|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Amanda say, "What an odd thing to be glad about?"
(a) Victor states that he is glad he is normal.
(b) Victor tells Amanda that he is glad to be married to her.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad to see her.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad they are both remarried.
2. What does Elyot and Amanda conclude about their past relationship?
(a) They had many wonderful times together.
(b) Their relationship was not nearly as passionate as they remember.
(c) They had nothing but terrible times in their lives together.
(d) Their relationship was perfect.
3. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
(c) He does not have a nickname for her.
4. What does the orchestra keep doing in Act 1?
(a) The orchestra keeps playing unnerving music.
(b) The orchestra stops playing in the middle of every song.
(c) The orchestra keeps playing Amanda and Elyot's song.
(d) The orchestra keeps making mistakes.
5. What appears to be one of Elyot's pastimes?
6. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
(a) Amanda says that Elyot is working at the hotel.
(b) Amanda says that Elyot is staying on the yacht.
(c) Amanda says she saw Elyot running down the street.
(d) Amanda says that Elyot is staying next door to them.
7. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
(b) They are eating dinner together.
(c) They are arguing with each other.
(d) They are arguing with their spouses.
8. According to Amanda, what rules her life?
9. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
10. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
(a) It did nothing.
(b) It transcended their problems in the relationship.
(c) It brought out the best in them.
(d) It brought out the worst in them.
11. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The terrace.
(b) The casino.
(c) The yacht.
(d) The hotel.
12. According to Elyot, how does he feel about Amanda?
(a) He despises and pities her.
(b) He is still angry at her.
(c) He is indifferent toward her.
(d) He loves her.
13. When fighting with Sibyl, what does Elyot say infuriates him more than anything?
(b) Being weak-willed.
14. What is the view from the terrace?
(a) A wedding.
(b) Ocean waves crashing.
(c) The water reflecting the lights of a nearby yacht.
(d) A casino.
15. What does Amanda tell Victor she did to Elyot while they were married?
(a) Amanda threw furniture at Elyot.
(b) Amanda broke four records over Elyot's head.
(c) Amanda cheated on Elyot.
(d) Amanda threw Elyot out of their house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
2. What does Sibyl dislike?
3. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
4. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
5. What memory do Amanda and Elyot reminisce over after their spouses have left in Act 1?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)