|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
(a) Overly dependent.
2. What separates the two terraces in the first scene?
(a) A wrought-iron fence.
(b) A line of trees.
(d) A brick wall.
3. What does Elyot tell Amanda that comforts her?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that Sibyl is a good woman.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that Victor will take care of her.
(c) Elyote tells Amanda that she is doing the right thing.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that she holds no mystery for him.
4. In Act I, Sibyl asks Elyot about Amanda. According to Elyot, what does Amanda do beautifully that Sibyl can not do?
(b) Play piano.
5. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
(a) It did nothing.
(b) It brought out the worst in them.
(c) It brought out the best in them.
(d) It transcended their problems in the relationship.
6. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
(a) Reminiscing about their marriage.
(b) Hearing their song.
(c) The arguments with Victor and Sibyl.
(d) Elyot watches Amanda dance with her husband.
7. What does Elyot accuse Sibyl of being?
(a) Overly dependent.
8. What does Amanda forbid Victor from doing?
(c) Going to look for Elyot.
(d) Mentioning Elyot's name.
9. According to Elyot, how does he feel about Amanda?
(a) He despises and pities her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is indifferent toward her.
(d) He is still angry at her.
10. What does Sibyl dislike?
(a) Overly masculine men.
(b) Overly witty people.
(c) Nosy people.
(d) Masculine women.
11. What does Amanda say they must do before they leave for Paris?
(a) They must find their spouses and explain what happened.
(b) They must leave a note for their spouses.
(c) They must go home first.
(d) They must make a pact to never quarrel again.
12. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
(a) Elyot hopes she chokes on her dinner.
(b) Elyot loves her.
(c) Elyot regrets marrying her.
(d) Amanda is staying next door to them.
13. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
14. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(d) St. Mortiz.
15. In what building does Act I take place?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A casino.
(d) Amanda's flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot say that Amanda initially resists?
2. What time is it, specifically, at the top of Act I?
3. When fighting with Sibyl, what does Elyot say infuriates him more than anything?
4. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
5. According to Amanda, what rules her life?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)