|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
(a) A "pompous ass."
(b) A weak man.
(c) A windbag.
(d) Not a gentleman.
2. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
(a) They were never married.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
3. What is the code-phrase that Amanda and Elyot decide to use to stop all arguments?
(a) Solomon's privacy.
(b) Sullivan Isaacs.
(c) Private lives.
(d) Solomon Isaacs.
4. What separates the two terraces in the first scene?
(a) A line of trees.
(b) A wrought-iron fence.
(d) A brick wall.
5. What time of day does the first act take place?
6. What is the other option presented for Amanda and Elyot if they choose to not run away?
(a) They will have a discreet affair.
(b) They will divorce their spouses.
(c) They will divorce their spouses and reconnect a year later.
(d) They will never see each other again.
7. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
(a) The arguments with Victor and Sibyl.
(b) Reminiscing about their marriage.
(c) Elyot watches Amanda dance with her husband.
(d) Hearing their song.
8. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
(b) St. Mortiz.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
9. What time is it, specifically, at the top of Act I?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
10. In which country is Act I set?
11. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are arguing with each other.
(b) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
(c) They are arguing with their spouses.
(d) They are eating dinner together.
12. To whom does this statement refer? "I can't bear to think I'm married to such rugged grandeur."
13. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
14. Which character says, "Love is no use unless it's wise, and kind, and undramatic?"
15. Where do Elyot and Sibyl plan to eat dinner?
(a) The yacht.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The casino.
(d) The terrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
2. What does Elyot and Amanda conclude about their past relationship?
3. What does Elyot believe is the cruelest thing he and Amanda could do?
4. What is Sibyl's nickname for Elyot?
5. What appears to be one of Elyot's pastimes?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)