|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) They were never married.
(d) Five years.
2. Why do Amanda and Elyot choose to flee to Amanda's flat?
(a) It is back home.
(b) Victor does not know where it is.
(c) It is in the country.
(d) It is where Amanda and Elyot used to live together.
3. What does Elyot tell Amanda before he tries to leave the terrace?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda he never loved her before.
(b) He tells her that they both know they are not in love with their new spouses.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he hates her for ruining his honeymoon.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda he loves her.
4. To where do Elyot and Amanda plan to run away?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
5. What does Elyot say that Amanda initially resists?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that he loves her.
(b) Elyot says that he will leave the hotel.
(c) Elyot swears that she will never see him again.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he is in love with Sibyl.
6. What does Amanda do when she realizes Elyot is in the hotel?
(a) She asks him for a cigarette.
(b) She clutches her throat in shock.
(c) She walks over to his side of the terrace.
(d) She runs inside.
7. What does Sibyl dislike?
(a) Masculine women.
(b) Overly masculine men.
(c) Overly witty people.
(d) Nosy people.
8. To what does Amanda say, "What an odd thing to be glad about?"
(a) Victor states that he is glad he is normal.
(b) Victor tells Amanda that he is glad to be married to her.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad they are both remarried.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad to see her.
9. What does Amanda forbid Victor from doing?
(a) Mentioning Elyot's name.
(d) Going to look for Elyot.
10. When Sibyl and Victor leave, what do Amanda and Elyot do with the cocktails?
(a) They dump the drinks out.
(b) They drink both sets of cocktails.
(c) Amanda throws her drink on Elyot.
(d) They share the ones on Elyot's side and toast the new spouses.
11. Where do Elyot and Sibyl plan to eat dinner?
(a) The casino.
(b) The yacht.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The terrace.
12. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
13. What memory do Amanda and Elyot reminisce over after their spouses have left in Act 1?
(b) Walking around London.
(c) Ice skating.
(d) Traveling the world.
14. According to Amanda, what rules her life?
15. What does Amanda tell Victor in the first act that frightens him?
(a) Amanda plans to run away with Elyot.
(b) Amanda wants to get a sunburn on the beach.
(c) Amanda wishes to gamble all night.
(d) Amanda claims to be unreliable and complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
2. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
3. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
4. What does Elyot do to Amanda to calm her when she starts to panic about leaving?
5. What separates the two terraces in the first scene?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)