|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
(a) They were never married.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
2. What does Elyot believe is the cruelest thing he and Amanda could do?
(a) Stay in the hotel together.
(b) Abandon their spouses.
(c) Stay with their spouses and pretend to love them.
(d) Never see each other again.
3. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
(a) St. Mortiz.
(b) The Taj Mahal.
4. What does Elyot and Amanda conclude about their past relationship?
(a) They had nothing but terrible times in their lives together.
(b) Their relationship was not nearly as passionate as they remember.
(c) They had many wonderful times together.
(d) Their relationship was perfect.
5. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
6. What does Elyot tell Amanda that comforts her?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that Sibyl is a good woman.
(b) Elyote tells Amanda that she is doing the right thing.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that she holds no mystery for him.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that Victor will take care of her.
7. What does Amanda tell Victor in the first act that frightens him?
(a) Amanda wants to get a sunburn on the beach.
(b) Amanda claims to be unreliable and complex.
(c) Amanda wishes to gamble all night.
(d) Amanda plans to run away with Elyot.
8. Where do Elyot and Sibyl plan to eat dinner?
(a) The casino.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The terrace.
(d) The yacht.
9. What time is it, specifically, at the top of Act I?
(a) 5:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
10. What is Sibyl's nickname for Elyot?
(d) She dooes not have a nickname for him.
11. What does Sibyl dislike?
(a) Masculine women.
(b) Overly masculine men.
(c) Nosy people.
(d) Overly witty people.
12. Why do Amanda and Elyot choose to flee to Amanda's flat?
(a) It is where Amanda and Elyot used to live together.
(b) It is in the country.
(c) Victor does not know where it is.
(d) It is back home.
13. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are arguing with each other.
(b) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
(c) They are eating dinner together.
(d) They are arguing with their spouses.
14. What does Amanda do when she realizes Elyot is in the hotel?
(a) She walks over to his side of the terrace.
(b) She asks him for a cigarette.
(c) She runs inside.
(d) She clutches her throat in shock.
15. To where do Elyot and Amanda plan to run away?
(b) The Taj Mahal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
2. What genre of play is "Private Lives?"
3. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
4. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
5. What is the view from the terrace?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)