|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
(a) Amanda is staying next door to them.
(b) Elyot loves her.
(c) Elyot regrets marrying her.
(d) Elyot hopes she chokes on her dinner.
2. What does Elyot accuse Sibyl of being?
(c) Overly dependent.
3. What does Amanda do when she realizes Elyot is in the hotel?
(a) She asks him for a cigarette.
(b) She walks over to his side of the terrace.
(c) She runs inside.
(d) She clutches her throat in shock.
4. To whom does this statement refer? "I can't bear to think I'm married to such rugged grandeur."
5. What does Sibyl dislike?
(a) Overly witty people.
(b) Overly masculine men.
(c) Masculine women.
(d) Nosy people.
6. What separates the two terraces in the first scene?
(a) A line of trees.
(b) A wrought-iron fence.
(c) A brick wall.
7. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The terrace.
(b) The casino.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The yacht.
8. Which character says "I like a man to be a man?"
9. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
(b) Tiring herself out.
(c) A sunburn.
(d) The beach.
10. To what does Amanda say, "What an odd thing to be glad about?"
(a) Victor states that he is glad he is normal.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad they are both remarried.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad to see her.
(d) Victor tells Amanda that he is glad to be married to her.
11. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
12. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
(a) They were never married.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
13. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
(a) Elyot watches Amanda dance with her husband.
(b) Hearing their song.
(c) The arguments with Victor and Sibyl.
(d) Reminiscing about their marriage.
14. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
(d) He does not have a nickname for her.
15. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sibyl's nickname for Elyot?
2. What is the other option presented for Amanda and Elyot if they choose to not run away?
3. What does the orchestra keep doing in Act 1?
4. When fighting with Sibyl, what does Elyot say infuriates him more than anything?
5. What does Elyot believe is the cruelest thing he and Amanda could do?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)