|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Amanda give when she tries to convince Victor that they need to leave the hotel?
(a) The hotel is not comfortable enough.
(b) Her sister died in a horrible accident nearby.
(c) Her sister is waiting for them in Paris.
(d) She has had a premonition of a natural disaster.
2. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
(d) He does not have a nickname for her.
3. What memory do Amanda and Elyot reminisce over after their spouses have left in Act 1?
(a) Walking around London.
(b) Traveling the world.
(c) Ice skating.
4. What time of day does the first act take place?
5. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
(a) Elyot regrets marrying her.
(b) Elyot hopes she chokes on her dinner.
(c) Elyot loves her.
(d) Amanda is staying next door to them.
6. What is heard off-stage when the play starts?
(a) Elyot and Sibyl arguing.
(b) Birds chirping.
(c) The ocean waves.
(d) A small orchestra.
7. In what building does Act I take place?
(a) A casino.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Amanda's flat.
(d) A restaurant.
8. What does Amanda tell Victor in the first act that frightens him?
(a) Amanda wishes to gamble all night.
(b) Amanda plans to run away with Elyot.
(c) Amanda wants to get a sunburn on the beach.
(d) Amanda claims to be unreliable and complex.
9. What is the view from the terrace?
(a) A casino.
(b) A wedding.
(c) Ocean waves crashing.
(d) The water reflecting the lights of a nearby yacht.
10. What does Elyot do to Amanda to calm her when she starts to panic about leaving?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He tells her to find Victor and explain what is going on.
(d) He has her drink some brandy.
11. According to Elyot, how does he feel about Amanda?
(a) He is still angry at her.
(b) He despises and pities her.
(c) He is indifferent toward her.
(d) He loves her.
12. What does Sibyl dislike?
(a) Overly masculine men.
(b) Nosy people.
(c) Overly witty people.
(d) Masculine women.
13. When Sibyl and Victor leave, what do Amanda and Elyot do with the cocktails?
(a) Amanda throws her drink on Elyot.
(b) They drink both sets of cocktails.
(c) They dump the drinks out.
(d) They share the ones on Elyot's side and toast the new spouses.
14. To where do Elyot and Amanda plan to run away?
(c) The Taj Mahal.
15. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
(a) Hearing their song.
(b) Elyot watches Amanda dance with her husband.
(c) Reminiscing about their marriage.
(d) The arguments with Victor and Sibyl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
2. To what does Amanda say, "What an odd thing to be glad about?"
3. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
4. What time is it, specifically, at the top of Act I?
5. What is Sibyl's nickname for Elyot?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)