|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory do Amanda and Elyot reminisce over after their spouses have left in Act 1?
(b) Traveling the world.
(c) Walking around London.
(d) Ice skating.
2. What does Amanda do when she realizes Elyot is in the hotel?
(a) She asks him for a cigarette.
(b) She walks over to his side of the terrace.
(c) She runs inside.
(d) She clutches her throat in shock.
3. Who says, "I think very few people are completely normal really, deep down in their private lives?"
4. What separates the two terraces in the first scene?
(a) A line of trees.
(b) A wrought-iron fence.
(d) A brick wall.
5. To whom does this statement refer? "I can't bear to think I'm married to such rugged grandeur."
6. How do Amanda and Elyot realize that they are sharing a terrace in the hotel?
(a) Amanda asks Elyot for a cigarette.
(b) Amanda hears Elyot shouting at Sibyl.
(c) Elyot sees Amanda with her new husband.
(d) Amanda hears Elyot singing one of their favorite songs.
7. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are arguing with each other.
(b) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
(c) They are arguing with their spouses.
(d) They are eating dinner together.
8. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
9. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The terrace.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The casino.
(d) The yacht.
10. What does Amanda forbid Victor from doing?
(b) Mentioning Elyot's name.
(c) Going to look for Elyot.
11. According to Elyot, how does he feel about Amanda?
(a) He is indifferent toward her.
(b) He is still angry at her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He despises and pities her.
12. What reason does Amanda give when she tries to convince Victor that they need to leave the hotel?
(a) Her sister died in a horrible accident nearby.
(b) The hotel is not comfortable enough.
(c) She has had a premonition of a natural disaster.
(d) Her sister is waiting for them in Paris.
13. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
(a) Amanda is staying next door to them.
(b) Elyot hopes she chokes on her dinner.
(c) Elyot regrets marrying her.
(d) Elyot loves her.
14. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
(a) It transcended their problems in the relationship.
(b) It brought out the best in them.
(c) It brought out the worst in them.
(d) It did nothing.
15. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
2. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
3. What does the orchestra keep doing in Act 1?
4. In Act I, Sibyl asks Elyot about Amanda. According to Elyot, what does Amanda do beautifully that Sibyl can not do?
5. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)