|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elyot do to Amanda to calm her when she starts to panic about leaving?
(a) He has her drink some brandy.
(b) He tells her to find Victor and explain what is going on.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He kisses her.
2. How long were Elyot and Amanda married?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) They were never married.
(d) Five years.
3. According to Amanda, what rules her life?
4. Who says, "I think very few people are completely normal really, deep down in their private lives?"
5. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
(a) They are eating dinner together.
(b) They are taking in the view from the terrace.
(c) They are arguing with each other.
(d) They are arguing with their spouses.
6. What is the view from the terrace?
(a) Ocean waves crashing.
(b) A casino.
(c) The water reflecting the lights of a nearby yacht.
(d) A wedding.
7. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
(a) It transcended their problems in the relationship.
(b) It brought out the best in them.
(c) It brought out the worst in them.
(d) It did nothing.
8. What does Amanda say they must do before they leave for Paris?
(a) They must go home first.
(b) They must leave a note for their spouses.
(c) They must find their spouses and explain what happened.
(d) They must make a pact to never quarrel again.
9. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
(c) St. Mortiz.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
10. What does Elyot say that Amanda initially resists?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that he is in love with Sibyl.
(b) Elyot says that he will leave the hotel.
(c) Elyot swears that she will never see him again.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he loves her.
11. What appears to be one of Elyot's pastimes?
12. What does Elyot and Amanda conclude about their past relationship?
(a) They had many wonderful times together.
(b) Their relationship was perfect.
(c) They had nothing but terrible times in their lives together.
(d) Their relationship was not nearly as passionate as they remember.
13. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
(c) He does not have a nickname for her.
14. How do Amanda and Elyot realize that they are sharing a terrace in the hotel?
(a) Amanda asks Elyot for a cigarette.
(b) Amanda hears Elyot shouting at Sibyl.
(c) Amanda hears Elyot singing one of their favorite songs.
(d) Elyot sees Amanda with her new husband.
15. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
(a) Amanda says that Elyot is staying next door to them.
(b) Amanda says that Elyot is working at the hotel.
(c) Amanda says she saw Elyot running down the street.
(d) Amanda says that Elyot is staying on the yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says "I like a man to be a man?"
2. What genre of play is "Private Lives?"
3. What does Elyot tell Amanda that comforts her?
4. What does Elyot accuse Sibyl of being?
5. In Act I, Sibyl asks Elyot about Amanda. According to Elyot, what does Amanda do beautifully that Sibyl can not do?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)