|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda say they must do before they leave for Paris?
(a) They must find their spouses and explain what happened.
(b) They must leave a note for their spouses.
(c) They must go home first.
(d) They must make a pact to never quarrel again.
2. What separates the two terraces in the first scene?
(a) A line of trees.
(b) A wrought-iron fence.
(c) A brick wall.
3. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
(a) Elyot watches Amanda dance with her husband.
(b) Hearing their song.
(c) Reminiscing about their marriage.
(d) The arguments with Victor and Sibyl.
4. In what building does Act I take place?
(a) Amanda's flat.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A casino.
5. To what does Amanda say, "What an odd thing to be glad about?"
(a) Victor tells Amanda that he is glad to be married to her.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad they are both remarried.
(c) Victor states that he is glad he is normal.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad to see her.
6. Which character says "I like a man to be a man?"
7. What is Sibyl's nickname for Elyot?
(a) She dooes not have a nickname for him.
8. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) They were never married.
(d) Five years.
9. What is the code-phrase that Amanda and Elyot decide to use to stop all arguments?
(a) Sullivan Isaacs.
(b) Private lives.
(c) Solomon's privacy.
(d) Solomon Isaacs.
10. In Act I, Sibyl asks Elyot about Amanda. According to Elyot, what does Amanda do beautifully that Sibyl can not do?
(a) Play piano.
11. Why do Amanda and Elyot choose to flee to Amanda's flat?
(a) It is back home.
(b) Victor does not know where it is.
(c) It is in the country.
(d) It is where Amanda and Elyot used to live together.
12. How long have Amanda and Elyot been divorced at the start of the play?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Seven years.
13. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are arguing with each other.
(b) They are arguing with their spouses.
(c) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
(d) They are eating dinner together.
14. When fighting with Sibyl, what does Elyot say infuriates him more than anything?
(a) Being weak-willed.
15. Which character says, "Love is no use unless it's wise, and kind, and undramatic?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Amanda and Elyot realize that they are sharing a terrace in the hotel?
2. What does Elyot accuse Sibyl of being?
3. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
4. What does Elyot tell Amanda that comforts her?
5. What does Elyot say that Amanda initially resists?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)