Short Essay Questions Key
1. At the start of the play, is Elyot in love with Sibyl? How can the reader tell?
2. To Sibyl's dismay, Elyot does not care for her mother and believes that Sibyl married him in part to escape her. What do the differing attitudes about the mother reveal about Sibyl's character?
3. Elyot remarks to Sibyl that, "Apart from loving me and all that, you must have plans." What does he mean by that and why would he accuse Sibyl of it?
4. Why does Sibyl keep asking Elyot about Amanda?
5. What is Amanda's outlook on the violence in her previous marriage that is so shocking to Victor?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)