|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
(d) He does not have a nickname for her.
2. What does Elyot tell Amanda that comforts her?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that she holds no mystery for him.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that Sibyl is a good woman.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that Victor will take care of her.
(d) Elyote tells Amanda that she is doing the right thing.
3. To what does Amanda say, "What an odd thing to be glad about?"
(a) Victor states that he is glad he is normal.
(b) Victor tells Amanda that he is glad to be married to her.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad they are both remarried.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad to see her.
4. Which character says, "Love is no use unless it's wise, and kind, and undramatic?"
5. What does Elyot tell Amanda before he tries to leave the terrace?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda he loves her.
(b) He tells her that they both know they are not in love with their new spouses.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda he never loved her before.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he hates her for ruining his honeymoon.
6. In Act I, Sibyl asks Elyot about Amanda. According to Elyot, what does Amanda do beautifully that Sibyl can not do?
(d) Play piano.
7. What does Elyot accuse Sibyl of being?
(d) Overly dependent.
8. What separates the two terraces in the first scene?
(b) A wrought-iron fence.
(c) A line of trees.
(d) A brick wall.
9. What does the orchestra keep doing in Act 1?
(a) The orchestra keeps playing Amanda and Elyot's song.
(b) The orchestra keeps making mistakes.
(c) The orchestra stops playing in the middle of every song.
(d) The orchestra keeps playing unnerving music.
10. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
(a) Amanda says that Elyot is working at the hotel.
(b) Amanda says she saw Elyot running down the street.
(c) Amanda says that Elyot is staying on the yacht.
(d) Amanda says that Elyot is staying next door to them.
11. What appears to be one of Elyot's pastimes?
12. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
(a) Elyot watches Amanda dance with her husband.
(b) The arguments with Victor and Sibyl.
(c) Reminiscing about their marriage.
(d) Hearing their song.
13. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
(a) St. Mortiz.
(b) The French Riviera.
14. In which country is Act I set?
15. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
2. What memory do Amanda and Elyot reminisce over after their spouses have left in Act 1?
3. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
4. How long have Amanda and Elyot been divorced at the start of the play?
5. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)