|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elyot is trying to convince Sibyl of premonition of disaster, what does he say will possibly happen?
(a) A boat accident.
(b) A violent explosion.
(c) A fire at the hotel.
(d) A flood.
2. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
(a) A sunburn.
(c) The beach.
(d) Tiring herself out.
3. Which character says "I like a man to be a man?"
4. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
(c) The French Riviera.
(d) St. Mortiz.
5. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
(b) He does not have a nickname for her.
6. To what does Amanda say, "What an odd thing to be glad about?"
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad they are both remarried.
(b) Victor states that he is glad he is normal.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he is glad to see her.
(d) Victor tells Amanda that he is glad to be married to her.
7. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
(a) Amanda says that Elyot is staying next door to them.
(b) Amanda says that Elyot is staying on the yacht.
(c) Amanda says she saw Elyot running down the street.
(d) Amanda says that Elyot is working at the hotel.
8. What does Amanda do when she realizes Elyot is in the hotel?
(a) She asks him for a cigarette.
(b) She clutches her throat in shock.
(c) She walks over to his side of the terrace.
(d) She runs inside.
9. What time is it, specifically, at the top of Act I?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
10. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
(a) It brought out the best in them.
(b) It brought out the worst in them.
(c) It transcended their problems in the relationship.
(d) It did nothing.
11. What is Sibyl's nickname for Elyot?
(c) She dooes not have a nickname for him.
12. What does the orchestra keep doing in Act 1?
(a) The orchestra keeps playing Amanda and Elyot's song.
(b) The orchestra keeps making mistakes.
(c) The orchestra stops playing in the middle of every song.
(d) The orchestra keeps playing unnerving music.
13. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
(a) Hearing their song.
(b) Reminiscing about their marriage.
(c) Elyot watches Amanda dance with her husband.
(d) The arguments with Victor and Sibyl.
14. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are arguing with each other.
(b) They are eating dinner together.
(c) They are arguing with their spouses.
(d) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
15. What does Amanda tell Victor in the first act that frightens him?
(a) Amanda wishes to gamble all night.
(b) Amanda wants to get a sunburn on the beach.
(c) Amanda claims to be unreliable and complex.
(d) Amanda plans to run away with Elyot.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does this statement refer? "I can't bear to think I'm married to such rugged grandeur."
2. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
3. Who says, "I think very few people are completely normal really, deep down in their private lives?"
4. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
5. What does Amanda tell Victor she did to Elyot while they were married?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)