|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elyot tell Amanda before he tries to leave the terrace?
(a) He tells her that they both know they are not in love with their new spouses.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that he hates her for ruining his honeymoon.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda he never loved her before.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda he loves her.
2. What does Amanda tell Victor in the first act that frightens him?
(a) Amanda wishes to gamble all night.
(b) Amanda wants to get a sunburn on the beach.
(c) Amanda plans to run away with Elyot.
(d) Amanda claims to be unreliable and complex.
3. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
4. What is the code-phrase that Amanda and Elyot decide to use to stop all arguments?
(a) Private lives.
(b) Solomon's privacy.
(c) Solomon Isaacs.
(d) Sullivan Isaacs.
5. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
6. According to Amanda, what did her and Elyot's love do to their relationship?
(a) It brought out the worst in them.
(b) It transcended their problems in the relationship.
(c) It brought out the best in them.
(d) It did nothing.
7. What is the view from the terrace?
(a) A casino.
(b) Ocean waves crashing.
(c) The water reflecting the lights of a nearby yacht.
(d) A wedding.
8. In what building does Act I take place?
(a) A casino.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Amanda's flat.
9. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
(b) St. Mortiz.
(d) The French Riviera.
10. Where did Elyot and Amanda spend their honeymoon?
(a) St. Mortiz.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
11. When Elyot is trying to convince Sibyl of premonition of disaster, what does he say will possibly happen?
(a) A boat accident.
(b) A violent explosion.
(c) A fire at the hotel.
(d) A flood.
12. Why do Amanda and Elyot choose to flee to Amanda's flat?
(a) Victor does not know where it is.
(b) It is in the country.
(c) It is where Amanda and Elyot used to live together.
(d) It is back home.
13. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
(b) Play piano.
14. Which character says, "Love is no use unless it's wise, and kind, and undramatic?"
15. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
(a) Overly dependent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other option presented for Amanda and Elyot if they choose to not run away?
2. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
3. How long have Amanda and Elyot been divorced at the start of the play?
4. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
5. What are Victor and Sibyl doing at the end of Act I?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)