|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Elyot, how does he feel about Amanda?
(a) He is indifferent toward her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He despises and pities her.
(d) He is still angry at her.
2. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
3. What does Elyot tell Amanda before he tries to leave the terrace?
(a) He tells her that they both know they are not in love with their new spouses.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda he loves her.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that he hates her for ruining his honeymoon.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda he never loved her before.
4. What is the view from the terrace?
(a) A wedding.
(b) The water reflecting the lights of a nearby yacht.
(c) Ocean waves crashing.
(d) A casino.
5. Which character says, "Love is no use unless it's wise, and kind, and undramatic?"
6. What is Sibyl's nickname for Elyot?
(b) She dooes not have a nickname for him.
7. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
(a) Elyot loves her.
(b) Elyot regrets marrying her.
(c) Amanda is staying next door to them.
(d) Elyot hopes she chokes on her dinner.
8. When Sibyl and Victor leave, what do Amanda and Elyot do with the cocktails?
(a) They dump the drinks out.
(b) Amanda throws her drink on Elyot.
(c) They share the ones on Elyot's side and toast the new spouses.
(d) They drink both sets of cocktails.
9. What time of day does the first act take place?
10. What does Sibyl dislike?
(a) Overly witty people.
(b) Overly masculine men.
(c) Masculine women.
(d) Nosy people.
11. What does Elyot do to Amanda to calm her when she starts to panic about leaving?
(a) He has her drink some brandy.
(b) He tells her to find Victor and explain what is going on.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He kisses her.
12. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
(a) A sunburn.
(b) Tiring herself out.
(d) The beach.
13. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
(a) A weak man.
(b) A windbag.
(c) Not a gentleman.
(d) A "pompous ass."
14. What does Amanda say they must do before they leave for Paris?
(a) They must find their spouses and explain what happened.
(b) They must make a pact to never quarrel again.
(c) They must leave a note for their spouses.
(d) They must go home first.
15. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
(a) Amanda says that Elyot is staying next door to them.
(b) Amanda says that Elyot is staying on the yacht.
(c) Amanda says that Elyot is working at the hotel.
(d) Amanda says she saw Elyot running down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
2. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
3. Where do Elyot and Sibyl plan to eat dinner?
4. What reason does Amanda give when she tries to convince Victor that they need to leave the hotel?
5. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)