.
11. What is Sibyl's nickname for Elyot?
(a) She dooes not have a nickname for him.
12. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
(d) Play piano.
13. What does Amanda do when she realizes Elyot is in the hotel?
(a) She clutches her throat in shock.
(b) She asks him for a cigarette.
(c) She runs inside.
(d) She walks over to his side of the terrace.
14. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
15. What does Elyot say that Amanda initially resists?
(a) Elyot says that he will leave the hotel.
(b) Elyot swears that she will never see him again.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he loves her.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he is in love with Sibyl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda tell Victor in the first act that frightens him?
2. What does Elyot tell Amanda before he tries to leave the terrace?
3. What does Elyot believe is the cruelest thing he and Amanda could do?
4. Which character says "I like a man to be a man?"
5. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)