|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
(b) A sunburn.
(c) Tiring herself out.
(d) The beach.
2. What does Elyot say that Amanda initially resists?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that he loves her.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that he is in love with Sibyl.
(c) Elyot swears that she will never see him again.
(d) Elyot says that he will leave the hotel.
3. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
(b) St. Mortiz.
(c) The French Riviera.
4. To whom does this statement refer? "I can't bear to think I'm married to such rugged grandeur."
5. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are eating dinner together.
(b) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
(c) They are arguing with their spouses.
(d) They are arguing with each other.
6. What does Elyot believe is the cruelest thing he and Amanda could do?
(a) Stay with their spouses and pretend to love them.
(b) Never see each other again.
(c) Abandon their spouses.
(d) Stay in the hotel together.
7. What does Elyot tell Amanda before he tries to leave the terrace?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda he loves her.
(b) He tells her that they both know they are not in love with their new spouses.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda he never loved her before.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he hates her for ruining his honeymoon.
8. What does Sibyl dislike?
(a) Overly witty people.
(b) Nosy people.
(c) Overly masculine men.
(d) Masculine women.
9. What does Amanda forbid Victor from doing?
(c) Going to look for Elyot.
(d) Mentioning Elyot's name.
10. What separates the two terraces in the first scene?
(a) A wrought-iron fence.
(c) A line of trees.
(d) A brick wall.
11. Which character says, "Love is no use unless it's wise, and kind, and undramatic?"
12. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) They were never married.
13. What is the code-phrase that Amanda and Elyot decide to use to stop all arguments?
(a) Solomon Isaacs.
(b) Solomon's privacy.
(c) Private lives.
(d) Sullivan Isaacs.
14. According to Elyot, how does he feel about Amanda?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He despises and pities her.
(c) He is still angry at her.
(d) He is indifferent toward her.
15. When fighting with Sibyl, what does Elyot say infuriates him more than anything?
(d) Being weak-willed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
2. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
3. What does Elyot accuse Sibyl of being?
4. How do Amanda and Elyot realize that they are sharing a terrace in the hotel?
5. When Sibyl and Victor leave, what do Amanda and Elyot do with the cocktails?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)