|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what building does Act I take place?
(a) Amanda's flat.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A casino.
2. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The yacht.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The terrace.
(d) The casino.
3. What does Elyot tell Amanda before he tries to leave the terrace?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda he never loved her before.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda he loves her.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he hates her for ruining his honeymoon.
(d) He tells her that they both know they are not in love with their new spouses.
4. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
(c) St. Mortiz.
(d) The French Riviera.
5. What genre of play is "Private Lives?"
(a) Theatre of the absurd.
(b) Theatre of cruelty.
(c) Comedy of errors.
(d) Comedy of manners.
6. What does Elyot and Amanda conclude about their past relationship?
(a) Their relationship was not nearly as passionate as they remember.
(b) Their relationship was perfect.
(c) They had nothing but terrible times in their lives together.
(d) They had many wonderful times together.
7. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
(b) They are arguing with their spouses.
(c) They are arguing with each other.
(d) They are eating dinner together.
8. To where do Elyot and Amanda plan to run away?
(d) The Taj Mahal.
9. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
(c) Overly dependent.
10. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
11. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
(a) Elyot loves her.
(b) Elyot regrets marrying her.
(c) Amanda is staying next door to them.
(d) Elyot hopes she chokes on her dinner.
12. What does Elyot accuse Sibyl of being?
(c) Overly dependent.
13. Why do Amanda and Elyot choose to flee to Amanda's flat?
(a) It is back home.
(b) Victor does not know where it is.
(c) It is where Amanda and Elyot used to live together.
(d) It is in the country.
14. According to Amanda, what rules her life?
15. What separates the two terraces in the first scene?
(a) A brick wall.
(b) A wrought-iron fence.
(c) A line of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
2. When Elyot is trying to convince Sibyl of premonition of disaster, what does he say will possibly happen?
3. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
4. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
5. When fighting with Sibyl, what does Elyot say infuriates him more than anything?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)